PDA

View Full Version : "Even trade,"

chubychecker
08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Quote from Teahan about he and Beltran being chosen AL and NL players of the week respectively. To play on the Royals the last few years one thing you would have to have is a good sense of humor. Good thing for teahan, he obviously has one.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Teahan is atleast making me feel a bit better about it. He's a good guy, always signs autographs, and took some pics with friends, he was quiet last year but seems to have opened up alot this year, vocally and offensively.

Eleazar
08-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I heard that on 810. I think he was joking. But even if he wasn't, it's not that far off if the Teahen we are watching now is who he really is. It's not like it's a 5 game stretch or anything, it's been almos 200 ABs now.

Since he was recalled:

173 AB, 54 H, .312, 10 HR, 36 RBI

Project that out to an everyday player over a full season, giving him 525 AB or so:

525 AB, 164 H, .312, 30 HR, 109 RBI

Beltran, looking up the numbers, is a career .282 hitter, has a 28 HR average, drives in about 100. He gives you defense and stolen bases - but for someone we were not going to be able to keep at any price, we didn't do too darn badly. And also consider that Beltran makes about $12 million more per year.

Teahen is a little hot right now and I doubt he'll end up hitting .312 for years to come, but he's looking like he will turn out as advertised. Plus we got two other players in the deal.

ChiefsCountry
08-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I think Teahan is going to be good trade bait - get a shortstop and top pitching prospect for him see Angels, love to get Brandon Wood or Aybar from them.

chubychecker
08-01-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree. Teahan is my new favorite Royal. I don't think he will be a career .300 hitter, but I do think he can hit in the 2's consistently with power. He is a big reason I'm beginning to get optimistic about our future.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Beltran has been sick this year, he was a fantasy steal for me this year, too bad my team is in last place lol!! Insane what #'s he is putting up this year after the shitty year last year.

Eleazar
08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Beltran has been sick this year, he was a fantasy steal for me this year, too bad my team is in last place lol!! Insane what #'s he is putting up this year after the shitty year last year.

I got him in trade for Josh Beckett earlier in the year, and by my league's scoring, I laughed all the way to the bank.

Sure-Oz
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I got him in trade for Josh Beckett earlier in the year, and by my league's scoring, I laughed all the way to the bank.
Definite steal in that trade, i have both him and beckett, and i drafted beckett higher. His ERA is way too high for my liking but thank goodness hes with Boston to have 13 wins cause if he was with florida it'd be more like 4-6 wins. I wish Beltran stole 30 or so by now but he raelly does'nt have to.

Pitt Gorilla
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Actually, the trade was a bit lopsided from our perspective. We got Teahen, Wood, and Buck for 6 years or so apiece, for a month and a half or so of Beltran. Of course, Houston did well in the deal as well, as Beltran went off for them to close the season and in the playoffs.

mcan
08-01-2006, 05:57 PM
It was obviously a joke. He was laughing as he said it, as if he couldn't believe he'd just thought of something that clever. He has no dilusions and knows quite clearly that Beltran is a superstar, and he isn't.

But, the Royals obviously got the big end of the stick in the trade. Three players. Two of them starting. And for what? Carlos would have been a FREE AGENT. We didn't give up anything, except having Carlos suiting up in blue for a few months, so that he could look good in the outfield while balls flew over his head and over the fence.

Eleazar
08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
But, the Royals obviously got the big end of the stick in the trade. Three players. Two of them starting. And for what? Carlos would have been a FREE AGENT. We didn't give up anything, except having Carlos suiting up in blue for a few months, so that he could look good in the outfield while balls flew over his head and over the fence.

This is where someone pops in and says "we should have resigned him!"

Adept Havelock
08-01-2006, 06:20 PM
This is where someone pops in and says "we should have resigned him!"

Forget Beltran. We never should have let Saberhagen get away.... ;)