PDA

View Full Version : Dalton: Bringing out the Animal

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 11:51 AM
By Nick Athan

Chiefs’ defensive tackle Lional Dalton signed a new contract this off-season, and he’s looking to give the team his best in 2006 and beyond. With a new head coach and defensive line coach by his side, Dalton is ready to wreak havoc on opposing offenses.

After shopping his services around the league in March, Dalton realized that there was no place like home. That was in Kansas City, where he’s been a fixture in the middle of the Chiefs defense since 2004.

For those who don’t know Dalton, he’s a fun-loving guy who is all business on the football field. And that business is to occupy the middle of the line of scrimmage alongside Ryan Sims. Their job is to force opponents to concentrate on using the center and both guards so the Chiefs’ outside pass rushers have a more direct path to the quarterback.

Nothing will be more important to the Chiefs defensive fortunes this season than the play of Dalton’s line mates. The players on the inside don’t get much publicity, but they set the tone at the point of attack. How well they play will determine how the rest of the defense fares this season.

Dalton has been impressive in training camp so far. He’s clogging the middle and doing a good job of forcing running backs to go outside, where the linebackers are in position to make tackles and prevent long gains.

There is no question the defense is ahead of the offense at this point in training camp. Dalton realizes it’s early, but he knows what he needs to do to improve.

“I’m just trying to get better, and trying not make the same mistakes twice,” said Dalton. “My conditioning is getting better, and when you’re in better shape you can be more active on the field. That’s when you can give 100 percent on the field and you can start having fun. That’s when your true animal comes out.”

That attitude is why the Chiefs signed Dalton to a long-term deal in the Spring. He’s always been a productive player, and his energy level is contagious. He’s also a leader and this season he has a better defensive coaching staff around him. New defensive line coach Tim Krumrie has made a big impression on Dalton.

“He’s played 12 years in the league, so we respect what he says as a player and a coach,” said Dalton. “He’s intense. There’s no slacking around him. He really gets us going on the field.”

And that’s the key for Dalton and Sims this year. Krumrie is a passionate and determined coach. He’s the perfect man to teach the Chiefs defensive linemen, and that’s exactly what he does every day. Chiefs Head Coach Herman Edwards has every position coach spend 20 minutes with their respective players, and he believes these sessions will pay off in the long run.

He might be right, because the defensive line appears to be more focused than in years past. If they buy into the new defensive schemes designed by defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham, Dalton could have a monster season.

Dalton’s best characteristic is that he’s a veteran who still has plenty left in the tank. He doesn’t need a kick in the pants, and he’s willing to be a leader.

But training camp isn’t easy for anyone. Talent alone won’t get you through the grind of two-a-days. Dalton said that it’s important to be mentally tough so you can work your way through the preseason.

If the rest of the defense can handle that aspect of Camp Edwards, Dalton and his ten friends might find themselves destroying anyone who gets in their way once the regular season starts.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-01-2006, 12:00 PM
great. more warpaint articles

[Phobia] blah blah blah...Warpaint Sucks...blah blah subscription [Phobia]

[Gochiefs] yep...blah blah blah...so does Athan [Gochiefs]

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Nick is such a pansy.

After shopping his services around the league in March, Dalton realized that there was no place like home.

WTF is that?

If he had any balls, it would have read:

After shopping his services around the league in March, Dalton realized that he just wasn't good enough to get paid.

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Wow...Im guessing that was worth at least $2.00, where do I send the check? Do Premium Members get this on a daily basis?

chief2000
08-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I want to know how the free agent Dtackles are looking.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 12:23 PM
ahh skeet skeet EXXXCLUSIVE!!!!!1111onewon111

chop
08-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I stopped reading at Nick Athan.

I'm not a Nick Athan basher but I don't believe anything he writes.

I'm not a Whitlock fan either. I occasionally still read his articles but I try to avoid his also.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 12:26 PM
I stopped reading at Nick Athan.

I'm not a Nick Athan basher but I don't believe anything he writes.

You should keep reading. It's a solid article. I like the quotes from Dalton...he has a great attitude.

CoMoChief
08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
You should keep reading. It's a solid article. I like the quotes from Dalton...he has a great attitude.

Attitude doesnt get you anywhere if you dont have any talent to back it up.

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Not a bad article. Hard to say "Good", but definitely not bad. I still throw up a little when I see his name.

Maybe he should consider writing under a pseudonym.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Sycophant.

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Why does this thread have a rexjake feel too it?

Baby Lee
08-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe he should consider writing under a pseudonym.
I honestly glossed past the author without noticing, but by the time I got to the line htis quoted above, my mental image was;

Author: "mmmppphh, mmmphhhh, gwaahhhckk . . . not in the hair Mr. Dalton."

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I honestly glossed past the author without noticing, but by the time I got to the line htis quoted above, my mental image was;

Author: "mmmppphh, mmmphhhh, gwaahhhckk . . . not in the hair Mr. Dalton."
Phil told me that Nick likes it on the face.

morphius
08-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Odd that I haven't heard anyone talking about Dalton at all from the TC reports. Is he actually playing well, or is Nick just writing fluff for word count to get to the quotes?

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Odd that I haven't heard anyone talking about Dalton at all from the TC reports. Is he actually playing well, or is Nick just writing fluff for word count to get to the quotes?
Athan is the Chiefs' official fluffer.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Attitude doesnt get you anywhere if you dont have any talent to back it up.

Precisely.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I think Dalton has plenty of talent. He'll be the starter again this year.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 12:58 PM

With any luck, he'll be 2nd string along with John Browning.

Sims easily has more talent, as does Ron Edwards. They just have to stay healthy.

08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
With any luck, he'll be 2nd string along with John Browning.

Sims easily has more talent, as does Ron Edwards. They just have to stay healthy.
I wouldn't mind seeing Browning gone. I know Wilkerson has been non-existant since he was drafted, but I think he would replace Browning just fine

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Browning gone. I know Wilkerson has been non-existant since he was drafted, but I think he would replace Browning just fine

Keep f'n doubting John Browning

Inspector
08-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Why does this thread have a rexjake feel too it?

I think Dalton drives a GMC truck.

And he hates Toyota.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
For those who don’t know Dalton, he’s a fun-loving guy who is all business on the football field. And that business is to occupy the middle of the line of scrimmage alongside Ryan Sims. .
does this information really tell you who dalton is.

i mean wtf is that!?

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
i don't necessarily want browning gone ...

i just want our talent level to put Browning where he belongs ... as depth.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Wow...Im guessing that was worth at least $2.00, where do I send the check? Do Premium Members get this on a daily basis?

HAHAHAHAHAHA. It's a free article. You don't have to pay anything. HAHAHAHA, but that premium membership stuff is really funny.

I don't know if you're aware but Warpaint staff is actually AT Training Camp. It costs money to cover the Chiefs. I still find it surprising that people would begrudge us trying to make a buck to cover our expenses and put a meal on the table. Certainly none of us are making a living doing it, but I'd rather not spend all my own money to bring you more Chiefs coverage.

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. It's a free article. You don't have to pay anything. HAHAHAHA, but that premium membership stuff is really funny.

I don't know if you're aware but Warpaint staff is actually AT Training Camp. It costs money to cover the Chiefs. I still find it surprising that people would begrudge us trying to make a buck to cover our expenses and put a meal on the table. Certainly none of us are making a living doing it, but I'd rather not spend all my own money to bring you more Chiefs coverage.

Yet we have posters who take vacations with their families to watch training camp...AT Training Camp. They are kind enough to report back to us with better takes and more insight. I suppose we should reimburse their expenses too.

You guys have your website and do your thing and that's great. I choose not to subscribe or visit, and that's great. If I wanted to read a free fluff article that lack substance, then I'd visit WPI's free section. Goatcheese doesn't need to post it here.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
great. more warpaint articles

[Phobia] blah blah blah...Warpaint Sucks...blah blah subscription [Phobia]

I've never pressured anybody to buy a subscription nor have I even mentioned a subscription without being questioned about it first. I don't really care about subscriptions. I really don't. I don't think subscriptions are our bread and butter.

I just want people to acknowledge that Warpaint is a whole lot more than Nick Athan because I understand the Athan hate and I'll even go so far as to say it's well deserved. There are a dozen other hard working writers on staff who are worthy of being read and discussed.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Yet we have posters who take vacations with their families to watch training camp...AT Training Camp. They are kind enough to report back to us with better takes and more insight. I suppose we should reimburse their expenses too.

You can't be serious.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I've never pressured anybody to buy a subscription nor have I even mentioned a subscription without being questioned about it first. I don't really care about subscriptions. I really don't. I don't think subscriptions are our bread and butter.

I just want people to acknowledge that Warpaint is a whole lot more than Nick Athan because I understand the Athan hate and I'll even go so far as to say it's well deserved. There are a dozen other hard working writers on staff who are worthy of being read and discussed.
seriously ... all this smack wouldn't be posted if we hadn't gotten all the wpi spam stuff for awhile there.

it's like posting a thread title "let this thread drop" ..... you know it's going for 100.

now it's just a novelty to do so ... you were here long enough to know that.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 01:46 PM

But you haven't hired me yet...

Good day, sir.

Moooo

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 01:47 PM
But you haven't hired me yet...

Good day, sir.

Moooo

:LOL:

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2006, 01:50 PM

I agree with you Phil. There's a lot more on WPI that's not Athan, and for the most part, it's good stuff. I think people begrudge WPI mainly because you charge people for content that is available other places for free, and maybe you should consider charging subscription rates for the people who want the magazine. The KC Star charges people for the newspaper, but the content is all online. Maybe your website could make money by selling ad space.

:shrug:

Another problem many have is the association with Athan -- he's dug his own grave, as you admit. As such, if he wants a lot of people to take him seriously, he NEEDS to make someone else the face of WPI. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I do want to reiterate, though, for my fellow Planeteers... there is a lot more than just Athan (I could be wrong, but I think he writes less than he used to, THANK GOD). I've said on this board and will say again (with the understanding that people will probably start saying I'm on Athan's payroll) that the content there is a LOT better than it used to be.

I'll also reiterate I don't think you should charge people for the content that's online.

vailpass
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM

Why should anyone here have to acknowledge anything related to whoretaint or any other site? How are statements like yours, blatant efforts at recruiting visitors/members to your site, NOT spam?

And I have to know: who in their right mind adds a complete dweeb, a never touched a football in his life 30 year old virgin, to a football site and expects to have any credibility whatsoever?

Fire Me Boy!
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
And I have to know: who in their right mind adds a complete dweeb, a never touched a football in his life 30 year old virgin, to a football site and expects to have any credibility whatsoever?
Uh... there's a lot of sports writers who never touched a football before that have a TON of knowledge. Now I'm not saying GC has a ton of knowledge -- I wouldn't know, just saying you don't have to have played to be able to write about it and have credibility. Virginity figures NOWHERE in this.

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
You can't be serious.

Honestly, Phil. I've seen a dozen posts here and a dozen more on your BB that have more insight than this article about Dalton...

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
who in their right mind adds a complete dweeb, a never touched a football in his life 30 year old virgin, to a football site?

Hugo Guzman of realfootball365.com, that's who!

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
By Nick Athan

Nothing will be more important to the Chiefs defensive fortunes this season than the play of Dalton’s line mates. Why is Dalton's play less important than the others on the defensive line?

KCTitus
08-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I think my decision to relentlessly ridicule and lampoon the Premium Members came after the Will Shields retired BS that Phil pushed and spammed the BB on. I lost a lot of respect (well Ok, pretty much all) for Phobia that day.

So, yes, it's funny and dont think for one minute Im going to let up anytime soon.

Eleazar
08-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm sure there are good people working at warpaint. But this is the usual Athan tripe. Pretty much any fan could have written it, there's no special information or insight here.

Without the (two) quotes you can't even tell that the writer has been at camp. And who knows where those were from? All that a person would need to put this article together would be to see these two quotes in other media.

You never see any expertise in Athan's stuff. You could write these articles about Dalton in your Madden '06 season. There's no sourcing, no support for statements made, no stats, just... no meat. No personalities, none of the human side of the sport.

Like all off Athan's stuff, it reads like a BSing on a high school essay question.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Why should anyone here have to acknowledge anything related to whoretaint or any other site? How are statements like yours, blatant efforts at recruiting visitors/members to your site, NOT spam?

Are you talking about Gochiefs? Gochiefs, the dude who has several years of editing experience at his college newspaper - the dude with impeccable grammar and spelling? That guy has been great for Warpaint. I wish we had 20 of him.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry you folks don't like it. Someone (not me) posted it over at Wild Bill's site, and it was well-accepted. Because of that, I posted it over here.

Moooo
08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry you folks don't like it. Someone (not me) posted it over at Wild Bill's site, and it was well-accepted. Because of that, I posted it over here.

I never thought I'd see someone get upset over new info. Even if its something you've heard before, it's still new info!

Moooo

vailpass
08-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Are you talking about Gochiefs? Gochiefs, the dude who has several years of editing experience at his college newspaper - the dude with impeccable grammar and spelling? That guy has been great for Warpaint. I wish we had 20 of him.
ROFL ROFL OMFG. I guess maybe the things the guy posts police records about you says are true. If you will go to these depths for a buck what else won't you do?
Wow.

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Why is Dalton's play less important than the others on the defensive line?Anyone? Go Chiefs?

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Vailpass...you really need to get over it.

I've been hired by not one, but TWO football websites. I must be doing SOMETHING right.

How many do you work for?

Phobia
08-01-2006, 02:07 PM
You guys have your website and do your thing and that's great. I choose not to subscribe or visit, and that's great. If I wanted to read a free fluff article that lack substance, then I'd visit <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>'s free section. Goatcheese doesn't need to post it here.

I didn't have an opportunity to respond to your edited paragraph so here goes:

If you have some grievance about free training camp coverage being posted on ChiefsPlanet then I presume that you'll also be complaining about any information being posted from the Star, WHB, 61 Sports, Metro Sports, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, CNN, SI, or any other outlet who might be covering Training Camp since you can also visit their websites to view their free articles.

Eleazar
08-01-2006, 02:07 PM

I've been hired by not one, but TWO football websites. I must be doing SOMETHING right.

:rolleyes:

Phobia
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
ROFL ROFL OMFG. I guess maybe the things the guy posts police records about you says are true. If you will go to these depths for a buck what else won't you do?
Wow.
I haven't made a nickel from gochiefs participation. He's a valuable member of our team though.

DaKCMan AP
08-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I didn't have an opportunity to respond to your edited paragraph so here goes:

If you have some grievance about free training camp coverage being posted on ChiefsPlanet then I presume that you'll also be complaining about any information being posted from the Star, WHB, 61 Sports, Metro Sports, NBC, CBS, Fox, ESPN, CNN, SI, or any other outlet who might be covering Training Camp since you can also visit their websites to view their free articles.

I have no qualms about free articles or information. Now, as I wrote, "a free fluff article that lacks substance," I would rather not have here.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Honestly, Phil. I've seen a dozen posts here and a dozen more on your BB that have more insight than this article about Dalton...

I don't begrudge anyone's dislike of Athan but how many people posted about Dalton after actually speaking with him. You might not like Athan or his writing but he's sharing actual quotes from the guy. Who else has that right now?

Moooo
08-01-2006, 02:11 PM
I don't begrudge anyone's dislike of Athan but how many people posted about Dalton after actually speaking with him. You might not like Athan or his writing but he's sharing actual quotes from the guy. Who else has that right now?

I could do that, if you'd get me a job... I'll find him.

Moooo

htismaqe
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM

I don't really dislike Athan, I'm not nearly as vocal as some here. I do think he's charging people for stuff they can get elsewhere, but I don't really blame him so much as I blame them for falling for it.

That being said, who cares who else has that right now? He sat down with one of the players and got NOTHING of substance from that player.

There's no insight in that article, it's a mush-mouth feel-good piece.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 02:38 PM
We'll consider publishing anybody who can write an interesting article. Submit a sample article.

Archie Bunker
08-01-2006, 02:42 PM
The problem I have with <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> is not so much Nick as much as it is the lack of good posters. Basically they sit around and wait for Nick, Nuge, or Mike to tell them what to think. Its just boring.

jspchief
08-01-2006, 02:52 PM
It's a fluff piece about a player that's not exactly marquee. I'm not sure what type of response you guys expected to get here.

That being said, the first phrase in the thread is "by Nick Athan". Anyone that opened the thread or kept reading after that needs to examine their own actions. No one forced you to read it, and it certainly didn't cost anything more than the few seconds that you spend on countless worthless posts on this site everyday.

We'll consider publishing anybody who can write an interesting article. Submit a sample article.
Would you consider a non-homer perspective? I think WPI needs an injection of the cloudy side of Chiefs football.

vailpass
08-01-2006, 02:56 PM

ROFL Oh are we gonna' start comparing football chops there Draven? Are you SURE you want to go down that road?

The kid is so nerd central he doesn't even know it.

|Zach|
08-01-2006, 02:58 PM
This article isn't really that great which is dissapointing because there are a ton of articles there that are...

Nudges training camp blog has been fantastic. Great info...

vailpass
08-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I haven't made a nickel from gochiefs participation. He's a valuable member of our team though.

Enjoy that. Thank God those are words I will never have to say in association with any venture I undertake. That's when you know you are going no place fast.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm baffled at why Phil feels the need to defend WPI at a site that's so inconsequential that they don't send "staff" to River Falls. WTF is going on here? Let it go Phil. You've made your move and I wish you the best but don't let us bastards get you down.

dirk digler
08-01-2006, 03:10 PM
You can't be serious.

You wait until I show up on Thursday... :harumph:

Kotter gives very good insight as well.

ChiefFan31
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Free Post

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Would you consider a non-homer perspective? I think <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> needs an injection of the cloudy side of Chiefs football.

You should read the magazine. That's where my stuff gets published. I'll have more on the website once the season starts.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
ROFL Oh are we gonna' start comparing football chops there Draven? Are you SURE you want to go down that road?

I don't really care. I'm sure I was hired because they were looking for a football moron.

jspchief
08-01-2006, 03:14 PM
You should read the magazine. That's where my stuff gets published. I'll have more on the website once the season starts.I get the magazine, but rarely read much of it.

I do think I read one of your articles from an issue or two ago.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Cool. Make sure you check out your September issue closely...we've got a new writer that many of our readers are going to love. In fact...most of you already enjoy his work.

dirk digler
08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Cool. Make sure you check out your September issue closely...we've got a new writer that many of our readers are going to love. In fact...most of you already enjoy his work.

Is the magazine free?

jspchief
08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Cool. Make sure you check out your September issue closely...we've got a new writer that many of our readers are going to love. In fact...most of you already enjoy his work.Heh. Skimming over it, I already like it.

jspchief
08-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Is the magazine free?No.

But I don't pay for it.

MOhillbilly
08-01-2006, 03:19 PM
the more i read about this krumrie the more i like him.
seems old school, i like that. wonder if he teaches to wrap up and 'POP GONADS OUT'?
lets hope this 'fire' translates to sloberknocking linemen come gametime.

08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Gochiefs, I have a random question. Were you told by WPI to stop Germ Warfare? was it bad for subscriptions?

dirk digler
08-01-2006, 03:20 PM
No.

But I don't pay for it.

Thanks. I never seen it.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Gochiefs, I have a random question. Were you told by <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> to stop Germ Warfare? was it bad for subscriptions?

ROFL

I doubt anyone at WPI even knows about that. It was dumb, so I stopped.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Is the magazine free?

No. It's not cheap, either, because we don't have a massive circulation. The subscription price is only a little cheaper than picking one up from a news stand in KC.

jspchief
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks. I never seen it.It's largely fluff, and being a monthly publication, you won't find any earth shattering news in it. A lot of the writing is pretty poor too. It's just not stuff that draws you in.

It is a decent source for stories that delve deeper into individual players, albeit usually more of the Lional Daltons than the star players.

If the money came out of my pocket, I wouldn't get it.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Our most recent issue had an exclusive one-on-one interview with Herm Edwards.

The other articles included:

1. A rundown of the 12 most dangerous players the Chiefs will face this year.

2. A feature on Kendall Gammon. Has info about his book and his NFL story.

3. Fantasy draft guide.

4. Steve Murray's AFC West Report

5. A feature on Kawika Mitchell...very in-depth, and has some great quotes from Gunther and Kawika.

6. My column.

7. The debut of our award-winning columnist. He's an outstanding writer.

8. A tailgating recipe by Phil.

MOhillbilly
08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Our most recent issue had an exclusive one-on-one interview with Herm Edwards.

whats this 'our' shit?

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 03:36 PM
whats this 'our' shit?

"Our" as in "the collective output of 'our' staff at Warpaint Illustrated."

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 03:38 PM
6. My column.

This is the number one reason I would never spend a dime on that rag.

HemiEd
08-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Free Entertainment, gotta love it!
Who knows, we may see GoChiefs on "Sports Reporters" someday, could happen.

KcMizzou
08-01-2006, 03:55 PM
ROFL

I doubt anyone at <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> even knows about that. It was dumb, so I stopped.
That's refreshing.

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Why is Dalton's play less important than the others on the defensive line?Go Chiefs, ask Athan about this.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
It's not. It should read "Dalton and his linemates."

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I'll take "Sports reporters who are living in their parents basement" for $1000, Alex.

vailpass
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
I'll take "Sports reporters who are living in their parents basement" for $1000, Alex.

ROFL

CoMoChief
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM

I think he sucks. All of our DL that were previously on this team before this season suck with the exception of Carlos Hall whos been injured but is good when he was in and Jared Allen for obvious reasons. Personally I hope Reed or Edwards make it into the other starting DT slot becuase hopefully Sims gets his shit together and stays healthy. I'm also optimistic on Hali.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Carlos Hall hasn't done shit in a KC uniform compared to Jelly. Dalton's been our rock in the middle of the D-line for two seasons.

CoMoChief
08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Carlos Hall hasn't done shit in a KC uniform compared to Jelly. Dalton's been our rock in the middle of the D-line for two seasons.

If you're responding to my post, I must have to disagree with you. Carlos Hall has played well and better than any of our DE's not named Allen when he's been in there healthy.

Mecca
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Carlos Hall plays well when he plays........it's just well he gets hurt all the time.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
...he had 10 tackles and 1 sack.

For a guy that played in 14 games, that's pathetic.

Mr. Laz
08-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm baffled at why Phil feels the need to defend <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> at a site that's so inconsequential that they don't send "staff" to River Falls. WTF is going on here? Let it go Phil. You've made your move and I wish you the best but don't let us bastards get you down.
he does it because it bumps the thread up and gets the whorepaint name more exposure at the biggest chiefs forum there is.

no bad PR etc

CoMoChief
08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
...he had 10 tackles and 1 sack.

For a guy that played in 14 games, that's pathetic.

And how much did he play in those 14 games due to injuries and such

Not only that but the coaches have such a boner for Hicks it makes me wanna spew. Yes I said spew.

the Talking Can
08-01-2006, 05:25 PM
everytime I think I've seen the last thread full of whining WPI employees spamming this board.....

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
The people whining are Chiefsplanet members that like to bitch about WPI. The members on WBC didn't raise such a fuss over this article, so basically you're all a bunch of manginas.

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 06:06 PM
The people whining are Chiefsplanet members that like to bitch about <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. The members on WBC didn't raise such a fuss over this article, so basically you're all a bunch of manginas.

As mangina is the only type of 'gina you are an authority on, I'll take your word for it.

Donger
08-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Impeccable? If you can teach him when to use "who" instead of "that" when referring to a human being, you might be closer to that declaration.

bogie
08-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I must admit, I hate seeing Phobia tagteaming with GoChiefs. To me it seems obvious you guys are working together to pimp <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> and it kind of insulting. It seems to me that GoChiefs is some kid that's been given a break by the "cool" guys and he'll do anything to fit in. I have nothing against <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>, I just don't like the blatant whoring that goes on. I wouldn't even mind the whoring as much if you guys would just be honest and stop treating CP folks like we're a bunch of idiots. It's truely insulting.

Rukdafaidas
08-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I like Dalton and feel he has definitely been the second best D Lineman the Chiefs have had the last 3 years. No, I'm not a WPI member.
I think the Chiefs will finally have a good rotation this year with Sims, Dalton, Reed, Edwards and Wilkerson. The last few years, the Chiefs would piss me off by sending in people like Siavii and Browning on the same down. At least now, they could send in Edwards and Reed and not lose much, if anything. On the D line, depth is very important and the Chiefs haven't had it in several years.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Impeccable? If you can teach him when to use "who" instead of "that" when referring to a human being, you might be closer to that declaration.

Nobody's perfect.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 06:39 PM
I must admit, I hate seeing Phobia tagteaming with GoChiefs. To me it seems obvious you guys are working together to pimp <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> and it kind of insulting. It seems to me that GoChiefs is some kid that's been given a break by the "cool" guys and he'll do anything to fit in. I have nothing against <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a>, I just don't like the blatant whoring that goes on. I wouldn't even mind the whoring as much if you guys would just be honest and stop treating CP folks like we're a bunch of idiots. It's truely insulting.

What's truly insulting is that you think we'd stoop to this level to pimp WPI. We're not. I saw this article posted over at WBC, and they seemed to enjoy it, so I posted it over here. Phil had nothing to do with it.

Donger
08-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Nobody's perfect.

I don't expect that you'll make the same mistake thrice.

bogie
08-01-2006, 07:03 PM
What's truly insulting is that you think we'd stoop to this level to pimp <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. We're not. I saw this article posted over at WBC, and they seemed to enjoy it, so I posted it over here. Phil had nothing to do with it.

Whatever. It's no big deal. It's a fluff article, but I enjoy any Chiefs news.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 07:19 PM
The people whining are Chiefsplanet members that like to bitch about <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. The members on WBC didn't raise such a fuss over this article, so basically you're all a bunch of manginas.
I sure do wish you would go away forever. What would it cost me for that to happen? The price of a subscription? Hell, I'll buy two if I never have to encounter you on this site again.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I sure do wish you would go away forever.

ROFL

You're in the minority. Are you turning into Skip Towne?

KcMizzou
08-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Whatever. It's no big deal. It's a fluff article, but I enjoy any Chiefs news.Same here. I really don't mind it.

I wouldn't have seen it if they hadn't posted it here. I don't go to WPI. There aren't nearly enough poop threads over there.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
ROFL

You're in the minority. Are you turning into Skip Towne?
No, I get along with most of the folks on here. I just find you to be an obnoxious, egotistical prick.

Rausch
08-01-2006, 07:32 PM
No, I get along with most of the folks on here. I just find you to be an obnoxious, egotistical prick.

I'd 2nd that.

That, and he's not even a real member, he's pretty much a ****ing illegal alien that keeps sneaking over the border...

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Both of you need to drop the stupid grudges you have against me. They haven't been warranted for over a year now.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd 2nd that.

That, and he's not even a real member, he's pretty much a ****ing illegal alien that keeps sneaking over the border...
I figure that he will counter by calling me an obnoxious, egotistical prick. The difference is that I know I'm a prick.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 07:35 PM
I love you both. Like brothers. Let's be friends.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 07:38 PM
I love you both. Like brothers. Let's be friends.
Only if you give Brad a hug and a big sloppy kiss.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 07:46 PM
On the lips?

Donger
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
I think GoChiefs' primary antics preceeded my arrival, so upon that I cannot comment. Sans that, he doesn't seem THAT bad.

Hammock Parties
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Preceded.

Donger
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM
Preceded.

ROFL

Sorry, I'm tipsy. What was your excuse?

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I think GoChiefs' primary antics preceeded my arrival, so upon that I cannot comment. Sans that, he doesn't seem THAT bad.
You missed some seminal moments IMO. It's much like the boy that cried wolf in that it is very difficult for me to look past the early years.

Alphaman
08-01-2006, 08:27 PM
It amazes me how Chiefs fans attack Chiefs fans from another board. Absolutely amazing. I've been to and go to just about every Chiefs board because I love the discussions, the posting of new info and any info I can get on the Chiefs. The only one I don't go to is NEPA because they won't allow me access.

Yes I have and do write articles for WPI. Mine are more editorials or hopefully an angle others don't explore (like my season long series that was a debate of the upcoming game with fans from the opposing teams). Not pulitzer worthy stuff, but I found it very interesting to see what fans from our opponents had to say about themselves and about us.

I've found that each board has its strengths and weaknesses.

ChiefsPlanet definitely has the best discussions on its boards and is pretty quick with the nationally published news.

WPI has the best information because whether we like to admit it or not, they have more access to the Chiefs than any other website (except the Star and Capital Journal). Mike Campbell and Mike Nugent are able to get actual interviews with players. They have also been updating the happenings of training camp every day. Here's a taste, Derek Ross has been getting a lot of carries in camp and has a real shot to be #2 behind LJ. No other site (Star and CJ included) have provided that type of info on a position that is a big question mark. Here's the kicker, Campbell has been touting Ross since the Chiefs signed him right after the draft, because Campbell provides indepth coverage of the draft. Further, WPI actually gets press credentials. They are at the press conferences, in the press box at games, and even on local radio shows discussing the Chiefs. Love em or hate em...that's darn impressive. One other truth about WPI, Nick (until recently when camp started) is writing less and handling the business side of WPI advertisements, marketing events, etc....

The Star board and Wild Bill are ok, but they do keep up with Chiefs news pretty quickly.

ChiefsCoalition has some pretty interesting articles as well

I don't begrudge anyone about not wanting to pay for the premium membership. I think WPI can do a better job of making the premium content more "premium".

I will say this, Nick was all over the Herm Edwards story and the Ty Law story months before they came to fruition .

jspchief
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure which is more retarded... WPi guys continuing to post stuff here knowing the reaction it gets, of Chiefsplanet guys that flock to the threads like pigs to a trough.

Brock
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> has the best information because whether we like to admit it or not, they have more access to the Chiefs than any other website (except the Star and Capital Journal).

That explains how they broke the Al Saunders to Detroit story.

JimNasium
08-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Heh.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure which is more retarded... WPi guys continuing to post stuff here knowing the reaction it gets, of Chiefsplanet guys that flock to the threads like pigs to a trough.

It's a simple article ABOUT THE CHIEFS. Nobody even asked you for a simple hit on our site, he posted the ENTIRE article on the Planet. No discussion about Athan is even necessary. I'll never ever understand Chiefs fans bitching about Chiefs news being posted on a Chiefs site.

morphius
08-01-2006, 10:35 PM
This BB cracks me up sometimes. It is either not enough football news, or football from the wrong site.

If it bothers you, don't read it, its that damn simple. There is no reason to whine about every damn post from that site like its spam. Some things are going to be interesting, and some are gonna suck, and it isn't like he tried to hide who wrote it. I mean hell, look at all the PFT crap we have had posted for years.

Your free to say whatever you want, but damn people.

Phobia
08-01-2006, 10:49 PM
he does it because it bumps the thread up and gets the whorepaint name more exposure at the biggest chiefs forum there is.

no bad PR etc

Yeah, because I enjoy people trashing a site in which I'm partners. I think that when everybody trashes our site that's good for business. I realize that I'm a self acknowledged moron, but I don't even take it quite that far.

Mile High Mania
08-01-2006, 10:55 PM
JELLY ROLL!

Mile High Mania
08-01-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll never ever understand Chiefs fans bitching about Chiefs news being posted on a Chiefs site.

Really? Get someone not named GoChiefs to post an article from that site that was done by someone not named Nick Athan... change it, or make up a name. Use Ted McGinley or something... just see if there's a different reaction.

Alphaman
08-02-2006, 07:10 AM

Fair enough. Just like all the other outlets that said the Chiefs would NOT get Herm or Ty Law.

the Talking Can
08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
I'll never ever understand Chiefs fans bitching about Chiefs news being posted on a Chiefs site.

and I'll never understand why you started this "I don't get it, I'm so naive" schtick after being hired by Nick....you're not dumb...stop acting like it...

no one here wants to hear anything about WPI from WPI employees ever...and one gives a shit whether WPI employees think it is "fair" or not....

KCTitus
08-02-2006, 07:28 AM

And the Shields retirement...

Ive twice read on this last page comparing this 'article' as 'football news'...This is not 'news'. It's an fluff piece with zero facts in it and anyone who pays for this tripe deserves what he gets.

Brock
08-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Fair enough. Just like all the other outlets that said the Chiefs would NOT get Herm or Ty Law.

I don't know about Herm, but I read in several outlets that KC was the most likely place for Law.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
It seems to me that GoChiefs is some kid that's been given a break by the "cool" guys and he'll do anything to fit in.

You just externalized what most people here have been thinking. Excellent insight.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM

I agree, Dalton's been our rock in the middle of the line.

And that's why it's SINKING.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:38 AM
It amazes me how Chiefs fans attack Chiefs fans from another board. Absolutely amazing. I've been to and go to just about every Chiefs board because I love the discussions, the posting of new info and any info I can get on the Chiefs. The only one I don't go to is NEPA because they won't allow me access.

Yes I have and do write articles for <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>. Mine are more editorials or hopefully an angle others don't explore (like my season long series that was a debate of the upcoming game with fans from the opposing teams). Not pulitzer worthy stuff, but I found it very interesting to see what fans from our opponents had to say about themselves and about us.

I've found that each board has its strengths and weaknesses.

ChiefsPlanet definitely has the best discussions on its boards and is pretty quick with the nationally published news.

<a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> has the best information because whether we like to admit it or not, they have more access to the Chiefs than any other website (except the Star and Capital Journal). Mike Campbell and Mike Nugent are able to get actual interviews with players. They have also been updating the happenings of training camp every day. Here's a taste, Derek Ross has been getting a lot of carries in camp and has a real shot to be #2 behind LJ. No other site (Star and CJ included) have provided that type of info on a position that is a big question mark. Here's the kicker, Campbell has been touting Ross since the Chiefs signed him right after the draft, because Campbell provides indepth coverage of the draft. Further, <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> actually gets press credentials. They are at the press conferences, in the press box at games, and even on local radio shows discussing the Chiefs. Love em or hate em...that's darn impressive. One other truth about <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>, Nick (until recently when camp started) is writing less and handling the business side of <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> advertisements, marketing events, etc....

The Star board and Wild Bill are ok, but they do keep up with Chiefs news pretty quickly.

ChiefsCoalition has some pretty interesting articles as well

I don't begrudge anyone about not wanting to pay for the premium membership. I think <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> can do a better job of making the premium content more "premium".

I will say this, Nick was all over the Herm Edwards story and the Ty Law story months before they came to fruition .

That's my problem with this.

Campbell and Nugent have unparallelled access to the team and players. Yet we very rarely get INSIGHT from them. We get "hey, what did you have for dinner last night" stories like this one...

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 08:38 AM
It's a simple article ABOUT THE CHIEFS. Nobody even asked you for a simple hit on our site, he posted the ENTIRE article on the Planet. No discussion about Athan is even necessary. I'll never ever understand Chiefs fans bitching about Chiefs news being posted on a Chiefs site.

Because it's NOT NEWS.

It's a fluff piece about Lionel Dalton, which makes it seem all the more to be an attempt by GoChiefs to pimp Athan and WPI.

Like I said, I've got nothing against you guys at all. We've talked about this in past. I visit your BB fairly often. But I see where the people here are coming from. Regardless of actual motive, this LOOKS like spam.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Things I learned from that article:
1. Dalton is in better condition this year.
2. He's doing an effective job in camp thus far.
3. He has a lot of respect for Krumrie and why. He goes on to explain that all the players have respect for him.
4. Herm has players spend 20 minutes out of every practice with their position coaches.

I've already admitted on this thread that I'm not a big Athan fan, but this article reveals something to the reader that we didn't already know. It's hardly a "fluff" piece.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 09:07 AM
and I'll never understand why you started this "I don't get it, I'm so naive" schtick after being hired by Nick....you're not dumb...stop acting like it...

no one here wants to hear anything about <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> from <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> employees ever...and one gives a shit whether <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> employees think it is "fair" or not....

I don't think I agree with that. We have 7 or 8 guys who always pile on to any thread having anything to do with Warpaint. I think most everybody else is either ambivolent or they like reading it. You've read several responses on this thread of people who want to read any Chiefs news so stop talking out of your ass.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Things I learned from that article:
1. Dalton is in better condition this year.
2. He's doing an effective job in camp thus far.
3. He has a lot of respect for Krumrie and why. He goes on to explain that all the players have respect for him.
4. Herm has players spend 20 minutes out of every practice with their position coaches.

I've already admitted on this thread that I'm not a big Athan fan, but this article reveals something to the reader that we didn't already know. It's hardly a "fluff" piece.

1. Who cares? He's a marginal player at best. Get this info about Ryan Sims or Kendrell Bell and you'll be in business.

2. Again, it's Lionel Dalton.

3. This we've heard from several other sources.

4. Again, we've heard this from several other sources.

Chiefnj
08-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Threads on the Planet about WPI get more posts and attention than 99% of the threads at WPI.

It was a fluff piece. Big deal. It's the offseason and any news is welcome, right? If you don't like Athan and you see his name on the top of the article, don't read it. You pretty much know what kind of article you are going to get.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 09:25 AM
1. Who cares? He's a marginal player at best. Get this info about Ryan Sims or Kendrell Bell and you'll be in business.

Here's a link to a recent Ryan Sims article. http://chiefs.scout.com/2/552007.html

Eleazar
08-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Take this paragraph, for example.

For those who don’t know Dalton,

The author knows Dalton? How? How well? Give us some details on this relationship, or leave this part out. If this is commentary, we need more information. If this is reporting fact, it doesn't belong.

he’s a fun-loving guy who is all business on the football field.

According to whom? What does he do that makes him fun loving? Does he party with Eric Warfield? Does he dress up like a clown for his kids' birthday parties? Does he enjoy hanggliding or windsurfing or something?

This is a statement of opinion, and doesn't belong without some point of reference.

And that business is to occupy the middle of the line of scrimmage alongside Ryan Sims. Their job is to force opponents to concentrate on using the center and both guards so the Chiefs’ outside pass rushers have a more direct path to the quarterback.

Aside from it starting with a sentence fragment, this part doesn't really serve any purpose. If the reader is interested enough to be on the website reading this, he probably knows that he is a defensive tackle and what a defensive tackle does.

Plus, it gives the impression that the generally accepted role is some Greg Robinsonesque concept of the DT position where they aren't supposed to get up the field, they are supposed to stay at the LOS and soak up blockers so the rush can come from the outside. If the reader already knows what a DT does, this is irrelevant. If they don't, then this at best only tells half the story.

These are just some examples. Not trying to bash him, I'm just giving examples of why people consider it fluff. I don't mind seeing articles posted here. Obviously it's not a big inconvenience. But if they had some substance, if they were written in a professional way, if they brought some new info, I think people would be more accepting.

jspchief
08-02-2006, 09:36 AM
It's a simple article ABOUT THE CHIEFS. Nobody even asked you for a simple hit on our site, he posted the ENTIRE article on the Planet. No discussion about Athan is even necessary. I'll never ever understand Chiefs fans bitching about Chiefs news being posted on a Chiefs site.I didn't say a damn word about Athan in this thread.

You guys know how WPi stuff is received here. Yet you still post it.

Chiefsplanet guys know that it's likely to be crap, yet they still read it and turn every thread into a 10+ page monster.

You all deserve each other.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 09:40 AM
I didn't say a damn word about Athan in this thread.

You guys know how WPi stuff is received here. Yet you still post it.

Chiefsplanet guys know that it's likely to be crap, yet they still read it and turn every thread into a 10+ page monster.

You all deserve each other.

You say that like you're a non-participant.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Here's a link to a recent Ryan Sims article. http://<a href="http://www.chiefsplanet.com">chiefs.scoot.com</a>/2/552007.html

Thanks man! I'm heading to read it now.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 09:53 AM
This Ryan Sims article is much better. Good info, particularly this:

In the past, the knock on Sims was that he was lazy. He had trouble keeping his weight under control. But Edwards’ isn’t concerned with the past. He’s satisfied with what he sees out of Sims so far.

“All I know is what I see right now,” said Edwards. “That’s all I can judge. He’s done everything he can do to come and be in shape in camp and compete and go hard.”

Chiefnj
08-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Why is Dalton a marginal player? Isn't he a starter just like Sims and Bell?

Eleazar
08-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Why is Dalton a marginal player?

He made 12 tackles last year.

Inspector
08-02-2006, 12:53 PM
I like any news concerning the Chiefs.

I'm not really able to muster the animosity about the WPI stuff.

Which ones am I supposed to hate? I'm confused.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Why is Dalton a marginal player? Isn't he a starter just like Sims and Bell?

Dalton has never been injured or otherwise had issues standing in his way, yet he's never produced.

Bell is a former DRoY who has suffered through severe injuries and Sims is a 6th pick who has suffered through multiple season-ending injuries.

There is hope, no matter how slight, for Bell and Sims. There is no hope for Dalton. He is what he is, which isn't much.

bogie
08-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Phobia,
I have no problem with Athan's fluff. It is what it is. I don't think GoChiefs original intention when posting this was to spam WPi either. I'm surprised you stand up for, support, defend, compliment Athan's work. Were you not with WPi I suspect you would be complaining about the substance of this article just like others on this BB. I respect the fact that you've earned a position at WPi and I don't even mind your spamming it. I do mind when you spam it and try to convince others that you're not spamming it. I expect it from GoChiefs because he's a follower and is completely transparent. You're a leader and I'm surprised you're trying to convince people that this latest article from Athan is not fluff. I invision GoChief's sly smile while he's posting because he's getting more PR for WPi and because he gets another feather in his cap from you, and sadly, you continue to supply him feathers. JMO. Drinks are on me.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
What a joke. I'm not Phobia's cabin boy.

htismaqe
08-02-2006, 01:54 PM
What a joke. I'm not Phobia's cabin boy.

ROFL

You're one of those fancy lads aren't ya?

Donger
08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
ROFL

You're one of those fancy lads aren't ya?

Heh.

"Would you like to buy a monkey?"

Hammock Parties
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
These pipes....ARE CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAN!

Eleazar
08-02-2006, 01:58 PM
:p

vailpass
08-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Phobia,
I have no problem with Athan's fluff. It is what it is. I don't think GoChiefs original intention when posting this was to spam WPi either. I'm surprised you stand up for, support, defend, compliment Athan's work. Were you not with WPi I suspect you would be complaining about the substance of this article just like others on this BB. I respect the fact that you've earned a position at WPi and I don't even mind your spamming it. I do mind when you spam it and try to convince others that you're not spamming it. I expect it from GoChiefs because he's a follower and is completely transparent. You're a leader and I'm surprised you're trying to convince people that this latest article from Athan is not fluff. I invision GoChief's sly smile while he's posting because he's getting more PR for WPi and because he gets another feather in his cap from you, and sadly, you continue to supply him feathers. JMO. Drinks are on me.

Extremely well put. GoatCheese is a parasite on his knees for attention. I had hoped that when football season started to roll around he would fade away, but now that a couple of fools have thrown his stray ass some crumbs he is louder than ever.
They actually have the kid thinking he knows something about football other than what he has read in a book.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Or I could be like Vailpass...a big jerk who contributes nothing.

Eleazar
08-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Or I could be like Vailpass...a big jerk who contributes nothing.

Well his analysis of you was pretty accurate.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2006, 02:05 PM
You think I posted this article for attention? Nothing could be further from the truth.

Mile High Mania
08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Ha... right.

Phobia
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Phobia,

I haven't complimented Athan's work on this thread whatsoever. I don't often read him. But it has improved now that we have people editing. I personally learned things from the article in question, so I don't consider it a fluff piece. I can understand why others (such as Parker who apparently already knew everything that was new to me) might call it fluff.

I don't hand out feathers to gochiefs for anything but his editing and writing. He does whatever he wishes, I don't give him much guidance nor does anybody else. If I had any amount of control or he were motivated by "feathers" then he'd be spending the bulk of his online time at Warpaint and not on ChiefsPlanet. But he likes to post here and who am I to tell him where he can and can't post?

I don't know how the word spam even comes into this thread. The only time a link was provided is when it was specifically asked for. I'm going to start calling every star article posted on this site spam - that's how loosely some morons have begun to use the term. I post articles from Warpaint to share the information and make Warpaint a more accepted form of Chiefs coverage. I don't care where you spend your online time discussing the Chiefs - you'll go where you're most comfortable. *I* of all people understand that dynamic - I've been making people feel comfortable and accepted at THIS site for the past 5 years. I KNOW how to build a thriving website and I NEVER spammed ChiefsPlanet ANYWHERE. If I were pimping my Warpaint message boards on ChiefsPlanet I could understand the pushback but I'm really and truly not doing that. Would I like more people to post at Warpaint? Sure - but I don't believe spamming is the way to build an online community.

bogie
08-02-2006, 06:32 PM
I haven't complimented Athan's work on this thread whatsoever. I don't often read him. But it has improved now that we have people editing. I personally learned things from the article in question, so I don't consider it a fluff piece. I can understand why others (such as Parker who apparently already knew everything that was new to me) might call it fluff.

I don't hand out feathers to gochiefs for anything but his editing and writing. He does whatever he wishes, I don't give him much guidance nor does anybody else. If I had any amount of control or he were motivated by "feathers" then he'd be spending the bulk of his online time at Warpaint and not on ChiefsPlanet. But he likes to post here and who am I to tell him where he can and can't post?

I don't know how the word spam even comes into this thread. The only time a link was provided is when it was specifically asked for. I'm going to start calling every star article posted on this site spam - that's how loosely some morons have begun to use the term. I post articles from Warpaint to share the information and make Warpaint a more accepted form of Chiefs coverage. I don't care where you spend your online time discussing the Chiefs - you'll go where you're most comfortable. *I* of all people understand that dynamic - I've been making people feel comfortable and accepted at THIS site for the past 5 years. I KNOW how to build a thriving website and I NEVER spammed ChiefsPlanet ANYWHERE. If I were pimping my Warpaint message boards on ChiefsPlanet I could understand the pushback but I'm really and truly not doing that. Would I like more people to post at Warpaint? Sure - but I don't believe spamming is the way to build an online community.

You've convinced me. I'm done with the WPi bashing.