PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Holtas on 810 today

chief2000
07-28-2006, 02:43 AM
said linebacker K.Fox is like the LB's at Tampa.

Said Pollard will eventually start.

Said Vermeils coaching in the Buffalo game last season sucked donkey as_s. Should have just run the ball. Said he threw it without a left tackle.

Said this team wont try and win stat contests to be the number one offense.

tk13
07-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Where'd you get this from?

el borracho
07-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Good news about Fox.

Not really news at all regarding Pollard.

At this point that Buffalo game (and all the other games of the past) doesn't matter at all.

Not really sure what to make of the last bit. Why wouldn't we want to be the number one offense and what, exactly, will we do different?

ZootedGranny
07-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Where'd you get this from?

Probably his ears.

Mecca
07-28-2006, 04:02 AM
None of those things are exactly earth shattering.......Fox basically is a cover 2 LB. Which means if Bell doesn't show something he'll find himself riding the pine being a role player.

jspchief
07-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Interesting that Holthus needs to take shots at Vermeil. It may be true, but it's still in bad taste IMO.

Especially when he didn't have the sack to say it at the time.

07-28-2006, 04:55 AM
Interesting that Holthus needs to take shots at Vermeil. It may be true, but it's still in bad taste IMO.

Meh, I would say that is pretty standard in the business when both are employed by the same person.

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 05:51 AM
None of those things are exactly earth shattering.......Fox basically is a cover 2 LB. Which means if Bell doesn't show something he'll find himself riding the pine being a role player.

It's gonna happen. Fox's injury really overshadowed what was going on in camp last year.

He's more athletic than Bell and a better all-around LB. Bell needs to be in a 3-point on 3rd and long. Other than that, Fox should be on the field.

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Personally, I love Mitch's interview, as usual.

Very informative, I'll try to recall more of it once I get where I'm going today.

As for him calling out Vermeil, he's been taking subtle shots at Vermeil for 2 or 3 years. I got the impression he didn't really like him.

Al Bundy
07-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Hmmm I will wait about 5 years before I allow the thought of Fox being compared to Derrick Brooks to be taken seriously.

chagrin
07-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Hmmm I will wait about 5 years before I allow the thought of Fox being compared to Derrick Brooks to be taken seriously.

Hey dude, I'm here in Orlando - are you as well?

Al Bundy
07-28-2006, 06:16 AM
Hey dude, I'm here in Orlando - are you as well?

Nahh I'm in Kansas City, but my mom and stepdad are in Orlando and I am a UCF Alum.

Cormac
07-28-2006, 06:27 AM

Great point. I can't get over the negativity surrounding DV's tenure among Chiefs beat-writers and even some of the stuff said by the FO during Herm's hire. I have many more good memories than bad about DV as the Chiefs HC. He had his faults, but I don't think there is one of us that didn't realise it at the time. Not to mention, he admitted being overly loyal just about every chance he got. And if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Trent Green, Priest Holmes, possibly Roaf, and Dante Hall would have been kicked to the curb.

Herm has a lot to prove before he is lauded as the next coming in KC, IMO.

KCTitus
07-28-2006, 06:34 AM
I dont sweat the DV stuff...sure, there's a lot that can be criticized of his tenure. He's gone and KC is moving on, I'll just leave it as 'he didnt get it done'.

DTLB58
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I dont sweat the DV stuff...sure, there's a lot that can be criticized of his tenure. He's gone and KC is moving on, I'll just leave it as 'he didnt get it done'. :clap:

Never look back, Look forward. :)

Cormac
07-28-2006, 07:46 AM
I dont sweat the DV stuff...sure, there's a lot that can be criticized of his tenure. He's gone and KC is moving on, I'll just leave it as 'he didnt get it done'.

True that. He will suffer from being "close but not close enough" in Chiefs lore forever. But it was a helluva ride, if you ask me.

I just feel that there is a lot of piling on in some circles which puzzles me a bit.

beavis
07-28-2006, 08:02 AM
True that. He will suffer from being "close but not close enough" in Chiefs lore forever. But it was a helluva ride, if you ask me.

I just feel that there is a lot of piling on in some circles which puzzles me a bit.
You are talking about Vermeil when he coached the Chiefs right?

He never got all that close IMO.

Demonpenz
07-28-2006, 08:06 AM
oh baby what a play!

tiptap
07-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Considering the train wreck of a football team with the death of DT and implosion on both sides of the ball, Vermeil did wonders with the offense. This is football team that hasn't had that kind of offense since Dawson. It was a wonderful change but the fixes on the defensive side that first year with Bush and Patton (though Patton could still play the middle without range) left the defense worse off than the year before and we've been playing catch up ever since. I give credit for making this team exciting and being in every game even if the follow through wan't there. This team should have been a lot less competitive during Vermeil tenure considering where it started.

cdcox
07-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Said Vermeils coaching in the Buffalo game last season sucked donkey as_s. Should have just run the ball. Said he threw it without a left tackle.

Guess Edwards isn't going to throw the ball this year.

Brock
07-28-2006, 08:25 AM

Close to what? Almost making the playoffs?

Frazod
07-28-2006, 08:31 AM

Helluva ride my ass. He squandered the best offense in football three years in a row because he didn't give a fraction of thought to the defense. We finally get someone who does care about the defense just in time to watch the offense DIE.

Mr. Built-Half-A-Team can roast in f#cking hell. 4321