PDA

View Full Version : Who are your ff sleepers?

cmh6476
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Chester Taylor, has the best FB in the league blockin for him now :thumb:

Deberg_1990
08-06-2006, 10:40 PM
my biggest is Jamal Lewis. Hes primed for a huge comeback season.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Roddy White.

cmh6476
08-06-2006, 10:44 PM
my biggest is Jamal Lewis. Hes primed for a huge comeback season.
you dont see Mike Anderson stealin some of his workload?

58-4ever
08-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Chester Taylor, has the best FB in the league blockin for him now :thumb:

Before I opened this thread, I was going to say Chester Taylor!

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Ron Dayne, RB/DEN

Earnest Wilford, WR/JAX

Chris Sims, QB/TB

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2006, 10:47 PM
you dont see Mike Anderson stealin some of his workload?

Nope. Not at all....

Moooo
08-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't laugh, but Ahman Green. People have kind of forgotten about him, and with the WR situation up there, I think he'll go for over 1500.

Moooo, who could be crazy

cmh6476
08-06-2006, 10:48 PM
for a WR I like Matt Jones in jax

Mr. Kotter
08-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Don't laugh, but Ahman Green. People have kind of forgotten about him, and with the WR situation up there, I think he'll go for over 1500.

Maybe. But I'm gonna take Sam Gado in a late round hunch that Green doesn't make it through the season due to injury...

Moooo
08-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Maybe. But I'm gonna take Sam Gado in a late round hunch that Green doesn't make it through the season due to injury...

If you get one, you need to get the other...

Moooo

Lurch
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Jon Kitna, Detroit; Curtis Conway, St. Louis; Heath Miller, Pittsburg

Miles
08-06-2006, 11:00 PM

He looked pretty slow last season before geting hurt again. I guess he could have a suprising season but his age and recent injury history has more than likely ended him being a solid fantasy starter.

NJ Chief Fan
08-06-2006, 11:04 PM
drew bledsoe

FloridaMan88
08-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Jon Kitna, Detroit; Curtis Conway, St. Louis; Heath Miller, Pittsburg

Curtis Conway is still playing?? Dude must be like 40 years old

Lurch
08-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Curtis Conway is still playing?? Dude must be like 40 years old

Sorry. I meant Kevin Curtis.

dred
08-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Jon Kitna, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams and Marcus Pollard.
Yes folks, the Lions offense will finally be productive this year.

Also expecting good things from the Cardinals D and Washington D.

Last but not least.

Adaii, RB-Indy

He is slipping under a lot of people's radars since the Colts are rumored as going with more of a "platoon" approach with Addaii and Domonic Rhodes this year without Edge, but don't let that fool you.

Adaii will be in the starting role by the week 2-3.

noa
08-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Jon Kitna, Kevin Jones, Roy Williams and Marcus Pollard.
Yes folks, the Lions offense will finally be productive this year.

Also expecting good things from the Cardinals D and Washington D.

Last but not least.

Adaii, RB-Indy

He is slipping under a lot of people's radars since the Colts are rumored as going with more of a "platoon" approach with Addaii and Domonic Rhodes this year without Edge, but don't let that fool you.

Adaii will be in the starting role by the week 2-3.

I like the Lions offense except Marcus Pollard. Martz TE's never produce good fantasy numbers.

dred
08-07-2006, 12:31 AM
I like the Lions offense except Marcus Pollard. Martz TE's never produce good fantasy numbers.

Point taken.

As far as TE's are concerned, I have also been eyeballing Billy Miller - TE,Saints.

Drew Brees "does" seem to utilize his TE's (aka Antonio gates) and Billy Miller did show some major upside in his first year with Houston.
Last year was... well I won't comment on the Texans last year.

big nasty kcnut
08-07-2006, 01:45 AM
i think david carr will have a good year don't know why but i do.

Moooo
08-07-2006, 02:08 AM

I hope so. God knows he deserves it. :)

Moooo

KCChiefsMan
08-07-2006, 03:22 AM
Drew Bledsoe
Braylon Edwards
CHIEFS DEFENSE
Chester Taylor
maybe....maybe Charlie Frye

Moooo
08-07-2006, 03:27 AM
Drew Bledsoe
Braylon Edwards
CHIEFS DEFENSE
Chester Taylor
maybe....maybe Charlie Frye

I'd go with Charlie Frye, as long as his offense stays healthy.

I, much like everyone else grow old of hearing Kellen Winslow talk his smack, but He's still a capable player who can help out that offense.

Speaking of which, how much I hate to say it Kellen Winslow might be a sleeper...

Moooo

LiL stumppy
08-07-2006, 05:36 AM
DeAngalo Williams.Only other back I have see in my football career(lol)to come out of that bad of a team and still rack up numbers the way he did was LT.

jspchief
08-07-2006, 06:17 AM

Moooo, who could be crazyHope your league doesn't deduct for fumbles....

DaKCMan AP
08-07-2006, 06:26 AM
reggie brown
samie parker
addai

MahiMike
08-07-2006, 06:26 AM
for a WR I like Matt Jones in jax

Good one. And if your league plays TE, try Marcedes Lewis in Jax. He's the 1st TE w/hands they've had in 8 years.

Hoover
08-07-2006, 08:35 AM
My Sleepers

Running Back

Chester Taylor - I like this guy so much he really can't be called a sleeper. The Vikes interior line is bad ass with Hutchinson, and their center back healthy. He also have T-Rich leading the way for him. Also Brad Johnson isn't going to put up the ball a lot, so I expect Taylor to get a tron of carries.

QB: Jon Kitna. With those recievers and Mike Martz calling the plays Kitna have a career year. The funny thing is you can pick him up on the waiver wire...

WR: I think Koren Robinson and Javon Walker will have big come back years, especially if their teams can run the ball, but I don't know if you can call them sleepers.

I like the WR in Philly and Samie Parker.

TE: I really think Dallas Clarke could put up a monster year with Edge leaving the team. I think defenses will key on the WR's leaving the middle open for Clarke and the running game.

dred
08-07-2006, 08:46 AM
You just reminded me of another sleeper pick, Hoover.

Nate Burleson.

With Hasselbeck now throwing to him, he is due to have the monster year everyone expected from last season.

Iowanian
08-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Kitna has a vet presence, somewhat of a running game and some quality WRs.....

Chester Taylor has a great Oline, a very good FB and a passing game around him.

noa
08-07-2006, 09:47 AM

Me too. They have a new coach and they got Eric Moulds, both of which should help him this season.

buddha
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Matt Jones will really emerge this year.

I like Addai and also the rookie RB in NE...Maroney.

Jordan
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM

I like Addai and also the rookie RB in NE...Maroney.

I don't like Maroney so much. Word out of Patriot camp is that Dillon is in tremendous shape and has a chip on his shoulder after last year. It's no L.J. chip, but a chip none the less.

Apparently, Dillon has been running up mountains (literally) this off season. I'd say that is a ligit routine! Rocky-esque.

jspchief
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM

I like Addai and also the rookie RB in NE...Maroney.Most WRs don't really come into their own until year 3. The likelihood of a converted QB becoming a stud WR in year 2 seems small. Not saying impossible, just that it really goes against the odds.

Nzoner
08-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Most WRs don't really come into their own until year 3. The likelihood of a converted QB becoming a stud WR in year 2 seems small. Not saying impossible, just that it really goes against the odds.

Even with Smith etc. last year he caught 5 td's and had a little over 400 yards.Listening to Sirius the other day they were commenting on how Leftwich loves looking for him in the redzone.

While I totally agree with your take I'm hoping to nab him in the latter rounds.

dred
08-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Lendale White should be another good RB that a lot of people will overlook.

With Chris Brown only averaging 3.8 last season, he is sure to get a lot of chances.

Supposively one of the better power backs in the draft, despite him dropping into the 2nd round.

Herzig
08-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I can't believe no one's said Mike Bell RB Denver...

I agree with Chester Taylor...CMH...I see you all over the place at FFToday..I'm Chief71 over there.

Hydrae
08-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Another name that intrigues me this year is Keyshawn. Playing opposite Steve Smith, he could have a huge year for a #2 WR.

KChiefs1
08-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Michael Bennett when LJ gets injured the first game of the season.

Skyy God
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM

Somehow, I'm not laughing.

My sleeper is whichever RB gets traded to the Jets.... Chris Brown, Thomas Jones (especially), etc.

Nzoner
08-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Another name that intrigues me this year is Keyshawn. Playing opposite Steve Smith, he could have a huge year for a #2 WR.

I'm not going to bite,my pre-draft rankings are set for our league ;)

Speaking of which I thought that auto-pilot draft was supposed to have our teams finished by now,we could've held an on-line draft.

Hydrae
08-07-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm not going to bite,my pre-draft rankings are set for our league ;)

Speaking of which I thought that auto-pilot draft was supposed to have our teams finished by now,we could've held an on-line draft.

I made a couple of changes at the very top end of the draft but don't want to go to that much effort in rearranging things. I will let the draft fall out as it may and hit the wires afterwards if needed.

Hydrae
08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Somehow, I'm not laughing.

My sleeper is whichever RB gets traded to the Jets.... Chris Brown, Thomas Jones (especially), etc.

I was just reading that they may be looking at Lee Suggs too. :eek:

ct
08-07-2006, 05:56 PM
QB Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunell
RB Joseph Addai
WR Troy Williamson
TE Kellen Winslow III
K Lawrence Tynes
D KC CHIEFS!!!

Mile High Mania
08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
I can't believe no one's said Mike Bell RB Denver...

I agree with Chester Taylor...CMH...I see you all over the place at FFToday..I'm Chief71 over there.

I think Mike Bell is set up well for rookie of the year... the buzz by this one move by Shanahan is simply amazing to me. Let's see how the kid does against the Lions on Friday before we get too nuts.

BigVE
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
If I could slap you through the computer screen I would do it right about now....SLAP!!!

Sam Hall
08-07-2006, 07:49 PM
QB Jake Delhomme, Mark Brunell
RB Joseph Addai
WR Troy Williamson
TE Kellen Winslow III
K Lawrence Tynes
D KC CHIEFS!!!

I want Delhomme to be my starter. I think he can be had in the 8th round of most drafts. This is ideal :)

I also wouldn't mind taking Heath Miller or Chris Cooley in the 7th round.