PDA

View Full Version : Toyota what? The 2007 Silverado!

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:27 PM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34947

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/scrapbook/original/2376.jpg

http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom-image.asp?/images/scrapbook/original/2377.jpg

You have got to love this new truck! The GMC version is even better if you ask me!

GM’s fuel-saving Active Fuel Management bolsters the trucks’ capability with the segment’s best fuel economy. Highway fuel economy for models equipped with the 5.3L AFM V-8 now are estimated at more than 20 mpg for both 2WD and 4WD models.

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Best-in-class horsepower, towing capability and fuel economy extend GM’s legacy and heritage in full-size trucks

Phobia
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I want the HD Diesel version.

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
GMC Sierra

http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom-image.asp?/images/scrapbook/original/2377.jpg

SPchief
07-31-2006, 10:31 PM
I want the HD Diesel version.

Just make sure you don't take it with you to Mexico.

Phobia
07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Just make sure you don't take it with you to Mexico.
Heh. Yeah. Thanks, I had nearly forgotten about that incident. Now I want a Yukon too.

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
"Recalls Dent Toyota Image"

From the Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...607310359/1148

Quote:
Toyota has come under intense scrutiny as prosecutors in Japan investigate its handling of vehicle defects. Separately, the government told Toyota to review its policy on recalls and respond to the Transport Ministry by Friday.

Ritual apologies are common in Japan, where executives are expected to convey their regret for corporate shortcomings. It's unusual, however, to see executives from Japan's leading industrial company on the defensive. "That was a very big deal in Japan," said Daniel Baum, a Tokyo-based auto analyst.

Just as Toyota is poised to pass General Motors Corp. to become the world's largest automaker, a surge in recalls and the investigation in Japan risk tarnishing the company's sterling reputation for quality.

Watanabe, a former purchasing manager who became CEO a year ago, senses the danger. Toyota has grown into the world's richest and second-largest automaker by offering cars and trucks renowned for their reliability.

"I take this seriously and see it as a crisis," Watanabe said at the company's midyear news conference. "The world-class quality that we've achieved is our lifeline."

As Toyota's expansion turns up pressure on other automakers, rivals are quick to seize on any sign that the formidable Japanese carmaker may be over-reaching.

Industry experts also question whether Toyota can maintain its torrid growth pace without compromising quality.

If the trouble is limited to the recent revelations and recalls, Toyota will ride out this bumpy stretch with little or no damage to its image, analysts say. That's if no more bad news trickles out.

For a company as large as Toyota, which will build close to 9 million vehicles this year, some defects and recalls are inevitable.

But last year, Toyota's recalls in the United States were more than double 2004 levels, even as total industry recalls declined.

This past month alone, the Japanese automaker has recalled more than 1 million vehicles worldwide. Problems range from trim parts that can come loose and fall near the gas pedal of Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX sport utility vehicles to faulty engine parts in Echo compacts.

MORE THAN ONE MILLION IN THE LAST MONTH!

pr_capone
07-31-2006, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes:

tk13
07-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Can we get a firehose on this guy, aisle 7 please.

Spicy McHaggis
07-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Your previous 500 threads on this subject matter did nothing. But this, this is the one that has swayed me into only buying GM products for the rest of my life.

SPchief
07-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Your previous 500 threads on this subject matter did nothing. But this, this is the one that has swayed me into only buying GM products for the rest of my life.

ROFL

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:51 PM

mission accomplished.

Phobia
07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Who cares if the dude posts GM-centric threads? It's not like he's putting money in his pocket for every GM thread. He likes GM. He likes the Chiefs. That's good enough for me.

FWIW, this is coming from a Ford truck driver and toyota owner.

Bugeater
07-31-2006, 10:54 PM
"Recalls Dent Toyota Image"

From the Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...607310359/1148

Quote:
Toyota has come under intense scrutiny as prosecutors in Japan investigate its handling of vehicle defects. Separately, the government told Toyota to review its policy on recalls and respond to the Transport Ministry by Friday.

Ritual apologies are common in Japan, where executives are expected to convey their regret for corporate shortcomings. It's unusual, however, to see executives from Japan's leading industrial company on the defensive. "That was a very big deal in Japan," said Daniel Baum, a Tokyo-based auto analyst.

Just as Toyota is poised to pass General Motors Corp. to become the world's largest automaker, a surge in recalls and the investigation in Japan risk tarnishing the company's sterling reputation for quality.

Watanabe, a former purchasing manager who became CEO a year ago, senses the danger. Toyota has grown into the world's richest and second-largest automaker by offering cars and trucks renowned for their reliability.

"I take this seriously and see it as a crisis," Watanabe said at the company's midyear news conference. "The world-class quality that we've achieved is our lifeline."

As Toyota's expansion turns up pressure on other automakers, rivals are quick to seize on any sign that the formidable Japanese carmaker may be over-reaching.

Industry experts also question whether Toyota can maintain its torrid growth pace without compromising quality.

If the trouble is limited to the recent revelations and recalls, Toyota will ride out this bumpy stretch with little or no damage to its image, analysts say. That's if no more bad news trickles out.

For a company as large as Toyota, which will build close to 9 million vehicles this year, some defects and recalls are inevitable.

But last year, Toyota's recalls in the United States were more than double 2004 levels, even as total industry recalls declined.

This past month alone, the Japanese automaker has recalled more than 1 million vehicles worldwide. Problems range from trim parts that can come loose and fall near the gas pedal of Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX sport utility vehicles to faulty engine parts in Echo compacts.

MORE THAN ONE MILLION IN THE LAST MONTH!
Meanwhile, GM has been building crappy cars for over 30 years.

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Who cares if the dude posts GM-centric threads? It's not like he's putting money in his pocket for every GM thread. He likes GM. He likes the Chiefs. That's good enough for me.

i just think they are pretty sweet trucks, and I care about America....

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Meanwhile, GM has been building crappy cars for over 30 years.

oh well, GM's stock has doubled in 10 months, so someone must believe in them.

Demonpenz
07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
something about the bed panel or the color makes me think of the f 150 my friend has

Demonpenz
07-31-2006, 10:58 PM
he is actually on this board too

recxjake
07-31-2006, 10:59 PM
he is actually on this board too

well its a truck, they can't reinvent the thing,they can only make it better, and they did that

pr_capone
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
i just think they are pretty sweet trucks, and I care about America....

No real need to call into question ones love of their country just because they dont like American made car... is there?

BTW

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/workplace/100_news/120_news/oshawa_051905.html

GM's Oshawa #1 is Most Productive Assembly Plant in North America
GM Leads seven of 13 segments; three out of top five assembly plants overall

Most improved manufacturer for last five years; improves 22 percent

DETROIT (June 3, 2005) – The General Motors Corp. Oshawa #1 plant in Ontario, Canada is the most productive vehicle assembly plant in North America, according to “The Harbour Report North America 2005.”

If they really loved America, they would only build in America.

RealSNR
07-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Doesn't the Tacoma get 22-25?

recxjake
07-31-2006, 11:06 PM
No real need to call into question ones love of their country just because they dont like American made car... is there?

BTW

http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/workplace/100_news/120_news/oshawa_051905.html

If they really loved America, they would only build in America.

These are made in Texas, last i checked that was America.

84% of GM parts are made in America, much higher then everyone else

recxjake
07-31-2006, 11:08 PM

no.

Mileage Estimates (mpg city/highway) [8]
V6 6-speed manual 17/22 17/22 NA
V6 5-speed automatic 18/22 18/22 NA
V8 5-speed automatic 16/18 16/18 16/18

Moooo
07-31-2006, 11:41 PM
That's a cool Truck, but its no Ridgeline...

I also like the Titan.

Moooo, who declares no patriotism in capitalism

listopencil
07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
I just bought myself an Adobe.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/pics/86dadobe.jpg

It was only $179.

Moooo
07-31-2006, 11:59 PM
The ridgeline is retarded looking. It's not a truck, it's an abortion.

The Titan's nice, but, I can't justify a 5.6L engine.

I don't care what a truck looks like... If a want an automobile that looks good I'll get a nice car. If I want something capable, I'll get a truck.

And I don't think it looks any different than the Avalanche...

Moooo

Moooo
08-01-2006, 12:00 AM
I just bought myself an Adobe.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/pics/86dadobe.jpg

It was only $179.

That was the VERY first SNL skit I saw... Good stuff!

That, and "bouncey fun ball!"

Moooo

burt
08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
I buy trucks for utility as well. Which is why I'm not interested in some retarded blend design garbage.

It doesn't look any different than the Avalanche. And the Avalanche has been stupid for years.

and you are still a douche bag.

luv
08-01-2006, 12:04 AM
and you are still a douche bag.
I think you should contain the love to one thread.

Demonpenz
08-01-2006, 12:05 AM
avalanch got alittle better when they took the plastic off. "Alittle" key word

Moooo
08-01-2006, 12:07 AM
I buy trucks for utility as well. Which is why I'm not interested in some retarded blend design garbage.

It doesn't look any different than the Avalanche. And the Avalanche has been stupid for years.

I'm agreeing with you, if I had to have a truck based on looks it'd be a 72 C/10. But I still stand by the Titan. Liters mean nothing to me, it's all about torque and gas mileage, and 380 pound feet an 18 on the highway seem sufficient if I NEED a truck and aren't just getting one cause they're "tuff looking."

Moooo

Logical
08-01-2006, 12:08 AM
i just think they are pretty sweet trucks, and I care about America....If you cared about America you would not be pushing any kind of vehicle and would be pushing mass transit and investing in alterate energy sources.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I don't need a truck... I just think it's convenient having a bed. If I wanna move a couch or something, I don't have to borrow someone else's. I don't own a boat or anything, so an engine that big is just a drain on my wallet.

True.

I just don't like trucks, they're a very inefficient vehicle by design. You take away seating (which they've made huge strides in the last few years), build something that will have to have a lot of power to work, and also make the most non-aerodynamic thing on the face of the earth, in a tailgate.

I am all for having the luxury to have one to do things, but as far as I'm concerned a person would be a LOT better off buying one about 15 years old to be used on occasion and still driving around a car that gets 30+mpg, than to buy something like even what I mentioned and drive it every day.

Moooo

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 05:01 AM

Because his pro-GM threads are thinly-veiled political propaganda.

Look at comments made after you posted this, regarding him "caring about America."

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Jake,

I'm not gonna keep warning you. If you want to post an INFORMATIONAL post about the new Silverado, feel free.

Leave the propaganda out of it, or I WILL get rid of it.

penguinz
08-01-2006, 06:09 AM
It is a GM. Might as well just push it off a cliff.

skids1619
08-01-2006, 06:28 AM
nice truck

burt
08-01-2006, 07:30 AM
I think you should contain the love to one thread.

Okay dokey!!!! Will do.

Lzen
08-01-2006, 07:37 AM

My FIL has a 1997 Tacoma. He says it gets 18mpg. And they are only 4 cylinders last I knew.

Lzen
08-01-2006, 07:39 AM

I agree. Well except that I bought my truck for both style and utility. :)

sedated
08-01-2006, 07:40 AM
when will recxjake's dad get laid off?

maybe that will stop all this garbage

Lzen
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
no.

Mileage Estimates (mpg city/highway) [8]
V6 6-speed manual 17/22 17/22 NA
V6 5-speed automatic 18/22 18/22 NA
V8 5-speed automatic 16/18 16/18 16/18

Is that the mpg estimates of the Tacoma? Or perhaps you posted the mpg estimates of the Tundra?
:hmmm:

penguinz
08-01-2006, 07:42 AM
My FIL has a 1997 Tacoma. He says it gets 18mpg. And they are only 4 cylinders last I knew.
They also make a 6cyl Tacoma.

penguinz
08-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Here are the fuel economy ratings for the Tacoma.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7451/picture1gj0.th.png (http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1gj0.png)

Lzen
08-01-2006, 07:54 AM
They also make a 6cyl Tacoma.

Yeah, I guess they did make a 6cyl Tacoma in 1997, as well. And I can only find 4s and 6s in the 2006 model year. He posted mpg for 6cyls and 8 cyls. I'm guessing those were for the Tundra.

recxjake
08-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Is that the mpg estimates of the Tacoma? Or perhaps you posted the mpg estimates of the Tundra?
:hmmm:

oops, yes, that was the tundra.... i did that because thats the same size as the silverado... the colorado and tacomoa are the same size

Saulbadguy
08-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't like pick up trucks.

StcChief
08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
I'd still drive a Tacoma before a Cheby Truck

Brock
08-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I love my 48 Chevy pickup. I'm trying to figure out how to put a Toyota V6 in it.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 08:11 AM
I love my 48 Chevy pickup. I'm trying to figure out how to put a Toyota V6 in it.

Somewhere, a tear rolls down rex's cheek...

Moooo

recxjake
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Somewhere, a tear rolls down rex's cheek...

Moooo

nah, i look at beauty of this new truck, and nothing anyone says can stop it.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 08:27 AM

So, you like them because of their asthetic appeal???

Moooo

recxjake
08-01-2006, 08:29 AM
So, you like them because of their asthetic appeal???

Moooo

I'm getting one

Moooo
08-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm getting one

I'll take that as a yes...

Is there any reason you hate Fords and Chryslers?

Moooo

morphius
08-01-2006, 08:39 AM
It's okay to love your truck, just don't L O V E your truck.

recxjake
08-01-2006, 09:37 AM
I'll take that as a yes...

Is there any reason you hate Fords and Chryslers?

Moooo

I like Ford and Chryslers, I dislike Toyota and Honda

pr_capone
08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
I like Ford and Chryslers, I dislike Toyota and Honda

Gotta love those "American Brands"... yeah, the ones that are mostly made in Mexico.

I dont have a personal dislike of GM products... hell, I drive one now. Your constant equating of owning an American brand car with ones love for their country and patriotism is wearing thin though.