PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Turley is listed at 6-5 300lbs on the official roster...........

Kylo Ren
07-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Has anyone seen him in person? Is he up to 300lbs already? I thought it would take him longer to pack on 60 or 70 lbs.

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 07:57 AM
He's following the Ryan Sims diet.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
And Dante is listed at 6'1"

Fire Me Boy!
07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
He was standing on a NY yellowpages.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
I thought it was a Chicago pizza.

DaKCMan AP
07-31-2006, 08:02 AM
If he can reach that weight I'd have no qualms with him at LT.

the Talking Can
07-31-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm 8 feet tall.

I type with my nut sack.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Holthus said this morning that he needs to "gain about 15 pounds". To me that says he's really close...

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Holthus said this morning that he needs to "gain about 15 pounds". To me that says he's really close...
How do you gain weight in training camp?

ChiefsfaninPA
07-31-2006, 08:10 AM
I was looking at the pic of him posted from TC and he looks tall, but he didn't look that heavy. Hopefully he will put it on and be able to play at that weight.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 08:12 AM
How do you gain weight in training camp?HGH

the Talking Can
07-31-2006, 08:14 AM

ask Sims to share some of his...

Kylo Ren
07-31-2006, 08:20 AM
If he can reach that weight I'd have no qualms with him at LT. He's probably our best option at this point. I'd like Svietek to get plenty of playing time in the preseason games and get some spot duty during the season. He might be our future at LT.

Kylo Ren
I'm 8 feet tall.

I type with my nut sack.

Now that is funny! ROFL

Braincase

Obvious...

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 08:22 AM
He's probably our best option at this point. I'd like Svietek to get plenty of playing time in the preseason games and get some spot duty during the season. He might be our future at LT.
I think Turley was signed as an insurance policy for Roaf's retirement. The timeframe is correct and when you add the fact that whole suspension/retirement issue with Welbourne it even makes more sense.

Kylo Ren
07-31-2006, 08:22 AM
I was looking at the pic of him posted from TC and he looks tall, but he didn't look that heavy. Hopefully he will put it on and be able to play at that weight. Our offense requires "athletic" O-lineman who can really "move". So, at 290 - 300, he should be light enough to move and heavy enough to stand his ground............ hopefully.

Kylo Ren
07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
I think Turley was signed as an insurance policy for Roaf's retirement. The timeframe is correct and when you add the fact that whole suspension/retirement issue with Welbourne it even makes more sense. Welbourne is another subject. I hope he comes back and I think he will. Something odd is going on with his "retirement". He's very versitle. He can play both Tackle spots and both Gaurd spots. He's an asset.

jspchief
07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Our offense requires "athletic" O-lineman who can really "move". So, at 290 - 300, he should be light enough to move and heavy enough to stand his ground............ hopefully.Pass blocking requires someone who won't get blown up by big fast DEs.

He may be effective in the running game, but I worry about leverage in the passing game. I can't remember any great LTs that were light, just heavy LTs that moved like they were light.

R&GHomer
07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
Welbourne is another subject. I hope he comes back and I think he will. Something odd is going on with his "retirement". He's very versitle. He can play both Tackle spots and both Gaurd spots. He's an asset.

Well you got the ass part right. Just kidding, Welbourne has a spot on this team, I just wish he'd wash the sand out of his vagina.

JimNasium
07-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Well you got the ass part right. Just kidding, Welbourne has a spot on this team, I just wish he'd wash the sand out of his vagina.
Isn't he in violation of the NFL substance abuse policy?

Kylo Ren
07-31-2006, 08:36 AM
Isn't he in violation of the NFL substance abuse policy? He's "retired" at the moment. But something seems fishy about it.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 08:40 AM
Welbourn isn't officially anything. He says he retired, but he hasn't sent his paperwork to the league office yet.

Mr. Laz
07-31-2006, 08:42 AM
i think we'll notice pretty quickly how realistic the chiefs think the chances of Roaf returning are by how much they commit to finding a replacement.

MOhillbilly
07-31-2006, 08:56 AM
its hard for linemen to gain that much weight, he doesnt look 300 from the pics ive seen.
that said its even more difficult for lineman to maintain there weight once camp gets underway.

sounds like smoke and mirrors.

what else would you expect?

Eleazar
07-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Why don't you go up to river falls and jump in the shower with him?

booger
07-31-2006, 10:43 AM

Havn't had a Holthus update for awhile. I remember his updates were quite frequent last time at this year and I enjoyed them.

Anything of note he has said that might be of interest to any of us?

Thanks in advance.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Havn't had a Holthus update for awhile. I remember his updates were quite frequent last time at this year and I enjoyed them.

Anything of note he has said that might be of interest to any of us?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144637

booger
07-31-2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144637
:) Thanks. Hadn't hit the top of the first page yet.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Why don't you go up to river falls and jump in the shower with him? ROFL

Hammock Parties
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Things would run much more smoothly if we could get Welbourn back. He did play pretty well last year. I'd rather replace one tackle than two.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Things would run much more smoothly if we could get Welbourn back. He did play pretty well last year. I'd rather replace one tackle than two.

It'll be interesting, because Welbourn has basically said he's retiring but hasn't completed any of the necessary paperwork...

MOhillbilly
07-31-2006, 11:34 AM
It'll be interesting, because Welbourn has basically said he's retiring but hasn't completed any of the necessary paperwork...

think he is trying to get outta camp?
Think Roafs comments about his body being shot in pre-season were premeditated?

Dunit35
07-31-2006, 11:40 AM
During an interview with tackle Kyle Turley, it was said that he needs to put on more weight. Being only 280, Turley wants to put on at least five more pounds. “I’d like to put more strength in my legs,” said Turley, who lost most of the muscle mass in his right leg due to a back injury two seasons ago. He said, “Of course I’m sore. It’s training camp!” But other than normal aches and pains, his back hasn’t been bothering him.

this is taken from the training camp website from this mornings practice.

booger
07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
When welbourn first retired the early rumor was over the fact he couldn't get a contract extension, more money.

Then there's also the roid rumor. PFT had an angle to all of it that KC was pissed at JW because they tried to trade him because of contract unhappiness and didn't know of the supposed suspension problem, which made them look bad to teams they tried to trade him to. Of course that is all rumor from PFT.

Either way there has been virtually no comment from the team on his retirment. And i don't see alot of mention of anybody asking him to reconsider at least publically.

ChiefFan31
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
I thought I read something about Welbourne failing another drug test for Roids :shrug:

Would be nice if it wasnt true and he did come back as our starting RT

Also, I think Turley will be fine. I would imagine he is doing what he needs to to gain the weight back, banned substance or not.

I will bet he does add that 15 pounds he needs by the start of the season.

MOhillbilly
07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
I will bet he does add that 15 pounds he needs by the start of the season.

id like to know how 15 pounds of quality mass could be added in that amount of time,during camp and the pre season.

htismaqe
07-31-2006, 11:56 AM
id like to know how 15 pounds of quality mass could be added in that amount of time,during camp and the pre season.

He won't be able to do it during camp. Too hot, too much cardio.

He might be able to do it after they leave UWRF, but it's doubtful.

BIG_DADDY
07-31-2006, 11:57 AM

What are you insuating? Only baseball players take roids dude.

ChiefFan31
07-31-2006, 06:55 PM

I forgot to check on this thread again.

Roids or Growth Hormone is what I'm thinking. He would not be anywhere even remotely close to the only one in the NFL doing that...