PDA

View Full Version : whats up with 810? 810vs610

13and3
07-24-2006, 03:11 PM
This morning when i heard at work we signed law i couldn't wait to get in the car and turn on the local sports stations and hear everyones take on the big signing. 610 talks football, especially chiefs football every chance they get, it can get somewhat boring at times. So i occasionally switch to 810 becuase when they do talk chiefs they have interesting and refreshing takes but mostly all they ever do all talk royals, royals and more royals. Dont they understand this is a football town? I understand they have a braodcast contract with the royals, but i am sorry to say baseball is a pastime, and by that i mean it is past it's time, and football is now Americas favorite sport. Baseball is ok, but now matter how much we try to hold on to american pie, it belongs in the bayboomers era, not here with generation x... people just let it go!!!

the Talking Can
07-24-2006, 03:12 PM
they broadcast the Royals, they're losing money, they're trying to sell their product....

13and3
07-24-2006, 03:14 PM
they broadcast the Royals, they're losing money, they're trying to sell their product....
BAD DEAL

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:34 PM
I've gone back to listening to Mancow in the mornings because 610 isn't coming in and 810 just sucks...

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I've gone back to listening to Mancow in the mornings because 610 isn't coming in and 810 just sucks...

Didn't Mancow get fired?

keg in kc
07-24-2006, 03:36 PM
The difference is that the talent on 610 talks about sports. Whereas the guys on 810 talk about themselves.

Petro is the only thing worth listening to on WHB.

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:37 PM
The difference is that the talent on 610 talks about sports. Whereas the guys on 810 talk about themselves.

I agree. I hardly ever listen to sports talk anymore.

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Didn't Mancow get fired?

His contract wasn't renewed with Q101 in Chicago. Fortunately for him, he owns the syndication rights to his show, so he's currently driving around the country in a mobile unit, beaming the show to his affiliates.

13and3
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM

i agree, most of the time i listen to the border patrol, or inside the lines it seems like they are always talking about their weekend or vacation, or fishing, or some inside joke, most of the time they are not even funny, just a bunch of dry humor. They should change their name to "small talk radio 810".

htismaqe
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Afternoon sports talk here took a huge step back. Deace decided to completely forsake sports talk for a political/religious talk show on the blowtorch, leaving KXNO to ONCE AGAIN hire retreads Marty and Miller. They're AWFUL.

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
His contract wasn't renewed with Q101 in Chicago. Fortunately for him, he owns the syndication rights to his show, so he's currently driving around the country in a mobile unit, beaming the show to his affiliates.

Ahhh..thanks

BigRedChief
07-24-2006, 04:01 PM

What he said. At least on 610 I get to hear Chiefs football talk

redbrian
07-24-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll listen to 610 in the morning until I hear the drum beat, and then I’ll change it as fast as I can (cannot stand Rhome, the guy is an utter boar), After Rhome’s show is over I’ll switch back to 610.

13and3
07-24-2006, 04:14 PM
What he said. At least on 610 I get to hear Chiefs football talk
amen brother!!

keg in kc
07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Rome is awful. I hate that show. Thank god WHB put Petro on then.

KcMizzou
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Rome is awful. I hate that show. Thank god WHB put Petro on then.Petro's the best of the bunch by far, IMO. I rarely listen to any other show any more. The only thing I don't really like on Petro's show, is the trivia stuff on Fridays.

Keitzman seems to pretend that the Chiefs don't exist. It's all Royals, Golf, stadium issues, and BBQ.

13and3
07-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Petro's the best of the bunch by far, IMO. I rarely listen to any other show any more. The only thing I don't really like on Petro's show, is the trivia stuff on Fridays.

Keitzman seems to pretend that the Chiefs don't exist. It's all Royals, Golf, stadium issues, and BBQ.

Any idea why 810 tries to ignore cheifs as much as posssible?

KcMizzou
07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Any idea why 810 tries to ignore chiefs as much as posssible?Keitzman and Peterson have had a running feud for years. I can't recall all the details, but it all seemed pretty stupid and petty. (On both sides)

13and3
07-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Keitzman and Peterson have had a running feud for years. I can't recall all the details, but it all seemed pretty stupid and petty. (On both sides)

explains alot.

dave0320
07-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Monte Hall on 610 sucks big time. 810 in the same time slot is just OK. Cruch Time is passable, but Petro is by far the best in Kansas City. Keitzman can get carried away at times, but is far better than Neil Jones any time.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Personally I don't know how anyone can listen to anything on 610. None of their hosts ever have a clue to what they are talking about and will sway their opinion and thoughts based on what the popular views are. At least Keitzman and Co. will always stick their guns, even if I don't agree with them; I will always respect someone for standing up to for what they believe.

Plus I can't risk 610 slipping a Rhonda Moss appearance in without notice. That is just a risk I am not willing to take!

DomerNKC
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Petro's the best of the bunch by far, IMO. I rarely listen to any other show any more. The only thing I don't really like on Petro's show, is the trivia stuff on Fridays.

Keitzman seems to pretend that the Chiefs don't exist. It's all Royals, Golf, stadium issues, and BBQ.you fogot that keitzmans formula is k-state, k-state, k-state, royals, golf, racin, k-state, racin, royals, k-state, etc. i was an original 1510 guy, but as keitzmans head got bigger(then polished by an intern), it went downhill fast. BTW, Rome rules all, out.

suds79
07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
both stations p!ss me off.

610 at least gets it that it's Chiefs football as to what drives this town but they're stuck in the past with not providing internet broadcast so I never hear them.

And 810. Outside of Soren Petro, 810 is just painful to listen to during the off season. And I mean painful. If I have to listen to the Royals (a useless topic) one more time mixed in with the occasional golf or fishing/outdoors segment, I'm going to puke. I simply can't do it to myself anymore and I just don't listen to them.

Bowser
07-24-2006, 06:41 PM
As has been well documented around here, Keitzman and Co. are tools. How anyone can listen to his tripe over what 610 puts out is beyond me. And I say that knowing full well just how boring Neil and Marty can be.

wutamess
07-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Actually... around lunchtime, Dr. Laura is the best damn radio entertainment.

I'll eventually turn to sports radiowhen football/TC season come around but sports radio is just horrendous at the moment.

Even DA can't pull anything out of his ass (to entertain me) as he usually does.

Flame away with the pull out of ass comment.

Bowser
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually... around lunchtime, Dr. Laura is the best damn radio entertainment.

I'll eventually turn to sports radiowhen football/TC season come around but sports radio is just horrendous at the moment.

Even DA can't pull anything out of his ass (to entertain me) as he usually does.

Flame away with the pull out of ass comment.

Listening to Dr. Laura is like watching Springer - pretty entertaining the first couple of times, then it's just the same old shit time after time.

ChiefsCountry
07-24-2006, 07:18 PM
No offense but KC sports radio is a thousand times better than Springfield. Try tuning into the sports talk show when some idiot calls in wanting to talk about some junior varsity football team or something stupid like that.

wazu
07-24-2006, 07:48 PM
610's D.A. show rules all. (But he needs to stop talking about his stupid caller Hall of Fame.)