PDA

View Full Version : Huard out with an ankle injury

ChiefsDJ56
08-09-2006, 11:22 AM
610 reported that Huard went down with an ankle injury this morning. They didn't say how serious it was.

Maybe they will just cut him and get it over with. It will be interesting on Saturday though since Croyle is out. Green will play one series and then Printer gets the rest of the game.....

milkman
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
This is terrible news!

I'm gonna have to put the plans for SB tickets on hold now.

Gravedigger
08-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Thank god time to put a decent back up in there like Printers or Croyle. I don't mean injury on anyone but Huard sucks.

DMAC
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM
PBJ

ChiefsDJ56
This is terrible news!

I'm gonna have to put the plans for SB tickets on hold now.

It's almost as bad as the loss of McNugget and Warfield. We're screwed :deevee:

Fire Me Boy!
Oh hell... there goes my fantasy team. :banghead:

shaneo69
08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
610 reported that Huard went down with an ankle injury this morning. They didn't say how serious it was.

Maybe they will just cut him and get it over with. It will be interesting on Saturday though since Croyle is out. Green will play one series and then Printer gets the rest of the game.....

I think Printers sat out the afternoon practice yesterday after getting hit in the morning. Or maybe that was the day before. Hard to keep track.

tk13
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Croyle has already been hurt and Printers has appeared in over his head. I still think we need something between Green and the rookies just in case.

All these people calling to cut Huard will be the same ones calling the rookies a bust when they struggle. Just like they did LJ, Kawika, Dante Hall, etc. I don't mind the idea of throwing them in the fire but I don't want to see them get their brains beat in too badly, they're still rookies.

Fish
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
We need another QB.......

ChiefFan31
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Croyle has already been hurt and Printers has appeared in over his head. I still think we need something between Green and the rookies just in case.

All these people calling to cut Huard will be the same ones calling the rookies a bust when they struggle. Just like they did LJ, Kawika, Dante Hall, etc.

Good Point.

Leading up to TC, I was all for cutting Huard and just going with two rookies (mostly of the mindset that if Trent went down for extended time, we would be screwed and might as well give the rook(s) playing time)

But now, with Croyle being NoWhere close to ready and Printers being even farther away than that. We need to keep Huard.

ChiefsDJ56
08-09-2006, 11:36 AM
We need another QB.......

How about Warren Moon? Can you come out of retirement after getting into the HOF? If so, we can talk to Lenny D also.He could be third string.

StcChief
08-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Huard or another journeyman will be required

much as I want to believe Printers/Croyle will come along quick. My doubt's have always there.

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM
OK... this is going to sound weird. But what about Kerry Collins as a backup QB? He's got experience, is certainly an upgrade from Huard, even if he doesn't know the offense, and might be able to give us some insight into a division rival.

Hydrae
08-09-2006, 11:44 AM
OK... this is going to sound weird. But what about Kerry Collins as a backup QB? He's got experience, is certainly an upgrade from Huard, even if he doesn't know the offense, and might be able to give us some insight into a division rival.

Jeff George!

ChiefsDJ56
08-09-2006, 11:44 AM

I like that idea. Of course there is always Jeff George out there and in great shape.

Signed,
Jason Whitlock

Mr. Laz
08-09-2006, 11:45 AM
PBJ PBJ

Archie Bunker
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM

I was getting ready to post the same thing. He ran a similar offense for Norv last year and would be an upgrade over Huard anyway..

milkman
08-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Al Davis died 20 years ago, his body just can't stop twitching

You mean that kind of insight?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Chad Pennington will be in camp next summer, Kerry Collins can fill in for now

ChiefsDJ56
08-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Chad Pennington will be in camp next summer, Kerry Collins can fill in for now

I really hope yor wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
If we have QB trouble this year like the Jets had last year, then NEXT year you can expect 8 quarterbacks to make it out of the preseason.

Wile_E_Coyote
08-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Pennigton & Croyle will rotate injury time

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Pennigton & Croyle will rotate injury time
ROFL

JimNasium
08-09-2006, 12:30 PM

All these people calling to cut Huard will be the same ones calling the rookies a bust when they struggle. Just like they did LJ, Kawika, Dante Hall, etc. I don't mind the idea of throwing them in the fire but I don't want to see them get their brains beat in too badly, they're still rookies.
Psst! You aren't allowed to interject logic or history in Chiefsplanet debates.

tomahawk kid
08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Based on what Herm said this morning, it sounds like they're going to give Killian a call.......

milkman
08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Based on what Herm said this morning, it sounds like they're going to give Killian a call.......

And everyone keeps calling Kris Wilson "The Secret Weapon".

morphius
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM

But I didn't call any of those three busts at any time, so I will have no idea how to react.

chefsos
08-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Someone should break Herm's fingers if he tries to call Vinny.

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Kansas City looking to rent QB for exhibition game
RIVER FALLS, Wisc. (AP) – Jonathan Quinn might start demanding the Kansas City Chiefs bring him in for all of training camp.

The journeyman quarterback's name is among those tossed around by coach Herman Edwards today, as injuries force the Chiefs to go searching for a last-minute signal-caller for the second straight year.

Backup Damon Huard did not practice during Wednesday morning's session after spraining an ankle, and third-round draft pick Brodie Croyle has been practicing only in running drills while he works his way back from a shoulder injury.

That leaves Trent Green and Casey Printers – who missed yesterday afternoon's practice after taking a hit in the morning – healthy enough to take snaps in Saturday's exhibition game against Houston.

chefsos
08-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Damnit! I was going to joke about Quinn, but that just seemed too far-fetched.

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Damnit! I was going to joke about Quinn, but that just seemed too far-fetched.
If this were regular season, I'd say it made more sense than Killian -- Quinn knows the offense better and has more experience. But since it's the preseason, who cares? Throw Killian in and see what he can do.

Spicy McHaggis
08-09-2006, 12:54 PM
In the long run it probably won't matter who we sign as they'll just be a glorified caretaker during the preseason games. That said, we could do worse than having Collins out there taking third team snaps.

chefsos
08-09-2006, 12:57 PM
If this were regular season, I'd say it made more sense than Killian -- Quinn knows the offense better and has more experience. But since it's the preseason, who cares? Throw Killian in and see what he can do.
Makes sense. The Chiefs really have nothing to lose by tossing him in there at this early stage. Maybe he'd make things interesting in camp for awhile, too.

greg63
08-09-2006, 12:57 PM
He's faking it in an attempt to skip the rest of training camp and hold out for more money. :p

Fire Me Boy!
08-09-2006, 01:00 PM
He's faking it in an attempt to skip the rest of training camp and hold out for more money. :p
He's tired of doing 2-a-days and wants to be treated like a vet -- meaning he gets at least one practice off per day like Trent, Tony G, Shields, etc.

Hydrae
08-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Casey Clausen? :shrug:

Bob Dole
08-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Maybe Teddy Bruschi can donate an ankle.

Reerun_KC
08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Why does 810 and 610 keep calling this "Bad news for Chiefs Fans?"

This is the best thing to happen to us since the signing of Montana. Haurd Blows!

Hammock Parties
08-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Maybe Quinn will stick this time.

dirk digler
08-09-2006, 01:39 PM
What happened to Croyle's shoulder? Is this a new injury or did he have hurt it in college?

HemiEd
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Can anyone explain to me why we kept Huard over Todd Collins in the first place?

JimNasium
08-09-2006, 01:46 PM
What happened to Croyle's shoulder? Is this a new injury or did he have hurt it in college?
I'm under the impression that it is sore.

Halfcan
08-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Funny Hutard gets a sprained ankle right before the first game. He is a fraud and I hope we cut him!

dirk digler
08-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm under the impression that it is sore.

Thanks.

Halfcan
08-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Can anyone explain to me why we kept Huard over Todd Collins in the first place?

According to CP: Hutard swallows and Collins spits.

HemiEd
08-09-2006, 02:07 PM
According to CP: Hutard swallows and Collins spits.

So they both sucked?

greg63
08-09-2006, 11:14 PM
He's tired of doing 2-a-days and wants to be treated like a vet -- meaning he gets at least one practice off per day like Trent, Tony G, Shields, etc.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! that explains everything. :D