PDA

View Full Version : Now with Surtain/Law as our CBs, here is the latest reason why we will suck...

RealSNR
07-24-2006, 12:47 AM
...according to Donk fans.

Apparently Law was the final piece to the puzzle and now that our D is that much better for this year, our offense will go down the shitter.

ROFL

I especially love how they've been waiting for the oppurtune moment to play this card, which is when they really might need it. It's like a nerd game of magic or something and this is their last ditch effort card to play.

First LJ is unstoppable, but our defense will still suck. Now our defense will be decent but no amount of anger in LJ can overcome Shields, Roaf, and Green being old.

Rausch
07-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Exactly why Elway never won a super bowl...

KCChiefsMan
07-24-2006, 01:02 AM
I think Ty Law is a piece to the puzzle, a very crucial piece, I mean he had 9 ints last year and Surtain is a bad ass, this is awesome, how could somebody doubt this? A defense with Law/Surtain is way better than a defense with Surtain/and who the hell knows, what benny sapp???? I am extremely happy about this move

Halfcan
07-24-2006, 01:27 AM
I thought Ty had 10 INT's??

Halfcan
07-24-2006, 01:27 AM
They said our Offense was going to suck last year. Dumbf$cks!!

pr_capone
07-24-2006, 01:45 AM
In all reality though, Parker needs a BREAK-OUT year. LJ and Green cant do it all by themselves.

Kennison is a great WR, but he cant be the only one catching the ball. Parker and Gonzo both need a big year if we are going to win our first playoff game in ages.

Also, alot of stock is being put on LJ to carry us through this year, and he can. I have HUGE reservations though about the amount of carries he is going to get this year. He wants the ball and Solari/Edwards/and Green are all gonna give him the ball. BUT, if he gets injured and misses any large number of games... I would think it would be safe to say that we loose an additional 2-3 games that we would have won with LJ in the line-up.

The D is vastly improved over last year with the addition of Law alone. The pairing of Surtain and Law give KC one of the top 3 CB tandems in the NFL. With that said, Greg Wesley couldnt hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Sims and his Oreo & Gravy fetish is still a problem.

The ROLB position is still a bit of a question with the half-hearted effort that Bell put in last year. He appears to be nothing like the Bell that won the D-Rookie of the year award in 2001.

On the other hand, some bright spots on the D side of things are Allen and DJ. Those 2 are and will be the building block of our D in years to come. Dare I say, our next Neil Smith & Derrick Thomas combo.

This comming season could possible be what we have been waiting for... our first playoff win a LONG time, and possibly a run at the SB.

*DAMN* I should have Whitlock's job. :D

jspchief
07-24-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm not sure what else you'd expect from fans of a division rival. It's not like they're just going to raise the white flag because we signed a FA.

big nasty kcnut
07-24-2006, 01:55 AM
Well denver fans card got trumped by the lj card of running them over and crushing thier pie hole.

StcChief
07-24-2006, 05:12 AM
The FA DTs are NOT better in shoring up the running D.

Bell needs to be use to his strength. Blitzing. but still doesn't pan out.

Top CBs will give Allen, Hali the extra 0.5-1 sec to get to the QB. The other team stops throwing as much because they can still run on us.

greg63
07-24-2006, 06:33 AM
:nosmilie:

greg63
07-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I'm not sure what else you'd expect from fans of a division rival. It's not like they're just going to raise the white flag because we signed a FA.

Agreed.

Amnorix
07-24-2006, 07:00 AM
My biggest worry for you guys is front 7. Both pressure on QB and run defense.

If you guys have that straightened out, you're seriously in the running for the prize.

chagrin
07-24-2006, 07:02 AM
In all reality though, Parker needs a BREAK-OUT year.

Has Samie learned how to catch the ball yet?

morphius
07-24-2006, 07:05 AM
My biggest worry for you guys is front 7. Both pressure on QB and run defense.

If you guys have that straightened out, you're seriously in the running for the prize.
I'm not at all worried about the front seven...

...its the damn front four that scare me.

morphius
07-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Has Samie learned how to catch the ball yet?
After his injury last year he came back and caught everything and anything.

morphius
07-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Basically it is going to come down to Roaf staying healthy. I believe we have enough decent, young WR along with Kennison and Gonzo to keep the Offense movine. But you take out Roaf and the passing O seems to fall apart.

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 07:11 AM

yup...we have some potential at DE, but our DTs a basically a laughing stock...

morphius
07-24-2006, 07:22 AM
yup...we have some potential at DE, but our DTs a basically a laughing stock...
I'm hoping that the DL coach we got in the offseason can really whip these guys into shape, he does seem to have a pretty good history of getting guys to play well, at least I believe so.

Either way, I think Mitchel and DJ are pretty damn good, and we have some competition at the other spot.

Hound333
07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
If Roaf goes down we suck. We don't have anyone that can play the blind side well enough. We don't need to be a top 5 defense. We just need a number around 10 and keep our offense were it was. We do that and we end up in the bowl. If our defense stays in the 20's we are 50/50 to even get into the playoffs.

jspchief
07-24-2006, 08:50 AM
yup...we have some potential at DE, but our DTs a basically a laughing stock...We don't know what we have at DT. There are at least 3 guys that will contend for time at the DT position this year that weren't on the field for us last year.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that we may see significant improvement at the DT position by replacing guys like Dalton, Siavii, Browning, and Wilkerson.

It's optimistic but not unreasonable to think this D can make a big stride this year. Derrick Johnson should only get better, while Allen and Mitchell are just hitting their prime. We are the strongest at CB that we've been in a decade, having upgraded both the #2 CB and nickelback (assuming Law signs). Every position that I would label a "weak point" from last year has at least a few new faces competing for the job.

We were about 10 plays away from being a top ten defense last year. I don't think it's a pipedream to think the new guys we brought in could make the difference.

donkhater
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Until this team shows me it can go on the road and beat (on both sides of the ball) a playoff-caliber team, I'll be lukewarm about them. That's league parity and 13 years without a playoff win talking.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Well denver fans card got trumped by the lj card of running them over and crushing thier pie hole.

ROFL

(10)

StcChief
07-24-2006, 10:33 AM
We don't know what we have at DT. There are at least 3 guys that will contend for time at the DT position this year that weren't on the field for us last year.

It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that we may see significant improvement at the DT position by replacing guys like Dalton, Siavii, Browning, and Wilkerson.

It's optimistic but not unreasonable to think this D can make a big stride this year. Derrick Johnson should only get better, while Allen and Mitchell are just hitting their prime. We are the strongest at CB that we've been in a decade, having upgraded both the #2 CB and nickelback (assuming Law signs). Every position that I would label a "weak point" from last year has at least a few new faces competing for the job.

We were about 10 plays away from being a top ten defense last year. I don't think it's a pipedream to think the new guys we brought in could make the difference.
Agreed...

The new faces at DT, Hali at DE
Solid CBs starting and backup Surtain,Law, Walls...Battle
SS Knight/Pollard
FS either Pollard/Wesley/Battle

Better LB Play from Bell, DJ, Mitchell

NEW Coaches...

Just the infusion of new players. give me very optomistic hope.

MahiMike
07-24-2006, 10:50 AM
After his injury last year he came back and caught everything and anything.

Huh. I musta missed that. Sammie can't hold Boerigter's jock strap.

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 10:56 AM
We don't know what we have at DT. There are at least 3 guys that will contend for time at the DT position this year that weren't on the field for us last year.

I agree with the gist of your post...I'm hopeful for the D, namely because I think we have enough talent now that not even Gunther can screw it up.

I don't agree with the 10 plays away comment. We own those plays. And collapases like Philly/Giants were about more than single plays. They were about scheme and talent. Coaching is still a ?? to me.

If our new DTs play at even a good-to-average level that will give us depth we didn't have. I'll take it as a sign that we're better at the position when Siavii gets cut.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Agreed...

The new faces at DT, Hali at DE
Solid CBs starting and backup Surtain,Law, Walls...Battle
SS Knight/Pollard
FS either Pollard/Wesley/Battle

Better LB Play from Bell, DJ, Mitchell

NEW Coaches...

Just the infusion of new players. give me very optomistic hope.

I think getting better play from Bell, at this point, is a pipe dream. If we really want to get better, Fox needs to win that position.

KingPriest2
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Hali and Allen scare you? YOu are the only person that I know who has said that.

morphius
07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Hali and Allen scare you? YOu are the only person that I know who has said that.
I haven't seen Hali do anything yet, and he hasn't even taken Hicks position yet either. I can't say that I'm not excited to see him play, but he hasn't even played a preseason game in the NFL yet.

Mostly it was a comment that I'm content with out LB's.

B_Ambuehl
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Apparently Law was the final piece to the puzzle and now that our D is that much better for this year, our offense will go down the shitter.

That could very well occur due to lack of depth. A team needs 2 good quarterbacks and 2 good running backs. A fill-in running back can always be found but this football team doesn't have a back-up at QB.

Mecca
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM

ROFL...............Not more Boerigter bullshit I thought that left when he did.

Mecca
07-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm hoping that the DL coach we got in the offseason can really whip these guys into shape, he does seem to have a pretty good history of getting guys to play well, at least I believe so.

Either way, I think Mitchel and DJ are pretty damn good, and we have some competition at the other spot.

I think the problem with that is......of the coaches we took from Buffalo the LB coach looks like the better one......

Hammock Parties
07-24-2006, 12:59 PM

Parker's way better than Bo. And yes, he came back after the injury and played extremely well.