PDA

View Full Version : Question about the secondary...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Would it be in best interest to go ahead and let Page and/or Pollard start with Surtain and Law so they can gel throughout the season? I just think it may be bad for the secondary if they keep putting guys in there and then taking them out. Should the Chiefs take the route Marty did in 95 and let two rookies start and gel together, or what?

Moooo
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Only time will tell...

IMO they aren't ready yet. Maybe by the beginning of the year they will be.

Moooo

milkman
08-05-2006, 08:12 PM
I believe that you put the best players on the field, regardless of experience.

I don't believe it will happen.

And just for the record, Tongue and Woods were in their second season when they took the field.

Mr. Laz
08-05-2006, 08:16 PM
gotta wait until they play in an preseason game before deciding ... but wesley is a weakness imo.

and if page can actually cover a RB or TE i say throw him in there and let him start.

i don't know that i have ever seen Wesley able to cover anyone.

PastorMikH
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Regardless of who is the starter, the backups will see time. If they play well, they will see more time. If they continue to excel, they will be named starters.

4th and Long
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Regardless of who is the starter, the backups will see time. If they play well, they will see more time. If they continue to excel, they will be named starters.
To extend on that ...

Once they have excelled and became starters, they will remind Peterson that they are the No. 1 guy out there now and demand their contracts be reworked. Peterson will say something along the lines of, "They signed their contracts in good faith, bla bla bla." The players will go to the media and threaten to hold out and then, everyone here on the board, will shout, in unison, ...

Dammit, Carl! :cuss:

Adept Havelock
08-05-2006, 09:52 PM
To extend on that ...

Once they have excelled and became starters, they will remind Peterson that they are the No. 1 guy out there now and demand their contracts be reworked. Peterson will say something along the lines of, "They signed their contracts in good faith, bla bla bla." The players will go to the media and threaten to hold out and then, everyone here on the board, will shout, in unison, ...

Dammit, Carl! :cuss:

Carl will do what he damn-well pleases, and the circle of life will continue anew.....