PDA

View Full Version : Overtime

luv
07-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, just found out tonight that working two hours over each night plus my shift on Saturday are mandatory. I worked a few hours over tonight. I'll end up with 18-20 hours of overtime when this weeke is done. I had plans Saturday that I'll have to cancel, or hopefully just postpone until Sunday, but the paycheck will look good. This week falls on the check I get Friday before going on vacation, too! I may be one tired pup by the end of the week, but oh well.

CosmicPal
07-25-2006, 01:28 AM
That sucks. But, then it could be worse: You wouldn't have a job period.

luv
07-25-2006, 01:33 AM
That sucks. But, then it could be worse: You wouldn't have a job period.
Eh. I'm in supervision. It's not like I work anyway... ROFL JUST KIDDING

KcMizzou
07-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Or, you could be on salary.

luv
07-25-2006, 01:45 AM
My boss is, and she's hating it right now. She was going to comp it off by taking Friday night off, but two of her assistants (me and someone else) have an Excel class that day, so we're only going in to work for the two OT hours (we get paid to take the class that day). There's no way the third assistant could handle the shift on her own. I told her to take one night off before then, but I think Friday sounded a bit more appealing to her.

I get out of class at 4:00, so if I go in and work from 4:30-6:30, then I still have my friday night. :)

Moooo
07-25-2006, 01:51 AM
Well, just found out tonight that working two hours over each night plus my shift on Saturday are mandatory. I worked a few hours over tonight. I'll end up with 18-20 hours of overtime when this weeke is done. <b>I had plans Saturday that I'll have to cancel</b>, or hopefully just postpone until Sunday, but the paycheck will look good. This week falls on the check I get Friday before going on vacation, too! I may be one tired pup by the end of the week, but oh well.

Dangit! Does this mean no hot stripper action at my place Saturday?

Moooo

luv
07-25-2006, 01:54 AM
Dangit! Does this mean no hot stripper action at my place Saturday?

Moooo
Depends, I can take a day of vacation to cover Saturday if the pay is worth it at your place. You'd have to make it worth my while though. I'd be turning eight hours of time and a half pay into regular pay by doing that. Difference in gross pay being $62.05.

greg63
07-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Well, just found out tonight that working two hours over each night plus my shift on Saturday are mandatory. I worked a few hours over tonight. I'll end up with 18-20 hours of overtime when this weeke is done. I had plans Saturday that I'll have to cancel, or hopefully just postpone until Sunday, but the paycheck will look good. This week falls on the check I get Friday before going on vacation, too! I may be one tired pup by the end of the week, but oh well.

Well at least you'll be getting the extra cash just before vacation. Where did you decide to go?

Saulbadguy
07-25-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm salaried when it's convienent, hourly when it's convienent. Gotta put in 40 hours no matter what - but if they need me to come in on the weekend, I get bupkus.

StcChief
07-25-2006, 07:49 AM
The beauty of contracting...get paid for every hour.

luv
07-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Well at least you'll be getting the extra cash just before vacation. Where did you decide to go?
Actually, nowhere.

Predarat
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
The never ending OT quandry-work OT you have money but no time to enjoy it, no OT you have plenty of time but no $ to enjoy it.

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Depends, I can take a day of vacation to cover Saturday if the pay is worth it at your place. You'd have to make it worth my while though. I'd be turning eight hours of time and a half pay into regular pay by doing that. Difference in gross pay being $62.05.
You work awfully cheap

luv
07-25-2006, 11:25 AM
You work awfully cheap
As in my job or stripping? I don't make a whole lot of money, but I am able to survive on my own. So, it's good enough. If I were stripping, I'd be lucky to make $10...lol.

StcChief
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
As in my job or stripping? I don't make a whole lot of money, but I am able to survive on my own. So, it's good enough. If I were stripping, I'd be lucky to make $10...lol.

In any job...never under-estimate your skills/market value....

Never sell your self short.

King_Chief_Fan
07-25-2006, 12:10 PM

Stripping for any of these sicko's is worth more than the approximately $180 you are going to make working with your clothes on.

greg63
07-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Actually, nowhere.

Oh well; the whole idea of taking vacation is to have time to relax. ;)