PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic, Interactive 2006 NFL Schedule...

MadForPlaid
08-07-2006, 03:34 PM
All:

The newest version of my dynamic, interactive 2006 NFL Schedule is now complete!

I have incorporated data from NFL.com and DirecTV.com, while accounting for all byes, games, times, networks, NFL Sunday Ticket channels, etc!!

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madforplaid/nfl_schedule.html

Enjoy,

MadForPlaid

cdcox
08-07-2006, 03:41 PM
What is cool is that I can use the scroll bar to match the games up with the team helmet icons.

I also like how the whole world is in Pacific time.

penguinz
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
What is cool is that I can use the scroll bar to match the games up with the team helmet icons.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-07-2006, 03:48 PM
I like the Chiefs' Shield:

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/9/chiefska8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

StcChief
08-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Cute. not real fast to load...

MadForPlaid
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM

cdcox,

Hours upon hours go into this code every year. The reason being because NFL.com and DirecTv.com change their websites constantly, i.e. change look and layout!!

I use VBA (Excel macros) each year to generate the JavaScript code used to populate all the data. Without VBA, manually creating the JavaScript would be a nightmare each new season's schedule.

Regarding the formatting, what browser are you using to view the site?

The reason I ask is because I have tailored the website for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) only since the coding took such an extensive amount of time!!

If you want to see the full effects, simply use IE (screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels) instead of other browsers!!

Lastly, everything is always on eastern time, so I decided to put it into my time zone.

Glad you liked it though!

MadForPlaid

cdcox
08-07-2006, 10:15 PM
cdcox,

Hours upon hours go into this code every year. The reason being because NFL.com and DirecTv.com change their websites constantly, i.e. change look and layout!!

I use VBA (Excel macros) each year to generate the JavaScript code used to populate all the data. Without VBA, manually creating the JavaScript would be a nightmare each new season's schedule.

Regarding the formatting, what browser are you using to view the site?

The reason I ask is because I have tailored the website for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) only since the coding took such an extensive amount of time!!

If you want to see the full effects, simply use IE (screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels) instead of other browsers!!

Lastly, everything is always on eastern time, so I decided to put it into my time zone.

Glad you liked it though!

MadForPlaid

I more than most can appreciate the effort that went into this. I have my own web-distributed software with hunderds of my hours buried in it. You can check it our at:

www.nfl-forecast.com

I'm using IE 6 but at 1680x1050 resolution. I tried it at your suggested resolution (is anyone still using a monitor at that resolution?) and it helped some, but still had some alignment problems. The problem is the hemet icons - just get rid of them. A cool button would be to bring the schedule into the time zone of your choice. Sorry to smack on you, it was all in fun.

teedubya
08-07-2006, 10:39 PM
you two should combine efforts and create something really cool.

MadForPlaid
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I more than most can appreciate the effort that went into this. I have my own web-distributed software with hunderds of my hours buried in it. You can check it our at:

www.nfl-forecast.com

I'm using IE 6 but at 1680x1050 resolution. I tried it at your suggested resolution (is anyone still using a monitor at that resolution?) and it helped some, but still had some alignment problems. The problem is the hemet icons - just get rid of them. A cool button would be to bring the schedule into the time zone of your choice. Sorry to smack on you, it was all in fun.

cdcox,

I like the timezone idea; I'll probably attempt to implement it next season!

Thanks,

MadForPlaid

PS Nice site by the way!!

MadForPlaid
08-08-2006, 02:46 PM
In summary, here is the user's guide:

To view a particular team's schedule, click on their helmet image to open up a new browser window displaying their 2006 NFL Schedule. Additionally, I have provided quick reference images/radio buttons below the current team's crest image to view each division opponent's schedule.

The week radio buttons are used to display in a new browser window the schedule for a given week including all byes and games for each team.

Within all schedules, team as well as week, click on an image to open up a new browser window of that team's official website, NFL.com, or SuperBowl.com respectively.

MadForPlaid

MOhillbilly
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM

or destroy the universe

MadForPlaid
08-11-2006, 09:35 PM
or destroy the universe

MOkillbilly,

Now what makes you think we would do that... :P

MadForPlaid

MadForPlaid
08-11-2006, 09:37 PM

Ari Chi3fs,

Yeah, it would truly be a collaborative effort!!

Ideas?

MadForPlaid

Tribal Warfare
08-11-2006, 11:55 PM
don't forget www.fanzon.com (http://www.fanzon.com)

they have a great interactive schedule that I have loaded on my computer

MadForPlaid
08-12-2006, 12:23 AM
don't forget www.fanzon.com (http://www.fanzon.com)

they have a great interactive schedule that I have loaded on my computer

Tribal Warfare,

They make a nice app it appears!!

The only thing (unless I am mistaken) is that it doesn't show the schedule for DirecTV games, no?

If they implemented it, then it would definitely rock!!

MadForPlaid

Psyko Tek
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
excellent work

give this man some rep

MadForPlaid
08-13-2006, 11:41 AM
excellent work

give this man some rep

Psyko Tek,

Thanks for the kudos!

I created this to share with others so that it is a quick, accurate NFL schedule reference for all to enjoy especially those with DirecTV!!

Regarding the flexible schedules this year, once the game/network/channel/time changes are announced in the days leading up to NBC's Sunday night games for the final weeks of the season, I will immediately rerun my VBA macros to generate the new JavaScript and update the necessary HTML/JS files!

I am also planning to update the NFL schedule for all time zones this season, time permitting.

More later,

MadForPlaid

Bob Dole
08-13-2006, 11:53 AM
!

!!!

!