PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's D vs. Chief's D

petegz28
07-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Seems I remember both D's being ranked similar vs. the Pass (high 20's) and Run (top 10). At least until the Giants game.

So with Pryce and Walls leaving Denver and the Chiefs picking up Law plus drafting defense with their #1 & #2 picks how do you see this comparison on paper anyway now?

DaKCMan AP
07-24-2006, 08:02 AM
On paper:

We have a better secondary, they have better LBs.

Both of our D-Line's suck (lots of unrealized talent).

morphius
07-24-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm not going to give the nod to our team's D over anyone's until I see it in action.

The potential is there though, and they have been really inconsistent at the CB position.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Well you can't discount the fact that the Donks have all world cornerback Chump "I consistently get burnt" Bailey in their secondary so I think its a draw.:rolleyes:

petegz28
07-24-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm not going to give the nod to our team's D over anyone's until I see it in action.

The potential is there though, and they have been really inconsistent at the CB position.

but if you look at last years' numbers (going from memory from months back) we ranked the same almost vs. the pass and vs. the run.

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Seems I remember both D's being ranked similar vs. the Pass (high 20's) and Run (top 10). At least until the Giants game.

So with Pryce and Walls leaving Denver and the Chiefs picking up Law plus drafting defense with their #1 & #2 picks how do you see this comparison on paper anyway now?

I seem them about the same. Walls wasn't playing anyway so he is a non factor. The fact that Walls is now a Chief is a non-factor as well. Walls maybe a suitable back up. We will know after camp.

Their D line didn't get much penetration either, but they were run stoppers. I don't see that changing either.

I see the passing D about the same between the teams. Maybe a slight edge to KC since the duo of KC is stronger than the duo of Denver.
Running D for Denver is better than Chiefs. They sure have got a lot of mileage from the Browns bone pile.

Lzen
07-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Well you can't discount the fact that the Donks have all world cornerback Chump "I consistently get burnt" Bailey in their secondary so I think its a draw.:rolleyes:

I think you guys are being a little hard on Bailey. Sure, Kennison seems to have his number. But I've seen a lot of other plays by that guy that makes him a great cb.

Lzen
07-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I would give the Chiefs a slight edge in the starting 2 CBs. However, pass D is about more than the starting 2 CBs. You have to take into account the safeties. Lynch is definitely better than any of our safeties. I don't remember who their other guy is. And then there's nickel and dime defense where the team has more CBs out there. Plus, will our pass rush from the front 4 be improved this year? It all looks good on paper right now, but we will see. I'm definitely positive about it, though.

Hound333
07-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Bailey didn't do terrible. Most of the secondary troubles last year were when they passed away from him. Their LB's are just awsome. Like someone above me said. It will be about the Def line between these two teams.

petegz28
07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Bailey didn't do terrible. Most of the secondary troubles last year were when they passed away from him. Their LB's are just awsome. Like someone above me said. It will be about the Def line between these two teams.

I am not even going to compare Mitchell to Al Wilson. But Mitchell was a monster last year. A hard hitting , head hnting MLB. The only think Gold has on DJ is experience\confidence. Other than that DJ is a much better and faster LB than Gold.

Key Fox I think is a very servicable OLB and has potentioal to be very good. If Bell can get it together he is better than the ROLB in denver I think.

So outside of Wilson and some experience I would say that this year the Chiefs' LB's may be just as good as Denver's as a unit.

DaKCMan AP
07-24-2006, 08:29 AM
I am not even going to compare Mitchell to Al Wilson. But Mitchell was a monster last year. A hard hitting , head hnting MLB. The only think Gold has on DJ is experience\confidence. Other than that DJ is a much better and faster LB than Gold.

Key Fox I think is a very servicable OLB and has potentioal to be very good. If Bell can get it together he is better than the ROLB in denver I think.

So outside of Wilson and some experience I would say that this year the Chiefs' LB's may be just as good as Denver's as a unit.

I like our LB crew a lot. I think they can be very, very good. However, until they prove it on the field, Dungver's group of LBs are better.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
On paper:

We have a better secondary, they have better LBs.

Both of our D-Line's suck (lots of unrealized talent).

on paper perhaps.....but chiefs secondary even with law isn't as good as ours....

bailey = the cb best in football

d-will = potential star and current playmaker

foxworth = as good a nickel back as there is

ferguson = 5 int's last year and solid run stopper

lynch = perinnial pro bowler and playmaker extrordinare

secondary is quitely becoming the strength of our defense....

jspchief
07-24-2006, 09:04 AM
on paper perhaps.....but chiefs secondary even with law isn't as good as ours....

#1 CB, big edge Broncos.
#2 CB, huge edge Chiefs. You guys are counting your chickens a little early on Williams
Nickel, probably edge Chiefs, but I'll call it a tie. Foxworth gets abused, Walls is an upgrade at our NB position.
FS, edge Broncos. As long as Wesley is the guy it's a weakness.
SS, Tie. Lynch and Knight are the same players

I get a kick out of the way Broncos have put those two rookie CBs on a pedestal. They got abused last year, but it gets passed over for the rare big play.

All I know is KC upgraded at least two positions on their pass D, while Denver stayed the same. I'll go out on a limb now and say we'll be ranked higher in pass D at the end of the year.

DaKCMan AP
07-24-2006, 09:06 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
07-24-2006, 09:06 AM
All I know is KC upgraded at least two positions on their pass D, while Denver stayed the same. I'll go out on a limb now and say we'll be ranked higher in pass D at the end of the year.

:clap:

(9)

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
=jspchief
I get a kick out of the way Broncos have put those two rookie CBs on a pedestal. They got abused last year, but it gets passed over for the rare big play.

rare big play you say?

watch this and then try and sell me on that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frbNUD3rM3Y&search=rookie%20impacts

i hope it still works......

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 09:16 AM

your homer vision is melting my brane

Lynch still can't find his groin after getting juked by LJ in KC..it was a play, and it was extraordinary. He looked a lot like Jerome Woods. And will so even more this year.

your secondary quietly gave up 2 passing yards less per game than ours...which is quitely embarrassing...

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
, probably edge Chiefs, but I'll call it a tie. Foxworth gets abused, Walls is an upgrade at our NB position.

just a reminder.....walls lost his nickel job to foxworth....

then we cut walls because he was so terrible.....

so i don't see how he gets the edge at nickel...

R&GHomer
07-24-2006, 09:18 AM
rare big play you say?

i hope it still works......

Vile.. I think I just puked in my mouth a little. :Lin:

jspchief
07-24-2006, 09:19 AM
rare big play you say?

i hope it still works......Yes, rare big play. I could put together a comparable highlight reel of Greg Wesley and Dexter Mcleon. It doesn't change the fact they get abused regularly.

Darrent Williams looks like he'll be solid, but he's not Darrell Green, no matter how many times Donkey fans say it. He sure as hell doesn't deserve mention in the company of Surtain or Law.

And IMO Foxworth sucks. He got used like a Mexican hooker last year.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:23 AM

Lynch still can't find his groin after getting juked by LJ in KC..it was a play, and it was extraordinary. He looked a lot like Jerome Woods. And will so even more this year.

your secondary quietly gave up 2 passing yards less per game than ours...which is quitely embarrassing...

i'll excuse your short sightedness this time.....let me help you along

just because lynch got juked on one play to one of the best players in football doesn't mean he's not a playmaker....you may wanna use a tad bit larger sample size than that....

secondly....you have to know more about the game than to compare passing yards allowed to compare secondaries....too many factors involved...mainly the fact that denver played with leads most of the time while kansas city didn't....teams HAD to throw against us....

why don't you compare something like int's.....

morphius
07-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Yes, rare big play. I could put together a comparable highlight reel of Greg Wesley and Dexter Mcleon. It doesn't change the fact they get abused regularly.

Darrent Williams looks like he'll be solid, but he's not Darrell Green, no matter how many times Donkey fans say it. He sure as hell doesn't deserve mention in the company of Surtain or Law.

And IMO Foxworth sucks. He got used like a Mexican hooker last year.
Exactly my thought. We could give one hell of a McCleon/Wesley video, doesn't mean anything other then they made a few plays.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Yes, rare big play. I could put together a comparable highlight reel of Greg Wesley and Dexter Mcleon..

yeah right.....

until i see you do it....advantage me....

bringbackmarty
07-24-2006, 09:25 AM
bailey = the best of the overrated DB's in football.

d-will = potential star and current playmaker in the MFL (midget football league)

foxworth = A redneck who is not very funny.
ferguson = The only other decent corner besides Bailey.

lynch = Thug, and a roid user.

The Donx are quietly becoming a more interesting version of the chiefs in marty's last year ....

BucEyedPea
07-24-2006, 09:29 AM

..and helped your team beat the Pats by doing a good job rattling Brady!

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 09:30 AM

just because lynch got juked on one play to one of the best players in football doesn't mean he's not a playmaker....you may wanna use a tad bit larger sample size than that....

secondly....you have to know more about the game than to compare passing yards allowed to compare secondaries....too many factors involved...mainly the fact that denver played with leads most of the time while kansas city didn't....teams HAD to throw against us....

why don't you compare something like int's.....

uh, your evidence for Lynch being a "playmaker extrordinaire" consisted of you calling him "a playmaker extrordinaire....your "sample size" was 0...my sample size was 1...I win...

the rest of the gibberish you typed amounted to this: "our secondary is good because I say so"....

the idea that we didn't play with leads is laughable...our offense over the last 3 years has provided us leads more than any other team, only we don't try to pawn it off as an excxuse for why our secondary sucks...

you're so deep in your homer nonsense you can't see your way out...

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:30 AM

good point!

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:31 AM
bailey = the best of the overrated DB's in football.

d-will = potential star and current playmaker in the MFL (midget football league)

foxworth = A redneck who is not very funny.
ferguson = The only other decent corner besides Bailey.

lynch = Thug, and a roid user.

The Donx are quietly becoming a more interesting version of the chiefs in marty's last year ....

that's pretty good...

the d-will take was the funniest....

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 09:33 AM

and all those plays he made against Manning in the playoffs....who can forget that...his 3 tackles that day are the stuff of legend...

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:37 AM
uh, your evidence for Lynch being a "playmaker extrordinaire" consisted of you calling him "a playmaker extrordinaire....your "sample size" was 0...my sample size was 1...I win...

the rest of the gibberish you typed amounted to this: "our secondary is good because I say so"....

the idea that we didn't play with leads is laughable...our offense over the last 3 years has provided us leads more than any other team, only we don't try to pawn it off as an excxuse for why our secondary sucks...

you're so deep in your homer nonsense you can't see your way out...

you're kinda dumb huh?

well that's cool.....

you're trying to debate how good your secondary is and you say I'M BEING THE HOMER?

anyway....your offense scores points but your defense allows them right back....hence you don't play with leads...heck often times the opposing team scores first making you play from behind....

jspchief
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM

why don't you compare something like int's.....Is this post a joke? I'm not sure which is more laughable, the claim that KC didn't play with leads or that INTs is a more significant stat than yards allowed.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 09:40 AM

You guys are just going to have to get over this! Champ"property of eddie Kennison"Bailey is not the best corner in football. Hall from Atlanta (how do you spell D'angelo?) kicks his over rated ass!

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
You guys are just going to have to get over this! Champ"property of eddie Kennison"Bailey is not the best corner in football. Hall from Atlanta (how do you spell D'angelo?) kicks his over rated ass!

........(yawn).......

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
you're kinda dumb huh?

well that's cool.....

you're trying to debate how good your secondary is and you say I'M BEING THE HOMER?

I'm responding to your idiotic post about how great your secondary is..the only thing I've said about our secondary is that they suck.

You don't read well, and you're dumb.

Nothing you've said makes any sense.

jspchief
07-24-2006, 09:48 AM
yeah right.....

until i see you do it....advantage me....I don't have the slightest desire to put together a highlight reel of two of the crappiest DBs in football. but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

Greg Wesley had 6 INTs last year, and has only 2 less INTs in his 7 year career than Bailey has in an 8 year career. I'm sure someone could put together one hell of a highlight reel.

But one great play every once in awhile doesn't change the fact that he's out of position a lot and gets burned regularly...just like your two golden boy rookies.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 09:54 AM
........(yawn).......
typical donkey argument. I am not surprised you are yawning, seeing as "Bailey is the best corner in football" is clearly dreaming.

DaKCMan AP
07-24-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't have the slightest desire to put together a highlight reel of two of the crappiest DBs in football. but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

Greg Wesley had 6 INTs last year, and has only 2 less INTs in his 7 year career than Bailey has in an 8 year career. I'm sure someone could put together one hell of a highlight reel.

But one great play every once in awhile doesn't change the fact that he's out of position a lot and gets burned regularly...just like your two golden boy rookies.

pwned

Mile High Mania
07-24-2006, 09:58 AM
On paper... I'd say things look rather equal. As mentioned previously, neither defense looks to be a badass when it comes to pressuring the QB.

There's too much to consider with the changes... which team's defense will gel faster and roll with the additions/subtractions from 2005 the fastest? That's something that nobody knows.

At CB... KC now has the more 'proven' tandem. Denver has a great option with Bailey and while Williams is not 'proven', he appears to be very talented with the ability to be really good.

We'll soon see how things shake out in camps and if the defenses can avoid injuries, both should be really good.

The first month of the season will also have a big say in how the teams start out and how the defenses look in live action compared to on paper.

Denver:
@ Rams
vs KC
@Patriots
bye
vs Ravens
vs Raiders

KC:
vs Bengals
@ Broncos
bye
vs 49ers
@ Cardinals
@ Steelers

Neither team has an easy schedule... but, KC does have 3 road games (1 back2back series) while Denver only has 2 road games in the first 5 overall. So, sedated can start crying about that one now if he likes...

petegz28
07-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Why do we always get the Home Opener for Denver?

CoMoChief
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
LE: Hali > Brown
DT: R.Sims > G.Warren
DT: J.Reed > M.Myers
RE: J.Allen > E.Ekuban
OLB: K.Bell < DJ.Williams
MLB: K.Mitchell < A.Wilson
OLB: D.Johnson < I.Gold
CB: P.Surtain < C.Bailey
CB: T.Law > D. Williams
FS: G.Wesley < J.Lynch
SS: B.Pollard > N.Ferguson

This is the way I see it by the time the reg season starts.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Would they allow this type of banter over at the orphanagemange?

beer bacon
07-24-2006, 10:28 AM

I would say Warren at this point is better then Sims. Vice versa for DJ and Gold. I also wouldn't say that rookies are better then anybody at this point.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Would they allow this type of banter over at the orphanagemange?

Yep.

As long as you don't mind discussing it in their off-topic forum. They don't allow Donkey-bashing anywhere but there.

Mile High Mania
07-24-2006, 10:42 AM

It's either luck or the NFL really hates KC... I dunno.

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 10:44 AM

or that thing the Rat does with his mouth....

StcChief
07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
One word....TV Ratings

stevieray
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM

luck?...

how many years in a row is it now?

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 10:46 AM

can't put rookies over these guys...Brown > Hali....Ferguson > Pollard (who won't even be starting)

no way Sims is better than Warren....Lynch, imho, slipped last year and is slow as hell...I'd say Welsey is better THIS year....

Mile High Mania
07-24-2006, 10:52 AM
luck?...

how many years in a row is it now?

1? The Chargers were the home opener in 2005.

HerculesRockefell
07-24-2006, 11:05 AM

Whatever dude, take off the homer glasses. The only thing I'll agree with is Champ being the best corner in football. Bronco fans need to get off of Williams' and Foxworth's nuts. They were great for rookie corners last year, but that doesn't mean they're great corners, or even average, yet. Most of it was probably the scheme, but they were giving so much cushion to opposing WRs last year it wasn't even funny. Lynch can't cover and Fergy's picks came from playing center-field. Whenever he got locked up on a TE, he was absolutely abused by the other team. I pray someone like Brandon or Browner can beat him out in camp this year and give Denver a safety that has some athleticism.

stevieray
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM

not home opener, but in the first four games.

sorry I wasn't more specific.

HerculesRockefell
07-24-2006, 11:07 AM

Until the Chiefs LBs are routinely mentioned as being one of the best LB units in the NFL, like Denver's is, it's not a debate.

jspchief
07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Bronco fans need to get off of Williams' and Foxworth's nuts. They were great for rookie corners last year, but that doesn't mean they're great corners, or even average, yet.Well stated. They played solid for being rookies, but to make claims of greatness at this point is getting ahead of yourself.

jspchief
07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Until the Chiefs LBs are routinely mentioned as being one of the best LB units in the NFL, like Denver's is, it's not a debate.I agree. But I do think that our LB unit is on the rise.

Our D as a whole is going to have to show more improvement before Kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson really get their due. And we still need better play from the other OLB spot, whether it be from Bell or a young guy like Fox.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree. But I do think that our LB unit is on the rise.

Our D as a whole is going to have to show more improvement before Kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson really get their due. And we still need better play from the other OLB spot, whether it be from Bell or a young guy like Fox.

Yep.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I agree. But I do think that our LB unit is on the rise.

Man I hope its Fox he impressed me every bit as much as DJ did before he got hurt last year. If he's back at 100% I'd feel way more comfortable with him out there over Bell.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm responding to your idiotic post about how great your secondary is..the only thing I've said about our secondary is that they suck.

You don't read well, and you're dumb.

Nothing you've said makes any sense.

thanks....appreciate it....

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't have the slightest desire to put together a highlight reel of two of the crappiest DBs in football. but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

one great play once in a while?

last i checked lynch has gone to the pro bowl the last 2 years....

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:37 AM

i'm actually okay with that....pretty good....pretty fair...

i disagree with the g warren & N ferguson one but it could be argued either way.....

good take

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Whatever dude, take off the homer glasses. The only thing I'll agree with is Champ being the best corner in football. Bronco fans need to get off of Williams' and Foxworth's nuts. They were great for rookie corners last year, but that doesn't mean they're great corners, or even average, yet. Most of it was probably the scheme, but they were giving so much cushion to opposing WRs last year it wasn't even funny. Lynch can't cover and Fergy's picks came from playing center-field. Whenever he got locked up on a TE, he was absolutely abused by the other team. I pray someone like Brandon or Browner can beat him out in camp this year and give Denver a safety that has some athleticism.

okay well.....we'll see

petegz28
07-24-2006, 11:43 AM
One word....TV Ratings

What? If that was the case we would have more Monday and Sunday night games.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
one great play once in a while?

last i checked lynch has gone to the pro bowl the last 2 years....
yea cause name alone doesnt have any thing to do with the pro bowl. Its great that donx take is that Law is old and injured but Lynch and Walker are gods gift to football. Lynch is slow slow slow and walker is coming off a Major injury don't pretend the donx don't have any ? on that team.

petegz28
07-24-2006, 11:47 AM

Yes we got the first Monday night game there. I was thinking it was their home opener

petegz28
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
yea cause name alone doesnt have any thing to do with the pro bowl. Its great that donx take is that Law is old and injured but Lynch and Walker are gods gift to football. Lynch is slow slow slow and walker is coming off a Major injury don't pretend the donx don't have any ? on that team.

Walker going to even be ready for camp?

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:49 AM

i never criticized ty law.....check my posts for the day...you'll see that...

in fact i've made it clear on other boards that the ty law signing was a very good one....

heck....while i'm on a roll....if you check my first post today you'll see that i actually belive that law & surtain make the best cb tandem in football right now....

i'm simply here defending the broncos secondary......

and i won't let people downplay lynch without me adding my 2 cents...

i happen to think law is one of the top 3 or 4 corners in the game...

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Walker going to even be ready for camp?
Yea he's all ready been at practice but coming off an ACL is almost always a two year process.

Lzen
07-24-2006, 11:51 AM

This post is incorrect. I used the NFL.com site's game-by-game stats and, comparing simply who played with leads and/or what opponents threw a significantly larger amount of passes than runs, and discovered that the 2 teams were pretty even in this regard. Denver edged KC by one game, 12-11.

Den KC
Week 1 0 1
Week 2 0 1
Week 3 1 0
Week 4 1 1
Week 5 1 bye
Week 6 1 0
Week 7 1 1
Week 8 1 1*
Week 9 bye 1**
Week 10 1 0
Week 11 1 1
Week 12 1*** 1
Week 13 0 0
Week 14 1 1
Week 15 1 0
Week 16 1 1
Week 17 0 1

*Even though SD was ahead and KC was playing catchup, SD still threw 44 passes for the game, twice
as many as their rushes.

** Even though this game was close throughout, Oak threw 40 passes to only 25 rushes.

*** Even though this game was close, Dal threw 44 passes and rushed 29 times.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 11:53 AM
This post is incorrect. I used the NFL.com site's game-by-game stats and, comparing simply who played with leads and/or what teams threw a significantly larger amount of passes than runs, the 2 teams were pretty even. Denver edged KC by one game, 12-11.

Den KC
Week 1 0 1
Week 2 0 1
Week 3 1 0
Week 4 1 1
Week 5 1 bye
Week 6 1 0
Week 7 1 1
Week 8 1 1*
Week 9 bye 1**
Week 10 1 0
Week 11 1 1
Week 12 1*** 1
Week 13 0 0
Week 14 1 1
Week 15 1 0
Week 16 1 1
Week 17 0 1

*Even though SD was ahead and KC was playing catchup, SD still threw 44 passes for the game, twice
as many as rushes.

** Even though game was close, Oak threw 40 passes to only 25 rushes.

*** Even though game was close, Dal threw 44 passes and rushed 29 times.

how does this post prove that the chiefs played with the lead more than us?

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 11:58 AM

ROFL

You do realize that he quoted your EXACT words in his post, right?

Most people WAIT for a while before they try to change the subject because they're losing an argument.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 11:58 AM
#1 CB, big edge Broncos.
#2 CB, huge edge Chiefs. You guys are counting your chickens a little early on Williams
Nickel, probably edge Chiefs, but I'll call it a tie. Foxworth gets abused, Walls is an upgrade at our NB position.
FS, edge Broncos. As long as Wesley is the guy it's a weakness.
SS, Tie. Lynch and Knight are the same players
C'mon JSP...

You can't be serious here. From a football fan perspective, leaving your team affiliation behind, do you seriously say Knight is equal to Lynch?

Knight's best days are WAY behind him. He is slow and sloppy, a big liability on the KC d-backfield. The Chiefs are aware of this and took a reach during the draft to replace Knight.

Oops, almost forgot. Congrats on the Law signing, your front office is putting it all on the line to try for the ring before the window closes. Ya' gotta' like that.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 11:59 AM
heck....while i'm on a roll....if you check my first post today you'll see that i actually belive that law & surtain make the best cb tandem in football right now....

i'm simply here defending the broncos secondary......
I wont say they are the best tandem in football, like I said earlier D'angelo Hall is the best corner in football as far as the best tandem I don't know who I would put in that catagory. As far as the Donx secondary its not the worst but FAR from the best. I would have to put, with the addition of Law, KC's above it now. Like I said IMO Bailey is very overrated and Lynch has lost multiple steps.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 12:01 PM
or that thing the Rat does with his mouth....

:hmmm: Kiss his two SB trophies?

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 12:01 PM
ROFL

You do realize that he quoted your EXACT words in his post, right?

Most people WAIT for a while before they try to change the subject because they're losing an argument.

changing subjects is all he does....

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 12:03 PM

no, when he eats cheese...

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow one more then the Chiefs, and we didn't even have to cheat the salary cap for ours.

Lzen
07-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Ok, since you're a little slow, I'll go slowly.

You said:
mainly the fact that denver played with leads most of the time while kansas city didn't.

KC played with leads in 11 games last year. Denver played with leads in 12 games last year. The first part of what you said was correct in that Denver played with leads most of the time. The part about KC was not correct. And, using the stats I posted above, I am suggesting that your insinuation (that it was the reason why Denver's pass defense was only 2 yards per game better than KC's was) was completely based on Donkey homerism rather that actual facts.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow one more then the Chiefs, and we didn't even have to cheat the salary cap for ours.

I'm talking SB trophies won since they converted from leather helmets.

Salary cap smack is so weak and is the sole property of a few sandy-vag Chief fans such as your sad self. I guess if you can't win one you might as well cry about someone else's. Please.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 12:07 PM
no, when he eats cheese...

ROFL Take note MGRS13, this is quality smack with no leaky vagina residue.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 12:08 PM

You said:

KC played with leads in 11 games last year. Denver played with leads in 12 games last year. The first part of what you said was correct in that Denver played with leads most of the time. The part about KC was not correct. And, using the stats I posted above, I am suggesting that your insinuation (that it was the reason why Denver's pass defense was only 2 yards per game better than KC's was) was completely based on Donkey homerism rather that actual facts.

Oh no you didn't... ROFL

tk13
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
I know Surtain and Law might be a bit past their prime, but you'd have to be nuts to say Foxworth and Williams are better. I might as well be saying Benny Sapp is as good as Champ Bailey. That is some serious homerage.

I really think both defenses are very similar now. Whoever gets the better pass rush will probably have the better defense. We know the Broncos will try to get there by blitzing a lot. I have no idea what the Chiefs are going to do. Two years ago Gun blitzed a lot, last year he didn't nearly as much and let the front four work... so who knows what he's going to do now.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 12:10 PM
I guess if you can't win one you might as well cry about someone else's. Please.
Once again donkey fan has proved his ignorance. We have won one you idiot, christ you donk fans no nothing about the game.

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 12:11 PM
ROFL Take note MGRS13, this is quality smack with no leaky vagina residue.

I had no choice...you nailed me with the rings.

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 12:12 PM

You said:

I love those game-set-match moments on the intertubes.

:clap:

MGRS13
leaky vagina residue.
Glad to see you are finally speaking about something you really are familiar with.

petegz28
Yea he's all ready been at practice but coming off an ACL is almost always a two year process.

Receiver coming off an ACL??? Damaged Goods is what I call at this point.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Glad to see you are finally speaking about something you really are familiar with.

Sadly true. Your mom leaves it on my kitchen floor while making my breakfast before I boot her ass out the door until next time.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Receiver coming off an ACL??? Damaged Goods is what I call at this point.
I can't imagine his ability to cut will be with him this year. There is a reason why GB let him go, other then hes only had one good year.

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Sadly true. Your mom leaves it on my kitchen floor while making my breakfast before I boot her ass out the door until next time.
Wow a "your mom" joke good thing middle school is out for summer or you wouldn't even be able to post this afternoon.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 12:40 PM

You said:

good post actually......after you re-explaiined it for me...cuz yes i am a lil slow at times...and i'm okay with that

i don't have the time to further investigate my point of view with stats so i'll have to name you the temporary winner of this debate....

i'm at work so i'll have to check later......

but as for now you win.....i can't argue with the data....

Lzen
07-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Or perhaps we could compare just interceptions? You know, since a certain Donkey homer brought it up.

2005 INTS by each player in the starting secondaries

KC Denver
Ty Law 10 Champ Bailey 8
Pat Surtain 4 Darrant Williams 2
Greg Wesley 6 John Lynch 2
Sammy Knight 2 Nick Ferguson 5

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Or perhaps we could compare just interceptions? You know, since a certain Donkey homer brought it up.

2005 INTS by each player in the starting secondaries

KC Denver
Ty Law 10 Champ Bailey 8
Pat Surtain 4 Darrant Williams 2
Greg Wesley 6 John Lynch 2
Sammy Knight 2 Nick Ferguson 5

hey you cheated!

you can't use law's picks....they were with a different team...

plus....you left out nickel & dime secondary.....

our backups had picks too ya know.....

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
hey you cheated!

you can't use law's picks....they were with a different team...

plus....you left out nickel & dime secondary.....

our backups had picks too ya know.....

We haven't gotten this cheating thing down to an art like the Donks.
Please have some patience.

SPchief
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM

ROFL

Hammock Parties
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
There's no way the Broncos pass defense is better than Kansas City's.

We have better corners. We have better pass rushers. Safeties are a push.

We'll rank at least 8 spots ahead of them in pass defense this year.

Mecca
07-24-2006, 01:45 PM
This thread is ok other than the constant pimping of D'Angelo Hall as the best CB in the game. He's the best CB in the game if running your mouth and jumping up beating your chest after you tackle a guy 20 yards downfield makes you great. He gets beat then tackles the guy and beats his chest like he made a great play.

This all started last year in the game against the Eagles when ESPN drooled on him for "shutting down Owens". Owens had 8 catches for over 100 yards, I don't consider that shutting anyone down. Hall is a creation of the football media and the way he acts on the field more than his actual play.

Acts like Deion Sanders......sure as hell doesn't play that way. Although he seems to be really good at making people think he's that good.

DaKCMan AP
07-24-2006, 01:50 PM
I don't think Hall is one of the top corners yet. He is one of, if not the, most athletic, however.

Another young guy who happens to be quite underrated is Ricky Manning Jr.

Fish
07-24-2006, 02:01 PM
i don't have the time to further investigate my point of view with stats so i'll have to name you the temporary winner of this debate....

Investigate your point of view? That sounds an awful lot like you have no idea what the hell you're talking about...

And you've got an orange koolaid stain on your chin............

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Investigate your point of view? That sounds an awful lot like you have no idea what the hell you're talking about...

And you've got an orange koolaid stain on your chin............

suck something

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
This thread is ok other than the constant pimping of D'Angelo Hall as the best CB in the game. He's the best CB in the game if running your mouth and jumping up beating your chest after you tackle a guy 20 yards downfield makes you great. He gets beat then tackles the guy and beats his chest like he made a great play.

This all started last year in the game against the Eagles when ESPN drooled on him for "shutting down Owens". Owens had 8 catches for over 100 yards, I don't consider that shutting anyone down. Hall is a creation of the football media and the way he acts on the field more than his actual play.

Acts like Deion Sanders......sure as hell doesn't play that way. Although he seems to be really good at making people think he's that good.
I said IMO Hall was the best corner, although hes better then Bailey! I'd take Hall over any other corner right now. His age and his ability make him top flight again IMO.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 02:16 PM
suck something

Translation:

"I got owned."

Fish
07-24-2006, 02:20 PM
suck something

Yeah.... your football knowledge and debating skills are shining bright now......

SBK
07-24-2006, 02:26 PM

This post got the best laugh out of me, in a pretty comical thread. Rep.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah.... your football knowledge and debating skills are shining bright now......

that's right and don't forget it.....

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Translation:

"I got owned."

put the pom-poms down man....

male cheerleaders are embarrassing......

vailpass
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
I said IMO Hall was the best corner, although hes better then Bailey! I'd take Hall over any other corner right now. His age and his ability make him top flight again IMO.

Are you so butt-sore over being owned by Denver for the past decade or more that you are letting it cause you to make retarded football statements?

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Are you so butt-sore over being owned by Denver for the past decade or more that you are letting it cause you to make retarded football statements?

I think you are going to have to show the stats on that statement.

What is the record between these two teams over the last 10 years?

Hammock Parties
07-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Denver has not owned Kansas City in way fashion over the last decade. The series is split almost exactly 50-50.

Mecca
07-24-2006, 02:46 PM

You're the one that should know about sore butts......I mean your team is the one with the lube all over their jerseys.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I think you are going to have to show the stats on that statement.

What is the record between these two teams over the last 10 years?

I beg your pardon, the discussion we were having involved SB s.

Allow me to clarify: butt sore over being owned by Denver in the post-season, both head-to-head and overall record especially SBs, over the last decade.

Sorry I wasn't clear to start with.
Arguments?

vailpass
07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
You're the one that should know about sore butts......I mean your team is the one with the lube all over their jerseys.

Um, uh, salary cap..um, uh, vaseline.....

C'mon dude.

stevieray
07-24-2006, 02:50 PM
I beg your pardon, the discussion we were having involved SB s.

Allow me to clarify: butt sore over being owned by Denver in the post-season, both head-to-head and overall record especially SBs, over the last decade.

Sorry I wasn't clear to start with.
Arguments?

You don't have John Elway anymore. How many playoff wins without him?

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Denver has not owned Kansas City in way fashion over the last decade. The series is split almost exactly 50-50.

During the Vermeil era, we eeked out 3-point wins at Arrowhead while they embarrassed us at Pile High.

That's the very definition of "owned".

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 02:52 PM
put the pom-poms down man....

male cheerleaders are embarrassing......

Translation:

"I've dug myself an intellectual hole so deep, I must resort to calling people girls because I've left my manhood in question."

Hammock Parties
07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
During the Vermeil era, we eeked out 3-point wins at Arrowhead while they embarrassed us at Pile High.

Nope.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Nope.

Looks like you studied debate in the same class with Donk fan there. Nice comeback.

Translation:

"I got nothing."

vailpass
Nope.

Draven why don't you go back to the kid's table and let the big people talk?
Isn't it about time for you to gargle on an Athan salt-shake?

King_Chief_Fan

I seem to remember a 55-10 or something like that Arrowhead, but that would be splitting hairs.

To VAilPuss's point:
Chiefs 12 and Denver 10 during the last 10 years head to head.

The do have the "edge" due to the two tainted SB wins.

that is all

vailpass
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM

Went to the AFCW title game last season, how about you?

vailpass
07-24-2006, 02:58 PM
I seem to remember a 55-10 or something like that Arrowhead, but that would be splitting hairs.

To VAilPuss's point:

that is all

KC has 12 post-season wins to Denver's 10 over the past decade?

I seem to remember a Monday Night Meltdown but that would be speaking ill of the dead.

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 02:58 PM

I would agree, your team went.........did they play? Didn't look it.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
I would agree, your team went.........did they play? Didn't look it.

Your mother drained all of the aggression out of our entire defensive line. We just couldn't get up for the game. She could have at least left our big buck ends out of the train but no, she had to drive the whole damn thing.

Bronco's D vs. Chief's D
07-24-2006 11:37 AM
King_Chief_Fan
ass hat comment dragging someone's mother in

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Your mother drained all of the aggression out of our entire defensive line. We just couldn't get up for the game. She could have at least left our big buck ends out of the train but no, she had to drive the whole damn thing.

Bronco's D vs. Chief's D
King_Chief_Fan

Same tired weak shit I see.

stevieray
07-24-2006, 03:12 PM

So, it's one playoff win without Elway?

Ten years fron now, nobody will care about your AFC Ttile loss.

jspchief
07-24-2006, 03:19 PM
So, it's one playoff win without Elway?

Ten years fron now, nobody will care about your AFC Ttile loss.90s Chiefs Redux

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:19 PM

To VAilPuss's point:

that is all

What planet are you on?

Under Vermeil:

2001 @ Pile High
6-20 Loss
2001 @ Arrowhead
26-23 Win

2002 @ Pile High
24-31 Loss
2002 @ Arrowhead
34-37 Loss

2003 @ Pile High
27-45 Loss
2003 @ Arrowhead
24-23 Win

2004 @ Pile High
24-34 Loss
2004 @ Arrowhead
45-17 Win

2005 @ Pile High
10-30 Loss
2005 @ Arrowhead
31-27 Win

King_Chief_Fan
07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
What planet are you on?

Under Vermeil:

2004 @ Arrowhead
45-17 Win

That is the one I was thinking of. I got it mixed up with the Atlanta butt kicking the Chiefs gave.

I told you it was splitting hairs.

Let it be known that you stepped in and corrected the situation

stevieray
07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
90s Chiefs Redux

Exactly, neither team has the edge.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
90s Chiefs Redux

Does that make the 2000s Chiefs the '80s Chiefs redux?

vailpass
07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Exactly, neither team has the edge.

Whatever makes you feel better about being mired in mediocrity. I respect your ability to put on a good face no matter how bad things are.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:31 PM
That is the one I was thinking of. I got it mixed up with the Atlanta butt kicking the Chiefs gave.

I told you it was splitting hairs.

Let it be known that you stepped in and corrected the situation

It's not splitting hairs at all.

Our record against the Broncos over the last 5 years is something to be ASHAMED OF.

keg in kc
07-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I didn't realize the two units lined up against each other.

[/sarcasm]

stevieray
07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Whatever makes you feel better about being mired in mediocrity. I respect your ability to put on a good face no matter how bad things are.

Deflection by vailpass...picked up by stevieray..he scores!!!!!

(golf clap)

stevieray
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
It's not splitting hairs at all.

Our record against the Broncos over the last 5 years is something to be ASHAMED OF.

we usually split with them. A win is a win.

How many you win by doesn't matter, how many you lose by does.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:42 PM
we usually split with them. A win is a win.

How many you win by doesn't matter, how many you lose by does.

A win isn't a win.

The point of this discussion was the relative strength of each team.

When we eek out a 3-point win at home while they put a 21-point drubbing on us on national TV, it's pretty obvious who the better team is.

And it happens EVERY YEAR.

It's ****ing embarrassing.

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:46 PM
A win isn't a win.

When we eek out a 3-point win at home while they put a 21-point drubbing on us on national TV, it's pretty obvious who the better team is.

Haven't we destroyed them here the last 2-3 years?

Lately we suck royally there and they suck royally at Arrowhead. IMO it's a wash.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Lately we suck royally there and they suck royally at Arrowhead. IMO it's a wash.

We beat them 45-17 in 2004. Other than that, we haven't beat them by more than 4 since Gunther was head coach, and we actually LOST AT HOME to them in 2002.

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:49 PM

OOps.last year we won 31-27...man I thought it was worse than that.

2004 they won 34-24 and we won 45-17

HC_Chief
07-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Why would anyone want to compare KC's D to Dungver's D? KC's D has been gawdawful for half a decade... Dungver's D has been their strength - one of the better defenses in the league. There is no comparison.

Kinda like our O versus their crappy joke of a RBbC, no-talent QB-having "offense"... there's no comparison: ours is the best, theirs sucks. Like their fans. :D

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:52 PM
We beat them 45-17 in 2004. Other than that, we haven't beat them by more than 4 since Gunther was head coach, and we actually LOST AT HOME to them in 2002.

my fault..it was the fact that LJ ran all over them that made me think that.

30 - 140 yds 2 TD's ROFL

vailpass
07-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Man it's nice to be able to spar with you guys over some actual football topics.
No thanks to Htis, Digler, et al for injecting facts and common sense into the discussion :)

Congrats on Law, your D just got better.

Camp is almost here and the season can't be far behind!

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Man it's nice to be able to spar with you guys over some actual football topics.
No thanks to Htis, Digler, et al for injecting facts and common sense into the discussion :)

Yep I can't wait..summer sucks

4 days and counting until training camp..woohoo

Fish
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM

Whatever your opinion of who had the better team the last X years.... I don't think anybody here can deny how much fun our rivalry has gotten. As evidenced by this thread... the games between our teams provide the smack we throw back and forth for over a decade.....

Good times..... damn donks.....

bobbything
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Stat-wise, they seem to be similar. However, give me Denver's defense. They've shown that, for whatever reason, they're better.

I like the direction this defense is headed in KC. I think we have the best CB squad, easily, now in the NFL. That would be hard to argue. However, our D-line is absolutely horrid. Outside of Allen, we have no pass rush from the front 4. None. Zero.

Our LB's are average, and is the only unit that has shown signs of improvement. I think this will be the strength of the defense this season. The Law signing allows for the LB's to blitz more. This will help significantly.

Our safeties are bad. Sorry, no way around it. Knight really isn't that good. He's always been labeled as someone "who's always around the ball." Well, he's still not very good. I really thought he was going to be much better last year. Wesley, IMO, can be a very good safety. He's had "flashes," but overall, he's not really very good (sans that NE game last year).

I think the Law signing will allow for more big plays by the secondary. That extra 1/2 second that our CB's can hold the receivers will allow for more pressure; which means more turnovers/sacks.

I predict KC finishes #15 in defense. But the biggest improvement will be that those long, sustained drives by opposing offenses will decline in 06.

HC_Chief
07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
The KC D now has only ONE glaring weakness: DT. "Flabby tits" Sims, "spit-collar" Siavii, "donuts!" Dalton, and "am I a DE? No, a DT! No, a DE!" Browning = rotation of bums.

vailpass
07-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Whatever your opinion of who had the better team the last X years.... I don't think anybody here can deny how much fun our rivalry has gotten. As evidenced by this thread... the games between our teams provide the smack we throw back and forth for over a decade.....

Good times..... damn Chiefs.....

:evil: Yep.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 04:43 PM

more than kansas city...

boy you practically lobbed it over the plate for me

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 04:49 PM

Good times..... damn donks.....

can't disagree with you there....good take :thumb:

dweeb

Hammock Parties
07-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Our LB's are average

ROFL

Do you know how many NFL general managers would KILL for our linebacker talent?

Our safeties are bad. Sorry, no way around it. Knight really isn't that good.

Keep labeling them bad while they keep forcing turnovers. Knight and Wesley are two of the best turnover-forcing safeties in the league, and both of them laid the wood last year. Knight had something like 11 passes defensed and was outstanding in run support all year long. Who knows what Pollard will become.

greg63
07-24-2006, 04:58 PM
can't disagree with you there....good take :thumb:

dweeb

...And as long as you continue to post here I will continue to remind you that your sig is too large.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 05:09 PM
...And as long as you continue to post here I will continue to remind you that your sig is too large.

thanks greg......

vailpass
07-24-2006, 05:10 PM
ROFL

Keep labeling them bad while they keep forcing turnovers. Knight and Wesley are two of the best turnover-forcing safeties in the league, and both of them laid the wood last year. Knight had something like 11 passes defensed and was outstanding in run support all year long. Who knows what Pollard will become.

No, how many?

For who? Mitchell? He might start on SOME other defenses (non-top 10).
DJ? Potential coming off of an average rookie year, certainly nothing to replace a solid veteran at this point.
Bell?
Bell?

KC's LB corps has some potential at a couple of spots and should be much improved over two years ago. To think that translates into other NFL GMs wanting to "KILL" for the KC LBs shows an astounding lack of knowledge.
Let Herm's first season unfold before you go diving for the **** button.
You've waited 30-something years to get a piece of ass, you can wait a couple months to see how KC's D turns out no problem.

greg63
07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
thanks greg......

No problem. :D

MGRS13
07-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Butt sore? I'm not a member of your life style choice so I am not 100% sure what that means(not that I'm judging you and your boyfriend). But yea If I was a GM right now and had to pick between paying Hall or Bailey it wouldn't even be close Hall is younger and has an all around better upside.
Now "retarded football statments sound more like blah blah blah Jake Plummer blah blah blah champ"property of Eddie Kennison" blah blah blah....You donk fans are such homers its just silly to try and have a conversation with you.

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Butt sore? I'm not a member of your life style choice so I am not 100% sure what that means(not that I'm judging you and your boyfriend). But yea If I was a GM right now and had to pick between paying Hall or Bailey it wouldn't even be close Hall is younger and has an all around better upside.
Now "retarded football statments sound more like blah blah blah Jake Plummer blah blah blah champ"property of Eddie Kennison" blah blah blah....You donk fans are such homers its just silly to try and have a conversation with you.

we're no more homeristic than you are....

i'm reading posts bragging about how great your defense is and how you guys are super bowl bound and all that....

i think we should all make a pact to just refrain from calling eachother homers.....

at this point it's just redundant

SPchief
07-24-2006, 06:11 PM
we're no more homeristic than you are....

He called himself a homo

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 06:13 PM
He called himself a homo

oh you like boys?

okay...my bad

SPchief
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
oh you like boys?

okay...my bad

Not really. So how do you like it when TJ rams you in the butt?

gcbroncos
07-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Not really. So how do you like it when TJ rams you in the butt?

easy there rump ranger.....

Bowser
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Here we have a fine example of the phenomenon of thread deterioration.

SBK
07-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Everyone else = Tank
GC Broncos = Dixie Cup

Who you think is gonna win?

beer bacon
07-24-2006, 09:24 PM

The funny thing is that when we went 7-9 we somehow managed to stomp them 45-17.

Chief Faithful
07-24-2006, 09:36 PM
For who? Mitchell? He might start on SOME other defenses (non-top 10).

Coming from you that is extremely high praise. That is more credit than you've given any Chiefs defensive player.

I'm also very pleased with his development and see him solidifying the position for the next decade.

DJ? Potential coming off of an average rookie year, certainly nothing to replace a solid veteran at this point.

Now you are just being silly. He had an outstanding rookie year. His rookie season he outplayed both Ian Gold and DJWilliams.

Bell?

You make a good point with Bell. This year will tell if he is worth his salt.

bobbything
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by GoChiefs

I could probably name about 10-12 other LB corps that I'd rather have. In my estimation, our LB unit is average. Not bad, not great, but good. And, as I mentioned, has shown improvement over the last 2 years.

You keep apologizing for our safeties all you want. They're awful. Knight, while "always around the ball" and can tackle, is slow. Wesley, while fast and a hard hitter, can't tackle. They may produce turnovers (keep in mind, Wesley had about 89 INT's in just the NE game alone), but one can't tackle and the other can't run.

I'd venture to say that our safeties are below average. As a secondary unit, ours is above average (now with the Law signing), but last year they were terrible. No way around it. Can't really spin it otherwise.

So, the turnovers are nice, but I'd prefer more 3 and outs.

Mecca
07-24-2006, 09:57 PM
I could probably name about 10-12 other LB corps that I'd rather have. In my estimation, our LB unit is average. Not bad, not great, but good. And, as I mentioned, has shown improvement over the last 2 years.

You keep apologizing for our safeties all you want. They're awful. Knight, while "always around the ball" and can tackle, is slow. Wesley, while fast and a hard hitter, can't tackle. They may produce turnovers (keep in mind, Wesley had about 89 INT's in just the NE game alone), but one can't tackle and the other can't run.

I'd venture to say that our safeties are below average. As a secondary unit, ours is above average (now with the Law signing), but last year they were terrible. No way around it. Can't really spin it otherwise.

So, the turnovers are nice, but I'd prefer more 3 and outs.

I could say the same thing for Denvers secondary because Lynch is basically the same thing Knight is....smart but slow as hell. Nick Ferguson is far from a good FS also........

Lzen
07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Why would anyone want to compare KC's D to Dungver's D? KC's D has been gawdawful for half a decade... Dungver's D has been their strength - one of the better defenses in the league. There is no comparison.

Kinda like our O versus their crappy joke of a RBbC, no-talent QB-having "offense"... there's no comparison: ours is the best, theirs sucks. Like their fans. :D

Oh, I have NO doubt that Denver's overall "D" is much better than KC's over the last few years. Someone brought up last year's pass defense comparison between the 2 teams. Look at the numbers. Denver's pass defense wasn't that good last year.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh, I have to doubt that Denver's overall "D" is much better than KC's over the last few years. Someone brought up last year's pass defense comparison between the 2 teams. Look at the numbers. Denver's pass defense wasn't that good last year.

let's not start with this again.....

passing yds alone can't depict how good a secondary is....

green bay ranked no.1 in pass defense.....does that mean they are the best at defending the pass?....i think not....

cincy had one of the best secondaries in football last season....yet they ranked only 26th.....

too many factors involved...

if you look at some of the highest ranked pass defending teams you'll see they sucked last year (cleveland, jets, saints, packers, etc)

they key to winning is stopping the run.....not the pass....

Lzen
07-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh, I have NO doubt that Denver's overall "D" is much better than KC's over the last few years. Someone brought up last year's pass defense comparison between the 2 teams. Look at the numbers. Denver's pass defense wasn't that good last year.

Edited: changed "to" to "no" - stupid typo

Lzen
07-25-2006, 08:27 AM
let's not start with this again.....

passing yds alone can't depict how good a secondary is....

green bay ranked no.1 in pass defense.....does that mean they are the best at defending the pass?....i think not....

cincy had one of the best secondaries in football last season....yet they ranked only 26th.....

too many factors involved...

if you look at some of the highest ranked pass defending teams you'll see they sucked last year (cleveland, jets, saints, packers, etc)

they key to winning is stopping the run.....not the pass....

Read my last post. I mis-typed the last one. I know Denver's overall defense was much better than KC's. I'm not blind.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Read my last post. I mis-typed the last one. I know Denver's overall defense was much better than KC's. I'm not blind.

i gotcha....

boy that one letter mis-type changed the whole statement..

although i still disagree that our pass defense was poor last season....

we played with leads so we didn't concern ourselves with passing yds.....we concerned ourselves with points allowed....

stevieray
07-25-2006, 08:34 AM
A win isn't a win.

a win isn't a win....? uh, ok.

so, in essence, when they beat us, they are bad ass, but when they lose at Miami, their relative strength drops for a week?

Style points...?

ROFL

stevieray
07-25-2006, 08:39 AM
more than kansas city...

boy you practically lobbed it over the plate for me

I'm surprised your pompoms didn't get in the way.

one. wow. and, as usual, you needed help from the refs.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised your pompoms didn't get in the way.

one. wow. and, as usual, you needed help from the refs.

huh?

htismaqe
07-25-2006, 09:03 AM
a win isn't a win....? uh, ok.

so, in essence, when they beat us, they are bad ass, but when they lose at Miami, their relative strength drops for a week?

Style points...?

ROFL

What the hell does losing at Miami have to do with anything? I'm talking about the CHIEFS and the BRONCOS.

It has nothing to do with style points. I don't care HOW the beat us. But suggesting that margin of victory is not an indicator into the relative strength of a team is laughable Stevie.

If I were talking about a solitary game, it would be different. But I'm NOT. I'm talking about being utterly dominated by the Broncos, on national TV, year after year.

Because this Chiefs team is SOFT. Hopefully, Herm will change that.

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2006, 10:39 AM

Another thing that really hurt Lynch was all those extra games after the regular season.

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2006, 10:41 AM

Hall and Jimmy Williams...both great Hokie corners will probably be the best tandem ever in the league if Jimmy meets his potential

petegz28
07-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I think Denver's D has more attitude and are more agressive at every position. That is a mentality that hopefully Gun will have pasted into soe of our players this year. Mitchell improved last year....this year is Sims and Bell.

If those 2 can produce this year we should have a bad ass defense really.

ChiefFripp
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Atleast The Chiefs have 2 bye weeks in a row after the donkey game to get ready for The Cradinals, who I think will be greatly improved this season.

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Another thing that really hurt Lynch was all those extra games after the regular season.

you mean 1 game...... your team forgot to show up on the last one.

MGRS13
07-25-2006, 12:33 PM
they didn't forget to show up they just remembered to bring the real Jake the fake with them.

Garcia Bronco
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM

I was at the AFCCG game that the Broncos played in at Mile High and Lynch was on the field. As well as all the other players.

Inspector
07-25-2006, 12:42 PM

Wha....????

Is this redrum?

Bronco's D vs. Chief's D
King_Chief_Fan

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
I was at the AFCCG game that the Broncos played in at Mile High and Lynch was on the field. As well as all the other players.

I see........well, at least you were there

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2006, 12:46 PM
It was just a note from Vail PUss whose best comeback is about your mother.

Vail Puss has penis breath that is constantly stinking up the board.

He could use a tik tak

vailpass
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Inspector,

KCFan sent me a neg rep for dropping a mom joke on another poster. Because KCF showed such great sensitivity to mother smack I included his neg rep statement at the bottom of a post that was insulting KCFan's mother.

The subtlety of the whole thing apparently flew over his head; much like the spelling lessons he missed as a kid.

oompa lumpa
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
This post is incorrect. I used the NFL.com site's game-by-game stats and, comparing simply who played with leads and/or what opponents threw a significantly larger amount of passes than runs, and discovered that the 2 teams were pretty even in this regard. Denver edged KC by one game, 12-11.

Den KC
Week 1 0 1
Week 2 0 1
Week 3 1 0
Week 4 1 1
Week 5 1 bye
Week 6 1 0
Week 7 1 1
Week 8 1 1*
Week 9 bye 1**
Week 10 1 0
Week 11 1 1
Week 12 1*** 1
Week 13 0 0
Week 14 1 1
Week 15 1 0
Week 16 1 1
Week 17 0 1

as many as their rushes.

** Even though this game was close throughout, Oak threw 40 passes to only 25 rushes.

*** Even though this game was close, Dal threw 44 passes and rushed 29 times.

Ok, in week 17 the Broncos were up 14 to 7 after the first quarter and ended up beating San Diego 23 to 7 so your stats are garbage. Also, I remember Miami throwing somewhere around 40 times on us so good job picking and choosing your exceptions.

Defensive rankings judging by YPG given up

2005 Den - 15 KC - 25 (still ranked 3rd in points allowed)
2004 Den - 4 KC - 31
2003 Den - 4 KC - 29
2002 Den - 6 KC - 32

Your defense is a big joke to the league and the fact that you dare compare them to Denver's disgusts me. And some people said KC's LB's are as good as Denver's..LMMFAO

This thread should be burned

Rooster
07-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Your defense is a big joke to the league and the fact that you dare compare them to Denver's disgusts me. And some people said KC's LB's are as good as Denver's..LMMFAO

Oh we dare!! nlm

Fish
07-26-2006, 02:51 PM

HAHA..... what a tard.....

ChiefFripp
07-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Stupid Denver fans...

vailpass
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Stupid Denver fans...

Well, he does make one good point:

And some people said KC's LB's are as good as Denver's..LMMFAO

stevieray
07-26-2006, 03:31 PM

Like Larry Johnson does to your linebackers.

Hound333
07-26-2006, 03:41 PM
We just need to be concerned with winning in Denver. Winning in KC is taken care of by me buying tickets for myself and my dad again this year like I have for every year of the winning streak in KC. (He grew up in Denver and has not had a good trip back to Topeka in a while lol)

oompa lumpa
07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Like Larry Johnson does to your linebackers.

Jamal Lewis rushed for over 2grand and isn't even considered a top 5 back right now. I think LJ is a good RB, but half a season is no reason to be slobbering all over him like people have been. Especially with an aging great offensive line.

Mecca
07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
Jamal Lewis rushed for over 2grand and isn't even considered a top 5 back right now. I think LJ is a good RB, but half a season is no reason to be slobbering all over him like people have been. Especially with an aging great offensive line.

Like Ron Dayne is going to put up 1400 yards too........Or like Darrent Williams is better than Ty Law. Those are just a few of the gems that get posted on the Mane.....

oompa lumpa
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Like Ron Dayne is going to put up 1400 yards too........Or like Darrent Williams is better than Ty Law. Those are just a few of the gems that get posted on the Mane.....

No logical Denver fan would say Dwill is better then Law so I'm sorry but I don't buy that. If Dayne starts I think it's basically been proven from the last 5 or so years he will surpass 1000 yards. I don't see 1400 unless Dayne becomes a full time starter which probably wont happen. Remember, Bell and Anderson just missed 2000 yards together even though Bell was injured for atleast 2 games last season.

Mecca
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
No logical Denver fan would say Dwill is better then Law so I'm sorry but I don't buy that. If Dayne starts I think it's basically been proven from the last 5 or so years he will surpass 1000 yards. I don't see 1400 unless Dayne becomes a full time starter which probably wont happen. Remember, Bell and Anderson just missed 2000 yards together even though Bell was injured for atleast 2 games last season.

You don't buy that someone posted that? If you don't I can go get it and show it to you........

SPchief

Go to Orangemane.com and look at the Law signing thread. There are plenty of illogical Denver fans who think that Dwill is beter than law. It quite humorus actually. Gochiefs is handing their asses to them in that thread.

stevieray
Especially with an aging great offensive line.

you can only hope, considering we've heard that for two years.

Slobbering? If he was an Invesco, I'm sure you be singing a different tune.

vailpass
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM

Dayne won't start for Denver, Bell will. Law will be an immediate upgrade to KC's CB position even if his age (32 begins the downward slide for a cover corner) makes him not quite what he used to be.

vailpass
07-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Go to Orangemane.com and look at the Law signing thread. There are plenty of illogical Denver fans who think that Dwill is beter than law. It quite humorus actually. Gochiefs is handing their asses to them in that thread.

Jesus Christ man how can you even appear to be a GoatCheese fan? Draven is the biggest embarassment on this board or any other. The kid has been banned from multiple boards, including this one multiple times.

SPchief
07-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Jesus Christ man how can you even appear to be a GoatCheese fan? Draven is the biggest embarassment on this board or any other. The kid has been banned from multiple boards, including this one multiple times.

Gochiefs is a much better poster than he was a few years ago. Other than the constant slobering on Athans schlong he usually brings solid information to a fight with broncos fans.

Rausch
07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Gochiefs is a much better poster than he was a few years ago. Other than the constant slobering on Athans schlong he usually brings solid information to a fight with broncos fans.

Whatever...

chiefpower
07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Actually, I think the Chiefs D will fare better than Denvers, They cant stop Larry, we dont have ta worry about Clinton Portis, and Denver fans always say how bad the signing of Ty Law was, and his age waz a factor, but many are 4getting that they signed John Lynch at an old age. RIGHT? No-one denvers Offense worries me, except for that BS Bootleg.

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Dayne won't start for Denver, Bell will. Law will be an immediate upgrade to KC's CB position even if his age (32 begins the downward slide for a cover corner) makes him not quite what he used to be.

I see you artfully dodged the part about Darrent Williams being better than Law.

Is that because you too know that it's utterly stupid, but you don't want to appear to hate on your own team's fans?