PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Fantasy League

Vegas_Dave
08-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Yahoo fantasy league:

League ID: 336888
Password: chiefsrule

Basic Head to Head 10 team league. Standard rules.

dred
08-03-2006, 12:38 AM
You guys doing IDPs?

I'd like to join in a league with some chief fans that uses defensive players.

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
When's the draft, Dave?

Vegas_Dave
08-03-2006, 01:00 AM
When's the draft, Dave?

Dont have it set yet... I would venture for a few days after the league fills up.

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Dont have it set yet... I would venture for a few days after the league fills up.

Good enough.....

I'm in....

old_geezer
08-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Galloping Geezers are in :)

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2006, 05:53 PM
bump......

Hydrae
08-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Is this full yet? I got this response when I tried to get signed up:

There was a problem
There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Is this full yet? I got this response when I tried to get signed up:

I just checked right before I bumped this, and there were 7 spots left.....

Hydrae
08-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I just checked right before I bumped this, and there were 7 spots left.....

Ok, I will try again shortly. I will certainly take one of those 7 spots, have been looking for a CP league for this year. :)

Hydrae
08-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Ok, I am in and Hydrae's Heros are poised to take yet another championship! :)

Iowanian
08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I'd like to see a league of 12....with the top of the Planet FFB players(6) vs 6 from the mange. I'd love to get a yearly traveling FFB cyber-trophy or something.

teedubya
08-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Does the winner get to see Vegas Dave's wife's boobs? :shrug:

Hydrae
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
I'd like to see a league of 12....with the top of the Planet FFB players(6) vs 6 from the mange. I'd love to get a yearly traveling FFB cyber-trophy or something.

I like the idea but how would you determine who are the top fantasy players? Perhaps a 12 player invite only league for each site this year to decide who the best are from each site to allow for championship players to meet beginning in 2007? :shrug:

Or, and this leaves a lot of people out, a fantasy league for the mods from each place to play for the pride of the boards?

I am sure one of the photoshop gurus around here can come up with some kind of trophy which could be put on the main page.

Iowanian
08-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Kind of what I'm thinking.

If its not done by next week....I may set it up, but that would be 4 leagues. I could ask Taco or someone to nominate their 6 reps.

I'm not a mod, but I'd like to stomp some donkey arse, and think my teams are usually at least solid.

Hydrae
08-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Kind of what I'm thinking.

If its not done by next week....I may set it up, but that would be 4 leagues. I could ask Taco or someone to nominate their 6 reps.

I'm not a mod, but I'd like to stomp some donkey arse, and think my teams are usually at least solid.

Having played you a couple times over the years, I think the Savage Midgets should certainly get an invite to something like this. I would like to think Hydrae's Heros might have a shot too but that may just be me projecting or something. :D

This would be about perfect too as it would make league 3 for me which is about how many I usually allow myself each year. I have my keeper league that I have run for 5 years now, a CP Yahoo league I just got into, just need that one more to really take up my time and ensure my wife doesn't forget to hate fantasy football any season soon! :)

Nzoner
08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
The SJ Scrimmagers are in,I figured what the hell,surely I can keep up with 11 different games this year. :doh!:

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Does the winner get to see Vegas Dave's wife's boobs? :shrug:

If I am the winner, then yes. Anyone else wins... no.

League is now full. Draft will be set to Ready at the end of the evening THIS SUNDAY. So Monday morning, we should be set.

teedubya
08-04-2006, 02:13 AM
'Daves Wifes Nuboobs' are gonna tear up this league.

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 10:21 AM
'Daves Wifes Nuboobs' are gonna tear up this league.

Yeah, I would appreciate you changing the team name.

OnTheWarpath15
08-04-2006, 01:47 PM
The Commish got the first pick?

I call shenanigans......

:)

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
The Commish got the first pick?

I call shenanigans......

:)

Forgot to post that draft order is set by when the person joined the league.

However, the only one not set as such is "Daves Wifes Nuboobs" was put at #10. However, if the team name is changed, I will correct the team to its original spot based on when the team was created (#8 I believe).

Nzoner
08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Forgot to post that draft order is set by when the person joined the league.

However, the only one not set as such is "Daves Wifes Nuboobs" was put at #10. However, if the team name is changed, I will correct the team to its original spot based on when the team was created (#8 I believe).

BUZZZZZZZ,WRONG ANSWER!!

I know this is a free league for nothing more than bragging rights but you need to make a decision now and stick with it as my team's draft order is affected by this BS and I prefer to set my own draft picks.

Bottom line you started a thread about your wife's new boobs and now you want to get upset when someone is doing nothing more than flipping you a little shit about it.

Please advise ASAP as I was planning on having a few beers tonight and working on my draft.

Of course if you don't like it I guess you can always use your commish powers and kick my ass out of the league.

teedubya
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
sweet. Big fan of Sandgina.

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
BUZZZZZZZ,WRONG ANSWER!!

I know this is a free league for nothing more than bragging rights but you need to make a decision now and stick with it as my team's draft order is affected by this BS and I prefer to set my own draft picks.

Bottom line you started a thread about your wife's new boobs and now you want to get upset when someone is doing nothing more than flipping you a little shit about it.

Please advise ASAP as I was planning on having a few beers tonight and working on my draft.

Of course if you don't like it I guess you can always use your commish powers and kick my ass out of the league.

Who's getting upset? whoever owns that team was giving me a little sh*t... I flipped it right back at them... I'm not upset.

But just for you, I will not change the draft status positions even if the name is changed... does that satisfy you?

Nzoner
08-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Who's getting upset? whoever owns that team was giving me a little sh*t... I flipped it right back at them... I'm not upset.

But just for you, I will not change the draft status positions even if the name is changed... does that satisfy you?

Uh,adjusting the rules set forth by Yahoo(even the draft order) is not flipping shit back at anyone,it's called using your commish powers to manipulate and no matter how very small it may look it concerns me,free league or not.

Personally to make it right I think you set the draft as it was supposed to be whether I fall to last pick or not.

Then we can start all over and look forward to the upcoming season.

Cheers

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Uh,adjusting the rules set forth by Yahoo(even the draft order) is not flipping shit back at anyone,it's called using your commish powers to manipulate and no matter how very small it may look it concerns me,free league or not.

Personally to make it right I think you set the draft as it was supposed to be whether I fall to last pick or not.

Then we can start all over and look forward to the upcoming season.

Cheers

I understand your point and it is a valid one, but I have set my Commisioner mind that the draft order is now frozen and will not be modified under any circumstances.

Everyones Draft position has been set and can plan their draft accordingly.

Just so that everyone knows, I will be drafting Larry Johnson with the 1st pick. I say this since in the NFL draft, 99% of the time, eveyone knows who is getting the #1 pick and they all already know who that pick is. Part of me was half tempted to do a "live draft" just for the fun of it... but since most of us would most likely not be able to meet for that draft, I figured this the better way to go.

I think I will set up a second FF league that is set at a true random order just for an analytical comparison of whther this makes a difference or not... I remember one year I joined a league, did not specificy any draft pick preferences (as to who I wanted to draft) and then once the draft was done, I did not make a SINGLE player change all season long...

I ended up in 3rd place out of 12. Weird.

Nzoner
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM
I understand your point and it is a valid one, but I have set my Commisioner mind that the draft order is now frozen and will not be modified under any circumstances.

Everyones Draft position has been set and can plan their draft accordingly.

Thank you for at least making a final decision.

teedubya
08-04-2006, 05:35 PM
hahah...

Introducing. Las Vegas Sandginas in honor of Daves wife and her tits, and his fits.

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Thank you

Are we like supposed to hug now or something?:grouphug:

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 05:38 PM
hahah...

Introducing. Las Vegas Sandginas in honor of Daves wife and her tits, and his fits.

Cute.:nosmilie:

Nzoner
08-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Are we like supposed to hug now or something?:grouphug:

Only if your wife with her new tits is involved :D

Vegas_Dave
08-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Only if your wife with her new tits is involved :D
I'll hug her for you. I will also lather them up and rub them for you... but not with you. However, you can be there in spirit.