PDA

View Full Version : AT&T customer service issues

08-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Whenever it rains in my nieghborhood, my phone gets this nasty hum on the line. I check all of my phones, the hum is there. I go out to my box and plug a phone in there, the hum is there. I call AT&T about the problem, they can't confirm a problem on the line and tell me they can send someone out to look at it but if they cannot find the problem there would be a charge for the service call. Problem is that they cannot send anyone out until 2 days later during a friggin 10 hour period. That's worse than the cable guy.

Anyway, the problem I have is this.... The problem will have gone away as soon as the weather dries up by Saturday and the problem will be gone by tomorrow anyway.

How the hell do I win in this situation?

SLAG
08-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Ask around to your neighbors and see if they have the same problem when it rains?

if so it could be a problem at your neighborhood Wire Block.

if not... maybe its the phone you are using... remember all FCC compliant devices must accept any and all interfereance...

also your lines may be need to be "Shampooed and Conditioned" or something ( that was suggested to me once but never had it done)

This may or may not be good information

08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Ask around to your neighbors and see if they have the same problem when it rains?

if so it could be a problem at your neighborhood Wire Block.

if not... maybe its the phone you are using... remember all FCC compliant devices must accept any and all interfereance...

also your lines may be need to be "Shampooed and Conditioned" or something ( that was suggested to me once but never had it done)

This may or may not be good information

ROFL Shampoo and condition it huh?

I know it is not my phone because all 4 of my phones do it. It hums at the block outside my home which is always an indicator that the problem is with the actual line from the pole to the house or the phone company box. When the line dries up the problem goes away.

My neighbors have not noticed problems in the past but they are hard of hearing too.

Demonpenz
08-10-2006, 11:36 PM
www.youtube.com