PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon practice...

Shootr
07-31-2006, 09:27 PM
First of all, it was freaking hot. Second, they practiced mainly on the middle field, which always sucks because it is difficult to see anything. Here is what I got:

1.We can forget about Siavii. He is a lazy puss. The PUP list guys were working out right in front me about 5 ft away. I could hear everything they were saying. Siavii showed up late, and showed no concern about it. The trainer asked where he had been and he just mumbled. He was in no hurry to catch up with the other guys. He is slow and lethargic, and looks like he could care less. I saw this guy at the gym a month or so ago, and it was the same thing there. I still had hopes for the guy, but not anymore.

2. Earlier I had some harsh opinions on Huard, well as you would imagine, he actually looked pretty good. He made several nice passes including a very nice deep ball to Nathaniel Curry. BTW, Curry is getting quite a few opportunities and is making some plays.

3. Something I forgot to mention about the morning practice was Solari. He spent a lot of time working with the OL in individual drills. I always enjoy watching him work those guys, and it was good to see he is still doing that despite his new title.

That is all i got from the afternoon. I really wanted to watch the DB's and LB's this afternoon, but like i said it was difficult. Hopefully, I can do that tomorrow, but it is supposed to rain all day. I was pretty disappointed with this afternoon. FWIW, if you come to Camp, make sure you check out downtown Hudson. There are some pretty good restaurants. If you like German food, there is a great place.

Bwana
07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks for yet another update Shootr!

ChiefFan31
07-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Like posted in the other thread, thanks again.

Maybe some more on Bell and DJ if you get the chance...

Shootr
07-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Like posted in the other thread, thanks again.

Maybe some more on Bell and DJ if you get the chance...
Thats the goal for tomorrow...

hypersensitiveZO6
07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm headed up there with ferrarispider95.

Wednesday to Sunday.

Where are you staying?

We couldn't find a place in River Falls.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Nice reports!

pr_capone
07-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the update!

Shootr
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM

Wednesday to Sunday.

Where are you staying?

Saturday and Sunday nights we stayed by the Mall of America(the wife is with me). Tonight and tomorrow night we are at the Super 8 in Hudson. It was pretty cheap--$67/night. I like being in Hudson, it is a bigger town and about ten minutes from the practice fields.

hypersensitiveZO6
07-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Saturday and Sunday nights we stayed by the Mall of America(the wife is with me). Tonight and tomorrow night we are at the Super 8 in Hudson. It was pretty cheap--$67/night. I like being in Hudson, it is a bigger town and about ten minutes from the practice fields.

Good deal.

burt
07-31-2006, 09:51 PM
First of all, it was freaking hot. Second, they practiced mainly on the middle field, which always sucks because it is difficult to see anything. Here is what I got:

1.We can forget about Siavii. He is a lazy puss. The PUP list guys were working out right in front me about 5 ft away. I could hear everything they were saying. Siavii showed up late, and showed no concern about it. The trainer asked where he had been and he just mumbled. He was in no hurry to catch up with the other guys. He is slow and lethargic, and looks like he could care less. I saw this guy at the gym a month or so ago, and it was the same thing there. I still had hopes for the guy, but not anymore.

2. Earlier I had some harsh opinions on Huard, well as you would imagine, he actually looked pretty good. He made several nice passes including a very nice deep ball to Nathaniel Curry. BTW, Curry is getting quite a few opportunities and is making some plays.

3. Something I forgot to mention about the morning practice was Solari. He spent a lot of time working with the OL in individual drills. I always enjoy watching him work those guys, and it was good to see he is still doing that despite his new title.

That is all i got from the afternoon. I really wanted to watch the DB's and LB's this afternoon, but like i said it was difficult. Hopefully, I can do that tomorrow, but it is supposed to rain all day. I was pretty disappointed with this afternoon. FWIW, if you come to Camp, make sure you check out downtown Hudson. There are some pretty good restaurants. If you like German food, there is a great place.

Thank You very much for your input.

Sully
07-31-2006, 10:12 PM

Wednesday to Sunday.

Where are you staying?

Shootr is right, Hudson is an alright place to stay. However, the Super 8 in RF usually has a room or two open. Give them a call (don't try on the internet). They may only have a smoking room open, and they reek... but it's a good place to stay, especially if you are going to hang at the River Falls bars. You can drink and not drive 20 miles to get to your bed.

Bell has looked decent. I was saying in the other thread that he seems to be moving better, and has been in and around several plays. He's been great against the run, and when a pass has been into his zone, he has closed pretty quickly. As has been mentioned several times, he even had a pick yesterday.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
07-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Shootr is right, Hudson is an alright place to stay. However, the Super 8 in RF usually has a room or two open. Give them a call (don't try on the internet). They may only have a smoking room open, and they reek... but it's a good place to stay, especially if you are going to hang at the River Falls bars. You can drink and not drive 20 miles to get to your bed.

Bell has looked decent. I was saying in the other thread that he seems to be moving better, and has been in and around several plays. He's been great against the run, and when a pass has been into his zone, he has closed pretty quickly. As has been mentioned several times, he even had a pick yesterday.

The Super 8 in River Falls is also a good place to take an impromptu swim at 4am when you stumble in drunk as hell; the pool is open all night, just walk in strip down to your skivvies and jump on in.

(Not that I know anything about that or anything...... just heard it is good for that.)
:)

Deberg_1990
07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
:

Nice....what a piece of work this turd is. We had two 2nd rounders in 2004 and neither one is going to work out. We could have had Bob Sanders or Michael Boulware. Ok ill just go shoot myself now....

Mecca
07-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice....what a piece of work this turd is. We had two 2nd rounders in 2004 and neither one is going to work out. We could have had Bob Sanders or Michael Boulware. Ok ill just go shoot myself now....

Karlos Dansy and Darnell Dockett..........to bad we don't have them, we could.

Spicy McHaggis
07-31-2006, 10:45 PM
Karlos Dansy and Darnell Dockett..........to bad we don't have them, we could.

Both were of questionable "character". Didn't fit the profile.

munkey
08-01-2006, 04:52 AM

Wednesday to Sunday.

Where are you staying?

Are you going to Mankato for the Viking scrimmage?

Rain Man
08-01-2006, 08:40 AM
The Siavii thing kills me. Why can't someone show any motivation during the narrow window they have to get rich for the rest of their life? Even if you don't like football, work your enormous south Pacific butt off for five years and then live like a king for the next 60.

the Talking Can
08-01-2006, 09:39 AM
please cut Siavii now

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
please cut Siavii now

NO!

Try to float him to the Saints for Michael Bennett first. :D

the Talking Can
08-01-2006, 10:03 AM
NO!

Try to float him to the Saints for Michael Bennett first. :D

I'd buy CP a hooker if pulled that off....I'd even pop for a tranny, just the way he likes it.