PDA

View Full Version : Pollard vs. Knight

Scaga
08-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Guess we're not the only one's picking up on the battle:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0608/gallery.NFLtrainingcampduos/content.15.html

Hound333
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
At this point im glad we will have the depth in a secondary position. I don't know how to react to it though. Its been a while since we have had the ability to have a serious debate over two decent players in our secondary. Its usually been about who will suck less.

htismaqe
08-10-2006, 09:20 AM
I REALLY want Pollard to get on the field sooner rather than later.

JBucc
08-10-2006, 09:21 AM
God I want to see Pollard play. Saturday can't get here fast enough.

noa
08-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm glad Sammy Knight hasn't been publicly complaining about this. I hope he continues to handle it like a professional.

Warrior5
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
At this point im glad we will have the depth in a secondary position. I don't know how to react to it though. Its been a while since we have had the ability to have a serious debate over two decent players in our secondary. Its usually been about who will suck less.

Ditto...this is a good problem to have. Can't wait for Saturday night. While I look forward to WRs (especially Donks) quaking in fear crossing the middle, I also hope Pollard doesn't draw too many penalties for his aggressiveness.

Safeties - Check. CBs - Check. LBs - Check. DEs - Check. The problem the Chiefs still have is the interior D-line.:banghead:

Yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but if the tackles aren't consistently pushing the pocket back into the QBs face, it won't matter how studly our secondary is. Either Reed and Edwards step up, or our LBs will be very busy.

greg63
08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
May the best player play. :D

keg in kc
08-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Battle #24 was interesting, too. Mike "quarterback jesus" McMahon - the STUD qbotf we missed out on when we drafted TE machine Billy Baber back in 2001 - might lose the Vikes backup job to rookie Tarvaris Jackson.

StcChief
08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
For know let Knight show him how, but have Pollard spell him too.

Pollard really needs to show his stuff in the PS games.
If he get's torched a few times....

Halfcan
08-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I think G WES should be replaced as well.

CoMoChief
08-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Wesley sucks all around, Knight is only good in the box, except for the Giants game last season which in that case everyone on defense was bad. I think we need to start Pollard and Page and start them now so they can gel with the others on defense. We need players that can flash to the ball (fast) and make plays and tackle. From what I've heard from camp, Pollard is good enough to be a 1st rounder and Page very well might be the steal of the draft. These guys are for real and they need to start setting the tone in the secondary.

We also need DT's that can create pressure and havock in the backfield. Without that our defense will continue to suck IMO. Everything starts up front and that goes for both sides of the ball.

ChiefFan31
08-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I think G WES should be replaced as well.

Indeed.

I cant wait to watch our two rook safeties play in PS :drool:

ChiefFan31
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Wesley sucks all around, Knight is only good in the box, except for the Giants game last season which in that case everyone on defense was bad. I think we need to start Pollard and Page and start them now so they can gel with the others on defense. We need players that can flash to the ball (fast) and make plays and tackle. From what I've heard from camp, Pollard is good enough to be a 1st rounder and Page very well might be the steal of the draft. These guys are for real and they need to start setting the tone in the secondary.

We also need DT's that can create pressure and havock in the backfield. Without that our defense will continue to suck IMO. Everything starts up front and that goes for both sides of the ball.

Rep.

Although, I'm going to hold out some hope that our current group (hopefully the two new guys) are going to play decent to well at times.