PDA

View Full Version : A-FREAKIN'-MEN

donkhater
08-11-2006, 05:23 AM
Look Who’s Talking:
“That’s not good and I have a standard deal: we don’t call timeouts in the first and third quarter. We don’t do that. That’s not an option for us.“
- Herm Edwards on his policy about the offense burning a timeout because the play clock is winding down.

About time. This is a major pet peeve of mine. So the team loses five yards. Big deal. It's the same as if they went offsides. A team has to value TO's more than that. Vermiel never did and it was maddening.

mikey23545
08-11-2006, 05:49 AM
You can always make up a five yard loss, but you can't earn a new timeout.

StcChief
08-11-2006, 05:58 AM
You can always make up a five yard loss, but you can't earn a new timeout.

Vermeil was also challenge happy...WTF lets gamble with a TO.

Bad advise from his coaching staff?

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 06:07 AM
What is the source for this?

donkhater
08-11-2006, 06:11 AM
What is the source for this?
It was a tidbit in the River Falls Day 14 Wrap-up on the Chiefs' website.

1adam1238
08-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Look Who’s Talking:
“That’s not good and I have a standard deal: we don’t call timeouts in the first and third quarter. We don’t do that. That’s not an option for us.“
- Herm Edwards on his policy about the offense burning a timeout because the play clock is winding down.

About time. This is a major pet peeve of mine. So the team loses five yards. Big deal. It's the same as if they went offsides. A team has to value TO's more than that. Vermiel never did and it was maddening.

I couldn't agree more. It would drive me nutz when I would see this happen.

morphius
08-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Of course most of those TO were called because it took the god Al Saunders too long to get the play to Green.

I don't mind using one if you need to, but it wasn't all that unusual for us to burn two up really quick for that reason, and that was just painful to watch.

kc rush
08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I heard a bit of the interview on 610 last night and it sounds like Herm has given Trent the power to call a play if one hasn't been called in quick enough in order to avoid calling time outs. It also sounds like the QB's will wear wrist bands and coaches will call in "Play 5" to save time instead of wasting time calling down the full (long) play name.