PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson on Sirius today

penchief
07-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Sirius had a twenty minute interview with Carl Peterson today.

Basically, he said the Law negotiations had been ongoing since the day the Jets cut him. Said it was the longest negotiation he's ever been involved in. Also said that Law would bring leadership and a winning presence to the team. He said that's what Montana and Marcus brought with them when they came.

He's very optimistic about the defense. Said that Sims has had Krumrie in his ear from day one and that Sims is responding. He thinks Sims will play well this year. Peterson is very high on what he thinks Krumrie will bring to the defense. Also said that with Herman on board he has no worries about the play of the defensive backfield. Said that Edwards coached backfields have always excelled.

On offense, he talked very highly of Eddie Kennison and what he's accomplished since he's been here. Said that he expects Parker to have a breakout year. Also said that Solari plans on getting Dante the ball out of the slot with a little open space to run. Said that Craphonso has also looked very good this spring.

He also said that the chiefs will go to camp with the backup running backs they have and will give them a fair shot at winning the job but they were always looking to improve the club. Reading between the lines, it sounded like he covets Bennett but said that New Orleans is going to need Bennett because of the Bush negotiations and because McCalister is coming off surgery. It seemed to me like he's willing to wait and see how the N.O. situation plays out before deciding on a course of action.

That's about all I can remember.

Fish
07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Said that Craphonso has also looked very good this spring.

You my boy Crap Thorpe!!

Thanks for the report.....

VonneMarie
07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Great post. :thumb:

dtebbe
07-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Said that Sims has had Krumrie in his ear from day one and that Sims is responding.

Oh great, so now the excuse will be that he has some exotic ear infection called "Krumrie Syndrome"...

Sims 2007, I'm calling it now.

DT

morphius
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh great, so now the excuse will be that he has some exotic ear infection called "Krumrie Syndrome"...

Sims 2007, I'm calling it now.

DT
He has to be able to stay healthy, period.

Lurch
07-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice job pennchief. Maybe if you you stay over here, the urge to strangle you for the BS you post in DC will subside...

penchief
07-26-2006, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Peterson did say he was confident that Hali would be on the flight to River Falls.

StcChief
07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Peterson did say he was confident that Hali would be on the flight to River Falls.

Good..hope he's there from the beginning of TC. pushing Hicks

Chief Henry
07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Great post. :thumb:

diddo...real nice report.

milkman
07-26-2006, 04:49 PM

Understandable that you forgot that.

I mean, nobody cares about that.

Rain Man
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Given how Kawika responded to Gunther's floggings and screaming, it makes me wonder if it would be a good investment to bring aboard some sort of old yelling war horse for $200,000 to personally ride any underachieving high-salary guy. Seems like a proportionally small price to pay.

Here's hoping that Krumrie does to Sims what Gunther did to Mitchell.

CoMoChief
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Sims and Siavii are such big pieces of shit.

brent102fire
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
If Sims does not improve his play/motivation with Gunther, Krumrie and Herm in his ear, then truly he is a lost cause. How could someone not get motivated with those three coaches is beyond me! Hopefully, Sims and Siavii will get their sh!t together and show us why they were drafted in the first and second rounds!!!!

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Off topic.

How do you compare Sirius to XM?

Mecca
07-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Siavii should have never been taken in the 2nd round.......he was graded as a 2nd day project. Let's thank Dick Vermiel and Lynn Stiles for that brilliant pick.

penchief
07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Off topic.

How do you compare Sirius to XM?

Never heard XM but getting satelite radio for my car was one of the best things I ever did. I never listen to conventional radio anymore.

I chose Sirius because it had the NFL.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Never heard XM but getting satelite radio for my car was one of the best things I ever did. I never listen to conventional radio anymore.

I chose Sirius because it had the NFL.

Thanks, I'm considering Sirius and wanted a little review.