PDA

View Full Version : I need help defending Trent...

fan4ever
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Just got back from Cardinal's training camp yesterday where I traveled with some pals to check it out. Not a Card fan really, but since I have a great place to stay up in Flagstaff, I usually hang with them on this pilgrimage every year. Make a long story short, I spent much of the time up there arguing that Green is a VERY GOOD QB, not an average or mediocre one. Two of the guys argued with me, one a Philly fan who thinks McNabb craps gold, and the other one a Detroit fan, so he's just jealous. Anyway, I'm compiling all the impressive stats that Green has put up over the years, and I can't find Green's QB rating for the Indianapolis playoff game (part of their points were about great QB's win playoff games, and I pointed out that Green doesn't play D and since our D has been so bad, he hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself but once, and when he did, he did pretty well). I know his numbers weren't staggering, but I'm almost positive his QB rating was still over 100. I'd also like to find out what McNabb's rating has been over the his past playoff experiences (I've always thought McNabb overated) including the SuperBowl, but I'm having a heck of a time finding those stats on the internet I've got all the other stuff about Trent really well covered except that info, and I've spent hours trying to find it.

I'm not totally stupid about surfing for this stuff, but I also know many of you are WAY BETTER, and if you wouldn't mind taking a couple of minutes to help me out, I'd appreciate shutting these guys' mouths.

Thanks.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2006, 04:16 PM
His QB rating for that game was 92.6.

He also had five passes dropped. One by Boerigter, one by Hall (both were TDs), two by Morton and one by Kennison.

Basically he played a perfect game that day. We never punted. Two offensive drives ended with a fumble (Priest's fault) and a missed field goal (Andersen's fault, and we failed to convert the third down because Morton dropped a pass).

Hammock Parties
08-06-2006, 04:19 PM
By the way, McNabb's teams never averaged that many points in the playoffs. It was always the defense doing the heavy lifting.

cdcox
08-06-2006, 04:21 PM
92.6 - I cacluated it from his game stats, but I'm sure my formula is correct because I've checked it against other sites.

Edit: too slow.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2006, 04:23 PM
pwned

cdcox
08-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Manning's was 138.8 that day.

For his career, Manning's post season rating is only 89.1. We got hosed by stochasticity.

JBucc
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
and suckydefenseicity

cdcox
08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
and suckydefenseicity

Well, yeah, there's that too.

cdcox
08-06-2006, 04:33 PM
By the way, McNabb's teams never averaged that many points in the playoffs. It was always the defense doing the heavy lifting.

McNabbb's post season passer rating is 80.1 - nothing spectacular.

fan4ever
08-06-2006, 04:44 PM
McNabbb's post season passer rating is 80.1 - nothing spectacular.

Are you sure about that? If you have a source, I'd like to reference that. This final statistic is the last of what I'm sending these guys.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2006, 04:48 PM
You can easily calculate it yourself. There are several sites that show you how. It's not hard.

All of McNabb's postseason stats are at NFL.com, too. Just look on the Eagles' schedule.

cdcox
08-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Are you sure about that? If you have a source, I'd like to reference that. This final statistic is the last of what I'm sending these guys.

Here is a site that has a caculator to do it for you.

http://home.new.rr.com/rosslahaye/

You'll also need McNabb's post season stats. You can find them here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/McNaDo00.htm

SLAG
08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Mike from Mike and Mike said that Trent was the Most Underrated QB in all of NFL

Hammock Parties
08-06-2006, 05:18 PM
All you need to know about McNabb is that he's only completed 60 percent of his passes or better once.

Demonpenz
08-06-2006, 05:19 PM
It has been wierd the last 5 years not bitching about a qb too much. With Grbac, kreig, and bono all you could do whats bitch because they were aweful.

pr_capone
08-06-2006, 07:35 PM
It has been wierd the last 5 years not bitching about a qb too much. With Grbac, kreig, and bono all you could do whats bitch because they were aweful.

How dare you speak against Bono?!?! :mad:

lol