PDA

View Full Version : So, in the offseason...

bobbything
07-28-2006, 09:24 AM
...since the hiring of Herm Edwards, he has come in here saying, "We're going to be doing this differently on offense, and we're going to change this, and bla bla bla."

Since then, we've lost our Pro Bowl fullback, our Hall of Fame tackle, and our 1000 yard receiver is holding out.

Coincidence? Who knows. But, maybe the "If if ain't broke, don't f*cking touch it" approach would have served better.

Fire Me Boy!
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Our kidney went to Minn. because he was getting a damn good paycheck. I was disappointed as hell to find out T-Rich left, but that's the way it goes. I think we'll be OK without him, but not as good as we were.

Roaf -- damn that hurts. BIG time. I'm officially nervous for Trent.

Eddie Kennison... is not holding out. There's speculation that he MAY hold out, but he is at camp and practicing. He will definitely be missed if he's released or holds out, but not more than Roaf.

|Zach|
07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
This is Herms fault?

Nice.

Fire Me Boy!
07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
However, you are right... there may be grumblings because Herm looks like he's trying to change the offense. I would be pissed too if someone came in and said, "Hey, let's change the best offense over the past four years to something less stellar."

Archie Bunker
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
ROFL

Lets blame Herm for a 33 yr old WR wanting more money, a FB that played 30% of the time that wanted more carries, and a LT who felt his body was shot. Yep thats all Herm's fault.

bobbything
07-28-2006, 09:33 AM
This is Herms fault?

Nice.
I don't know. All I see is key members of the offense gone (or bitching about more money). I don't think the connection between the difference in a new head coach's philosophy and the players' philosophy is that much of a leap. It happens all the time.

|Zach|
07-28-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey, if it means we can close out a lead on a game by keeping the ball with 6 mins left then anyone who is leaving because they are pissy about Herm can eat a dick.

I want to win...in the playoffs.

Even though these happenings are not Herms fault.

DaFace
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
This is Herms fault?

Nice.

Gotta agree with you here. TRich may have been due to Herm's vision for the team, but Roaf retired because his hamstring just isn't getting back to where it should be. Unless Herm pulled a Tonya Harding and went after Big Willie's hammy with a baseball bat, he had nothing to do with Roaf retiring.

Rain Man
07-28-2006, 10:32 AM
It's the normal changing of the seasons in Chiefs land.

Good defense, no offense.
Good offense, no defense.
Good special teams, no offense.

We've put together some of the best half-teams in the history of the NFL.