PDA

View Full Version : Roaf wants to go into the HOF as a Saint.

Hammock Parties
07-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Disgusting.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=212254&perpage=12&pagenumber=1

Hootie
07-30-2006, 03:44 PM
why would he not go in as a Saint?

KChiefsQT
07-30-2006, 03:45 PM
noooooooo!

blueballs
07-30-2006, 03:46 PM
was he not born, raised and still lives in N O?

Chan93lx50
Hmmm, that sucks. Oh well!

Hootie
he made what, 8 pro bowls with the Saints? 3 with the Chiefs? He won how many playoff games with EITHER team? He grew up in Louisiana, he went to school in Louisiana, why in God's name would he not enter the hall of fame as a Saint?! Entering as a Chief would've just been stupid.

VonneMarie
Who gives a shit?

Bearcat

and went to LaTech, too.

Mecca
07-30-2006, 03:47 PM

Yea pretty much, not to mention he played there what 9-10 years? That all seems pretty logical to me the Chiefs were his stop on the back end of his career we shouldn't expect him to want to be a Chief in the HOF.

Sure-Oz
07-30-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't see a problem with it, he played a long time with them, he was with us and did the same thing he did for them, played hard and made the line better, just for a shorter period of time. Either place he won nothing though.

Hootie
07-30-2006, 03:48 PM
LET'S ALL ****

Bwana
07-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Who gives a shit?

That was my first thought as well.

VonneMarie
07-30-2006, 03:50 PM
LET'S ALL ****
Wha? :spock:

Hog Rider
07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I thought only the Pope could proclaim Sainthood.

He's a little sure of himself there isn't he?

Hootie
07-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Wha? :spock:
Just the tip?

VonneMarie
07-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Just the tip?
Go play with yourself.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-30-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't really care.

I sick of being pissed off.

Let's move along, now.

Chan93lx50
07-30-2006, 04:02 PM
he made what, 8 pro bowls with the Saints? 3 with the Chiefs? He won how many playoff games with EITHER team? He grew up in Louisiana, he went to school in Louisiana, why in God's name would he not enter the hall of fame as a Saint?! Entering as a Chief would've just been stupid.

Then it makes absolutely perfectly good sense!

chagrin
07-30-2006, 04:04 PM
He's a Louisiana boy, he should go in as a SAINTS player first

beer bacon
07-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I lost all my respect for Roaf when he was injured during the second Raiders game. Instead of being on the sideline with his teammates he sat up in a suite eating nachos. He has no team spirit!!

CoMoChief
07-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Remember the only reason Marcus Allen entered as a Chief is because his riff with Al Davis. I still think everyone whos not a Chiefs fan will agree that Marcus was a Raider, not a Chief.

Moooo
07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I hope he goes in as a Saint.

And EnDelt, I'm not very smart about this, but I thought they hang up a Jersey at the HOF, to which you have to tell them which one you want to hang up.

Moooo

Braincase
07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Asshats in that same thread count Hank Stram as a Saints inductee.

WTF?

milkman
07-30-2006, 04:12 PM
You are not inducted into the HOF as a member of any team.

Direct from the Hall Of Fame FAQ:
Quote:
Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/S...nProcessFAQ.jsp

So Roaf will not go in as a Saint, and Allen did not go in as a Chief.

If they did go in as a member of a team, then the Saints would be the obvious, and right, choice for Roaf.

Frankie
07-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Roaf wants to go into the HOF as a Saint.
Not if he unretires and win a SuperBowl as a Chief. :hmmm:

hypersensitiveZO6
07-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Not if he unretires and win a SuperBowl as a Chief. :hmmm:

I wish there were more people on this site with an attitude like yours.

:thumb:

milkman
07-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Asshats in that same thread count Hank Stram as a Saints inductee.

WTF?

Every one of their "Saints" earned their bust elsewhere.

They got nuthin' else to cling to.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
what a slap in the face for kc fans. First retires on our run then this. Figures. Thanks alot carl.

Chan93lx50
07-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Ty Law better retire as a chief damn it!

beer bacon
07-30-2006, 04:29 PM
what a slap in the face for kc fans. First retires on our run then this. Figures. Thanks alot carl.

Dammit Carl!! :cuss:

How could he let Roaf go into the HoF as a Saint. Where are your legendary negotiating skills now King Carl CeePee

cdcox
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
You are not inducted into the HOF as a member of any team.

Direct from the Hall Of Fame FAQ:
Quote:
Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/S...nProcessFAQ.jsp

So Roaf will not go in as a Saint, and Allen did not go in as a Chief.

If they did go in as a member of a team, then the Saints would be the obvious, and right, choice for Roaf.

The HOF kind of talks out of both sides of their mouth on this issue. Elsewhere of the site the have the following:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.html

NOTE: In this listing - a Hall of Famer is named under all clubs on which he made his primary contribution to professional football - (i.e. - Chuck Noll is listed under Pittsburgh as a coach - but not under Cleveland as a player). Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in BOLD CAPS. In cases where a player contributed about equally and in a major way to two or more clubs - he is listed in BOLD CAPS under both clubs (ie. Nick Buoniconti is listed with both the Patriots and Dolphins as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in lower case.

(The numbers inside of the parentheses following the team's name indicates the number of primary Hall of Famers followed by the number of Hall of Famers who spent a minor portion of their career with the team).

Allen's contribution for the Chiefs was considered "minor", as was Stram's contribution to the Saints.

The player doesn't seem to have any say as whether their contribution to a given team was primary or minor. My guess is that Roaf will be listed Primary with the Saints and Minor with the Chiefs.

mlyonsd
07-30-2006, 04:47 PM
This proves out the fact that cajun cooking is better than KC BBQ.

Hootie
07-30-2006, 04:53 PM
this is the dumbest post I've ever read on chiefsplanet.

Thanks a lot Carl?

What?

Hootie
07-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh, I'm so disappointed in you, Hootie.
yeah I missed the sarcasm...

It's just, I almost believed he meant it...

chiefs4me
07-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Didn't we go through this shit with Marcus Allen? I thought it was determined that you don't "go in" as anything. Your plaque or bust or whatever just lists all the teams you played for.

you are correct..

Chief Pote
07-30-2006, 05:19 PM
I think Willie Roaf is tougher than Chuck Norris. Therefore, he will block defensive linemen from his house. Or maybe from the classroom. Or maybe while having sex with his wi...nevermind. But he is tough.

Rain Man
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
I think Willie Roaf is tougher than Chuck Norris. Therefore, he will block defensive linemen from his house. Or maybe from the classroom. Or maybe while having sex with his wi...nevermind. But he is tough.

I'm counting on the mere memory of Willie Roaf to stop a few pass rushes this year. You know there has to be some sort of vestigal residue at that position.

Chan93lx50
07-30-2006, 05:28 PM
This proves out the fact that cajun cooking is better than KC BBQ.

Nuthooks douche bag!

sedated
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
It don't matter

If saints fans can take credit for Hank Stram, we can take credit for Willie Roaf

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Were any of these guys besides Finks really Saints?

Here are the Saints in the HOF
Doug Atkins (1982) - 1967-1969
Earl Campbell (1991) - 1984-1985
JIM FINKS (1995) - 1986-1992
Hank Stram (2003) - 1976-1977
Jim Taylor (1976) - 1967

cdcox
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Were any of these guys besides Finks really Saints?

Here are the Saints in the HOF
Doug Atkins (1982) - 1967-1969
Earl Campbell (1991) - 1984-1985
JIM FINKS (1995) - 1986-1992
Hank Stram (2003) - 1976-1977
Jim Taylor (1976) - 1967

The Hall considers the guys in ALL CAPS to have made a majority of their contribution under the listed team. So, no.

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Didn't we go through this shit with Marcus Allen? I thought it was determined that you don't "go in" as anything. Your plaque or bust or whatever just lists all the teams you played for.

I remember scaring one of my 49ers fan friends (for about 15 seconds) that Montana was going in as a Chief.

Rain Man
07-30-2006, 06:45 PM
I find it funny that the Saints are affiliated with more Hall of Fame players than the Broncos.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I remember scaring one of my 49ers fan friends (for about 15 seconds) that Montana was going in as a Chief.

I heard rice ( if he gets in) might go in as a raider.

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I heard rice ( if he gets in) might go in as a raider.
ROFL ROFL ROFL I think I will give that a shot. Even though they do not go in for a specific team. It may have been long enough that he will bite. ROFL

HemiEd
07-30-2006, 06:55 PM
I find it funny that the Saints are affiliated with more Hall of Fame players than the Broncos.

They need to create a special "creative rules interpretation" section and the Donks would dominate.

blueballs
07-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Chris Coe will go in as a Bronco

Mojo Rising
07-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Why is Jim Finks in the HOF?

Rain Man
07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
It sounds like his main accomplishments were needlessly trading away a Hall of Fame quarterback, losing two Super Bowls, and getting the Saints above .500 for a while. I'm not sure that's a whole lot better than Carl Peterson, other than the "losing two Super Bowls" part.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=67

Minnesota fans remember Jim Finks as the man who elevated the struggling expansion Vikings to championship status. Chicagoans recall him as the executive who restored the Bears' winning tradition.

New Orleans partisans salute Finks as the savior who brought the Saints their first winning season. Finks built perennial losers into playoff and Super Bowl teams in a stellar career as one of football's most respected executives.

He placed indelible stamps upon the Vikings, Bears and Saints. All three franchises flourished with players developed by Finks. Finks drafted nineteen of the Bears’ 22 starters in the Super Bowl XX win over New England. Finks was named the general manager of the Vikings in 1964.

Not a quick-fix artist, his moves were tailored for the long haul. His program began paying dividends four years later when Minnesota won its first of five divisional titles. The Vikings also advanced to the Super Bowl twice during Finks’ tenure in Minnesota that ended following the 1973 season. The Vikings leader was not afraid to make controversial decisions and he proved that in 1966 when coach Norm Van Brocklin and quarterback Fran Tarkenton feuded. Finks traded Tarkenton to the New York Giants. And when Van Brocklin resigned a few months later, Finks tapped an obscure CFL coach, Bud Grant, to lead the Vikings.

The Bears, who had not won a championship since 1963, hired Finks as general manager and executive vice-president just before the 1974 season. The Bears, under Finks’ leadership, were a playoff team again in 1977 and 1979. He resigned following the 1982 season.

In 1986, Finks signed on with the Saints. In his second season at the helm, the Saints became winners for the first time in their 19-season history. Then, in 1991, the team captured its first-ever division crown. A long-time member of the NFL’s competition committee, Finks also played quarterback and defensive back for the Pittsburgh Steelers, 1949-1955.

the Talking Can
07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Willie Roaf has earned the right do whatever the **** he wants.

The only thing we did for him was waste his talent by saddling him with the worst defense in the history of the NFL.

He played like a hall of famer for us. He played hurt. He doesn't owe us shit.

Rain Man
07-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Chris Coe will go in as a Bronco

Do you think his wife Pam will be his presenter?

Herzig
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I lost all my respect for Roaf when he was injured during the second Raiders game. Instead of being on the sideline with his teammates he sat up in a suite eating nachos. He has no team spirit!!

uuuuhhhhh.....wasn't that Priest Holmes you're talking about instead of Roaf....wasn't that 2 or 3 years ago?

greg63
07-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Who gives a shit?

I left one a while ago. :D

grandllama
07-30-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not even going to read all of this...

Big Willie has his right to go as the team he wants... he'll go in as total accomplishments, just as Marcus did.

If he considers himself a Saint more power to him.

10 > 4 last I checked.

Thig Lyfe
07-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Dammit Carl!!! :cuss:

07-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Who cares. Montana went in as 49er and everybody bitched about that too. The only person that really dissappointed me was Marcus Allen going in as a Raider even though he hated it there.

Joe and Willie both made the right decision.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
it still makes me mad that marcus went in as a raider but oh well

Mr. Flopnuts
07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Dammit Carl!! :cuss:

How could he let Roaf go into the HoF as a Saint. Where are your legendary negotiating skills now King Carl CeePee

What really bothers me is the fact that Carl KNEW in advance that Willie wanted to go in as a Saint and didn't inform all of us in advance, or at least try to find a valuable replacement that would go in as a Chief. I'm sick and tired of this guy running our franchise into the ground. F*ck you Carl, f*ck you.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM
what do you expect. That is vintange king carl. Sell us a pack of lies then pull back the curtain to reveal a carnival of bullshit

beer bacon
07-30-2006, 11:10 PM
what do you expect. That is vintange king carl. Sell us a pack of lies then pull back the curtain to reveal a carnival of bullshit

Carl is on vacation sipping martinis while Roaf prepares to go into the HoF as a Saint. Scott Pioli would never let this happen :mad:

Mr. Flopnuts
07-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Carl is on vacation sipping martinis while Roaf prepares to go into the HoF as a Saint. Scott Pioli would never let this happen :mad:

I agree. Let's bring back Dick Vermeil and make him GM.

greg63
07-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Who cares. Montana went in as 49er and everybody bitched about that too. The only person that really dissappointed me was Marcus Allen going in as a Raider even though he hated it there.

Joe and Willie both made the right decision.

I thought Allen went in as a Chief. :shrug:

grandllama
07-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I thought Allen went in as a Chief. :shrug:

if i remember from the true NFL geeks, you don't go in the HOF as anybody besides yourself....

greg63
07-30-2006, 11:26 PM
if i remember from the true NFL geeks, you don't go in the HOF as anybody besides yourself....

Good point.

Demonpenz
07-30-2006, 11:28 PM
i was sad when marcus put on that raider helmet and was like. I will always be a raider thats why i am going into the HOF as a raider.

grandllama
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
i was sad when marcus put on that raider helmet and was like. I will always be a raider thats why i am going into the HOF as a raider.

cuz al davis threatened to kill his mistress and blame his best friend.

Logical
07-30-2006, 11:53 PM

I agree, it would be nice if he went in as both but I can understand NO being his preference. He has no real ties to KC like he does with NO.

grandllama
07-31-2006, 12:04 AM
I agree, it would be nice if he went in as both but I can understand NO being his preference. He has no real ties to KC like he does with NO.

Agreed, Log, you can't blame Big Willie for wanting to go in as a Saint... now then, didn't we go through this shit with Marcus that you went in as yourself and not as any member of a team?

Logical
07-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Agreed, Log, you can't blame Big Willie for wanting to go in as a Saint... now then, didn't we go through this shit with Marcus that you went in as yourself and not as any member of a team?

I think it is more who you use as speakers and have on the podium with you than, what is actually part of the shrine, when it comes to honoring the team. I believe any team a player played with is listed on the HOF plaque.