View Full Version : Harold Reynolds fired by espn

Demonpenz
07-25-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/espn_fires_reynolds_sports_andrew_marchand.htm

:clap: it's about time espn started cleaning out the hacks

banyon
07-25-2006, 10:01 AM
I always liked Harold Reynolds.

He's sure a hell of a lot more insightful than John Kruk. Why didn't they s***can him instead?

jspchief
07-25-2006, 10:01 AM
He must have really f*cked something up.

I'll place my bet on sexual harrassment.

Eleazar
07-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Just what we need, another good baseball mind replaced by some ESPN loser who doesn't know anything but how to say "booyah"

Demonpenz
07-25-2006, 10:04 AM
This gives me hope they will fire michael irvan since they both are the same kind of on the air personality.

jspchief
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
This gives me hope they will fire michael irvan since they both are the same kind of on the air personality.What?

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 10:07 AM
This gives me hope they will fire michael irvan since they both are the same kind of on the air personality.

Why because they're black? Because they absolutely do not talk alike on the air. Now if you want to correlate Michael Irvin with Stephen A Smith, that would be more like it.

DaKCMan AP
07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
They should can Baseball Tonight all together. That show is unbelievably boring.

Lzen
07-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Why because they're black? Because they absolutely do not talk alike on the air. Now if you want to correlate Michael Irvin with Stephen A Smith, that would be more like it.

Hey, at least Stephen A. Smith is somewhat articulate. You can't say that about Michael Irvin.

Molitoth
07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Harold Reynolds was my fav person on espn. I will never watch Baseball tonight again.

Demonpenz
07-25-2006, 10:12 AM

he's just like michael irvin. Wears nice suits when the straight laced karl ravich says something then here comes harold reynolds coming in blibber blabbing about how BIG PAPPI should be MVP. I am tired of turning down my volume just because he is a such a loud mouth. I bet he becomes a used car sales man next. I can see it now. Come on down to renyolds place to get yo self a car. BIG PAPPI will help you buyyy one today.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
They should can Baseball Tonight all together. That show is unbelievably boring.

:clap:

jspchief
07-25-2006, 10:20 AM
he's just like michael irvin. Wears nice suits when the straight laced karl ravich says something then here comes harold reynolds coming in blibber blabbing about how BIG PAPPI should be MVP. I am tired of turning down my volume just because he is a such a loud mouth. I bet he becomes a used car sales man next. I can see it now. Come on down to renyolds place to get yo self a car. BIG PAPPI will help you buyyy one today.WTF? Do you even know who Harold Reynolds is?

banyon
07-25-2006, 10:27 AM
he's just like michael irvin. Wears nice suits when the straight laced karl ravich says something then here comes harold reynolds coming in blibber blabbing about how BIG PAPPI should be MVP. I am tired of turning down my volume just because he is a such a loud mouth. I bet he becomes a used car sales man next. I can see it now. Come on down to renyolds place to get yo self a car. BIG PAPPI will help you buyyy one today.

Harold Reynolds = Literate

Michael Irvin ≠ Literate

Harold Reynolds ≠ Cokehead

Michael Irvin = Cokehead

pretty easy to spot the difference

Megbert
07-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I liked Reynolds too. I can't stand Joe Morgan. Yeah he's in the Hall of Fame blah blah. What I can't stand about his announcing is this. After watching a wonderfully turned double play he'd say something like "Well what the SS should of done is this…" Hey they turned the double play so what if he didn't flip it underhand or what ever. He always has his 20/20 glasses on.

Molitoth
07-25-2006, 10:37 AM

have you ever wached Harold Reynolds? Because you sound like you have no clue what your talking about.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-25-2006, 10:38 AM

Your and idiot.

Eleazar
07-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Stephen A. Smith is somewhat articulate.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You're on a roll today dude.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

chagrin
07-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Why because they're black?

I have two thoughts here:

1) You really must have a chip on your shoulder

2) He meant because they are both dipshits

Frazod
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
He must have accidently mentioned a baseball team other than the Yankees or Red Sox.

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey, at least Stephen A. Smith is somewhat articulate. You can't say that about Michael Irvin.

Stephen A Smith should be hit in the head many many times with a hammer because he's a retard and doesn't know how to shut his mouth. Michael Irvin is the same way, not to mention he's still using drugs despite of being caught oh so many times.

Lzen
07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

You're on a roll today dude.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Don't you mean 'your on a role' ? :D

Seriously, compared to Irvin, Smith is Shakespear. Just my opinion, of course.

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 11:00 AM

Here's my thought when I read his post:

1) No way is Harold Reynolds like Michael Irvin at all. Reynolds makes sense when he talks on the air, Irvin does not.

Mr. Laz
07-25-2006, 11:02 AM
i always thought Reynolds was at least trying to discuss baseball. :shrug:

not even remotely Irvin-like imo

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 11:03 AM
IMO Kruk needs to go back onto the Best Damn Sports Show Period. People like him, Arnold, and Dibble are perfectly suited for that show.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Reynolds was nothing like Irvin.

1. He isn't a crackdealer/drugger/user.

2. He isn't crazy.

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Don't you mean 'your on a role' ? :D

Seriously, compared to Irvin, Smith is Shakespear. Just my opinion, of course.

Wrong. IMO both need to go. Stephen A. Smith is the worst personality ESPN has besides Skip Bayless. At least Skip can write good articles from time to time but anything that comes out of his mouth on the air is beyond retarded.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 11:07 AM

michael irvin and harold reynolds have absolutely nothing in common...

(well except they're both black....)

Lzen
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Wrong. IMO both need to go. Stephen A. Smith is the worst personality ESPN has besides Skip Bayless. At least Skip can write good articles from time to time but anything that comes out of his mouth on the air is beyond retarded.

I guess Smith doesn't really annoy me like he does a lot of other people. Now Bayless. That guy is such a whiney little prick it makes you want to slap the snot out of him.

chagrin
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Skip Bayless seems like the kid who would take any kind of abuse at all just so he could be on the team, in the group or in this case, on the air - I agree, he sucks ass

Sully
07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I interned at a local (now defunct) sports radio station a few years back. One of the on-air guys I worked with had gone to high school with Bayless. Everytime Bayless's name would be brought up, this guy would start going on and on about how, in high school basketball, he never "wanted" the ball. It finally got to the poin tthat the guy I worked with would just start yelling, "He doesn't want the ball! He's a coward!!"
It was funny considering he was throwing a fit about some high school basketball 30 years prior.

tk13
07-25-2006, 11:24 AM
I always liked Harold Reynolds. He's about 100 times better than John Kruk, that's for sure. Great move... now we have to watch a bunch of hacks like Tino Martinez, Jeff Brantley, and Buster Olney. I always thought Ravech, Kruk, Reynolds and Gammons/Phillips was one of their better sports teams. That's too bad.

Thig Lyfe
07-25-2006, 11:29 AM
That sucks. Reynolds was one of the few bearable personalities on BT.

alanm
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
So why was he fired? :shrug:

Pitt Gorilla
07-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Harold was one of the guys that actually knew what he was talking about.

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
So why was he fired? :shrug:

I think it had something to do with the show yesterday in which the topic involved ARod and Reynolds was saying that he needed to be traded and Kruk disagreed and it actually turned into a pretty heated argument. I dont know what happened off camera. Maybe there was a fight or racial slurs or something who knows. I doubt it but you never know.

jspchief
07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I think it had something to do with the show yesterday in which the topic involved ARod and Reynolds was saying that he needed to be traded and Kruk disagreed and it actually turned into a pretty heated argument. I dont know what happened off camera. Maybe there was a fight or racial slurs or something who knows. I doubt it but you never know.Heh. Racial slurs? What, Reynolds called Kruk a cracker?

CoMoChief
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Heh. Racial slurs? What, Reynolds called Kruk a cracker?

Hell I dont know, either do you or anyone here, its just a guess. Anything couldve been said. Any action could have taken place in which we dont know about. All I know is that the argument got pretty heated yesterday on the air and then something very possibly could have went down when the cameras were off.

Pitt Gorilla
07-25-2006, 12:08 PM
He'll be hired immediately by another outlet. ESPN should have canned Kruk.

chagrin
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Heh. Racial slurs? What, Reynolds called Kruk a cracker?

ROFL

Coach
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Shit. :shake: John Kruk and Joe Morgan are the hacks that ESPN should have shitcanned instead.

chubychecker
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM

I disagree. Stephen A. is the most annoying on air personality period. All he does is ramble at the top of his lungs. I usually watch parts of the nba draft. This year it was unbearable due to Smith. It amazes me that he has his own show. I would rather watch the view.

ChiefFan31
07-25-2006, 12:30 PM
I dont/didnt have a problem with Harold Reynolds, but whole-heartedly agree they should shitcan Michael Irvin.

God that guy is annoying. I really dont feel like just being verbally assualted when im trying to relax and watch a football show. Cussing, spitting, jumping around, cutting everyone off.

I mean they just sit there sometimes, while he goes off on his idiotic rants, and just kind of shake their, they're, there heads.

Rooster
07-25-2006, 12:40 PM
I really dont feel like just being verbally assualted when im trying to relax and watch a football show. Cussing, spitting, jumping around, cutting everyone off.

ROFL ROFL

Sometimes Steve Young just gives Irving a "you are the dumbest SOB I have every met" look when he is going on and on.

While we are on the ESPN subject it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shitcanned S. Scott. His lazy eye act has been played to death.

big nasty kcnut
07-25-2006, 12:53 PM
No stuart scott name dropping act is wore out. Me and micheal jordan ate a taco. Also his north carolina lovefest blows too.

Mecca
07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
ROFL ROFL

Sometimes Steve Young just gives Irving a "you are the dumbest SOB I have every met" look when he is going on and on.

While we are on the ESPN subject it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they shitcanned S. Scott. His lazy eye act has been played to death.

Michael Irvin may be one annoying guy but in complete opposite on that show Steve Young is probably the most boring man on planet earth, they have to try to balance it out. I imagine when Young speaks half the people watching turn the station.

As far as baseball goes, Joe Morgans been on that station for 20 years they're never going to fire him. The Baseball Tonight crew regardless of who it is will always just talk about the Yankees and Red Sox so I don't know how in the grand scheme it matters much.

Molitoth
07-25-2006, 01:11 PM
The Baseball Tonight crew regardless of who it is will always just talk about the Yankees and Red Sox so I don't know how in the grand scheme it matters much.

Forget about the best rivalry in sports, talk about the Royals ffs!

chagrin
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Michael Irvin may be one annoying guy but in complete opposite on that show Steve Young is probably the most boring man on planet earth, they have to try to balance it out. I imagine when Young speaks half the people watching turn the station.

I agree, for the past two years he's been touting JAke Plummer as the League MVP, and his week in and week out gig is "they've hidden Jake in the offense and have exopected less from him, this has allowed him to be a great QB"

he's a friggin idiot, f*ck him and his bought ring, Joe Montana kicked his ass with lesser talent, all over the field, I loved that game.

Mecca
07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
That's basically Youngs role, be boring don't say alot. Then when they get to the Broncos profess his love for Shanahan and anything Shanahan related. It's like good god man we know you played for the guy in San Fran but shutup.

banyon
07-25-2006, 01:27 PM
While we are adding to our roster of douches that currently work for ESPN, I'd like to nominate Woody Paige for membership.

Mecca
07-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I'd add Jay Mariotti just for that Around the Horn bullshit but Ozzie Guillen already summed up how I feel about him......

Sure-Oz
07-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I saw something on the royals board saying he was fired for sexual harrasment, not confirmed but i guess he hits on alot of the female's at espn, im sure he hit on erin andrews alot hehe!

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
ROFL ROFL

so let me get this right.....

everyone is most annoyed with Michael Irvin, Stephen A. Smith, Harold Reynolds, & now Stewart Scott....

hmmm they all have something in common but i just can't put my finger on it...

jspchief
07-25-2006, 03:06 PM

everyone is most annoyed with Michael Irvin, Stephen A. Smith, Harold Reynolds, & now Stewart Scott....

hmmm they all have something in common but i just can't put my finger on it...Us crackers only like angry black men if they are in Denzel Washington movies.

vailpass
07-25-2006, 03:08 PM

I see what your are inferring. Let me ask you this: if people are annoyed with the individuals you mentioned due to their performance, not skin color, would you have them not voice their opinions for fear of falsely being labeled racist?

In other words should these people be free from criticism becasue of their skin color?

Frazod
07-25-2006, 03:11 PM

Personally, I liked Reynolds.

Michael Irvin is a f#cking idiot.

Stephen A. Smith is a pompous jackass AND a f#cking idiot.

F#cking idiot and pompous jackass transcend race and color.

I also detest Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige, for much the same reasons, if that makes you feel any better. Last time I checked, they're both just as lily white as I am.

Jenson71
07-25-2006, 03:13 PM

Hey we like James Brown. And the Gumbles.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I see what your are inferring. Let me ask you this: if people are annoyed with the individuals you mentioned due to their performance, not skin color, would you have them not voice their opinions for fear of falsely being labeled racist?

In other words should these people be free from criticism becasue of their skin color?

i hear ya....and TBO i'm not sure that them being black doesn't have anything to do with it.....their skin color may play a part in it...

but i'm not calling anyone here a racist.....

speaking as a black man myself....i actually like having fun with racial stereotypes....i may be wrong for it but i'm just not easily offended by that stuff....

for example...i thought jpschief's reply to my post was hilarious...

i was just pokin fun man....

people can say what they want here just like i can say what i want here...so i say have at it...

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey we like James Brown. And the Gumbles.

james brown has zero personality.......and the gumbles belong to you more than they belong to me....

DJay23
07-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I saw something on the royals board saying he was fired for sexual harrasment, not confirmed but i guess he hits on alot of the female's at espn, im sure he hit on erin andrews alot hehe!
This actually would not surprise me.

He comes to broadcast the Little League World Series here in Williamsport every year. He's quite a celeb here. People here love him.

According to a friend of mine who did some work for ABC 3 years ago, he flirted with her big time. She's a smokin little hot thing, so it's no surprise he noticed her, but I guess he made dinner offers.

I've also heard stories that he'll go out to the bars and end up not sleeping in his hotel room. Don't know how true that is because it is like 3rd hand info.

vailpass
07-25-2006, 03:19 PM
i hear ya....and TBO i'm not sure that them being black doesn't have anything to do with it.....their skin color may play a part in it...

but i'm not calling anyone here a racist.....

speaking as a black man myself....i actually like having fun with racial stereotypes....i may be wrong for it but i'm just not easily offended by that stuff....

for example...i thought jpschief's reply to my post was hilarious...

i was just pokin fun man....

people can say what they want here just like i can say what i want here...so i say have at it...

:toast: Cool. JSP gets off some damn good lines sometimes.
If you really want to get annoyed ask these knuckle-draggers ( I keed, I keed) what they think of Tommy Jackson. However if it's balance you seek you can also ask them to comment on Trey Wingo or Merle Hodge. Me, I'm just tired of the man keepin' me down.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I also detest Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige, for much the same reasons, if that makes you feel any better.

heck no i don't feel better!

woody paige is my favorite expert on television.....

how could you not like like him?

vailpass
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
I've also heard stories that he'll go out to the bars and end up not sleeping in his hotel room. Don't know how true that is because it is like 3rd hand info.

And this is wrong because........??

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
:toast: Cool. JSP gets off some damn good lines sometimes.
If you really want to get annoyed ask these knuckle-draggers what they think of Tommy Jackson. Hoever if it's balance you seek you can also ask them to comment on Trey Wingo or Merle Hodge. Me, I'm just tired of the man keepin' me down.

its all good.......

i myself hate hoge.....so i'd actually have to agree with the idiot chiefs fans on that one

Jenson71
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
james brown has zero personality.......and the gumbles belong to you more than they belong to me....

We also like Bill Cosby.

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:26 PM
We also like Bill Cosby.

well WE like bill clinton......can you put him back in office?

and i like will farrell.....outside of those two....that's about it....

Frazod
07-25-2006, 03:26 PM
heck no i don't feel better!

woody paige is my favorite expert on television.....

how could you not like like him?

You're funny. ROFL

gcbroncos
07-25-2006, 03:27 PM
You're funny. ROFL

i try......

Mecca
07-25-2006, 03:30 PM
I want a job at ESPN so I can hit on Rachel Nichols.....

Husky4506
07-25-2006, 03:55 PM
First Star Jones, now Harold Reynolds! What is going on. :shake:

huskerdooz
07-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Personally, I liked Reynolds.

Michael Irvin is a f#cking idiot.

Stephen A. Smith is a pompous jackass AND a f#cking idiot.

F#cking idiot and pompous jackass transcend race and color.

I also detest Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige, for much the same reasons, if that makes you feel any better. Last time I checked, they're both just as lily white as I am.

My sentiments exactly.

huskerdooz
07-25-2006, 04:21 PM

You left out Skip Bayless, Jay Mariotti, and Woody Page. Of these seven individuals, the only one who doesn't fit would be Harold Reynolds.

Herzig
07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
I can't stand Mike Lupica and Ryan on the Sports Reporters, but I liked Harold Reynolds

SBK
07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
well WE like bill clinton......can you put him back in office?

I heard he's the favorite to win the nomination in 08.

CHENZ A!
07-25-2006, 04:47 PM
I want a job at ESPN so I can hit on Rachel Nichols.....

same thing. 2 of my friends think she's hideous, but i think she is pretty damn sexy for the same reason that I think Kelly Clarkson is sexy, because I think if I met either of those two at a bar or club or something, I'd have a real shot at gettin them drawls. ROFL

KChiefs1
07-25-2006, 05:07 PM
I heard Harry liked to greet women with his little Harry hanging out his trousers. He seemed to think it was funny....

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I always liked Harold Reynolds. Especially when he was new and not very polished. He seemed to work hard and became very comfortable in front of the microphone.

The whole show has lost a lot of luster. mainly by bringing in guys who aren't very good (like Kruk and Brian MCrae). That has turned me off of the show long ago.

The only time I ever didn't like Harold Reynolds was when the BBWoA gave him the Gold Glove in 1988. He didn't deserve it. Frank White was still covering more ground than him and had a better fielding %. It also would have been White's 9th GG, putting him ahead of Mazeroski and putting one more HoF number next to Frank's name.

I think the BBWoA gave it Reynolds to keep Mazeroski alone at the top. It still pisses me off to this day.

But that wasn't HR's fault.

Miles
07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Harold Reynolds was easily one of the few best at ESPN. Baseball tonight is really going to suffer with him not around and it will be even worse if Gammons does not return.

Joe Seahawk
07-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Harold Reynolds was easily one of the few best at ESPN. Baseball tonight is really going to suffer with him not around and it will be even worse if Gammons does not return.

I agree. I also will miss him during the Little league world series games..

Miles
07-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I agree. I also will miss him during the Little league world series games..

He is always great at having a little fun and genuinely enjoying himself while covering stuff like that while also being professional and not making an ass out of himself. He was the same in the all star game festivities.

penchief
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM

Are you kidding me? I've always thought Reynolds is pretty good at what he does. Professionally, I don't think he compares to Irvin in any way. JMO.

WilliamTheIrish
07-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Are you kidding me? I've always thought Reynolds is pretty good at what he does. Professionally, I don't think he compares to Irvin in any way. JMO.

He doesn't. Demonpenz was being and idiot.

Reynolds can put together coherent thoughts without sounding like he has a bag of friggin' marbles in his mouth.

penchief
07-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I liked Reynolds too. I can't stand Joe Morgan. Yeah he's in the Hall of Fame blah blah. What I can't stand about his announcing is this. After watching a wonderfully turned double play he'd say something like "Well what the SS should of done is this…" Hey they turned the double play so what if he didn't flip it underhand or what ever. He always has his 20/20 glasses on.

Yeah, I'm not a Morgan fan either. I think he belittles everything because nobody will ever be as good as the Big Red Machine. I may be completely wrong but that's the vibe I get from Joe Morgan.

Prince22
07-25-2006, 10:09 PM
While we are adding to our roster of douches that currently work for ESPN, I'd like to nominate Woody Paige for membership.

:clap: rep

theultimatekcchiefsfan
07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
He must have really f*cked something up.

I'll place my bet on sexual harrassment.

According to this you may be right. :Pimp:

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/top/was-this-why-harold-got-the-axe-189733.php

Ultra Peanut
07-26-2006, 07:09 AM
http://fireharoldreynolds.blogspot.com/

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2006, 07:14 AM
woody paige is my favorite expert

oxymoron

Mr. Laz
07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Reynolds was accused of sexual harassment
Story Tools:

Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5815012?FSO1&ATT=HMA

NEW YORK (AP) - Harold Reynolds was fired by ESPN from his job as a baseball analyst after he was accused of sexual harassment, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

The former Gold Glove-winning second baseman, a member of the "Baseball Tonight" team for 11 years, said he didn't do anything to warrant his dismissal and wants his job back.

"It was a total misunderstanding," Reynolds told the Post. "My goal is to sit down and get back. To be honest with you, I gave a woman a hug and I felt like it was misinterpreted."

The newspaper, quoting sources, reported that the woman is an ESPN employee.

On Tuesday, ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Reynolds, 45, made his last on-air appearance for the network Sunday night. ESPN refused to comment on previous reports that Reynolds was dismissed, or to provide any details regarding his departure.

"All I can say is he is no longer working here," Krulewitz said.

Reynolds, who played 12 major league seasons, joined ESPN in 1996. In addition to his work on "Baseball Tonight," he also covered the College World Series and the Little League World Series.

ESPN already was dealing with the loss of another baseball analyst, Peter Gammons, who has been off the air since he was stricken with a brain aneurysm on June 27.

Sully
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
"You're with me, leather."