PDA

View Full Version : It's Official now, Law is a Chief

Chieftain58
07-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Law passes physical, signs with Kansas City

NFL.com wire reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 24, 2006) -- Cornerback Ty Law passed his physical and officially signed a five-year contract with Kansas City, adding an established star to a defense that could be on the rise.

Law then rushed out in search of a house, requiring the Chiefs to reschedule a news conference with the five-time Pro Bowler for July 25.

"We are very pleased to have Ty with us," Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson told The Associated Press. "I just talked with our doctors. He's fine. He came in at 208 pounds. He's been working out and it shows. He's ready to go."

The Chiefs brought in Law twice last year when he was a free agent, but were concerned about his injured foot. But he signed with the New York Jets and, coached by Herman Edwards, led the NFL with 10 interceptions.

Now he'll be reunited with Edwards, who left the Jets at the end of the season and replaced the retired Dick Vermeil in Kansas City.

A five-time Pro Bowler who played on New England's Super Bowl champions, Law is the most decorated player the Chiefs have acquired since the early '90s, when they brought in Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Even Peterson was surprised at the reaction when word got out that he and Law had agreed on contract terms.

"I am taken aback at how this has been received by Chiefs fans all around the country," Peterson said. "In the first 15 minutes, our Web site had 50,000 hits. Our server could hardly handle it."

Law, 32, will team with another former Pro Bowler, Patrick Surtain, to form what could be a formidable defensive secondary.

"It was one of the longest negotiations I've been involved in," Peterson said. "His agent called us right after he was released from the Jets and said, 'You need to have Ty Law.' I said we sure had an interest. But when he threw up those first numbers, I said we were not that interested. It had to work for us for our (salary) cap and cash. And after five or six months, we finally came to agreement."

The Chiefs open training camp in River Falls, Wisc., on July 28.

The Patriots also showed interest in Law.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow, 208. He's going to pack a punch.

R&GHomer
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Wahooooo! and Look... R&G is giddy all over again.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Law passes physical, signs with Kansas City

NFL.com wire reports

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (July 24, 2006) -- Cornerback Ty Law passed his physical and officially signed a five-year contract with Kansas City, adding an established star to a defense that could be on the rise.

Law then rushed out in search of a house, requiring the Chiefs to reschedule a news conference with the five-time Pro Bowler for July 25.

"We are very pleased to have Ty with us," Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson told The Associated Press. "I just talked with our doctors. He's fine. He came in at 208 pounds. He's been working out and it shows. He's ready to go."

The Chiefs brought in Law twice last year when he was a free agent, but were concerned about his injured foot. But he signed with the New York Jets and, coached by Herman Edwards, led the NFL with 10 interceptions.

Now he'll be reunited with Edwards, who left the Jets at the end of the season and replaced the retired Dick Vermeil in Kansas City.

A five-time Pro Bowler who played on New England's Super Bowl champions, Law is the most decorated player the Chiefs have acquired since the early '90s, when they brought in Joe Montana and Marcus Allen. Even Peterson was surprised at the reaction when word got out that he and Law had agreed on contract terms.

"I am taken aback at how this has been received by Chiefs fans all around the country," Peterson said. "In the first 15 minutes, our Web site had 50,000 hits. Our server could hardly handle it."

Law, 32, will team with another former Pro Bowler, Patrick Surtain, to form what could be a formidable defensive secondary.

"It was one of the longest negotiations I've been involved in," Peterson said. "His agent called us right after he was released from the Jets and said, 'You need to have Ty Law.' I said we sure had an interest. But when he threw up those first numbers, I said we were not that interested. It had to work for us for our (salary) cap and cash. And after five or six months, we finally came to agreement."

The Chiefs open training camp in River Falls, Wisc., on July 28.

The Patriots also showed interest in Law.

There's a goal to shoot for morph.

4th and Long
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow, 208. He's going to pack a punch.
King Carl said he was 220lbs when he was here last year.

arrowheadnation
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Jesus.....he really is oblivious when it comes to the fans' opinion. What a tard. Surely he isn't that naive?

CoMoChief
07-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Jesus.....he really is oblivious when it comes to the fans' opinion. What a tard. Surely he isn't that naive?

Well it's true. I remember when I first read it on here that Ty Law was a Chief I wanted to make sure that someone wasnt just ****ing around so I tried to check kcchiefs.com and I couldnt get on because the server was loaded with hits, therefore many people around the state and country heard about the news and checked the site, I had to go to KCStar website to get the info that he agreed to terms with KC, and even that site was slow because so many hits were on it at the time.

Mr. Laz
07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
who is the "Law guy" you refer to?

new security for Arrowhead?

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:22 PM
King Carl said he was 220lbs when he was here last year.

He really needs the size in a league with the huge wideouts, Moss, Buress, etc in the league.

4th and Long
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
He really needs the size in a league with the huge wideouts, Moss, Buress, etc in the league.
King Carl was pleased that he shed the extra pounds.

ZootedGranny
07-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Law must've been busting his ass working out, because just a few weeks back he was front row at the Hopkins/Tarver fight, and he looked like he had been hanging with Sims.

dirk digler
07-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Well it's true. I remember when I first read it on here that Ty Law was a Chief I wanted to make sure that someone wasnt just ****ing around so I tried to check kcchiefs.com and I couldnt get on because the server was loaded with hits, therefore many people around the state and country heard about the news and checked the site, I had to go to KCStar website to get the info that he agreed to terms with KC, and even that site was slow because so many hits were on it at the time.

Heck the website is still not up. I think they took it down

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:26 PM
King Carl was pleased that he shed the extra pounds.
But then again we have fatass Ryan Sims. :hmmm:

Carl's immuned to being pleased with weight loss.

greg63
07-24-2006, 08:30 PM

Is he a good football player??
:rolleyes:

Chieftain58
07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Hey Laz, how's it going....

chiefs4me
07-24-2006, 08:32 PM

no silly, he's the new beer guy!!

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Is he a good football player??
:rolleyes:

What about that Kendral Bell guy from Pitt?

I hope he'll prove to be a good signing. He's huge and he deserves a 7 year 38 million dollar contract.

Marcellus
07-24-2006, 08:40 PM

Walker - Texas Ranger

greg63
07-24-2006, 08:42 PM
What about that Kendral Bell guy from Pitt?

I hope he'll prove to be a good signing. He's huge and he deserves a 7 year 38 million dollar contract.

It won't happen because Rich Scanlon's contract eats up too much of the pie.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
It won't happen because Rich Scanlon's contract eats up too much of the pie.

I heard that guy was the Defensive MVP in Europe. Damn, he's gonna be good. :p

kcfanintitanhell
07-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Heck the website is still not up. I think they took it down

When I tried to log on, and it was down, I just figured with the Law signing that they all had peed themselves over there and short-curcuited the server.

greg63
07-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I heard that guy was the Defensive MVP in Europe. Damn, he's gonna be good. :p
BLASPHEMY!!!

What do ya mean gonna be!!!! :p

hypersensitiveZO6
07-24-2006, 09:29 PM
:insert postwhore laughing smilie:

greg63
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
:insert postwhore laughing smilie:

That would be :LOL: