PDA

View Full Version : hyperliteZO6's Camp Observations-- Thursday

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I didn't go to camp last summer, but Kendral Bell looks much better than he did last season. He hustles from station to station, and gets in on many more of the plays. I had no idea how fast he was.

Tamba Hali is going to be good. He has got one hell of a motor. I watched him for a good deal of time and he has more intensity than anyone on the defensive line. He's very intimidating. You probably know he's been with the first team both days I've been here.

Today was oline day to sign autographs after the morning practice. Allen and Hali stayed after practice and signed for about thirty minutes; High class guys.

I watched Siavii yesteday and he is a discrace. He looks like he is giving about half effort, doesn't really care, and just wants to leave.

Damon Huard is clumsy and very embarrassing. But he looks like a second string QB. He seemed much more improved today. Printers is getting all the 3rd string reps. Croyle never gets any touches.

Ryan Sims continues to impress me.

Krumrie is one hell of coach. You can hear him.

That's All.

Sorry, I can't make the trip to see them play the vikings tommorrow.

hyperliteZO6

noa
08-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the update. I'm excited to see Bell back in action and find out whether this off-season improvement is the real deal.

RedandGold
08-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the observations, and I'm looking forward to your report on the Vikings scrimmage.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Cool, thanks for the update. I'm excited to see Bell back in action and find out whether this off-season improvement is the real deal.

I guess that shoulder could have been the real deal last season.

OldTownChief
08-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Keep em coming. I love to read the reports from fellow planeteers. I just wish I could go.

the Talking Can
08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
we've had lots of good first hand info from planateers this year...thanks

R&GHomer
08-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the update hyperliteZO6, It's great getting a fans perspective. I think they should just cut Siavii now and be done with it.

OldTownChief
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I think they should just cut Siavii now and be done with it.

I agree. Thats all I've heard about him in practice so far. Hell, high school teams cut dipshits like that just so it doesn't rub off on anyone.

Cormac
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks hyper. The good news out of camp seems to be that the players we need/want to do well, the high dollar guys like Hali and Bell are doing well, while the schlobs are.....well....schlobs, like Siavii and Huard. I don't think any of us will shed a tear if they're both cut.

Thanks again for the info!

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
It's no big deal.

You guys outta come to camp next year if you haven't been.

It's a lot of fun.

pr_capone
08-03-2006, 08:10 PM
It's no big deal.

It's a lot of fun.
Its all fun and games until Turley makes you feel small then proceeds to hurl a helmet at you. :D

R&GHomer
08-03-2006, 08:11 PM
It's no big deal.

It's a lot of fun.

Wish I could, I'm sure I'll make it in the future, but for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you... :)

CHENZ A!
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
I wish I could go to camp too, especially this yr, with alot of new faces I'd like to see. My boss came in to work today, and was like "I don't want to rub it in, but... I'm going to Mankato to watch the scrimmage tomorrow." Apparently his wife and daughter wanted to drag him to the great mall or whatever it's called, and he had one stipulation. Meanwhile I'll be working 10 hrs tomorrow, I am so jealous. :banghead:

Shootr
08-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Damon Huard is clumsy and very embarrassing. But he looks like a second string QB. He seemed much more improved today. Printers is getting all the 3rd string reps. Croyle never gets any touches.

It's funny, you have pretty much seen the same thing I did with Huard. My first day I said, "Man, that guy sucks". Then you get used to his goofy @ss and realize that he is their best option at #2 despite the talents of the other guys.

chefsos
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
...Printers is getting all the 3rd string reps. Croyle never gets any touches...
Speculation time, gentlemen. Do you figure this is because Croyle makes this team no matter what, inasmuch as he's a third rounder and all, and the staff wants to see what Printers has?

keg in kc
08-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Speculation time, gentlemen. Do you figure this is because Croyle makes this team no matter what, inasmuch as he's a third rounder and all, and the staff wants to see what Printers has?Radio reports today were that Croyle is being rested due to a sore shoulder.

chefsos
08-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Radio reports today were that Croyle is being rested due to a sore shoulder.
Well, there is that, too.

Indeed, facts>speculation. Thanks.

ChiefFan31
08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Speculation time, gentlemen. Do you figure this is because Croyle makes this team no matter what, inasmuch as he's a third rounder and all, and the staff wants to see what Printers has?

That is exactly what I was thinking as i was reading Hyper's post.

They aint gonna just cut Croyle.

Thanks for the update Hyper. Like folks posted above me, this is damn nice getting these first hand updates from fans at TC :rockon:

My opinion of Siavii is so low right now. This is not at all the first I am reading about him and his shitty attitude. He should friggin apologize to everyone for being such a wasted 2nd round pick.

But, I love how I keep reading good about Kendrell Bell. I followed him pretty close in Pittsburgh. That guy has a crazy natural explosion. If he is healthy he can really bring some Pop and attitude to our D.

Hammock Parties
08-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I wonder if it's the same shoulder he popped in college.

I can't believe all the good reports on Bell. The rest of the team must be playing at half speed.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Wish I could, I'm sure I'll make it in the future, but for now I'll just have to live vicariously through you... :)

There is tons of other shit to do around here. The "Mall of America" is only about 40 minutes from River Falls. You can make a day trip out of that mall. My wife was happy.

Get reservations for you hotel now if you plan to go to camp next year. We're staying in Hudson; about 10 minutes from River Falls.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 09:27 PM
It's funny, you have pretty much seen the same thing I did with Huard. My first day I said, "Man, that guy sucks". Then you get used to his goofy @ss and realize that he is their best option at #2 despite the talents of the other guys.
He is horribly embarrassing, like I said, but he is the best optioin right now. He knows what he doing, but he is no talent. I haven't seen Croyle a lot, but Printers look pretty good.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I wonder if it's the same shoulder he popped in college.

I can't believe all the good reports on Bell. The rest of the team must be playing at half speed.

I hope he is the real deal. You can't always tell, but is truly improved.

CHENZ A!
08-03-2006, 09:48 PM
There is tons of other shit to do around here. The "Mall of America" is only about 40 minutes from River Falls. You can make a day trip out of that mall. My wife was happy.

Get reservations for you hotel now if you plan to go to camp next year. We're staying in Hudson; about 10 minutes from River Falls.

I would probably wait until they anounce whether or not camp is going to be in River Falls again or not.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I would probably wait until they anounce whether or not camp is going to be in River Falls again or not.

I extremely doubt in will be anywhere else. I hope it's closer to KC, but I there's I doubt they will move in the next 5 years.

RIver Falls economy really depends on this camp. It would tear up that town if we didn't have our TC there.

CHENZ A!
08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
I extremely doubt in will be anywhere else. I hope it's closer to KC, but I there's I doubt they will move in the next 5 years.

RIver Falls economy really depends on this camp. It would tear up that town if we didn't have our TC there.

I have no preference, as I can't really see any definitive advantage to going or staying. I was just sayin'. :)

OldTownChief
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM

Croyle is being groomed for the future, he'll be treated with kid gloves for the next two seasons like back in the good ol days when the NFL knew how to bring a QB along.

blueballs
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM
love that salty kool-aid don't you
Peterson lover

Wa-Z
08-03-2006, 10:30 PM
God, what is it with this Siavii guy...if I was given the opportunity he has, I would damn well make the best of it!

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 11:01 PM
love that salty kool-aid don't you
Peterson lover

What?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Croyle is being groomed for the future, he'll be treated with kid gloves for the next two seasons like back in the good ol days when the NFL knew how to bring a QB along.

:thumb:

The right way.

Halfcan
08-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I can't believe Huturd and Junior Spithood are still on this team. What are the Chiefs going to do when Damon throws 4 picks and fumbles twice in the first preseason game?

Slavill is joke and we should cut this fat cancer off our team as soon as posible.

Halfcan
08-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Hali is quickly becoming one of my favorite players-everything I hear is awesome about this kid.

greg63
08-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Hali is quickly becoming one of my favorite players-everything I hear is awesome about this kid.

I haven't heard much but I think the expectations for the kid is sky high.

08-04-2006, 12:48 AM
I can't believe Huturd and Junior Spithood are still on this team. What are the Chiefs going to do when Damon throws 4 picks and fumbles twice in the first preseason game?

Slavill is joke and we should cut this fat cancer off our team as soon as posible.

wonder if he still has that dog collar cone. ROFL

greg63
08-04-2006, 12:51 AM
wonder if he still has that dog collar cone. ROFL
ROFL
I don't know, and I don't wanna know.

08-04-2006, 12:58 AM
ROFL
I don't know, and I don't wanna know.

Supposedly, the police put one of those cones around his neck after that incident. That would make a great picture for his NFL mug. ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-04-2006, 01:00 AM
“I don’t know if you guys noticed at practice today how many plays (Dexter) McCleon made,” Kubiak said. “He’s a veteran player and he’s going to help this team. If we don’t find someone, we don’t have a problem. (Kevin) Garrett started making some plays today. He’s getting comfortable. We’re out there looking (for help). Corners don’t just walk around. That’s tough, but I think if we keep battling, if (general manager) Rick Smith keeps battling, and we as coaches just keep looking around, I think we’re going to find some guys that are going to help us.”

greg63
08-04-2006, 01:01 AM
Supposedly, the police put one of those cones around his neck after that incident. That would make a great picture for his NFL mug. ROFL

ROFLROFL

Heh, he probably has it in a special closet full of S&M paraphernalia.

Well got a lot to do tomorrow, so...

Nite Planet!

08-04-2006, 01:02 AM
“I don’t know if you guys noticed at practice today how many plays (Dexter) McCleon made,” Kubiak said. “He’s a veteran player and he’s going to help this team. If we don’t find someone, we don’t have a problem. (Kevin) Garrett started making some plays today. He’s getting comfortable. We’re out there looking (for help). Corners don’t just walk around. That’s tough, but I think if we keep battling, if (general manager) Rick Smith keeps battling, and we as coaches just keep looking around, I think we’re going to find some guys that are going to help us.”

He has been drinking too much orange koolaid.

donkhater
08-04-2006, 05:40 AM
You guys keep saying that Hali has a motor? Does he accomplish anything with that motor?

For all the grief Hicks gets on this forum about his production, he does work hard, give effort and seems a good guy. Yet people are pissed he's still playing a lot. Will this be the case with Hali, or is he actually making plays with that motor?

I gotta tell ya, he didn't look all that impressive in the tapes I saw pre-draft. sure he worked hard, but it looked like he was small AND running in concrete boots. Not the best combo for a DE.

King_Chief_Fan
08-04-2006, 07:52 AM

Like the Chiefs know how to develop a QB :shake:

htismaqe
08-04-2006, 08:08 AM
You guys keep saying that Hali has a motor? Does he accomplish anything with that motor?

For all the grief Hicks gets on this forum about his production, he does work hard, give effort and seems a good guy. Yet people are pissed he's still playing a lot. Will this be the case with Hali, or is he actually making plays with that motor?

I gotta tell ya, he didn't look all that impressive in the tapes I saw pre-draft. sure he worked hard, but it looked like he was small AND running in concrete boots. Not the best combo for a DE.

Workouts, schmerkouts...

I watch nearly every Big 10 football game every season.

To compare Hali and what he did ON THE FIELD, to Eric Hicks is laughable.

Eleazar
08-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the firsthand info from camp! :thumb:

I owe you $89.95.

Coogs
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Workouts, schmerkouts...

I watch nearly every Big 10 football game every season.

To compare Hali and what he did ON THE FIELD, to Eric Hicks is laughable.

I watched the replays of several Penn State games on ESPNU. Saw about half of Penn States games last season. I really didn't see anything special out of Hali. When they flipped him from the left side to the right side, there would be no significant adjustments you coud see from the opponents offense to account for Hali, and he didn't make many plays either. While on the left side, many times he was blocked by one OT. When the backup OT's were on the field, Hali had more success. And his biggest plays usually came when he was left unblocked.... ie. when the OT in front of him would be pulling for some reason. Left unblocked, Hali was good.

I'm hoping Hali will be a stud. But the games I saw didn't indicate to me that he has the ability to be a player other teams will have to game plan for.

htismaqe
08-04-2006, 08:47 AM
I watched the replays of several Penn State games on ESPNU. Saw about half of Penn States games last season. I really didn't see anything special out of Hali. When they flipped him from the left side to the right side, there would be no significant adjustments you coud see from the opponents offense to account for Hali, and he didn't make many plays either. While on the left side, many times he was blocked by one OT. When the backup OT's were on the field, Hali had more success. And his biggest plays usually came when he was left unblocked.... ie. when the OT in front of him would be pulling for some reason. Left unblocked, Hali was good.

I'm hoping Hali will be a stud. But the games I saw didn't indicate to me that he has the ability to be a player other teams will have to game plan for.

Did other teams have to gameplan for Neil Smith? No, Derrick Thomas was the gamechanger. Neil Smith was a complimentary player. Hali is that same type of player.

I don't know what the hell some people here expect. A TEAM isn't made up of superstars. You have 1 or 2 superstuds on each side of the ball and then you fill the rest with guys that know their role.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-04-2006, 10:37 AM

You can't look for DTs/DEs to get a lot of tackles and stuff like you want to see in TC. I watched the drills and his intesity was superior to all of the Dline. He beats his man pretty consistantly in the 11 on 11, or 7 on 7.

Eric Hicks is a good player, but he doesn't need the reps Hali needs.

KCTitus
08-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I don't know what the hell some people here expect. A TEAM isn't made up of superstars. You have 1 or 2 superstuds on each side of the ball and then you fill the rest with guys that know their role.

You accept mediocrity like a good King Carl minion...All 22 starters should be PB/HOF material, nothing less is accepting mediocrity.

Eleazar
08-04-2006, 11:11 AM
You accept mediocrity like a good King Carl minion...All 22 starters should be PB/HOF material, nothing less is accepting mediocrity.

lawl

Mr. Laz
08-04-2006, 11:26 AM
thanks for the feedback, Hyper.

Coogs
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Did other teams have to gameplan for Neil Smith? No, Derrick Thomas was the gamechanger. Neil Smith was a complimentary player. Hali is that same type of player.

I hope you are right. I just don't see that much difference between Hicks and Hali. They both get to the QB on occasion. Neither one really pressures the QB all the time like Allen can. And both can be handled by one blocker. I really hope Hali brings more to the table than Hicks, but I just didn't see it in the games I watched.

Hopefully he starts kicking tail and taking names tonight against the Vikes.

Rain Man
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
... When the backup OT's were on the field, Hali had more success. And his biggest plays usually came when he was left unblocked.... ie. when the OT in front of him would be pulling for some reason. Left unblocked, Hali was good.

So you're saying that we need to make sure that he's matched up against Matt Lepsis during the Broncos games?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-04-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope you are right. I just don't see that much difference between Hicks and Hali. They both get to the QB on occasion. Neither one really pressures the QB all the time like Allen can. And both can be handled by one blocker. I really hope Hali brings more to the table than Hicks, but I just didn't see it in the games I watched.

Hopefully he starts kicking tail and taking names tonight against the Vikes.

Hicks doesn't have the speed Hali has, but I think he has more power.

Hicks was helping with the drills, but wasn't working out a whole at TC.

Like I've said, Hali really brings the intesity.

Coogs
08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Hicks doesn't have the speed Hali has, but I think he has more power.

I'll buy that. The Northwestern game I saw was the only game that had the starting OT's going against Penn State. And Hali was overpowered in a 1-on-1 setting. In the other games.... South Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan, at least one starting OT was out with injuries, if not both starters. Several times if it was just one, Hali was switched to go up against the backup on the RDE position. And you really couldn't see a significant improvement in the power, but could see where speed came into play a bit more. Not Freeney type speed, maybe not even Allen. But quick enough to get by college backups. I really just did not see Hali overpower anyone.... starters or backups on a consistant basis at all.

HemiEd
08-04-2006, 06:00 PM

I do not want to throw any cold water on the Croyle enthusiasm, but I remember Todd Blackledge being trained in a similar fashion. I hope it works this time.

Tribesman
08-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the update hyperliteZO6, It's great getting a fans perspective. I think they should just cut Siavii now and be done with it.
Meh, keep him for training camp fodder then release him on the final roster cut down.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I'll buy that. The Northwestern game I saw was the only game that had the starting OT's going against Penn State. And Hali was overpowered in a 1-on-1 setting. In the other games.... South Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan, at least one starting OT was out with injuries, if not both starters. Several times if it was just one, Hali was switched to go up against the backup on the RDE position. And you really couldn't see a significant improvement in the power, but could see where speed came into play a bit more. Not Freeney type speed, maybe not even Allen. But quick enough to get by college backups. I really just did not see Hali overpower anyone.... starters or backups on a consistant basis at all.

I only saw him play one game. You obviously have seen him much more. We'll see what happens in the NFL.

This guy has potential.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
I do not want to throw any cold water on the Croyle enthusiasm, but I remember Todd Blackledge being trained in a similar fashion. I hope it works this time.

Noooo!