PDA

View Full Version : Life After Roaf....

petegz28
07-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Ok, he is retired. Get over it. Bitching won't make it better. It sucks, I hate it. But what the hell can we do right?

So Black will eb the man. Might as well support him and cheer him on.

cdcox
07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
DEATH TO BLACK

teedubya
07-28-2006, 08:57 AM
More Roaf threads!!! yeah!

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2006, 08:58 AM
...or throw bottles at him.

Baby Lee
07-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Sure we went from playoff and SB aspirants to cellar dwellers overnight, but bitching about it for 20 whole f@cking minutes?!?!?
Get over it already!!!

Warrior5
07-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Maybe Svitek?

petegz28
07-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Sure we went from playoff and SB aspirants to cellar dwellers overnight, but bitching about it for 20 whole f@cking minutes?!?!?
Get over it already!!!

Well WTF good does it do to moap, bitch and whine?

Don't be such a baby baby. This might be a blessing in disguise as is.

Roaf was going to be injury prone this year and we all knew it.

Better to lose him now than week 2.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2006, 09:23 AM

Yeah! We didn't want that injured POS on our team anyway!

:stupid:

Baby Lee
07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Well, by that reasoning, WTF good does it do to even pay attention to football at all?

petegz28
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Yeah! We didn't want that injured POS on our team anyway!

:stupid:

Yes let's go to the extremes so you can feel justify your own blindedness.

I Wanted Roaf too but you can't tell me in the back of your mind you weren't going "just hold up one more season"....you are a liar if you say otherwise.

And I am sorry when your hopes are on someone who was broken last year and broke again in OTA's then you are just fooling yourself.

Either way it does no good to bitch and moap does it?

petegz28
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Well, by that reasoning, WTF good does it do to even pay attention to football at all?

No by your reasoning whining and moaping over something you have 0 control over seems to get something done.

Some of you are such drama queens at times.

Here ...."it's over..the Chiefs will suck.....2-14 if we are lucky".....

Do you feel better now? :banghead:

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Yes let's go to the extremes so you can feel justify your own blindedness.

I Wanted Roaf too but you can't tell me in the back of your mind you weren't going "just hold up one more season"....you are a liar if you say otherwise.

And I am sorry when your hopes are on someone who was broken last year and broke again in OTA's then you are just fooling yourself.

Either way it does no good to bitch and moap does it?

Last year was the first time since he's been in KC that he missed games. I can't predict injury so my expectation is a full season. But, given the circumstances, I'd take him for the 10 games he played in last year and be happy.

Baby Lee
07-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Some of you are such drama queens at times.
Sorry, but acknowledging that Roaf's retirement is a huge blow to our prospects is not drama queen material. It's reality.
Make your case for one player, OK maybe Trent maybe LJ [but neither appear to be retiring], whose loss would be bigger.

BIG_DADDY
07-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Sorry, but acknowledging that Roaf's retirement is a huge blow to our prospects is not drama queen material. It's reality.
Make your case for one player, OK maybe Trent maybe LJ [but neither appear to be retiring], whose loss would be bigger.

Agreed. Do we have his salary to work with now?

CosmicPal
07-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Losing Roaf is a blow, but you have to understand that great teams learn to overcome retirements and injuries to their players. We have some young guys who are capable of playing LT and we will make do with what we have. It's never easy to repace a perennial pro-bowl, hall of fame talent such as Roaf, but good teams persevere, and great teams continue to win.

My biggest fear is not that the Roaf retired, but the possibility of a tricke-down affect: would this lead to Preist retiring, would Shields then consider retiring, etc.

RedNFeisty
07-28-2006, 11:05 AM

I disagree, we needed Roaf injury prone or not, he is/was one of the best and you would kidding yourself to think otherwise just because he has injury problems.

I would rather him play one game than retire now before the season starts. The only plus side is I would rather him retire than play the season and his heart not be in the game.

cdcox
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Losing Roaf is a blow, but you have to understand that great teams learn to overcome retirements and injuries to their players.

We are sooooo screwed.

Baby Lee
07-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Losing Roaf is a blow, but you have to understand that great teams learn to overcome retirements and injuries to their players. We have some young guys who are capable of playing LT and we will make do with what we have. It's never easy to repace a perennial pro-bowl, hall of fame talent such as Roaf, but good teams persevere, and great teams continue to win.

My biggest fear is not that the Roaf retired, but the possibility of a tricke-down affect: would this lead to Preist retiring, would Shields then consider retiring, etc.
Did you WATCH the games w/o Roaf last year?

CosmicPal
07-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Did you WATCH the games w/o Roaf last year?

Uhhhh yes. I'm very aware of how our offense sputtered w/out Roaf in the line-up. We have some good young talent in Sampson and Svitek and we will go through some growing pains, but Solari I'm sure has had most of the off-season to consider adjustments and we will try to put those in place during training camp.

If you want to bitch, moan, and cry, and say the season is over- go ahead my friend. I, on the hand, will wait until the end of the season before I smash my TV. In the meantime, I'm still excited about the new players and coaches and other additions to our team. I'm going to put this behind me and hope someone will do a "reliable" job at LT, but more importantly- I expect them to improve with experience.

Calcountry
07-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Well, by that reasoning, WTF good does it do to even pay attention to football at all?I was wondering this myself. At various points in my life, I have walked away from this crap and focused on other endeavors. But the 9 game winning streak was like a Siren Song calling out to Odysseus.

petegz28
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I disagree, we needed Roaf injury prone or not, he is/was one of the best and you would kidding yourself to think otherwise just because he has injury problems.

I would rather him play one game than retire now before the season starts. The only plus side is I would rather him retire than play the season and his heart not be in the game.

You are misunderstanding me. I agree we need him. I am just saying the odds favor the scenario of us being without him because of injury at some point in the season.

So there i sno point in putting brkoen Roaf on the field. We saw how long it took for him to recover from his hamstring. Now he hurt his other hamy in OTA's.

Roaf's body is tleling him it is time to quit unfotunately.

R&GHomer
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
"Looking on the dim side" At least we have the entire training camp to work on his replacement. Beats the hell out of Roaf going out for 6 weeks at the start of the season and not having someone else with significant training time go in and back him up.

DaKCMan AP
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
You are misunderstanding me. I agree we need him. I am just saying the odds favor the scenario of us being without him because of injury at some point in the season.

So there i sno point in putting brkoen Roaf on the field. We saw how long it took for him to recover from his hamstring. Now he hurt his other hamy in OTA's.

Roaf's body is tleling him it is time to quit unfotunately.

That reasoning is flawed, IMO.

We need him, but it's better that we don't have him because he MIGHT get injured? That's stupid. The only positive that I see to Roaf not returning is that he announced it BEFORE training camp and didn't attend the majority of the OTA's and voluntary camps so that the guys who will have to play get the work with the 1st unit.

petegz28
07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
That reasoning is flawed, IMO.

We need him, but it's better that we don't have him because he MIGHT get injured? That's stupid. The only positive that I see to Roaf not returning is that he announced it BEFORE training camp and didn't attend the majority of the OTA's and voluntary camps so that the guys who will have to play get the work with the 1st unit.

No what is stupid is forcing a guy who is injured on the field and when he can't play putting in someone who has had 0 practice or game time.

If Roaf says he is ready to retire then he is ready.

For people to put hope in a broken player even as good as Roaf is just foolish.

I have not seen Roaf healthy since week #1 last season. Have you?