PDA

View Full Version : Denver @ Arrowhead

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 08:36 AM
Finally... it's here!

KC has pretty much owned Denver for the last few games, but I'm very confident that Denver's offense will be able to pile up 400 yards and 28 points on Sunday. As well, the defense is doing better, but they're still making subpar offenses look pretty good. KC should score 21 points.

However, Denver will end the curse and win at Arrowhead!

I know that many of you were hoping that a KC sweep over Denver this year would ruin the Broncos' playoff hopes... but, if the Bills lose tonight, it won't matter - Denver will be a wildcard at the very least.

Let's get some good natured smack rolling through here and have some fun. I'm glad KC won, b/c your spirits should be lifted and now that they have the 'winning' monkey off their backs... they can lose again. :D

Don't think that I'm not concerned about Denver falling down after a 6 game win streak, b/c I am. Especially, on the road to a division rival. Denver is 5-2 at home and 5-2 on the road.

KC's strength is their passing game, Denver's weakness is their passing defense... can Grbac/Trich/DA/Gonzo keep up with Gus/Anderson/Rod/Easy Ed?

That's the question... will soon know the answer.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 08:37 AM
sorry ... not sure how that happened with the double post.

[This message has been edited by Mile High Mania (edited 12-11-2000).]

bkkcoh
12-11-2000, 08:39 AM
Gonzo should have big game against the spitter, ;). I am hoping for a game with the home comfortably ahead at the start of the 4th quarter...

But we will see.

------------------
Brian K.

Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair.
[i]George Burns </I>

Spott
12-11-2000, 08:40 AM
Too bad this game is only important for 1 team. With all the empty seats from last weeks game, I bet there will be plenty of Denver faithful at this weeks game.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 08:41 AM
You guys are playing Denver, not Oakland and Upshaw... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Archie F. Swin
12-11-2000, 08:42 AM
in response to post #1

it happened because your a dork :D

how's that for smack?

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

[This message has been edited by Chief Red Pants (edited 12-11-2000).]

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 08:43 AM
On a smack scale of 1-10, I'd give you a 1.8

C'mon, Gaz can even do better than that.

58Forever
12-11-2000, 08:46 AM
MHM, wouldn't it be funny it the Bills won, and the Chiefs beat the Broncs and they didn't go to the playoffs...I think it' be hilarius... :D

Pray, pray hard, the Broncos won't score 28...the Chiefs D has a little pride left too...and our O should be able to put up some points against your tired D...

Chiefs 24, Denver 17...

As usual it will come down to the wire but I haven't been scared of Denver since Elwya left...

Don't worry, you guys are going to the playoffs anyway...I don't see the Bills winning out...but I know a couple of Playoff games I won't be watching...whoever plays Denver and Oakland...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

LD for KC
12-11-2000, 12:07 PM
Insert bad stuff about your momma, and other meaniful things here____________. smack done!

What I really want to know is, is Greasy back? Whats this stuff about Davis being in the Shany's doghouse?

Look for a taste of our "running game" this week, I think we will surprise you.

I have a friend who loves the Broncos, every time we play each other, we bet $20. and go out to breakfast together before the game.
He has a Denver Omlet, and I play the cook
$5.00 to mess up the order, he thinks it brings the Broncos good luck, and they will lose. It works everytime, you have no chance Bronco fan, I have the POWER! ;)

LD for KC

KCJohnny
12-11-2000, 12:25 PM
Donx 41, Chiefs 27

Chiefs D will not be able to stop the Donx.
Donx D will not be able to stop the Chiefs.
Even though he is 3-0 vs. Shanny, Gun will be outcoached in his own stadium even though the Chiefs will amass 500 yds of total offense.

If Denver wins, they are my pick for the SB (esp if Griese returns).

If the Chiefs run D shows up (go Maz, go!), Kc could pull this win out, say, 38-35. It will be loads of fun, either way.
KCJ
Perplexed at Gun's prowess over Shanny and Holmy while he gets thumped by Grudy and Mariucci...

gh4chiefs
12-11-2000, 12:38 PM
MHM,

This is not smack against the Broncos, but don't be surprised if the Chiefs don't pull one of out their *** this Sunday. They have a habit of doing that, being a giant killer that is (Look at this year's Rams game for example).

I agree that when you look at the way we're playing and the way Denver is playing right now, it should be no contest. But I bet we give you a lot tougher game than you're expecting, and I won't predict it, but wouldn't be at all surprised with a big KC win on Sunday.

------------------
Gary

Ugly Duck
12-11-2000, 01:59 PM
I'm sorry about all the nasty things I've said about KC. GO CHIEFS GO!! Now I'm a big Chiefs fan. I'm going to wear red underwear on Sunday to both show my support for KC and at the same time avoid getting beat up by my Raiderfan brethren. The Denver offense scores about 30 points per game. Its time for the Chiefs to open up the passing game again and put up 35. Beat Denver and I'll say something nice about your team.

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 02:42 PM
I've never said that a win at KC this week was a given... and I've never said that KC would roll over.

I think it will be a tough game, simply b/c Denver's defense will allow KC's offense to keep them in the game through the 4th quarter.

Gus hasn't cost Denver a game yet... I say "yet", because if it's gonna happen I have a strange feeling it would be this game. Just to spite me.

I think KC will see more than they want of Mike Anderson, as well as Ed and Desmond Clark.

I predict three INTs... 1 for Spencer, 1 for Romo and 1 for Al Wilson.

Anderson 147 rushing yds and 2 TDs
Gus 268 passing yds and 2 TDs & 1 INT
McCaffery 115 yds and a TD
Rod Smith 95 yds
Desmond Clark 66 yds and a TD

KC - total of 108 rushing yds
Elvis - 326 passing yds 2 TDs & 3 INTs
Gonzo - 111 yds 1 TD
Alexander - 85 yds 1 TD

Denver wins the game.

ChiTown
12-11-2000, 03:08 PM
MHM

I peeked inside my crystal ball and here's what I saw:

I don't see 3 Elvis INT's in this game at all. I see Elvis throwing a Red Zone pick in the first half and 3 TD's overall. I see Mike Anderson under 100 yds, and Gus getting sacked 5 times, and throwing 2 picks. I see 10 Denver penalties (including 3 pass interferences, and a personal foul on Romo).

Chiefs stun Denver 31-17. This will be our most inspired game we play all year (including the Rams victory). Unfortunately, Gun and Company will save their jobs and finish at 8-8.

ChiTown
~was all excited about the results of his new crystal ball before seeing that the Stooges will be making an encore in 2001 :mad:<BR>

Iowanian
12-11-2000, 03:16 PM
I'm wishing a diarhea epidemic in the bronco locker room. I said the same thing for St Louis and hope for similar results.

may the broncos play $h!tty on sunday. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

G_Man
12-11-2000, 04:25 PM
Gunther may be a bad coach, but Shanny's still his b!tch.

Grbac will throw for 300+ and about 3TDs. Probably one INT. Is Crockett playing next week? If not, good news for KC. He was the receiver of Elvis' two picks the last time.

I don't know Bennett's situation (whether T-Rich will be playing HB or FB) but our running game will be better than last time (it couldn't be much worse). Under 100 for Anderson (3.9avg last time).

Gonzo had his best game (which I think he may have surpassed since) against Denver. I'd expect another huge performance. DA should come up big too. Rod Smith will probably slap Dennis around again, but Eas(il)y (the biggest actor in the NFL) Ed will be virtually invisible like last time.

I expect more pressure on their QB too. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Clemons was injured last time.

KC 31
Den 27

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 12-11-2000).]

Mile High Mania
12-11-2000, 04:33 PM
Now that's funny... Shanahan may be 0-3 vs Gunther the last few games, but he's far from being anybody's b*tch.

Denver is chasing the wild card and more importantly, they are looking to creep up on the Raiduhs for the division title. They are 5-2 on the road this year and they would love nothing more than to go 7-1 in the AFC West.

If you all of a sudden think that Denver is going to roll over in KC to that sad sack of spares, then you're crazy. KC couldn't put up 16 pts vs the Panthers for crying out loud.

Denver's defense ain't much, but Denver will win the game... 31-24 (revised) Broncos Win!

Denver's gonna treat you guys like the Raiduhs.<P>

Bob Dole
12-11-2000, 04:46 PM
In the nature of good fun, Bob Dole submits the following:

You (insert Denver fan name here) sir are a drone, a snail, a slug, a sot, a drunkard, a churl, a taffeta punk, a scolding queen, a scurvy lord, a jackanape with scarves, a caitiff, an hourly promise-breaker, an infinite and endless liar, a foolish idle boy, a damnable both-sides rogue, an unbaked and doughy youth, a botcher's apprentice, a red-tailed bumblebee, a saucy eunich, an amorous surfeiter, a ribaudred nag, a common gamester, an odd worm and a whoreson devil.

Frazod
12-11-2000, 05:23 PM
I'll be in KC this weekend, and wasn't going to go to the game. However, I may be able to get front row tickets on the 30 yard line for 1/2 face value, and that's just too good to pass up. If these tickets materialize for me, I'll go to the game.

If I do end up going, perhaps I'll pack some batteries into snowballs so the Donx feel at home... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

stevieray
12-11-2000, 05:51 PM
Rollover?

Broncos turned a 24-3 lead midway through the third quarter into a close game wherethey surrendered 405 yards to the 26th offense in the league.
Oh let's not forget that your O only put up 17 points at home(for crying outloud :). Trust me, they are not jumping for joy in denver.

Kudos for the 6 game sweep, but that D will be exposed in the playoffs.

[This message has been edited by stevieray (edited 12-11-2000).]

TEX
12-11-2000, 11:41 PM
Brad,
It WILL matter if the Chiefs sweep the Donx again this year. It is the EQUALIZER so to speak. The Chiefs match up very well against the Donx. I predict that the KC pass rush will be too much for Gus and he will make a mistake or two that could be the difference in the game. The Donx will run the ball, BUT IF the Chiefs can run also, it will be a long day for your boys - and just what we need around here to smack the Donkey Boys around this next off season. *grin*

BTW.... GOOD LUCK in the playoffs!

Mile High Mania
12-12-2000, 08:31 AM
Thanks... I agree that I think it will be a fairly close game. Some have said that Denver is due for a let down after this 6 game stretch and not losing since the bye week.

Only thing is, I'd hate to be swept by KC and I would hate for Denver to lose to SanFran at home during the last game at Mile High.

So, if I had to pick a game... I'd pick this one, just b/c I would be sick if they lost the last game at Mile High. I never thought 12-4 was possible... now, I have to hope they do it.

KC will have success against the Denver defense, but the KC offense won't stop much of anything. So, like I said... KC will have to most likely score 30+ points to win and it WILL come down to the final minutes.

Mile High Mania
12-12-2000, 09:08 AM
Fact Fodder...

Denver is 6-0 this year when Anderson rushes for more than 100 yds. KC averages giving up 116 yds per game.

Please, post more useless stats here throughout the week...

Mi_chief_fan
12-12-2000, 12:55 PM
Whatever happened to Donkey Drew?

mlyonsd
12-12-2000, 01:02 PM
Fact fodder....

KC is 6-0 in every game this year in which they outscored their opponent.

KCJohnny
12-13-2000, 06:39 PM
1. Denver has not gained 100 yds rushing against the Chiefs since Oct '98.
2. KC is allowing 68.5 yds rushing the last 4 games.
3. The last 3 meetings the Chiefs have averaged over 150 yds rushing per game.
4. Gun is 3-0 vs. Shanny.
5. Denver averages 4.7 yds a carry on rushing defense, which is worse than the Chiefs.
6. KC is averaging over 270 yds a game passing, and has rolled up 300+ yds in 5 of the last 6 games.
7. Chiefs have 45 sacks.
8. Chiefs have already handled Gus in his own house.
9. Throw the W-L record out the window when these two teams meet.
10. It might come down to the kicker...

KCJ
We have NOTHING to lose...
(but will still be happier seeing the Donx win the West rather than the hated Faiders)