PDA

View Full Version : Nick Saban turned down dinner with the President...lol

Moooo
08-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I just heard this on ESPN. This makes me laugh, I mean, as the president you'd think when you call someone up and wanna make plans they'll say yes. But sure enough, you get burnt by a 2-year coach...

:)

Moooo

Basileus777
08-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Nice. I'd take football over Bush anyday as well.

Here is a link for those interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtPhLhI8MNJJqosHMp5T.5NDubYF?slug=ap-dolphins-bush-saban&prov=ap&type=lgns

RealSNR
08-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Dedicated to his job.

Really, even if you totally hate president Bush, I can't see how anyone would turn down an offer to have dinner with him.

CosmicPal
08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Dedicated to his job.

Really, even if you totally hate president Bush, I can't see how anyone would turn down an offer to have dinner with him.

Maybe he was serving Rocky Mountain Oysters? :shrug:

Moooo
08-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Dedicated to his job.

Its kinda on the same level as having tea with the queen. If she asks... YOU GO!

Moooo

Logical
08-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Dedicated to his job.

Really, even if you totally hate president Bush, I can't see how anyone would turn down an offer to have dinner with him.True enough, I mean how often do you get the chance to tell the President he is an asshat over dinner?

Imon Yourside
08-01-2006, 01:41 AM
True enough, I mean how often do you get the chance to tell the President he is an asshat over dinner?

Once and then your never heard from again! ROFL

DaneMcCloud
08-01-2006, 01:47 AM
I think this was a totally uncool move on Saban's part. Whether or not you agree or disagree with the current President's political stance, IT'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

Intelligent people (and from now on, that won't include Saban) throughout history have dined together, regardless of country or idealolgy. That's what makes a society and it's also what makes history.

Saban is the only "asshat" in this scenario, IMO.

Logical
08-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Once and then your never heard from again! ROFLLOL probably

Moooo
08-01-2006, 01:52 AM
I think this was a totally uncool move on Saban's part. Whether or not you agree or disagree with the current President's political stance, IT'S THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

Intelligent people (and from now on, that won't include Saban) throughout history have dined together, regardless of country or idealolgy. That's what makes a society and it's also what makes history.

Saban is the only "asshat" in this scenario, IMO.

He said it was schedule and not a agreement or disagreement of politics.

I think dinner with the Pres has nothing to do with politics. Its not like you're gonna change his mind talking to him.

Moooo

CosmicPal
08-01-2006, 01:54 AM

I think dinner with the Pres has nothing to do with politics. Its not like you're gonna change his mind talking to him.

Moooo

Agree.

Saban's responsibility is to the team- and with training camp going on now, every day counts. I don't care for Saban, but I would think if I was a head coach starting training camp, I would decline the visit too.

Garcia Bronco
08-01-2006, 02:18 AM
It's like asking Santa Clause to dinner on the 23rd

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 06:12 AM

Saban would be the only intelligent one at the table.

Coach
08-01-2006, 06:16 AM
It's like asking Santa Clause to dinner on the 23rd

Hmm.. gee Garcia, how can I say this.... hmmm... I regret to inform you that there is no Santa.

:p

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Saban would be the only intelligent one at the table.

Wow, little did I know how true my statement was.

Those who were at dinner:

Bush, Marino, Buoniconti, Mandich (douche), Jim Kick, Andy Garcia, Mario Kreutzberger and their wives.

All geniouses ;)

The only intelligent guests, Saban & Jason Taylor, declined.

patteeu
08-01-2006, 08:09 AM
The last two people I remember snubbing the president were Greg Wesley and Kawika Mitchell, two years ago. They both went on to have horrible years. Wesley has never really recovered although it's good to see that Kawika rebounded last season.

Saulbadguy
08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Dedicated to his job.

Who would pick up the tab?

Moooo
08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Who would pick up the tab?

The American public... We always do...

Moooo

hawkchief
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
"Hello, Mr. Saban, this is the IRS calling.........."

DaneMcCloud
08-01-2006, 09:51 AM

Moooo

Exactly. It's probably a once in a lifetime event. So why not clear the schedule and go?

Personally, I wouldn't care who was President. Just a chance to dine with him would be cool enough for me.

sedated
08-01-2006, 09:57 AM
I would go just to see DC and the White House, and all that sh!t.

F*ck wasting time to eat with Bush, I wouldn't want to spend 5 seconds with that jackass, no matter what title his little brother helped him steal.

StcChief
08-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Timing is everything. Bush and his worker bees should know about Football season /TC etc. 3 weeks ago would have been better or pick his Bye Week.

ChiefFripp
08-01-2006, 11:02 AM
I'd never pass up a chance to sniff coke of Laura Bush's tits in the Oval Office! What was Saban thinking?