PDA

View Full Version : Liriano Injured

Moooo
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
So I just heard Twins Pitcher Fracisco Liriano is out indefinitely with a messed up elbow.

How does this change the Wild Card race?

Moooo

58-4ever
08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
The Royals are definitely back in it now! PBJ

Sure-Oz
08-08-2006, 01:50 PM
He got shelled last night in 4 innings, that sucks for him!
That def. hurts minn alot, they'll have to rely on Boof now behind Santana!

Moooo
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
The Royals are definitely back in it now! PBJ

Sorry, I didn't see a baseball icon. I saw a football one, but I thought that would be even more confusing...

Moooo

sedated
08-08-2006, 02:23 PM
this happens so much:

-bad-ass has sore arm

-team assures media it's not elbow/shoulder and sits him for 1 start

- he returns to pitch like sh!t

- suddenly the pain IS in elbow/shoulder

- before the end of the season pitcher is getting tommy johns

Here's my question:

could serious surgery be avoided by shutting him down for season before pain escalates?

or is serious surgery inevitable at first sign of pain?

vikingfan1
08-08-2006, 02:33 PM
The Twins are calling up Matt Garza - their latest pitching prospect. Boof won't be back up, nor will Baker.

This sucks for the Twins...Liriano is the guy who got them fired up about the team again...we'll see how Brad "My arm is about to fall off" Radke does tonight against the Tiggers.

Sure-Oz
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
The Twins are calling up Matt Garza - their latest pitching prospect. Boof won't be back up, nor will Baker.

This sucks for the Twins...Liriano is the guy who got them fired up about the team again...we'll see how Brad "My arm is about to fall off" Radke does tonight against the Tiggers.
What are garza's #'s?

btw welcome to the planet n00b!

Delano
08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
What are garza's #'s?

btw welcome to the planet n00b!

I remember hearing Terry Ryan say that Garza was a top five pitching prospect. Last I heard he was trying to develop some pitches other than his fastball and wasn't going to ascend to the big show until 07. 3-1 in five starts with a 1.85 ERA and 35 SO at triple-A. He is 18-8 with 243 SO's in his minor league career while earning a 2.73 ERA.

vikingfan1
08-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here...I actually came to talk about the Chiefs (you guys do have Bennett - one of my favorite players, if not an underacheiver), but couldn't pass up a thread on Liriano.

Garza's # is 21. I know Terry Ryan didn't want to bring him up this year to let him develop some more, but Boof, Baker, and that other kid showed that they are still AAA pitchers, not big leaguers.

I hope this doesn't kill his confidence. With Liriano out, we are definitely grasping for a rotation. Radke has been pretty solid, Santana has been wafing lately (but he'll come around), and Silva is just too unpredictable. I'm positive Chicago won't have any sympathy towards our injuries.

Sure-Oz
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here...I actually came to talk about the Chiefs (you guys do have Bennett - one of my favorite players, if not an underacheiver), but couldn't pass up a thread on Liriano.

Garza's # is 21. I know Terry Ryan didn't want to bring him up this year to let him develop some more, but Boof, Baker, and that other kid showed that they are still AAA pitchers, not big leaguers.

I hope this doesn't kill his confidence. With Liriano out, we are definitely grasping for a rotation. Radke has been pretty solid, Santana has been wafing lately (but he'll come around), and Silva is just too unpredictable. I'm positive Chicago won't have any sympathy towards our injuries.
I'd love for the twins to get in, it will be a crazy race. No prob, hopefully you can stick around, and just roll with any n00b punches as they go, don't take shit too seriously here. Anyway welcome, and goodluck to your twins. We sure as hell helped them. :huh: :p

vikingfan1
08-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks again...I've been around the block in other forums, so I'm not too concerned. I found this forum listed as one of the web's most popular, so I thought I would get involved...