PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs could make only 1 pre-season trade right now what would you choose?

Logical
07-29-2006, 10:47 PM
A proven average offensive lineman

A proven pressure creating D tackle but not so good at stuffing the run

A proven RB to backup LJ

A WR capbable of 50 receptions and 1000 yards with 5 TDs

Poll forthcoming

ChiefFan31
07-29-2006, 10:53 PM
That is a tough one. I picked the pressure creating defensive tackle.

A proven average OL isnt much more than we have right now.

Even with the drama of Roaf retiring.

greg63
07-29-2006, 11:01 PM
A trade is not necessary; we have Rich Scanlon.

milkman
07-29-2006, 11:05 PM
Are you trying to tell us that Carl can only make one trade?

Another of that useless bastard's EPIC failures! :cuss:

Sure-Oz
07-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd say one our tackles has to be average anyway.

Moooo
07-29-2006, 11:13 PM
I'd leave the team the way it is...

I think our, "screen door for a left tackle," will be a lot better than he was last year. I could be wrong, but nonetheless, I would leave the team the way it is...

Moooo

Iowanian
07-29-2006, 11:14 PM
It wouldn't matter if it were for Chuck Norris....you'd whine about it logical.
"the Chiefs just signed Ty law to fill a void at Corner" {/media}

"well, he's over 30 and 1500 children in Darfur just got an infection in their Colon from eating diseased locust" [/logical]

waaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/04/250px-Racheldratchdebbie.jpg

chefsos
07-29-2006, 11:22 PM
A proven average offensive tackle: I think we can build an average one (albeit very average in comparison to Roaf) from the spare parts already here in camp. Who's out there anyway?

A proven RB to backup LJ: Much like Trent, if LJ goes down for any significant time, we're fooked anyway. Besides, how many proven RBs would even want the job assuming LJ doesn't go down?

A WR capable of 50 receptions and 1000 yards with 5 TDs: With crossed fingers, I submit to you Samie Parker.

A proven pressure creating D tackle but not so good at stuffing the run: That's the ticket.

Logical
07-29-2006, 11:30 PM
It wouldn't matter if it were for Chuck Norris....you'd whine about it logical.
"the Chiefs just signed Ty law to fill a void at Corner" {/media}

"well, he's over 30 and 1500 children in Darfur just got an infection in their Colon from eating diseased locust" [/logical]

I praised the Ty Law signing, there is no criticism of Carl in this thread nor of the Chiefs. The thread is to see what the Planet feels the most glaring need is at this point. You might notice I did not mention CB.

Moooo
07-29-2006, 11:33 PM
I praised the Ty Law signing, there is no criticism of Carl in this thread nor of the Chiefs. The thread is to see what the Planet feels the most glaring need is at this point. You might notice I did not mention CB.

Our biggest problem is probably lack of depth in the wide reciever position. But I wouldn't trade for it.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but I think at this point we need to work on team fusion and becoming one.

Moooo

mcan
07-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Without a doubt I go for the probowl calibre reciever over any of the average, one dimensional, or BACKUP players that you mentioned.

A thousand yards and 5 touchdowns is a HUGE year.

I think we have a bigger, gaping need at defensive tackle though. So if you reworked the question to either get a well rounded and talented WR or DT, I'd go DT all the way.

chefsos
07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Our biggest problem is probably lack of depth in the wide reciever position. But I wouldn't trade for it.

I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but I think at this point we need to work on team fusion and becoming one.

Moooo
Wow, you're really going to piss off the guys who supply the jerseys with that one.

Moooo
07-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow, you're really going to piss off the guys who supply the jerseys with that one.

lol... I guess so.

Moooo

chefsos
07-29-2006, 11:59 PM
I think three of the questions here could be answered with younger guys who already wear the Chiefs' uni. Sooner or later young talent has to take the damn bull by the horns. You gotta coach 'em up and get 'em in there. That's how this NFL thing is supposed to work. Holy crap I sound like Herm now.

But at DT, we've got our own dreck and a couple of castoffs from losing teams (no offense intended, Mr. Reed and Mr. Edwards, because you'll both probably make this team) and a new pocket buster might just help out this D.

JohnnyV13
07-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Reed isn't bad. He was a starter for the jets and had 62 tackles.

While the Jets gave up a lot of rushing yards per game, the average per carry was 3.9. (Slightly better than the ave. NFL D).

I think the Jets giving up so many yards rushing had more to do with offensive futility than anything else. Because the Jets couldn't score, once teams got a lead they just ran the team to death.

Overall, the Jets were 12th in yards allowed. Again, no one felt like they had to pass to win, because teams were usually playing with a lead.

Chieftain58
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Eddie Kennison for Ashley Lelie or LT

Not a big fan of Lelie but Kennison is wanting a new contract and CP probably won't give him one

Adept Havelock
07-30-2006, 09:22 AM

Hate to break it to you, but A) Lawrence Taylor retired years ago, and B) I think we've got a glut at LB.

Or are you suggesting Ladanian Tomlinson as a backup for LJ? [/obtuse]

:p

milkman
07-30-2006, 09:30 AM

The AFC West doesn't make trades within the division.

Can we stop making these moronic trade proposals that have less than zero chance of ever taking place?

Chieftain58
07-30-2006, 09:41 AM
ummm. Left Tackle..... LT L/T, Lana Turner, Low Turnout, Low Tide, Lemon Tea, Lesbian Twist, Left Turn and Finally Long Time(since we won the big one)
We report you decide

Thig Lyfe
07-30-2006, 10:06 AM
I would rank it:

1) LT because we don't have any that is proven, average, or at the very least proven to be average. And I don't want Trent to get killed.

2) DT because it's really the final piece: we have two young and explosive DEs, a fantastic LB corps that's still developing, two Pro Bowl corners, and a servicable group of safeties.

3) WR because we already have Samie Parker, who I think is capable, but we could always use a WR who we know is capable.

4) RB because LJ is invincible.

JBucc
07-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I don't really want any of those but I picked WR because

Chieftain58
07-30-2006, 10:20 AM
JohnnyV13 Nice Avatar, could I get her number :)