PDA

View Full Version : KC Backfield has unexpected competition

Chiefsallday
08-03-2006, 05:21 PM
After reading this answer from Bennet, looks like he is not giving up the Starting position as his role for the Chiefs. Im new so be gentle guys....just my thoughts

Q: Are you happy being the backup running back to Larry Johnson?

BENNETT: “My thing is I’m going to come in here and do the best that I can and if that’s going to be my role then I’ll have to take it. I’ve been in this game going on six years and I’ve had a lot of success. So my thing is just to basically come in here and learn the offense. I’ve got to learn a whole new offense, so it’s kind of like being a rookie again. I’ll just put everything together and get out on the field.”

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I love lamp......

JBucc
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Those are your thoughts? OMG guys it's Michael Bennett on ChiefsPlanet!

jspchief
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Sounds like textbook player-speak.

jspchief
08-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Those are you thoughts? OMG guys it's Michael Bennett on ChiefsPlanet!Can I get an 8x10?

JimNasium
08-03-2006, 05:25 PM
He's got to say that. Dude's a former first rounder.

Chiefsallday
08-03-2006, 05:29 PM
It's just that I know he's a little sour from being casted off by New Orleans because of Bush. So he's probably got a little fire lit under his azz.

Thig Lyfe
Thunder & Lightning! WOOOO!!!

mlyonsd
I like the idea of a Pitt Nittany Lion fighting for the same job with a Wisconsin Badger.

As long as it pisses off LJ I'm ok with smack between the two.

nychief
08-03-2006, 05:30 PM
I love lamp......
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wallcrawler
08-03-2006, 05:33 PM
I like the pickup of Michael Bennet. I dont see him being the starter for a few reasons. First off, he has never put up any numbers like what LJ did last season in those 9 starts. LJ already knows the offense, has proven that he has the stamina for 30+ carries a game and is still very young and durable.

On that note, Michael Bennet has not been the most durable of backs over his career. In a backup role spelling Larry Johnson, Bennet could be an awesome weapon for the Chiefs. Im not sure the toll that the injuries have taken on his speed, but the last time I saw Bennet play, he has the type of speed to score on any down, from any distance. He wont be taking the constant beating every down, and it should help to avoid injuries for him this year.

With LJ pounding and punishing the defense all game long, it should be a perfect situation for Bennet when he comes into the football game. A tired defense trying to stop Michael Bennet on fresh legs isnt a very good situation for a D-Coordinator to find himself in.

bogie
08-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Nothing wrong with LJ having a little competition to keep him motivated. I hope Bennet works his ass off to take the starting roll. That means LJ will work his ass off to keep it.

Hound333
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
I think LJ knows he won't lose the starting job unless he gets injured. LJ will be motivated to get a huge contract soon so im not worried about him. I think Bennett will give us a viable option when we want to spell LJ. So we don't do to LJ what was done to Priest.

tyton75
08-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Its a great pickup and will be a nice change of pace guy, but if LJ is healthy LJ is starting

DJay23
08-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I like the idea of a Pitt Nittany Lion...

Ahem, that's PENN STATE Nittany Lion

Skyy God
08-03-2006, 08:22 PM
With LJ pounding and punishing the defense all game long, it should be a perfect situation for Bennet when he comes into the football game. A tired defense trying to stop Michael Bennet on fresh legs isnt a very good situation for a D-Coordinator to find himself in.

He'll be our 'lil Tatum Bell.