PDA

View Full Version : You me and Dupree

jidar
07-24-2006, 06:00 PM
I'd review this movie but I haven't seen it all the way through.

Honestly, I just tried to watch it. I should have known better, but I thought maybe Owen Wilson is worth watching even in a romantic comedy. Besides, it scores wife points if I can make it all the way through it.

Well, no points tonight, she's finishing it by herself.

I'm 15 minutes into the movie and the main character and all of his friends have already been completely emasculated. They have "curfews", they get in trouble for hanging with the guys at the bar, or having a group of buds over to watch football. What the ****?!
And the thing that grates about it is that it's not even the delima they are trying to solve, it's just the way things are. The writer seems to take for granted that the audience will agree with his ****ed up interrepation of a modern marraige being completely matriarchialy dominated. Give me a ****ing break.
Not all modern men are ****ing pussy whipped little bitches.

Seriously, who the **** writes this shit? I don't know but I can narrow it down: It was either a: a woman, or b: a faggot.

KCChiefsMan
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I dunno, I've seen some of my friends get completely whipped before.

jidar
07-24-2006, 06:06 PM

***No bypassing the language filters.

Tribal Warfare
07-24-2006, 06:19 PM
try the Luke Wilson Movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend

jlscorpio
07-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Marcus Dupree?

badgirl
07-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I want to go see this movie

Spicy McHaggis
07-24-2006, 10:43 PM

It's your job as a male to free them from their relationship prison. I suggest kegs and co-eds.

KcMizzou
07-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Marcus Dupree?Jermaine?

Sully
07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Sometimes you see a trailer for a movie, and it looks crappy, but you end up pleasantly suprised. I'll admit taht I thought, based off the trailers, that "Training Day," "Dogeball," and "Super Troopers" were gonna be crap. They are now some of my favorites. However, that is rare. I doubt I'll ever even see this one on cable. I like the Wilson phenomenon, as I think their movie choices have been pretty decent. But I think they are going through that latter-Ben Stiller thing where they are riding their fame for a few big paydays, and not giving a damn about the actual worth of the movie.

Halfcan
07-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Looks very gay!

Demonpenz
07-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Jermaine?

jesse james depree?

01-26-2007, 04:35 AM
This movie was hilarious. I will tell you what drove me nuts though....

CARL PETERSON!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Chief Pote
01-26-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm tellin my wife on you guys.

cadmonkey
01-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Maybe one of the worst movies ever made........

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 07:40 AM
I ended up watching it for free on the net. It has a few laughs.

stevieray
01-26-2007, 08:48 AM
The majority of shows and tv ads have been emasculating and dogging men for awhile..you just now noticed?

well, except African American men.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2007, 08:50 AM
The majority of shows and tv ads have been emasculating and dogging men for awhile..you just now noticed?

well, except African American men.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At the last part.

eazyb81
01-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Damn, you guys are tough critics. I thought the movie was really funny, but I am an Owen Wilson fan.

stevieray
01-26-2007, 08:53 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At the last part.

other than the wire...show me any show that portrays an African American man in a negative light..even a commericail where he's the doofus...or the butt of the joke...

Chief Chief
01-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Ashton Dupree?

CrazyHorse
01-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I'd review this movie but I haven't seen it all the way through.

Honestly, I just tried to watch it. I should have known better, but I thought maybe Owen Wilson is worth watching even in a romantic comedy. Besides, it scores wife points if I can make it all the way through it.

Well, no points tonight, she's finishing it by herself.

I'm 15 minutes into the movie and the main character and all of his friends have already been completely emasculated. They have "curfews", they get in trouble for hanging with the guys at the bar, or having a group of buds over to watch football. What the ****?!
And the thing that grates about it is that it's not even the delima they are trying to solve, it's just the way things are. The writer seems to take for granted that the audience will agree with his ****ed up interrepation of a modern marraige being completely matriarchialy dominated. Give me a ****ing break.
Not all modern men are ****ing pussy whipped little bitches.

Seriously, who the **** writes this shit? I don't know but I can narrow it down: It was either a: a woman, or b: a pillowbiter.

I wasn't intimidated by it in the least.

Jenson71
01-26-2007, 09:05 AM
other than the wire...show me any show that portrays an African American man in a negative light..even a commericail where he's the doofus...or the butt of the joke...

Carl, the big policeman on Family Matters.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Negative light? Who was talking about a negative light?

Bernie Mac was an example of what you were talking about. Or the father of the handicapped child on Malcolm in the Middle. I don't watch much television, but those 2 shows that I watched on occasion are good examples of emasculated men.

stevieray
01-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Negative light? Who was talking about a negative light?

Bernie Mac was an example of what you were talking about. Or the father of the handicapped child on Malcolm in the Middle. I don't watch much television, but those 2 shows that I watched on occasion are good examples of emasculated men.

you consider being emasculated positive?

thanks for the info..I've always liked Carl Winslow since he starred in the die-hard movies..

Jenson71
01-26-2007, 09:21 AM
you consider being emasculated positive?

thanks for the info..I've always liked Carl Winslow since he starred in the die-hard movies..

"Caahhrrll, what do you think you doing?"

http://www.kellie.de/pics/fm3/harriette.jpg

She was a tough ol broad.

Jenson71
01-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh, Wes Anderson is filming his newest movie in India. With Owen, Jason Schwartzman, and Adrien Brody. It's called The Darjeeling Limited.

Plot Outline: The death of their father sends three brothers on a journey through India.

kc rush
01-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh, Wes Anderson is filming his newest movie in India. With Owen, Jason Schwartzman, and Adrien Brody. It's called The Darjeeling Limited.

Plot Outline: The death of their father sends three brothers on a journey through India.

Cool. When will that be out? Wilson and Anderson work well together.

Jenson71
01-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Cool. When will that be out? Wilson and Anderson work well together.

I've heard later part of this year. But you know how that goes. At this point in time, the filming stage, it could be mid 2008.

memyselfI
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Horrible and disappointing movie with three actors I love. I'm a big Owen Wilson fan and I could barely finish the movie. :banghead:

It was his awesome Zoolander role in a really bad movie.

plbrdude
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
just the name of the movie makes me want to NOT watch it.

ChiefaRoo
01-26-2007, 05:02 PM
It sucked Skips goats baows.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-26-2007, 07:10 PM
That movie was f*cking horrendous.

RedandGold
01-26-2007, 07:59 PM

...and that's putting it nicely

stevieray
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
...and that's putting it nicely

ya, but anything else would've required a straight jacket..

Halfcan
01-26-2007, 11:21 PM

It had some funny parts, the skateboarding ramp, the butter fire that fugged up their couch. Kate Hudson is hot!