PDA

View Full Version : Another KSU QB Leaving...

SquirrellyBastard
08-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Frank Boal, on 810 am, is reporting that Allan Everidge,QB, is now leaving KSU.

I hope Prince know's what he's doing! He's making me nervous...

Saulbadguy
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
It's gonna be a rough few years.

RockChalk
08-09-2006, 10:12 AM

Not any different from the prior couple of years

Saulbadguy
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Not any different from the prior couple of years
No, probably worse.

sedated
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
looks like freeman's chances just increased

Saulbadguy
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
looks like freeman's chances just increased
From what i've been hearing, that's never been an issue. (He's always gotten most of the "chances")

WilliamTheIrish
08-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Shit!

I always thought he would be a solid, if unspectacular, college qb.

This isn't the best news I've heard all day.

chief2000
08-09-2006, 10:51 AM
(From what i've been hearing, that's never been an issue. (He's always gotten most of the "chances" )

Pure Hearsay.

DaKCMan AP
08-09-2006, 10:56 AM
From what i've been hearing, that's never been an issue. (He's always gotten most of the "chances")

Just for you.....Tebow's better :D :p

WilliamTheIrish
08-09-2006, 11:04 AM

Can you guys send us one of yours?

DaKCMan AP
08-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Can you guys send us one of yours?

I'd have given you Josh Portis, but he's already gone. Ingram is now a TE (and he looked damn good at it in the spring game) and Dickey is done.

WilliamTheIrish
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
You're no help.

Sam Hall
08-09-2006, 05:06 PM
You can blame Prince for putting Evridge on the back burner. He's a good college quarterback, and I don't care what offense is being run. Evridge could scare some defenses. I've heard that Dylan Meier will be the starter. Good luck with that.

ChiefaRoo
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
You guys should fire Prince and hire Bob Hug.....

Nevermind

Hydrae
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Would he be available to suit up for the Chiefs this weekend? :hmmm:

Mecca
08-09-2006, 08:05 PM

USC still beat you in recruiting..... :p

WilliamTheIrish
08-09-2006, 08:34 PM
You can blame Prince for putting Evridge on the back burner. He's a good college quarterback, and I don't care what offense is being run. Evridge could scare some defenses. I've heard that Dylan Meier will be the starter. Good luck with that.

Man, I don't know where I'd be without Husker fans... I was certain it was going to Bill Snyder's fault for "putting Evridge on the back burner."

Saulbadguy
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Man, I don't know where I'd be without Husker fans... I was certain it was going to Bill Snyder's fault for "putting Evridge on the back burner."
It was John Blakes fault.

leviw
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM

OK, I'll bite.

I've been out of the CP pocket for some time, what's your take on all this, Saul? I'm highly curious.

Moooo
08-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Look on the bright side...

In the Big 12 North, it's all up for grabs basically one week to the next. A suprisingly (but not miraculously) good K-State team could still make it to the big 12 Championship and a bowl game.

If you can get a bowl game on an off year, you're doing okay...

Moooo

alanm
08-11-2006, 01:18 AM
What is it with all these kids quitting these days? First it was Beck last weekend because he got demoted to 3rd team on the depth chart. So he skips practice and goes off to pout driving around in his car. A assclown on the local Lincoln paper decides it would be a fun thing to call Becks Mom and inform her that her son is MIA and why. Mom opens her mouth spouting nonsense and other quotes of the year about why her boy is better than Montana and Elway and anyone else who played the game right now. Kid wakes up Sunday morning and sees all of Mom's quotes all over the paper and TV and realizes "There's no way I can go back now."
His Mom pretty much burnt all the bridges for her son. Hell... "I'd" be to embarassed to ever go back. Anyway, next day he walks in asks for his release and gets it. He's gone.
We got a new juco kid signed and coming to town Saturday. I hear he was a Rivals Elite 11 two years ago. :D

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 07:26 AM
OK, I'll bite.

I've been out of the CP pocket for some time, what's your take on all this, Saul? I'm highly curious.
My thoughts? The QB race was not open. Freeman was the starter from the beginning.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh, and to add on to those thoughts:

#1 player in the country.

leviw
08-11-2006, 12:07 PM
My thoughts? The QB race was not open. Freeman was the starter from the beginning.

I was speaking more to the "rough few years" sentiment.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I was speaking more to the "rough few years" sentiment.
I'd be foolish to think Freeman will do good in his first year. Not too many true freshman QB's can do that, in any league. We don't have anyone proven at RB. Our O-Line is still a mess. I think our strength will be defense.

Given all that, we have a coaching staff that will basically be learning on the fly.

leviw
08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd be foolish to think Freeman will do good in his first year. Not too many true freshman QB's can do that, in any league. We don't have anyone proven at RB. Our O-Line is still a mess. I think our strength will be defense.

Given all that, we have a coaching staff that will basically be learning on the fly.

Agreed.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Have you been watching the practices? What do you think? How is the defense looking?

leviw
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Have you been watching the practices? What do you think? How is the defense looking?

I just saw Saturday's open practice, and I'll be there tomorrow. The defense is heads and shoulders above the offense, but I think that's normal at that point in camp. We'll be able to tell a lot more tomorrow. I think Prince was embarrassed how the offense performed in 11-on-11s last week. Can't really blamed him. It wasn't good.

It wasn't just the quarterbacks, either. Thomas Clayton was typical, taking one handoff, attempted to make a cut and fell on his ass without being touched. The "ones" offensive line gave Dylan about 2.5 seconds to throw, which was a big reason for his terrible day.

That said, the front four was getting great penetration. The linebackers are great, if not better. The secondary is the only question mark, to me, and that's because I'm not sure how Watts really is. I'm thinking 75-80%, but he was the leader of that unit last year. McKinney is good.

I don't think the offense will score that many points this season. The defense shouldn't allow that many if they can grasp onto Raheem's Tampa 2/Cover 2/Whatever the hell combo they're trying to run.

Special teams will be big.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Any particular DE/DT's stand out? I think our JUCO additions on the line will really help. I like our LB's experience. The secondary should get better once Watts gets better, and Garvin practices. I really really like the McKinney/Garvin tandem.

I'd like to feel good about our RB's..I just don't. Clayton is a freakish athlete, he just has no balance. Fisher is likely done for the year. Keep an eye on Leon Patten for me, please.

leviw
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Any particular DE/DT's stand out? I think our JUCO additions on the line will really help. I like our LB's experience. The secondary should get better once Watts gets better, and Garvin practices. I really really like the McKinney/Garvin tandem.

I'd like to feel good about our RB's..I just don't. Clayton is a freakish athlete, he just has no balance. Fisher is likely done for the year. Keep an eye on Leon Patten for me, please.

Childs is smaller than Freeman, height and weight, which is funny. Manu should fit in nicely. I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell is leaps and bounds better than he's been the last two seasons. He's got the tools, just hasn't put them together yet. I'm not sure about the interior. I think Seiler will get destroyed in there, and Elchols still isn't in shape. Cline isn't even average. It's tough to say.

I don't undestand why Alsup has fallen under everyone's radar. I think he'll be a contributer all season, but I seem to be the only one that thinks that. Haven't seen much of Patten, but he's obviously going to get a look.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Alsup pissed me off when he dropped that wide open TD pass at the Marshall game. I don't know if I can ever forgive him for that. :) He had some decent games at the end of the season last year.

I like Leon Patton because of his speed and his moves. Reminds me of David Allen.

Of course, this means nothing if our O-Line sucks.

KevB
08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Brandon Balkom will be starting at DT within three games. Zach Kendall would have been in the rotation, but apparently just tore his ACL. If Seiler plays significant time at DT, I don't care how good our LB's are....it won't matter. We have quite a few options in the defensive backfield if everyone is healthy, so I'm hoping that will shake itself out. We need Childs and Campbell to come up big, along with Jackson at DE.

I can't believe our RB situation has fallen to this point. Just two years ago, we had Sproles, Clayton (who was thought to be a stud), Fisher, Alsup, Anders, etc. The strength of the team. Now, um, not so much. Do we ever need James Johnson to show up. It wouldn't surprise me if this team averages less than 20 points a game. We really need Prince to go back to his roots and get the O-Line in order to have a successful season.

chief2000
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Zach Kendall tore his ACL ?

When ? You must have the wrong guy.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM

I heard that too.

KevB
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Unfortunately, no, I don't. Happened recently enough that it just came out today.

Pitt Gorilla
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Was he a part of the GRCOAT?

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Yes.

leviw
08-11-2006, 04:14 PM

We all are.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 04:26 PM
We all are.

Levi, you need to visit ksufans soon.

There is a new acronym regarding the GRCOAT.

It's MCMW.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 04:29 PM

It's MCMW.
Does that stand for "Top Players won't attend the Dairy on the Prairie"?

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Does that stand for "Top Players won't attend the Dairy on the Prairie"?

No. It stands for:

"I got a psych degree from KU in '65 and it has served me well as a satellite tech for DaveTV."

leviw
08-11-2006, 04:49 PM

It's MCMW.

I've seen it, but got to be honest, I have no idea what it stands for.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 04:58 PM
No. It stands for:

"I got a psych degree from KU in '65 and it has served me well as a satellite tech for DaveTV."
Hahahahaha. You're a little touchy I see.

MyChiefConcern
08-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Frankly, I'm just enjoying how it took all of two seconds for the members of the KSU fanbase to start turning on eachother like a pack of wolves over this Evridge thing.

One group believes Evridge is a quitter, with no concept of team.

The other thinks Ron Prince is a classless buffoon.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Hahahahaha. You're a little touchy I see.

Don't play coy, Kotter.

I'll be here putting the wood to you till you run away next time.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Frankly, I'm just enjoying how it took all of two seconds for the members of the KSU fanbase to start turning on eachother like a pack of wolves over this Evridge thing.

One group believes Evridge is a quitter, with no concept of team.

The other thinks Ron Prince is a classless buffoon.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

Then there is the group that says: "Let's sit back and see how it all plays out." (me)

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Then there is the group that says: "Let's sit back and see how it all plays out." (me)
Then after you see how it all plays out you can say "Wait till Next Year".

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Then after you see how it all plays out you can say "Wait till Next Year".

That's usually how it goes, yes.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Only at KU (http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/aug/11/freshman_becomes_first_male_kus_rock_chalk_dance_t/?ku_news)

======================================================

Freshman becomes first male on KU’s Rock Chalk Dance Team
By Sophia Maines (Contact)

Friday, August 11, 2006

Tim Flattery didn’t know he was making Kansas University history when he tried out for the traditionally all-female Rock Chalk Dance Team.

He simply wanted to dance.

“I just came to try out,” said Flattery, the first male member of the team, according to those close to the program. “It’s really cool to be (the first) — to open the doors for everybody else.”

Flattery, a freshman, is among 22 dancers on the team that performs at KU sporting events and special festivities. Though his entrance marks a break from tradition, his teammates have embraced him.

“It’s something that we’re going to see more and more,” coach Tasha Ruble said. “I think it was just a matter of time.”

Small town

On Thursday the dancers were in the studio, sweating their way through a heart-pumping practice.

In straight lines, they danced to KU fight songs, swinging their hips and kicking their legs into the air. Flattery danced at the end of one line, holding his head high.

Being the first male on an all-female squad is nothing new for Flattery. He grew up in Onaga, a Pottawatomie County town of about 700.

He started dancing a decade ago after a friend coaxed him into participating in a dance class. Flattery fell in love with dance.

Life can be chaotic, but dance is a release, he said.

“It’s like a world of your own,” he said. “It’s like an escape.”

Flattery joined the dance squad in high school. Some questioned him at first.

“You’re on the dance team?” Flattery recalls skeptics asking. “We’ve never heard of a boy on a dance team.”

But Flattery never hesitated, never feared standing out.

“I had to keep true to myself and keep doing what I love to do,” he said. “I never felt restrictions because I’m a very strong-willed person.”

Flattery was the captain of the high school squad for his sophomore, junior and senior years.

He said he and others used their dance studio training and passion for dance to transform the team. They went to competitions in Texas and Missouri, and gathered accolades.

“We started turning heads,” he said.

But Flattery didn’t want to steal the show. If someone gave him praise, he responded by asking about the entire team’s performance.

“Just because I am a different gender doesn’t mean all the focus has to be on me,” he said. “I’m a team player.”

A new level

Now a dance major at KU, Flattery is confident in his abilities.

“I know how to perform,” he said. “I know how to get the crowd going.”

Finding a spot on the KU dance team isn’t easy, Ruble said. The team has placed among the top five in national competitions in the last three years.

More than 75 students registered for tryouts.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
This should excite at least 66% of the crowd... ROFL

MyChiefConcern
08-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Which begs the question:

Which would you rather have as a laughingstock? Your dance team, or your football team?

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Which begs the question:

Which would you rather have as a laughingstock? Your dance team, or your football team?

Lucky for you, it's both.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Which begs the question:

Hahahahaha. Good one. William is staggered but is saved by the bell.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Yay! Go team!

MyChiefConcern
08-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Lucky for you, it's both.

Is KSU's dance team a source of embarassment? I had no idea.

It IS my lucky day!

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 08:32 PM

Skip, be sure to wash up after each reacharound.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Is KSU's dance team a source of embarassment? I had no idea.

It IS my lucky day!

It happens.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Skip, be sure to wash up after each reacharound.
You're still around? I didn't think you would show your face after being floored by the n00b.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
You're still around? I didn't think you would show your face after being floored by the n00b.

Of course I'm still around. I wouldn't do anything like run away from the board, create a (kotter) alias and post as though I were a n00b.

I leave to that to the older, weaker, cable types.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Of course I'm still around. I wouldn't do anything like run away from the board, create a (kotter) alias and post as though I were a n00b.

I leave to that to the older, weaker, cable types.
I'm amazed KSU fans even have the nerve to come to a message board after being kicked around for 50+ years. I guess you must get used to it, huh?

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm amazed KSU fans even have the nerve to come to a message board after being kicked around for 50+ years. I guess you must get used to it, huh?

Are you still here?

alanm
08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I love football season. :thumb:

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 08:57 PM

There's some truth to that statement. Tradition means nothing to KSU fans because they don't have any. All KSU fans care about is the sniff of success they had under Bill Snyder. Nothing else matters, including the success of other teams.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 08:58 PM
I love football season. :thumb:

It's almost here.

alanm
08-11-2006, 08:58 PM
So William, why did Everidge leave? I don't think it even generated a blurb in the Omaha or Lincoln papers. At least not that I've seen. I suppose he'll head back to Omaha and hook up at U.N.O

Moooo
08-11-2006, 08:59 PM
There's some truth to that statement. Tradition means nothing to KSU fans because they don't have any. All KSU fans care about is the sniff of success they had under Bill Snyder. Nothing else matters, including the success of other teams.

Have you been to Manhattan, Kansas?

When you live out there, you take what you can get :)

Moooo, who is being ornery

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I've heard Keitzmann say that tradition doesn't matter.

That says something about Kansas State.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 09:03 PM

Ah the husker chimes in. Why should anybody bow to the succes of that Huskers had? Didn't you claim that those Husker teams that Snyder beat were 'mediocre?'

You belittle the ass kickings Snyder put on your squad. Yet push out your chest when you squeak by the worst Michigan squad in 25 years?

Next.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 09:03 PM

You live in Springfield. Missouri.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
So William, why did Everidge leave? I don't think it even generated a blurb in the Omaha or Lincoln papers. At least not that I've seen. I suppose he'll head back to Omaha and hook up at U.N.O

To tell the truth alanm, I don't know. I've heard all the speculation and to be honest, I don't care. He's gone. Good luck to him.

What I care about is winning. And we both know, we're in the Big 12 North.

Moooo
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM

Yes... Its nice, and within a very short time I can be seeing the Ozarks.

I get what you're saying though. Not to hijack, but this is really the only big place I've lived at an old enough age to know about social activities. I don't get why everyone thinks Springfield sucks.

Continue on...

Moooo

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I've heard Keitzmann say that tradition doesn't matter.

That says something about Kansas State.

I'm glad you hang on every word Keitzman says.

That says something about Sam Hall.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 09:07 PM

You're right. 3 Big 12 CCg's. One title. One BCS appearance. One Bowl Alliance win.

4 Final Fours. One championship game appearance.

It ain't bad.

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm glad you hang on every word Keitzman says.

That says something about Sam Hall.

I rarely listen to the guy. I've heard enough of him to be annoyed to no end with KSU football.

Moooo
08-11-2006, 09:09 PM
You're right. 3 Big 12 CCg's. One title. One BCS appearance. One Bowl Alliance win.

It ain't bad.

I was referring more to the town itself...

The middle of Kansas can be rather uneventful... But I was just being silly.

Moooo

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 09:10 PM
To be perfectly honest, I had never heard of Evridge. If that is a big blow to KSU then that says it all.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Yes... Its nice, and within a very short time I can be seeing the Ozarks.

I get what you're saying though. Not to hijack, but this is really the only big place I've lived at an old enough age to know about social activities. I don't get why everyone thinks Springfield sucks.

Continue on...

Moooo
Sorry, I have a full set of teeth. Admission denied.

Saulbadguy
08-11-2006, 09:12 PM
To be perfectly honest, I had never heard of Evridge. If that is a big blow to KSU then that says it all.
It's not so much that it happened...it is how it happened that makes me uncomfortable.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 09:14 PM

We know already. You don't follow college football.

Moooo
08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Sorry, I have a full set of teeth. Admission denied.

It definitely has a southern feel...

Its kinda cool though, cause Missouri is like the division for the east, west AND south...

Continue back to football. If I watched much of the Big 12, I'd put in MHO. But the little I know tells me Nebraska has the power to suprise. Not that they'll be great, but whoever plays them needs to approach cautiously.

Moooo

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Ah the husker chimes in. Why should anybody bow to the succes of that Huskers had? Didn't you claim that those Husker teams that Snyder beat were 'mediocre?'

You belittle the ass kickings Snyder put on your squad. Yet push out your chest when you squeak by the worst Michigan squad in 25 years?

Next.

Kansas State sure doesn't have many wins over programs like Michigan. I think everyone would agree that the Husker teams Snyder beat were mediocre. He didn't start beating NU until Osborne retired.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
We know already. You don't follow college football.
I follow it enough to know who the good players are. Everidge sure ain't one of them. It will be interesting to see where he lands.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I just googled Allan Everidge to see what he is all about. It seems his claim to fame is how hard Dwayne Slay hit him. Hahahahaha

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Louisville visits Manhattan on September 23. I think that's what Kansas State fans should be worried about right now.

MyChiefConcern
08-11-2006, 10:02 PM

Springfield > Manhattan

leviw
08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Louisville visits Manhattan on September 23. I think that's what Kansas State fans should be worried about right now.

I would sure hope K-State fans aren't worried about Louisville....yet. They better worry about Illinois State on Sept. 2. Considering they're last two season-opening wins (Western Kentucky and Florida International) have been by 14 points, I'm not at all joking. It's cliche, but every fan of every Big 12 North team better "take one game at a time" in how they worry this season.

Coach
08-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I just googled Allan Everidge to see what he is all about. It seems his claim to fame is how hard Dwayne Slay hit him. Hahahahaha

Ah, I remember that shot. It happened during the CP Bash Weekend at Nzoner's place last year.

WilliamTheIrish
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM

As I said, we already know you don't know anything about college football.

I believe it was the CFB "hit of the year."

Bugeater
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
It's been quite a topic on the local sports radio here, not sure about the paper as I rarely read it during the week. Apparently he told Prince he was considering leaving, so Prince told him to sleep on it. While he was "sleeping on it" Prince proceeded to clean out his locker for him.

alanm
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
It's been quite a topic on the local sports radio here, not sure about the paper as I rarely read it during the week. Apparently he told Prince he was considering leaving, so Prince told him to sleep on it. While he was "sleeping on it" Prince proceeded to clean out his locker for him.
Oh shit, that's cold...Damn! :eek:
Does Prince think he's Vince Lombardi dealing with Jim Taylor?
I don't think you can fire a kid off of schlorarship-sp just because he's thinking of leaving. Hell, Everidge could probably file a lawsuit.