PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone go to preseason games?

luv
07-26-2006, 01:52 AM
I might be able to snag a pair of tickets to one of the preseason games. Does anyone go to these games? I went with dad to one last year, and we left at halftime.

Hootie
07-26-2006, 02:10 AM
good thread

jspchief
07-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Yea, about 60k people go.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
I go when it's free. I will NEVER pay for a preseason game. I think that's one of the dumbest things to ever do in one's life, to pay for a preseason football game.

KcMizzou
07-26-2006, 02:54 AM
Sure, it's a good time. It's not like a real game... but it's fun.

KcMizzou
07-26-2006, 02:58 AM
I think that's one of the dumbest things to ever do in one's life, to pay for a preseason football game.Oh hell... you've really gotta get out more.

I've personally done at least 1,000 things dumber than that.

(not sure "dumber" is a real word)

jspchief
07-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Last year I took my 10 month old daughter to a pre-season game. It was ideal because the tickets were cheap and we didn't feel guilty about leaving early when she got restless.

I'd say they are the perfect opportunity to take your kid to a game.

Besides, if you have season tickets, you have to buy pre-season too.

OldTownChief
07-26-2006, 05:36 AM
I might be able to snag a pair of tickets to one of the preseason games.

Are you asking me out on a date?

DaKCMan AP
07-26-2006, 06:17 AM
I went in '01, but haven't been in KC since.

BigRedChief
07-26-2006, 07:46 AM
I go when it's free. I will NEVER pay for a preseason game. I think that's one of the dumbest things to ever do in one's life, to pay for a preseason football game.

Well 73,000 Chief fans do it every year. You have to buy the pre season games at full price if you want season tickets.

I'll have a tailgate set up here. The Superfans are also going to set up there. It's right by the Tee-Pee gang set up
http://eteamz.active.com/lscardinals/images/Xmarks_the_tailgate_spot_small.jpg

Saulbadguy
07-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Both of them. They are usually very hot, and kinda boring. Although i'm glad our 2 home games are the last 2..usually you see more time with the starters.

jlscorpio
07-26-2006, 07:57 AM
I went to the Vikings pre-season game last year, cuz I knew I probably wouldn't make it to KC for a reg season game. Its a good time, Huard sucked as always...

StcChief
07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
We bundle ours with a reg season premium game for sale

DJay23
07-26-2006, 08:01 AM
The last Chiefs game I attended was a preseason game versus the Rams at Arrowhead in '96.

jidar
07-26-2006, 08:03 AM
I always take the family to one. It's cheap (relative to regular season) and fun, especially since by that time you're completely football starved.

rad
07-26-2006, 08:06 AM
The only chance I have to see the Chiefs this year is preseason @ Giants. I might go.

shaneo69
07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I liked the preseason games, probably only missed 2-3 in the 17 years I had season tickets. Always stayed until the end too, because I didn't drive all the way from St. Louis to leave early. Getting home at 3:30 in the morning was rough, but I could always sleep in on the Sunday after the game.

The reason I liked the Saturday night preseason games was that it was the only games of the year that we could get there early enough to tailgate all day long. Stop at Gates beforehand for some brisket, get to the stadium and grill some drummies or BBQ shrimp to go with the brisket, drink a six pack, and you were good-to-go.

Plus, I didn't get stressed for the preseason games because it didn't matter if they lost.

Frazod
07-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I won't be going to any more preseason games. I drove down for a preseason game several years ago (from Chicago). Way too damned hot, and the starters only played the first quarter. Seems like ticket prices should be discounted for that, but they aren't. So basically I didn't feel it was worth the price, and it sure as hell wasn't worth the drive.

If I was local, and could get a deal on tickets, perhaps. Otherwise, no way.

StcChief
07-26-2006, 08:59 AM
I won't be going to any more preseason games. I drove down for a preseason game several years ago (from Chicago). Way too damned hot, and the starters only played the first quarter. Seems like ticket prices should be discounted for that, but they aren't. So basically I didn't feel it was worth the price, and it sure as hell wasn't worth the drive.

If I was local, and could get a deal on tickets, perhaps. Otherwise, no way.
Just show up outside the gate people give them away.

Predarat
07-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Sometimes I go to one just because im jonesing for football but then I get there and realize it really inst football. But its a good excuse to tailgate and get rip roaring drunk becasue who cares if you remember a pre season game or not and there is more time to drink.

MVChiefFan
07-26-2006, 09:45 AM
I love going to preseason games. Hell, I love going to any game. In fact, I've already purchased tickets to the Rams game Aug. 26th. My wife and I are taking my sister and her fiance, it's their first game to I got seats on the 35 yard line Chiefs side. Should be a great time had by all. Plus, it's the 3rd game so the starters should play well into the 3rd quarter.

luv
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm hopefully going to try to snag tickets to the Rams preseason game on the 26th. I think it would be a good chance to see players play that normally don't get play time during the regular season. They're dad's season tickets, but I don't think he's planning on going. He said he was thinking about selling him, but I'll see if the puppy dogs eyes and a little begging will help him decide to just give them to me. :)

morphius
07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
I went to one last year for free because Jazzlovr gave me her ticket. That was the only game I got to see last night. Of course that was the game the Trent got dinged early and they just took him out, so having to suffer through a game of Huard just hurt. But LJ's long run coming right at me was pretty kick ass.

WilliamTheIrish
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Did it for years.

Will never do it again.

Fish
07-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I'll go to at least one of them......

Tailgating practice and such.........

MVChiefFan
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
I went to one last year for free because Jazzlovr gave me her ticket. That was the only game I got to see last night. Of course that was the game the Trent got dinged early and they just took him out, so having to suffer through a game of Huard just hurt. But LJ's long run coming right at me was pretty kick ass.

Was that the Seattle game? I also was in the endzone Johnson was running towards, about seven rows up. That was sweet to watch. What was that, like 97 yards?

Zman
07-26-2006, 10:22 AM
I haven't missed a game in 8 years real or preseason. Its good tailgating practice!

morphius
07-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Was that the Seattle game? I also was in the endzone Johnson was running towards, about seven rows up. That was sweet to watch. What was that, like 97 yards?
That was the one, 97 yards! I was first row goal line, about as close to where he crossed the line as possible.

chiefqueen
07-26-2006, 11:25 AM
In my 16 years of being a season tix holder I've only missed 1 preseason game. However, I'm seriously considerly skipping the NO game (8/31) because I fly to FLA the next morning.

I'd figure to make a pretty penny on the ticket if Bush ever signs a contract.

greg63
07-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I've only been to one preseason game, and that brings my total count, including the regular and post seasons, to......... one. :D