PDA

View Full Version : Making my first trip to KC. . .which game would u choose. . .

mac58
08-07-2006, 09:39 AM
im a New york fan for about 17 yrs now. . .never been out to Arrowhead. . .finally have the money and time. ..def going this year trying to decide which game to go to:

Opening day vs Bengals

or

Thanksgiving vs Broncos

what do u think?

JBucc
08-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanksgiving. It's against the Broncos and you get to avoid your family. Unless you like your family...

Saulbadguy
Opening day. They have yellow crates in which balloons launch from. It is very exciting.

Moooo
Turkey day vs. Arch Nemesis = Coolness.

Moooo

Fire Me Boy!
Thanksgiving will probably be the better game, but opening day is tough to beat. Either one, IMO, is a can't miss.

StcChief
08-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Conf/Divsion game. Depends on what kinda weather you want to see game in.

HOME Opener very nice weather and more festivities.

mac58
08-07-2006, 09:44 AM
what kind of festivities?. . .i basically want to go to get the full arrowhead experience . .

Predarat
08-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Id go to the Broncos game on Thanksgiving but the opener would be great too.

Fire Me Boy!
08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
The only concern I'd have with the Thanksgiving game would be a less-than full stadium. Some of those season ticket holders won't fill their seats because they're doing the family thing. Hope opener will be rocking.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanksgiving will give you the FULL Arrowhead experience.

You can't beat watching the broncos gets their asses kicked in cold weather. Every year this game is absolutely crazy, loud, and the most vicious fans come to it. Opening game you don't get the full experience because it's not cold, and usually it's not the nastiest crowd. It's still loud, but I'd go Broncos. I strongly reccommend it.

Molitoth
08-07-2006, 09:52 AM
You can't go wrong with either choice, deffintly the 2 best home games of the season.

Fire Me Boy!
08-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Broncos is definitely the best game I've ever been to... hyperliteZO6 is certainly right the crowd will be different at Thanksgiving.

I stand by my original statement, however: you can't go wrong with either one. Take the weather into consideration. If you're a cold-weather pansy, you might want the Sept. 10 game.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I would go Opening Day - it's one of the best experiences ever

StcChief
08-07-2006, 11:23 AM
what kind of festivities?. . .i basically want to go to get the full arrowhead experience . .

The town is more rockin' before Homeopener.

Tent parties...

Jet flyovers, Red Friday....

Balloon and Firework launches

|Zach|
08-07-2006, 11:29 AM
No question....Broncos.

RedandGold
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
I love going to the home opener regardless of the opponent, but since you are only making the trip for one game, you have to go with the Thanksgiving game against the Broncos.

To get the full Arrowhead experience, it's tough to beat an outdoor game in cold weather against a hated divisional rival. The crowd will be absolutely insane and it is ALWAYS a good game!

Wile_E_Coyote
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
before making up your mind, do a search of Logical threads. You may want to go opening day instead of trying to sell your tickets for Thanksgiving day. With the Chiefs being in the toliet & all

Logical
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Tailgating will be better for home opener and that is a huge part of gameday experience. Actual game Denver is best choice but Cinci should be quite challenging.

Logical
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
before making up your mind, do a search of Logical threads. You may want to go opening day instead of trying to sell your tickets for Thanksgiving day. With the Chiefs being in the toliet & allROFL

Wow a mention and I had not even posted in the thread yet.

boogblaster
08-07-2006, 11:44 AM
BRONCS vs CHIEFS that would be my pick or the CHARGERS game both will be good games..

BOOG OUTT ....

Demonpenz
weather should be nice for the home opener

|Zach|
I don't see how the experience is that different for the opener when you compare it to a game with our biggest rival...

Wile_E_Coyote
08-07-2006, 11:46 AM
ROFL

Wow a mention and I had not even posted in the thread yet.

ROFLROFL

sedated
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Broncos is a can't miss, but considering it's on Thanksgiving, the crowd might not be in peak form.

Even if Arowwhead is full, it might be full of lame families who could care less about cheering.

luv
08-07-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't see how the experience is that different for the opener when you compare it to a game with our biggest rival...
That's what I was wondering. I went to the Broncos game last year, and it was awesome. Never been to a home opener. I've heard there's lots of extras that go on during pregame and halftime that are really cool though.

MOhillbilly
08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Broncos is a can't miss, but considering it's on Thanksgiving, the crowd might not be in peak form.

Even if Arowwhead is full, it might be full of lame families who could care less about cheering.

ditto on the holiday game.

Home opener will be supercharged. KC has gone back and forth w/ Cinci for a few years now.

No way they get out w/a win opening day.

Ebolapox
08-07-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm going to the turkey day game cause I work sundays, and have never been to a chiefs night game--I'm REALLY looking forward to it, as I haven't been to a game in a few years

Rain Man
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
How about putting them together and seeing the Broncos on opening day?

Nzoner
08-07-2006, 02:01 PM

On the contrary I can see some of those lame families giving up their tickets,kind of like the Christmas Day game a couple of years ago against the rayduhs.That game was a great atmosphere,besides it's a hated division rival,no matter what the records are or when it was I can't recall a bronco or rayduh game that the crowd wasn't in top form.

mac58
08-07-2006, 02:26 PM
thanks foer all the input. . .both would be good but I think my schedule fits Turkey day better. . .hey if anyone here is going let me know. . .i will be tailgating asll day with a ton of alcohol and food. . .

Nzoner
08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
thanks foer all the input. . .both would be good but I think my schedule fits Turkey day better. . .hey if anyone here is going let me know. . .i will be tailgating asll day with a ton of alcohol and food. . .

Too bad you couldn't make the planet bash weekend(Chargers game)it'd be great to meet you.

Smed1065
08-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I had one game that I could go to this year and I picked the dungvers game. It could do something with one of my best friend being a dungvers fan.

DonJaun
08-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Donks game you cant go wrong. Opening day against big mouth ( Chad ) will be very good also. If you do go in November check the weather cause it gets real cold. If it is cold , Dont be the only dumbass without overalls.

|Zach|
08-07-2006, 06:33 PM
I think of the oppisite on holidays...those tgiving and xmas day games have had really rowdy fans IMO...you don't lose anything...

If a family isnt that much into football than the last thing they are going to do on a holiday like thanksgiving is go to a Chiefs game.