PDA

View Full Version : So, I talked to Gunther Cunningham...

bobbything
08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
I was fortunate enough to spend about 25 minutes with Gunther Cunningham on Tuesday evening. I was up in River Falls with 610 (not working for them so I can release this information) when Gunther was on his way back to the dorms from meetings. There were about 8 of us out in front where the Chris and Cowboy show was going on and Gunther stopped and talked to us for nearly a half an hour.

Some points of interest...

- Reed and Edwards are "very very good." They will start unless something drastic happens.

- Pollard and Page are "the real thing." Gunther had Pollard as a 1st rounder. When management tried to argue with him, he said, "'Hey, what were you doing 30 years ago?' "Well, I was in grade school then." Gunther said, "Well, I was coaching football in the NFL!"

- I asked what the deal is with Simms. Gunther replied, "He's fat and lazy." Said, "I tried to do the same thing with Simms that I did with Kawika. But it's not working."

- Asked about Eric Hicks. Said that his "legs aren't there at all." Said he's not sure if it has something to do with Tamba Hali or not.

- Said that Surtain told him in meetings that night that the San Diego game last year at Arrowhead was the loudest game he's ever played in; and that (Surtain) "wants that all the time."

- As he walked off he told us "everyone wants us to score 40 point per game. But nobody understands that this defense will be much better. And that we won't need to score 40 points. We'll be able to, but won't need to."

4th and Long
08-11-2006, 07:52 PM
I believe I heard about this on the radio but since you can't prove that you were one of the people mentioned, I'll have to take you at your word. ;)

bobbything
08-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I believe I heard about this on the radio but since you can't prove that you were one of the people mentioned, I'll have to take you at your word.
:) My word is my bond. And it's as strong as oak.

KcMizzou
08-11-2006, 07:55 PM
- I asked what the deal is with Simms. Gunther replied, "He's fat and lazy." Said, "I tried to do the same thing with Simms that I did with Kawika. But it's not working."
Well, that's candid.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Very, very interesting stuff.

I like the Surtain bit. That San Diego game was a great game for our defense. I'm sure that's the sort of game Gunther wants every time out.

I am shocked about the defensive tackles.

Rain Man
08-11-2006, 08:04 PM
This is the Buck Buchanan situation all over again, except for the 8 pro bowls and the Super Bowl and the Hall of Fame.

Skip Towne
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Which Reed is he talking about? Surely not Nick.

HMc
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
James Reed id be tippin

bobbything
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Which Reed is he talking about? Surely not Nick.
James.

chief52
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Have a good buddy that played under Gun at Cal. He loved his intensity. I bet it would be great to talk with him.

HMc
08-11-2006, 08:24 PM
"'Hey, what were you doing 30 years ago?' "Well, I was in grade school then." Gunther said, "Well, I was coaching football in the NFL!"

I hate this kind of crap. Let's concentrate on improving your defense, which in recent times has been shite.

morphius
08-11-2006, 08:30 PM
So you were one of those guys, I wondered that from the pictures in the other thread. Congrats man!

bobbything
08-11-2006, 08:36 PM
So you were one of those guys, I wondered that from the pictures in the other thread. Congrats man!
Well, not one of the contest winners. I tagged along with a friend of mine who was kind of the M.C. of the event for 610 and the winners. But, I got all the same perks.

I'll tell you what, Marty Wall is a very, very cool guy. He sat there and talked to me at the bar for over an hour. Bob Fescoe is a tool. Chris and Cowboy are funny as hell. We went to this bar with them (there were about 6 of us) and we met the bouncer who's nose was broken by Tynes. Cowboy got this bright idea to have him on their show the next day. However, when I saw him at the practice, after the alcohol had worn off, he thought better of it.

All in all, a really fun trip.

DaFace
08-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Nice to hear straight talk from Gun rather than the coachspeak we get through media interviews. I can't decide if I'm excited or a little worried that nearly half of our defensive starters may be new this year...

morphius
08-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, not one of the contest winners. I tagged along with a friend of mine who was kind of the M.C. of the event for 610 and the winners. But, I got all the same perks.

I'll tell you what, Marty Wall is a very, very cool guy. He sat there and talked to me at the bar for over an hour. Bob Fescoe is a tool. Chris and Cowboy are funny as hell. We went to this bar with them (there were about 6 of us) and we met the bouncer who's nose was broken by Tynes. Cowboy got this bright idea to have him on their show the next day. However, when I saw him at the practice, after the alcohol had worn off, he thought better of it.

All in all, a really fun trip.
Sounds like a hell of a good time!

Did you have any takes on the players that you saw up there?

jspchief
08-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Well, that's candid.Almost too candid.

TRR
08-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Nice to hear straight talk from Gun rather than the coachspeak we get through media interviews. I can't decide if I'm excited or a little worried that nearly half of our defensive starters may be new this year...

James Reed and Ron Edwards are solid up front. I haven't seen DT play in camp like that for the longest time. Ron Edwards is an enormous man that will command double teams, and James Reed is very low to the ground, and penetrates the backfield quite a bit from what I saw in camp.

On a side note, Eric Hicks looked absolutely horrible. I keep saying this, but I would love to see them switch Hicks to DT. He still plays the run well, but has no speed at all. It would be nice to have Hicks play inside if he could gain the neccessary weight.

Deberg_1990
08-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I

hahahah...im not Gun's biggest fan but i have to respect the honesty.........Man what a turd Sims is.

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:13 PM
"Reed and Edwards are "very very good." They will start unless something drastic happens."

If these no-namers are so much better than what we had at DT, why were we throwing money at Surtain and Bell instead of upgrading the stinking pile of crap we had?

bobbything
08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Did you have any takes on the players that you saw up there?
Yeah. Specifically with the defense, it's hard to tell because they aren't allowed to tackle. However, it's obvious they play better when the field gets shorter.

Kendrell Bell looked pretty solid. I just remembered, Gunther said that Bell is far and away the better player between him and Key Fox. No debate. However, Bell still isn't consistent enough to establish the starting spot. Also said that Mitchell is going to be incredible. He said Weigmann "can't do anything to stop him" in practice. Said, "and remember how Weigmann handeled Ray Lewis?" (that got me excited) Apparently we got some linebackers coach from Buffalo (maybe it was from New York; I can't remember) and he said that Mitchell has the tools to become one of the best in the league.

I liked what I saw from the receivers. Kennison looks good. Parker caught a 40 yard pass from Green, but then droped the routine 5-yard-out on the next play.

In the 2:00 minute drill the offense marched right down the field on the defense. However, neither Surtain nor Law were in the game. Green called every play by himself and went to Gonzalez 3 straight passes, including one for the touchdown.

Turley handles Allen with ease. I'm much more relieved to see this in person

Trent Green is a top 5 quarterback in this league. Watching the offense run from the players perspective was amazing. He made some throws that just had everyone in awe. You can't really see it on TV, but he looks off his receivers perfectly. He freezes cornerbacks because his decision making is so quick. He'll look in one direction, and before you know it, he's throwing in another.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Kris Wilson looked very impressive. Only because he's always freakin' open. They had him lined up all over the place.

Printers is an amazing athlete. He's tall, quick, has great speed, and a cannon for arm. But, the first sign of pressure, he's gone. And he's not really that accurate. It's a wash between him and Huard. Neither of whom I'd be too thrilled with to be playing anytime soon. Croyle didn't even throw during individual drills.

Quintin Griffen is very, very small. I only saw him touch the ball once in two days.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:16 PM
"Reed and Edwards are "very very good." They will start unless something drastic happens."

If these no-namers are so much better than what we had at DT, why were we throwing money at Surtain and Bell instead of upgrading the stinking pile of crap we had?
WTF are you trying to say?

We had a weakness on all parts of the D, it is damn hard to replace 11 players in 2 years...

Mecca
08-11-2006, 09:16 PM

They tried, Rocky Bernard took less money to go back to Seattle than what was offered by KC.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah. Specifically with the defense, it's hard to tell because they aren't allowed to tackle. However, it's obvious they play better when the field gets shorter.

Kendrell Bell looked pretty solid. I just remembered, Gunther said that Bell is far and away the better player between him and Key Fox. No debate. However, Bell still isn't consistent enough to establish the starting spot. Also said that Mitchell is going to be incredible. He said Weigmann "can't do anything to stop him" in practice. Said, "and remember how Weigmann handeled Ray Lewis?" (that got me excited) Apparently we got some linebackers coach from Buffalo (maybe it was from New York; I can't remember) and he said that Mitchell has the tools to become one of the best in the league.

I liked what I saw from the receivers. Kennison looks good. Parker caught a 40 yard pass from Green, but then droped the routine 5-yard-out on the next play.

In the 2:00 minute drill the offense marched right down the field on the defense. However, neither Surtain nor Law were in the game. Green called every play by himself and went to Gonzalez 3 straight passes, including one for the touchdown.

Turley handles Allen with ease. I'm much more relieved to see this in person

Trent Green is a top 5 quarterback in this league. Watching the offense run from the players perspective was amazing. He made some throws that just had everyone in awe. You can't really see it on TV, but he looks off his receivers perfectly. He freezes cornerbacks because his decision making is so quick. He'll look in one direction, and before you know it, he's throwing in another.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but Kris Wilson looked very impressive. Only because he's always freakin' open. They had him lined up all over the place.

Printers is an amazing athlete. He's tall, quick, has great speed, and a cannon for arm. But, the first sign of pressure, he's gone. And he's not really that accurate. It's a wash between him and Huard. Neither of whom I'd be too thrilled with to be playing anytime soon. Croyle didn't even throw during individual drills.

Quintin Griffen is very, very small. I only saw him touch the ball once in two days.
Very nice! Thank you!

(rep 2)

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
WTF are you trying to say?

We had a weakness on all parts of the D, it is damn hard to replace 11 players in 2 years...

How much cash did these guys sign for? I'm guessing not too much. They weren't a big free-agent acquisition. My point is DT has been a weakness for so long, and our D has been so bad for so long, if all it takes to make a noticeable improvement is signing a couple guys with a pulse, WTF has Carl been doing this decade?

Deberg_1990
08-11-2006, 09:25 PM

Yep, theres our superstar. Hes the best Training Camp TE in the NFL

ChiefFan31
08-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the insider tips man :thumb:

I believe what I read about Gunther and how candid he is. I was reading another thread from someone on here that was up at River Falls and he was saying something about Gun blatantly saying that Page was was better than Knight - he used numbers like 44 (I think) is way better than 29.

As far as Edwards and Reed, I am glad they are both playing well, and it sure does seem that they will both be starters. The scary and crappy part is, that shows just how bad our DT's are on our current roster. I dont think either Edwards or Reed was rated as a top DT free agent, and im pretty sure both of those guys were around for a bit after the start of FA. Yikes!!

I would think Little Q is going to be the odd RB out here pretty quick.

bobbything
08-11-2006, 09:28 PM
WTF has Carl been doing this decade?
It's not like they haven't tried to draft a defensive line in the last 5 years. They've just all been busts.

Siavii, Wilkerson, Simms, Freeman, Downing. All failures.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:35 PM
How much cash did these guys sign for? I'm guessing not too much. They weren't a big free-agent acquisition. My point is DT has been a weakness for so long, and our D has been so bad for so long, if all it takes to make a noticeable improvement is signing a couple guys with a pulse, WTF has Carl been doing this decade?
Signing guys that haven't been working out obviously. But it isn't like they haven't been trying, though your idea that we should have stuck with McCleon and Bartee does bring some interesting merrit to the conversation.

morphius
sorry, I'm sick and probably being more of an ass then I mean to be.

Mecca
08-11-2006, 09:37 PM

You missed my post apparently......

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:37 PM
It's not like they haven't tried to draft a defensive line in the last 5 years. They've just all been busts.

Siavii, Wilkerson, Simms, Freeman, Downing. All failures.

Oh we have definitely had bad luck drafting on the d-line. I just wish we'd have pursued DTs a little harder in FA. These new guys aren't high-profile guys. There were probably guys like this floating around every year this decade that could have helped us out.

Thanks for the report, though. The fact that we may very well have almost a brand new d-line does give me a little hope that this D may actually improve this year. I always thought that for our D to have been as bad as it has been, the line had to be terrible.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:38 PM

If it wasn't for the length I would have made it so that everytime someone tries to type in Kris Wilson the BB would just replace it automatically with, Training Camp Probowl TE, Kris Wilson, ...

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
bobby - Were we coverning Wilson with a CB or a LB? I still wonder if we practice against him how we WISH teams played him instead of playing him like other teams do.

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:41 PM
You missed my post apparently......

Bernard is a much bigger name than these guys, or else I am not as up to date with the NFL as I thought, because frankly, these guys that Gun says are gonna start, I never remember hearing their name until they signed with us.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Bernard is a much bigger name than these guys, or else I am not as up to date with the NFL as I thought, because frankly, these guys that Gun says are gonna start, I never remember hearing their name until they signed with us.
Can you name 1/3 of the ~64 starting DT in the league? I sure as hell can't.

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Signing guys that haven't been working out obviously. But it isn't like they haven't been trying, though your idea that we should have stuck with McCleon and Bartee does bring some interesting merrit to the conversation.

morphius
sorry, I'm sick and probably being more of an ass then I mean to be.

Again, these are not high-profile free-agent signings. That is my point. It wouldn't have interfered with the other signings.

FringeNC
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Can you name 1/3 of the ~64 starting DT in the league? I sure as hell can't.

Good point. I just looked up Ron Edwards salary and he is making almost $2,000,000 so I guess it is a bigger signing that I realized. The other guy isn't making much. Of course, who knows what their signing bonuses were. I don't.

Overall though, if these guys are actually good and gonna to start, it is big news. How much discussion on this board has there been of the Ron Edwards signing compared to the Ty Law signing?

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Again, these are not high-profile free-agent signings. That is my point. It wouldn't have interfered with the other signings.
Our point is that we have brought in a lot of DT, sure most of them have been miserable failures, but it isn't from lack of effort.

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Good point. I just looked up Ron Edwards salary and he is making almost $2,000,000 so I guess it is a bigger signing that I realized. The other guy isn't making much. Of course, who knows what their signing bonuses were. I don't.

Overall though, if these guys are actually good and gonna to start, it is big news. How much discussion on this board has there been of the Ron Edwards signing compared to the Ty Law signing?
Not much, but it wasn't till this week that we really started hearing that there was a good chance he may be starting.

Hammock Parties
08-11-2006, 09:53 PM
If we're starting these guys, I'm worried. Edwards better sit his fat ass next to Hali. Otherwise we're going to have a 265-pound defensive end playing next to a 285-pound defensive tackle.

bobbything
08-11-2006, 09:54 PM
bobby - Were we coverning Wilson with a CB or a LB? I still wonder if we practice against him how we WISH teams played him instead of playing him like other teams do.
It was hard to tell. When he was in there, we ran a lot of nickel. But, we ran a lot of nickel most of the time I was there. Edwards was doing a bunch of situational-type practices (ie: it's 2nd and 6, with 2:33 seconds left. You have two timeouts)

The linebackers covered him more because he just kind of floats around the middle of the field; like a running back does on a check-down route.

HemiEd
08-11-2006, 09:57 PM

Yep the guy can not even beat out Tony G. or Jason Dunn, what a POS!

morphius
08-11-2006, 09:58 PM
It was hard to tell. When he was in there, we ran a lot of nickel. But, we ran a lot of nickel most of the time I was there. Edwards was doing a bunch of situational-type practices (ie: it's 2nd and 6, with 2:33 seconds left. You have two timeouts)

The linebackers covered him more because he just kind of floats around the middle of the field; like a running back does on a check-down route.
Alright, just something I'm interested in finding out.

Mecca
08-11-2006, 09:58 PM
If we're starting these guys, I'm worried. Edwards better sit his fat ass next to Hali. Otherwise we're going to have a 265-pound defensive end playing next to a 285-pound defensive tackle.

That's basically what the cover 2 is......go pull up Tampa's guys they're all undersized. If we're going to a cover 2 you better stop getting hung up on size because the cover 2 is about smaller quicker and faster players everywhere including the Dline.

Kesmai
08-11-2006, 10:10 PM
guys got a point...

go bo
08-11-2006, 10:20 PM

morphius
sorry, I'm sick and probably being more of an ass then I mean to be.excuses, excuses...

Chiefnj
08-11-2006, 10:33 PM
That's basically what the cover 2 is......go pull up Tampa's guys they're all undersized. If we're going to a cover 2 you better stop getting hung up on size because the cover 2 is about smaller quicker and faster players everywhere including the Dline.

You dont necessarily have to have small DT's. You have to have DT's who can get pressure. Sapp was never small. The Bears play cover 2 on passing downs and don't have undersized DTs.

GoHuge
08-11-2006, 10:52 PM

All in all, a really fun trip.Wow really good info....appreciate it. Would have been even better without the 610 pumping and bashing the 810 guy.

rad
08-11-2006, 11:07 PM
James Reed and Ron Edwards are solid up front. I haven't seen DT play in camp like that for the longest time. Ron Edwards is an enormous man that will command double teams, and James Reed is very low to the ground, and penetrates the backfield quite a bit from what I saw in camp.

Sweet. I've been pimpin' Reed for a couple months now. I really think he's gonna suprise people. I also hope Edwards shoulder holds up. It would be nice to see some new faces on the line this year.

greg63
08-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Good stuff bobbything! :thumb:

ChiefaRoo
08-11-2006, 11:58 PM
:) My word is my bond. And it's as strong as oak.

Good line. I liked it when I heard it in Jerry McGwire. However, Shute's dad ended up breaking his word ....

bobbything
08-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Would have been even better without the 610 pumping and bashing the 810 guy.
I just call it as I see it. Todd Leabo was nice. Is that better? Leabo and Fescoe were the only two 810 guys I met.

jspchief
08-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep the guy can not even beat out Tony G. or Jason Dunn, what a POS!Then why the hell did we waste a 2nd round pick on him?

We had to have taken the guy knowing he wasn't going to beat out Gonzo or Dunn. So apparently we thought there was still a place on the field along side those two. Yet he can't get on the field. That appears to me that he's not capable of doing whatever the coaches thought he'd be able to do. Hell, Vermeil even admitted that he's not the "matchup nightmare' that they thought he'd be and that a nickel package basically neutralizes him.

It was a tweener project pick toy for Saunders when we should have been adding players to the defensive side of the ball. And I'll bet money that Solari and Edwards don't give two shits about having an H-back. He better learn to play FB, or he's going to be job hunting soon.

CoMoChief
08-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Very, very interesting stuff.

I like the Surtain bit. That San Diego game was a great game for our defense. I'm sure that's the sort of game Gunther wants every time out.

I am shocked about the defensive tackles.

Whats even more interesting about that is that game was on Xmas Eve and it was cold and rainy and not that many people were at the game or there for it's entirety.

DaFace
08-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Whats even more interesting about that is that game was on Xmas Eve and it was cold and rainy and not that many people were at the game or there for it's entirety.

I don't even remember it being that loud. :hmmm:

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Interesting hearing about the SanDiego game last year. I got free tickets to that game (50 yard line 24 rows from the field). I think I yelled for 3 hours straight. That's the only game I've ever been to. Dante Hall sure laid out Donnie Edwards that day. Memories for a lifetime!

jspchief
08-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Whats even more interesting about that is that game was on Xmas Eve and it was cold and rainy and not that many people were at the game or there for it's entirety.That's what happens when hardcore fans get to move down into the sections vacated by the wine and cheese crowd.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-12-2006, 10:15 AM
That's what happens when hardcore fans get to move down into the sections vacated by the wine and cheese crowd.

I'll bet you're exactly right.

jiveturkey
08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
That's basically what the cover 2 is......go pull up Tampa's guys they're all undersized. If we're going to a cover 2 you better stop getting hung up on size because the cover 2 is about smaller quicker and faster players everywhere including the Dline.Instead we've gone with oversized safeties.
:hmmm:

booger
08-13-2006, 01:00 AM
I asked what the deal is with Simms. Gunther replied, "He's fat and lazy." Said, "I tried to do the same thing with Simms that I did with Kawika. But it's not working."

- Asked about Eric Hicks. Said that his "legs aren't there at all." Said he's not sure if it has something to do with Tamba Hali or not.

Seems spot on to me.

ChiefFan31
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
I asked what the deal is with Simms. Gunther replied, "He's fat and lazy." Said, "I tried to do the same thing with Simms that I did with Kawika. But it's not working."

Seems spot on to me.

Not even kidding. Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

tk13
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Not that Sims is some superstar waiting in the wings or anything, although he did look decent before getting hurt last preseason... but you can't always deal with every player the same way. Just because it worked with Kawika Mitchell doesn't mean it'll work with Ryan Sims. You gotta know who to yell at and who to prop up. That's probably especially important with pro athletes. You risk having guys tune out on you otherwise.

booger
08-13-2006, 01:12 AM
True. But IMO, Krumrie, Gun, and Herm and their motivations to Sims is probably the last effort to get it out of him, in KC anyway.

tk13
08-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I don't know, I don't think some people would've put up with Sims this long. That said, if this defense struggles again, I'm afraid they're gonna start tuning out Gun like Sims has. Everybody loves these angry yelling coaches but when it backfires it goes south fast.

ChiefFan31
08-13-2006, 01:18 AM
I hear ya tk.

The same approach wont work with everyone, but shit. I would imagine they have tried all sorts of different approaches with him.

Maybe Carl should prod him to come out of the closet or something, maybe thats it. Who knows what that guys deal is.

I mention Carl, because no GM wants the highest draft pick since Derrick Thomas to be flat out cut. (I could be wrong about the pick, but im pretty sure)

booger
08-13-2006, 01:21 AM
I agree, definatly.

Good thing that Gun seems pretty calm when he is at practice and approaching the team.

I think now it makes sense that Herm seemed to be fairly calm with sims. Telling him he just wanted to help him be more consistant.

I think Herm realizes he won't start and just wants 25 or so good snaps a game from him.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Not that Sims is some superstar waiting in the wings or anything, although he did look decent before getting hurt last preseason... but you can't always deal with every player the same way. Just because it worked with Kawika Mitchell doesn't mean it'll work with Ryan Sims. You gotta know who to yell at and who to prop up. That's probably especially important with pro athletes. You risk having guys tune out on you otherwise.

It would appear that Whitlock has been right all along about Sims. I think Sims is just a guy who doesnt love the game enough and got fat and happy once he signed his fat contract. He has zero motivation to improve. I say we cut our losses with him and move on.

Mojo Rising
08-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Sims needs to go. His arrival should be blamed on DV, not CP. Bunting was in the DV network and he is the one who sold DV on Sims. If Sims is drafted in the top 10 then Bunting can go and tell all of the high school prospects that he has the NFL's ear and had 2 players drafted in the top 10. That was his motivation.

Sims probably will stick around the NFL for years to come like Ted Washington, Gilbert Brown, and the original Big Daddy Wilkerson. He can bulk up to 350+ and clog the middle for another 5 years.

Skip Towne
08-13-2006, 06:32 AM
We weren't the only ones who wanted Sims. We had to win a footrace with Minnesota to get him. I wish we had lost that race.

Mojo Rising
08-13-2006, 06:41 AM
There were 4 premiere DT's. Haynesworth, Sims, Henderson and Bryant.

Henderson was the only one who panned out. The knock on him was that he was too tall and had injury issues.

Logical
08-13-2006, 08:07 AM
I really find this thread quite interesting. I must say I am suprised Gun would be so direct about Sims. But I guess that is what would make such an experience so cool. Props for the info.

Iowanian
08-13-2006, 08:16 AM
If anyone talks to Gun again, I'd like them to remind him of his opening press conference, when he was re-hired when he said..."We're going to stop that damn bootleg".

As for Sims, At the time, I too thought he was the right choice. The Chiefs needed Dline help, Henderson had back questions, Hanesworth had a $.10 head. The question many had at the time, was, "Is Sims a product of Julius Peppers" and apparently the correct answer is...yes.

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
So, basically he said Hicks sucks... Which we all know. Sims is a major disappointment to all of us... man I thought he would be good.

Good stuff dude...