PDA

View Full Version : Doess TC and preseason give us enough time to find a serviceable replacement?

PunkinDrublic
07-28-2006, 02:29 PM
I would venture to say yes and as much as Roaf retiring will hurt the team, I would rather have a guy who's been working with the first team through TC and preseason than to throw a guy in the starting lineup in the middle of the season. I think a lot of us are freaking out because we don't know who will be starting at LT and I don't blame you. One thing that's comforting to me is that if you look back at the history of the Chiefs, whenever a key OL guy went down or retired most of the time we've been able to find a guy to replace him without skipping much of a beat. You could make an argument that we struggled without Willie last year, but there is a world of difference between throwing a guy on the line in the middle of the season and having all TC and preseason to work a guy in.

StcChief
07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
True...but the drop off will be very noticeable IMO.

Svitek
Turley

outside Vet. They need to be here now.

PunkinDrublic
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
True...but the drop off will be very noticeable IMO.

Svitek
Turley

outside Vet. They need to be here now.

There's no doubt that Willies presence will be missed, but I don't think it's going to cost us our shot at winning the division or making the playoffs. There's not a team in our division that doesn't have holes on their team. I'm dissappointed that Willie is retiring, but I'm taking a wait and see approach before being resigned to us not having a good season.

NJ Chief Fan
07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
its still not to late to trade william bartee for orlando pace

Mr. Laz
07-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Doess TC and preseason give us enough time to find a serviceable replacement?.

only if a serviceable replacement is already on the roster.

Red Dawg
07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
None of last years playoff teams had Roaf. I don't wanna hear how we can't do this or that without him.

He's gone and Turley needs to step up.

alanm
07-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Uh.. no. Haven't you been reading. The season is over, we're doomed. :deevee:

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 08:03 PM
They're not bringing anyone in.

Somebody on the roster has to step up.

Is TC enough time? Doubtful.

But it's INFINITELY better than being thrown to the wolves in week 4 like Black was last year...

Big Dick Jones
07-28-2006, 08:08 PM
The real question is did Nick Athan know about this and when did he know it? I'll bet he knew last February.

TRR
07-28-2006, 08:09 PM
They're not bringing anyone in.

Somebody on the roster has to step up.

Is TC enough time? Doubtful.

But it's INFINITELY better than being thrown to the wolves in week 4 like Black was last year...

If Training camp and 4 Preseason games isn't enough to find one LT on an NFL team, than that entire coaching staff should be fired.

keg in kc
07-28-2006, 08:13 PM
We'll be fine. If there's one thing the Chiefs have always been good at, it's finding o-line talent. That doesn't mean we'll necessarily find another Roaf (or that we won't), but odds are we'll be fielding a quality starter at LT. I'm expecting Sampson to end up starting at RT, so it could be Black, Turley or someone else. Dropoff? Yes. End of the world? Probably not.

Without Roaf, the offense may not be in the top-5, but it should still be in the top-10. Combine that with a defense that improves to the middle of the pack (or better) across the board and we'll be playing in January.

tommykat
07-28-2006, 08:17 PM
only if a serviceable replacement is already on the roster.

Does that mean you or your wife are available? ROFL Probably the wife. :clap:

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 08:21 PM
We'll be fine. If there's one thing the Chiefs have always been good at, it's finding o-line talent. That doesn't mean we'll necessarily find another Roaf (or that we won't), but odds are we'll be fielding a quality starter at LT. I'm expecting Sampson to end up starting at RT, so it could be Black, Turley or someone else. Dropoff? Yes. End of the world? Probably not.

Without Roaf, the offense may not be in the top-5, but it should still be in the top-10. Combine that with a defense that improves to the middle of the pack (or better) across the board and we'll be playing in January.

This offense wasn't gonna be Top 5 WITH Roaf.

Jesus lives in Washington now.

htismaqe
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
If Training camp and 4 Preseason games isn't enough to find one LT on an NFL team, than that entire coaching staff should be fired.

What do you define as a "servicable LT"?

I agree that they should be able to find at least one guy to fill in. But to expect them to be 100% ready-to-go by the end of camp is probably a little unrealistic.

Then again, when it comes to o-linemen, we're more than a little spoiled. :D