PDA

View Full Version : Roaf says his decision is final.......

Mecca
08-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Chiefs | Roaf says his decision on retirement is final
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 00:03:06 -0700

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports retired OT Willie Roaf has said his decision to retire is final and his decision had nothing to do with head coach Herman Edwards. Roaf said, "I respect my teammates too much to go out there and play at a level that I'm not used to."

tomahawk kid
08-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Sounds like a quote from the original article in the Star.

Demonpenz
08-11-2006, 07:04 AM
sounds like the door is still open

StcChief
08-11-2006, 07:08 AM
As much as I want him on LT if he plays at a much lower level half level hurt. Forget it.

Healthy ready in shape to play yes.

ct
08-11-2006, 07:09 AM
So...you're tellin me there's a chance!!!

CoMoChief
08-11-2006, 07:17 AM
As much as I want him on LT if he plays at a much lower level half level hurt. Forget it.

Healthy ready in shape to play yes.

Even if he plays at a lower level he's still a better LT than anyone we have, yes even Turley. Come back Roaf, you instantly make us a Super Bowl contender with you on our line.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 07:20 AM
The fans begged Willie Lanier into one more year. Maybe if someone started a petition.

4th and Long
08-11-2006, 07:25 AM
That quote is identical to the interview he gave Keitzman. I'm guessing it's an old quote.

jspchief
08-11-2006, 07:41 AM
That quote is identical to the interview he gave Keitzman. I'm guessing it's an old quote.That's my thought as well.

Is there any reason the Washington Times would have an inside track on Roaf info?

4th and Long
08-11-2006, 07:45 AM
That's my thought as well.

Is there any reason the Washington Times would have an inside track on Roaf info?
Washington you say? :hmmm:

AHA!

This is a conspiracy theory started by Al Saunders! :cuss:

DMAC
08-11-2006, 08:03 AM
We will be fine without him.

Eleazar
08-11-2006, 08:07 AM
He sounded 100% retired on 810 that day. He was even talking about trying to drop some weight, to make things easier on his frame. I'm not harboring any delusion he's going to wake up the day of the game and want to play, and be in playing shape.

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2006, 08:15 AM
As much as I'd like to see Willie back....I think this is good news for him, and for us....

It allows the team, and Willie to both move on. . :thumb:

Sam Hall
08-11-2006, 08:16 AM
I need to see that headline in the KC Star before I believe it.

wutamess
08-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Even if he plays at a lower level he's still a better LT than anyone we have, yes even Turley. Come back Roaf, you instantly make us a Super Bowl contender with you on our line.

WRONG!
Roaf was good last year but you could tell his age was getting to him. Speed rushers were getting around him with ease in some cases.

I'm ready for the Turely change.
Flame away.

chop
08-11-2006, 08:46 AM
It sounds to me that if he gets used to performing at a different level he'll be back. lol

PastorMikH
08-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I'll probably get blasted for this, but I'm to the point that I'm ready to say bye bye to Big Willie. Am I anxious to see him leave, no. But at the same time, I'm not throwing in the towel either.

I was wondering last year, as well as others here from the looks of posts, that old age had finally caught up with him. Before his injury DEs were getting around him to Green more than they used to. I'm thinking that another year of age will make it even tougher for him to protect Green.

Add in all I'm hearing about Turley, I'm thinking he can take care of the LT duties just fine. Perhaps he won't do as good as Roaf did his first year or two here, but I think he will be close to the same level as an old Willie will be if he's here anyway - maybe even better.

Braincase
If we could get 2 million people to pledge a dollar...

InChiefsHeaven
Willie was going to leave at some time. I think he really did intend on coming back, but when you are that old and that big, I would imagine your body argues with you much more loudly than it used to. I'd hate to see an injured Roaf in week two. We need to move on and so does Willie. God bless him. Bring it on Kyle!!

jspchief
08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
WRONG!
Roaf was good last year but you could tell his age was getting to him. Speed rushers were getting around him with ease in some cases.

Flame away.You're a moron.

PastorMikH
08-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Willie was going to leave at some time. I think he really did intend on coming back, but when you are that old and that big, I would imagine your body argues with you much more loudly than it used to.

I can attest to the fact that a year or two can make a big difference. I'm currently 37, soon to be 38. at 35-36 I could still so a lot of the stuff I used to do at the same level, maybe not as long, but at the same level. In the last year or so, my body has slowed down, aches and pains are more present, and my attitude towards pushing myself has changed.

I can definately see where in Feb Roaf was ready to go another year but now can't get going for it.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:07 AM
What is the size difference between Kyle and Willie?

PastorMikH
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM
What is the size difference between Kyle and Willie?

I think Roaf is about 2 feet wider.

The Chiefs site has this...

Roaf 6'5" 320 pounds (I think he's heavier than that)
Turley 6'5" 300 pounds (I don't think he's that heavy)

Chief Faithful
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Turley is shaping up as the most important off-season pickup in my mind.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:13 AM
I think Roaf is about 2 feet wider.

The Chiefs site has this...

Roaf 6'5" 320 pounds (I think he's heavier than that)
Turley 6'5" 300 pounds (I don't think he's that heavy)Remember, muscle weighs more than fat.

PastorMikH
08-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Remember, muscle weighs more than fat.

Yeah, but what I have heard around here and in news reports is that Turley is closer to 280-290 than 300.

I think the biggest factor though is that Roaf is 6 years older than Turley. There's a huge difference between 30 and 36.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Anyone acting like losing a HALL OF FAMER isn't that big of a deal is just plain delusional

InChiefsHeaven
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Anyone acting like losing a HALL OF FAMER isn't that big of a deal is just plain delusional
It's a big deal, but it is NOT the end of the world. The whole team does NOT revolve around Willie Roaf. He is the most important cog in the OLine wheel, but the wheel will turn without him. It has to. We will miss him, but no so much that we should all go jump off a bridge...

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Anyone acting like losing a HALL OF FAMER isn't that big of a deal is just plain delusionalWanna bring back Marcus? He is a hall of famer. We will take out LJ and put in Marcus. Yes, that makes sense. Because he is a hall of famer.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Wanna bring back Marcus? He is a hall of famer. We will take out LJ and put in Marcus. Yes, that makes sense. Because he is a hall of famer.

Way to try to take my comment out of context - but most people here aren't stupid enough to fall for that twist

I'm not saying it's the end of the world - but some people are trying to convince themselves it's not a big deal

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Way to try to take my comment out of context - but most people here aren't stupid enough to fall for that twist

I'm not saying it's the end of the world - but some people are trying to convince themselves it's not a big dealWell, what I am saying is Willie is fat, old, and hurting. More than likely we are better off.

Just because he is a hall of famer for what he HAS done, does not mean we should be crying that he is leaving.

He is OLD.

He is FAT.

He is HURT.

MOVE ON.

58-4ever
08-11-2006, 09:35 AM
I need to see that headline in Warpaint Illustraited before I believe it.

fixed your post :p

rad
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM

Len Dawson is a Hall of Famer.

You think we're a better team with him as our QB right now?

rad
08-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Wanna bring back Marcus? He is a hall of famer. We will take out LJ and put in Marcus. Yes, that makes sense. Because he is a hall of famer.

Dang!! You beat me to it.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:38 AM

You think we're a better team with him as our QB right now?I already made that point.

I used Marcus though.

beavis
08-11-2006, 09:39 AM
31 teams didn't have Willie Roaf last year.
12 of them made the playoffs.
0 of them were from Kansas City.

DMAC
Dang!! You beat me to it.Dang! You beat me to that!!

ChiefsFan4Life

You think we're a better team with him as our QB right now?

Glad I said in my earlier post that MOST people aren't stupid enough to fall for that needless logic

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 09:41 AM

Well then let's get rid of Larry Johnson and Trent Green and Brian Waters and Tony Gonzalez ... they didn't have them either! :rolleyes:

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Glad I said in my earlier post that MOST people aren't stupid enough to fall for that needless logic:shake: While you are bitchin that a 36 year old fat, hurt man is gone. We will watch Turley handle the position better than Roaf would have.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Newsflash guys:

Willie Roaf is just a fat 36 year old
I'm sure the Chiefs don't even want him back

DMAC
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Newsflash guys:

Willie Roaf is just a fat 36 year old
I'm sure the Chiefs don't even want him backDude! He's hurt!! And Old!!! I can't stand your stupidity any longer.

rad
08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Glad I said in my earlier post that MOST people aren't stupid enough to fall for that needless logic

You just need to get over your man-crush on Roaf. He was a great lineman, but if he isn't feeling it, I don't want him out there. Don't be so ****ing clingy.

MVChiefFan
08-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I hate to see big Willie go as bad as the next guy but for cryin' out loud people are getting rediculous about it. When I was watching last weeks game between the Raiders and Eagles they were saying if Roaf stayed we would be good but if he retired we were dead in the water. I'm throwin' the BS flag on that one. What team wouldn't want to have our line even with Roaf gone. Our interior guys are possibly the best in the business and I've got a feeling Turley's gonna be more than serviceable.

noa
08-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I think the Washington Times is just recycling old interviews. They are a wacko newspaper owned by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon. I don't think they have a crack sports department or anything.

jspchief
08-11-2006, 09:59 AM
:shake: While you are bitchin that a 36 year old fat, hurt man is gone. We will watch Turley handle the position better than Roaf would have.Look, I can accept that Roaf was going to retire at some point, and there was going to be a dropoff if he kept playing, but you're just being a dick. To sit here and call him old and fat like he's some drain on this team is f*cking absurd. This team had it's worst 3 offensive games when Roaf was out last year. An old fat Roaf was still better than 90% of the left tackles in the NFL.

You guys that have already decided Turley will be better need to check your expectations.Turley has performed well in camp...considering the circumstances. But he's also shown weakness agains the pass rush according to Holthus. And beyond that, we're asking a guy that was so injured that he took two years off football to add the weight that doctors told him him to lose for the sake of the health of his back. The claim that he's going to be better than Roaf is ridiculously over-optimistic, and the notion that he'll hold up for a 16 game season is debateable as well.

The world doesn't end with the retirement of Roaf, but I think this attitude that Turley is an upgrade is beyond absurd.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll probably get blasted for this, but I'm to the point that I'm ready to say bye bye to Big Willie. Am I anxious to see him leave, no. But at the same time, I'm not throwing in the towel either.

I was wondering last year, as well as others here from the looks of posts, that old age had finally caught up with him. Before his injury DEs were getting around him to Green more than they used to. I'm thinking that another year of age will make it even tougher for him to protect Green.

Add in all I'm hearing about Turley, I'm thinking he can take care of the LT duties just fine. Perhaps he won't do as good as Roaf did his first year or two here, but I think he will be close to the same level as an old Willie will be if he's here anyway - maybe even better.

I feel the same way you do.

I was sad to see Willie go, but there's no sense in looking back. Turley is this season's future and he's gonna be fine...

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Look, I can accept that Roaf was going to retire at some point, and there was going to be a dropoff if he kept playing, but you're just being a dick. To sit here and call him old and fat like he's some drain on this team is f*cking absurd. This team had it's worst 3 offensive games when Roaf was out last year. An old fat Roaf was still better than 90% of the left tackles in the NFL.

You guys that have already decided Turley will be better need to check your expectations.Turley has performed well in camp...considering the circumstances. But he's also shown weakness agains the pass rush according to Holthus. And beyond that, we're asking a guy that was so injured that he took two years off football to add the weight that doctors told him him to lose for the sake of the health of his back. The claim that he's going to be better than Roaf is ridiculously over-optimistic, and the notion that he'll hold up for a 16 game season is debateable as well.

The world doesn't end with the retirement of Roaf, but I think this attitude that Turley is an upgrade is beyond absurd.

Holthus said Turley is struggling with reading the blitz and picking it up. He said in 1-on-1 situations, Turley has been a rock.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Look, I can accept that Roaf was going to retire at some point, and there was going to be a dropoff if he kept playing, but you're just being a dick. To sit here and call him old and fat like he's some drain on this team is f*cking absurd. This team had it's worst 3 offensive games when Roaf was out last year. An old fat Roaf was still better than 90% of the left tackles in the NFL.

The world doesn't end with the retirement of Roaf, but I think this attitude that Turley is an upgrade is beyond absurd.I agree that an old, fat Roaf is still one of the best in the game. But, when he is hurt on top of that, which I think he obviously is, then I think Turley is the better choice in that scenerio.

I am not being a dick.

People need to realize that it probably is not smart to force a man who is not feeling up to par to play, especially when he is 36 and enormous.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Holthus said Turley is struggling with reading the blitz and picking it up. He said in 1-on-1 situations, Turley has been a rock.This statement would not bother me as much if T-Rich were still here.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
People need to realize that it probably is not smart to force a man who is not feeling up to par to play, especially when he is 36 and enormous.

I totally agree.

If he doesn't want to play, and the reason he's citing is that he can't handle it physically anymore, we need to let him go.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM

Thank God someone else sees this.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I totally agree.

If he doesn't want to play, and the reason he's citing is that he can't handle it physically anymore, we need to let him go.Thank God someone else sees this.

Manila-Chief
08-11-2006, 10:59 AM
I wish he were in camp, but he is losing time for getting into tip top playing conditions. Yes, I know it doesn't take guys like him very long but he needs time with the rest of the line.

But, the positive side of things is we are getting our OT's ready for the future. With Herm as coach I'm not sure we will go all the way this year. It usually takes a couple of years for new systems/coaches to operate effectively. Thus, getting 2 new tackles better prepared will help in the long run.

That being said, as was said above ... I'd not rule him out until the season is about ready to begin.

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 11:04 AM
That quote is identical to the interview he gave Keitzman. I'm guessing it's an old quote.

Exactly, usually when an athelete says it is FINAL-they change their mind.

MJ comes to mind-he retired 3 times.

vailpass
08-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Ya' gotta' believe.
Sincerely,

tk13
08-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Wow. I think Turley is going to do better than expected, but come on. I can't believe people are throwing Roaf under the bus. I mean, this is Willie Roaf! Haha... somehow we're going to start revising history and saying he's old and washed up now. I don't know what games everyone else was watching, but I must've missed it. We were a totally dominant offense with Willie Roaf, maybe the best in the league. I thought we looked like a totally different team. The running game was better, we didn't allow many sacks, the passing game was much more effective, Trent's QB rating was significantly lower without Roaf in there... Roaf looked great to me. I know we have to move on and I think we're going to do better than the "experts" expect... but I find it really hard to believe we wouldn't be a better team with Willie Roaf on the field.

|Zach|
08-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Did you ever hear the name Dwight Freeny mentioned when we played the Colts?

I didnt either.

tk13
08-11-2006, 11:58 AM
If Willie Roaf had played all 16 games, Kansas City would've been one of those teams.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-11-2006, 12:00 PM
WRONG!

Flame away.

You obviously never watched him play ! That's gotta be the dumbest statement I've ever read on this board. And that, my friend is saying a lot!

Rain Man
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
You obviously never watched him play ! That's gotta be the dumbest statement I've ever read on this board. And that, my friend is saying a lot!

Thank god someone else sees this.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Wow. I think Turley is going to do better than expected, but come on. I can't believe people are throwing Roaf under the bus. I mean, this is Willie Roaf! Haha... somehow we're going to start revising history and saying he's old and washed up now. I don't know what games everyone else was watching, but I must've missed it. We were a totally dominant offense with Willie Roaf, maybe the best in the league. I thought we looked like a totally different team. The running game was better, we didn't allow many sacks, the passing game was much more effective, Trent's QB rating was significantly lower without Roaf in there... Roaf looked great to me. I know we have to move on and I think we're going to do better than the "experts" expect... but I find it really hard to believe we wouldn't be a better team with Willie Roaf on the field.

I hope you're not lumping me in with that crowd.

I'm simply saying that Willie ain't coming back and we outta be looking forward to the upcoming season WITHOUT HIM.

Mr. Kotter
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM

I don't think anyone is throwing Willie under the bus....he's too big? :p

Seriously though, if Willie senses decline (for which there is some evidence of, from a couple of games last year) then I have to believe him. If he has lost the desire, it's just better that we move on. If he may or may not come back, and we continue discussing this for the next 2 months....it does no good, and could be disruptive to the team and chemistry and confidence on the line. That would not be good. JMHO.

With what Willie has said publicly, I say we gotta take him at his word.

Maybe I'm wrong; and that scenario wouldn't suck.....

BIG_DADDY
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM

That and Gunther Fans enless rant about how Dante Hall sucks.

InChiefsHeaven
08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Willie must decide. Period. He is the man, and he knows his own body. If he feels he cannot compete to the level that he expects, then he is right to step down. I would rather see him come back, but not because the fans want him. I want him back only if he wants to come back. It looks more and more like that is not the case. Willie wants to move on. We should all follow the example.

...and I hope they have a really big shindig for him at halftime of the 9ers game, cuz I'm going to that one.

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Thank God some of the board veterans have come on and cleaned up this mess.

At this point, I agree with the moving on sentiment. We do need to think of the future. We cannot let Roafs decision adversely affect our season mentally.

If he feels he is healthy enough to give it a go in a couple of more weeks, I will be as excited as anyone to see him back.

But anyone calling Roaf some old, fat, and washed up Bum is and idiot.

tk13
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't think anyone is throwing Willie under the bus....he's too big? :p

Seriously though, if Willie senses decline (for which there is some evidence of, from a couple of games last year) then I have to believe him. If he has lost the desire, it's just better that we move on. If he may or may not come back, and we continue discussing this for the next 2 months....it does no good, and could be disruptive to the team and chemistry and confidence on the line. That would not be good. JMHO.

With what Willie has said publicly, I say we gotta take him at his word.

Maybe I'm wrong; and that scenario wouldn't suck.....
I'd agree with probably 99% of players, but this is Willie Roaf. I bet he could step in there tomorrow and do better than the majority of LT's. He was hurt for a few weeks last year, stepped right back in and we beat the crap out of New England. I just don't think he declined at all.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
But anyone calling Roaf some old, fat, and washed up Bum is and idiot.So then you must be calling Willie an idiot.

Why don't you actually read the posts that people write instead of just going along with the crowd.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I'd agree with probably 99% of players, but this is Willie Roaf. I bet he could step in there tomorrow and do better than the majority of LT's. He was hurt for a few weeks last year, stepped right back in and we beat the crap out of New England. I just don't think he declined at all.

Last year, he'd already been through offseason workouts, camp, and preseason.

This year, he's been sitting on his couch since OTA's.

If you're talking about Jordan Black, then sure, he could come back right now and be better. But I don't believe he'd be better than Turley.

beavis
08-11-2006, 12:33 PM
If Willie Roaf had played all 16 games, Kansas City would've been one of those teams.
Maybe... but my point was, our season isn't lost because he's gone. I'd like to have him play as much as anyone, but I'm not going to cry over it if he doesn't.

Come on man, I was trying to be optimistic!

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
But I don't believe he'd be better than Turley.

What a joke.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-11-2006, 12:35 PM

31 teams didn't have our defense either. That's why 12 of them went to the playoffs!

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Last year, he'd already been through offseason workouts, camp, and preseason.

This year, he's been sitting on his couch since OTA's.

If you're talking about Jordan Black, then sure, he could come back right now and be better. But I don't believe he'd be better than Turley.A healthy Roaf is 200% better than Turley in Turleys prime.

But, Roaf is not healthy, and Roaf knows this, so I think Turley may have a slight edge if Turley stays healthy.

Ya got that ya bunch of cheeseball drama queens!!??

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM
So then you must be calling Willie an idiot.

Why don't you actually read the posts that people write instead of just going along with the crowd.

I have read your posts. I think your and idiot :thumb:

Mr. Laz
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a quote from the original article in the Star.
yep ... remember the "respect teammate" quote from before

unless he just repeated himself

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I have read your posts. I think your and idiot :thumb:ok

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
What a joke.

You believe that a Willie Roaf that said HIMSELF he's not healthy enough to play is better than Kyle Turley?

You should put down the crack pipe and listen to WILLIE. He's already told you the answer...

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:43 PM
A healthy Roaf is 200% better than Turley in Turleys prime.

But, Roaf is not healthy, and Roaf knows this, so I think Turley may have a slight edge if Turley stays healthy.

Ya got that ya bunch of cheeseball drama queens!!??

EGG-zackly.

This idea that Willie is just sitting there biding his time to come back and dominate is ridiculous.

He said it with his OWN MOUTH - he can't play at the level that he's accustomed to anymore.

Halfcan
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
All I heard before his retirement was what great shape Roaf was in, and he was working out extra sessions. I think the whole thing is about money-didn't CP ask him for a pay cut??

Roaf will get a new one year contract with a sweet bonus and will be here opening day against the Bungholes.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
You believe that a Willie Roaf that said HIMSELF he's not healthy enough to play is better than Kyle Turley?

Yes, I think if Roaf literally came back today and they each played in a game, Roaf would do significantly better.

Moooo
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM

You should put down the crack pipe and listen to WILLIE. He's already told you the answer...

Whether or not he should retire seems like a moot point.

As far as him being better I would agree. He just knows. And when you've done it as long as him, you don't need training or practice to hone your skills.

I think he is better than Turley, I think he's healthy, but I don't think he would stay healthy. Too bad there's not some way he could agree to only playing half the snaps or something. The position is SO demanding on the body, I think he could still do it...part-time...if you will.

Moooo

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Yes, I think if Roaf literally came back today and they each played in a game, Roaf would do significantly better.

You're entitled to your opinion.

And I'm entitled to laugh at you because Willie himself disagrees with you.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
All I heard before his retirement was what great shape Roaf was in, and he was working out extra sessions. I think the whole thing is about money-didn't CP ask him for a pay cut??

Roaf will get a new one year contract with a sweet bonus and will be here opening day against the Bungholes.

No Carl did not ask him to take a pay cut.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM

Really? Mind showing me where Roaf says "I'm not any better than Kyle Turley"?

Show that to me and I'll shut the **** up

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Yes, I think if Roaf literally came back today and they each played in a game, Roaf would do significantly better.Don't blame him for being this stupid, htismaqe, living in St. Louis messes with your head. There is just crack smoke emulating from the city. He cant help but inhale it.

Moooo
08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
You're entitled to your opinion.

With all due respect, players never tell the whole truth...

He may be, I'm not saying that, but players always exaggerate things to humble themselves.

Moooo

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
If Willie feels good enough to play, he IS better than Turley.

Even if he is Old, Fat, or whatever. Once its gametime that guy can still ball IMHO.

I really do hope that Turley's back can hold up for the season, and the way he has looked at camp sure does make me feel better about Roaf's retirement.

But, I will still welcome back Roaf with open arms if he does decide to come back.

Sincerely,

and idiot

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
With all due respect, players never tell the whole truth...

He may be, I'm not saying that, but players always exaggerate things to humble themselves.

MooooWe believe Willie. But, I hope he is lying.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM

Even if he is Old, Fat, or whatever. Once its gametime that guy can still ball IMHO.

Hey, moron, this is what I have been saying.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't blame him for being this stupid, htismaqe, living in St. Louis messes with your head. There is just crack smoke emulating from the city. He cant help but inhale it.

Hey! We agree on something: St. Louis ****ing sucks

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Really? Mind showing me where Roaf says "I'm not any better than Kyle Turley"?

Show that to me and I'll shut the **** up

It's quite simple really.

Willie Roaf said he RETIRED. Which means he can't play AT ALL.

That means that a warm body lined up at left tackle is better than Willie because Willie IS NOT THERE.

greg63
So...you're tellin me there's a chance!!!

YEAH! I hear ya.

DMAC
Hey! We agree on something: St. Louis ****ing sucksWell, just move. I did. It's only been 2 months, and I am already more clear headed.

ChiefsFan4Life
08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
It's quite simple really.

Willie Roaf said he RETIRED. Which means he can't play AT ALL.

That means that a warm body lined up at left tackle is better than Willie because Willie IS NOT THERE.

Umm, that's great and all but not the argument. The argument is that if Roaf was playing he wouldn't be better than Turley is what you're saying and I'm saying that's retarded.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Willie Roaf will play opening day!

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Hey, moron, this is what I have been saying.

It sounded to me, like you were throwing him under the bus.

Well, what I am saying is Willie is fat, old, and hurting. More than likely we are better off.

Just because he is a hall of famer for what he HAS done, does not mean we should be crying that he is leaving.

He is OLD.

He is FAT.

He is HURT.

MOVE ON.

Dude! He's hurt!! And Old!!! I can't stand your stupidity any longer.

Both of these posts are the major reason I posted what I did.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Umm, that's great and all but not the argument. The argument is that if Roaf was playing he wouldn't be better than Turley is what you're saying and I'm saying that's retarded.And I'm saying if he is injured that is true.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 01:03 PM
It sounded to me, like you were throwing him under the bus.

Both of these posts are the major reason I posted what I did.Did you miss the part where I said he is hurt?

See what I mean by reading?

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 01:03 PM

I really do hope that Turley's back can hold up for the season, and the way he has looked at camp sure does make me feel better about Roaf's retirement.

But, I will still welcome back Roaf with open arms if he does decide to come back.

Sincerely,

and idiot

Dude, we TOTALLY agree. If Willie feels good enough to play, he's better than all but 1 or 2 tackles in the entire league.

The simple fact is, he doesn't feel good enough to play.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Dude, we TOTALLY agree. If Willie feels good enough to play, he's better than all but 1 or 2 tackles in the entire league.

The simple fact is, he doesn't feel good enough to play.It took 6 pages to do it, but I think people are starting to understand what we are saying.

EDIT: 7 pages.

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Umm, that's great and all but not the argument. The argument is that if Roaf was playing he wouldn't be better than Turley is what you're saying and I'm saying that's retarded.

If Roaf were playing right now, in the exact condition he's in, he wouldn't be better than Turley.

Because he's already said he's not in a condition to play.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
If Roaf were playing right now, in the exact condition he's in, he wouldn't be better than Turley.

Because he's already said he's not in a condition to play.[retard voice]How can you say that?! He's a hall of famer!![/retard voice]

:whackit:

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Did you miss the part where I said he is hurt?

See what I mean by reading?

If he is Hurt he isnt going to play. No shit.

Alright, im with you now. Your just a major smartass with the delivery of your posts.

DMAC
08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Your just a major smartass with the delivery of your posts.Which is why you need to read.

Read it in, read it out!!

htismaqe
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
If he is Hurt he isnt going to play. No shit.

Alright, im with you now. Your just a major smartass with the delivery of your posts.

Dude, how long have you been a member here? :p

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Dude, how long have you been a member here? :p

ROFL

I know, I was just thinking about that. Hard to not skim over posts sometimes. A good topic hits 4+ pages damn quick...

greg63
08-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Willie Roaf will play opening day!

OOOO, OOOO; is he really!!!!! :p