PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why the only Floridians that seemed to have trouble with the ballots

Pitt Gorilla
12-13-2000, 12:29 AM
were Democrats? One of the Dem. spin guys thought it was because a lot of Dems. aren't as intelligent as their Rep. counterparts. A Dem. said that!!! I don't know....Just looking for some ideas because it was these people who STARTED this whole mess!!!

------------------
GO PITT!

DaWolf
12-13-2000, 01:06 AM
The problem was that the punch ballots or the older voting equipment was located in the predominantly democratic districts. Many of the republican districts had the optical scanner machines. It may be en vogue to say those people were stupid, and maybe some were, but you had a lot of older people and first time voters in those districts, and that sometimes leads to confusion...

jcl-kcfan
12-13-2000, 02:10 AM
A couple of questions here;

Aren't these HISTORICLY democrat districts?

Aren't they controlled by a democrat election board?

Doesn't the election board determine what ballots and what machines are used for their districts?

Why are they b*tching and moaning about the republicans?

[This message has been edited by jcl-kcfan (edited 12-13-2000).]

47mack
12-13-2000, 04:38 AM
jcl

Yes, they were designed and approved by the Democrats. The lady that designed the butterfly ballot there (a dem.) is the only one that stood by the ballot. The Dem. that approved the ballot was one of the guys agruing that it was too confusing. The court case should have ended there.

Senator Wexler (I believe he is a Senator) of Florida can also be blame for this mess. He is the one that went on television and said that he witnessed hundreds of voters crying in the parking lots because they knew that they messed up there ballot and ment to vote for Gore.

How sickening. The best thing Florida can do to make themselves look better after all this is impeach the FL. Justices (all the grounds, facts and support is there) and vote Wexler out.

------------------
TWB

wutamess
12-13-2000, 07:11 AM
It's not that the democrats or dumb... It's that GOP's candidate was at the TOP of the ballet. PRetty hard to phuck up that pick "at the top".

If it was the other way around then republicans would be crying bloody murder also.

my $.02

Spott
12-13-2000, 07:40 AM
I don't think it has anything to do with who designed the ballots or their political affiliation. Plain & simple, there are just a lot of stupid people who can't follow simple instructions. Voting isn't rocket science.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

redfan
12-13-2000, 10:29 AM
Maybe its because the gov is Dubyas bro! This whole thing has had a fishy flavor to me because of that. Things that make you go hmmmmm...<BR>

Duck Dog
12-13-2000, 10:34 AM
Redhead, GWB's brother kept himself out of the process.

Mizzou, you my friend, have said it best. I like 'to the point' attitudes.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
Shoot 'em in the lips

[This message has been edited by Duck Dog (edited 12-13-2000).]

Mosbonian
12-13-2000, 11:38 AM
Roger:

Here's your change from your .02 worth....

If someone is SO STUPID that they "just punch the one at the top" because it is the first one there, then they don't deserve the right to vote.

If all the "first time" voters were truly Democrat, and they were there mostly because of the heavy push by the Democratic Party, then the Dems have only themselves to blame for the problems of the "uneducated voter".

If I have a new employee I never just sit them down in front of a computer and say " here ya' go, have at it". First we have a manual with sample screens showing step by step instructions of how to proceed. Then we actually walk them through the whole process from start to finish to ensure they know what they are doing.

Your new voter is no different than a new employee(especially in Wisconsin where they were paid cigarettes to vote). If you are going to ask them to the dance, then for goodness sakes teach them the 2-step.

mark

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Mosbonian
12-13-2000, 11:43 AM
redhed:

If you think that Florida was just "randomly" picked to be the state put front and center in this crisis, then you are naive'.

The Dems have known of the problems with ballots being tossed out in previous elections due to improper voting, and knew if the election was close Fl. was the place to fight.

mark
any election with a Daley involved should be monitored closely

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

The_Grand_Illusion
12-13-2000, 11:59 AM
Pat Caddell, a liberal Democrat statistition, said it best on MSNBC last night. He said that we could have avoided this whole mess if the Florida Supreme Court would have decided to hand-count the whole state with the same standards in each county the FIRST time this case was brought up to them. Instead they decided to be partisen and give an edge to Gore by letting the Dems hand-count in a few Dem counties with different counting standards.

That is what the Supreme Court found constitutional problems with by a vote of 7-2.

TGI

Even though Pat Caddell is a liberal Democrat, he is very objective.<BR>

Clint in Wichita
12-13-2000, 12:13 PM
MSNBC is a member of the liberal media. Don't believe anything they report. That guy's comments, and possibly the entire interview, were probably altered using computer animation.

The_Grand_Illusion
12-13-2000, 12:22 PM
Clint,

Make fun of that all you want. Pat Caddell has been very interesting to listen too. Especially since he is a self-proclaimed liberal Democrat. Objectivety is very rare among the liberals.

TGI<BR>

Clint in Wichita
12-13-2000, 12:23 PM
That's why I don't believe it. He's probably just some three-dimensional image created with a computer.

58Forever
12-13-2000, 12:39 PM
Kind of like Gore and Dubya....

Clint in Wichita
12-13-2000, 12:44 PM
Gore & Bush? Three dimensions? Yeah, right.

I've seen more depth in an installment of the "Maniac Cop" series.

The_Grand_Illusion
12-13-2000, 12:50 PM
Clint,

That's wishful thinking to say that.

I should have said liberal objectivity in the media is rare. I do know some liberals that can be objective. You're talking to someone who used to be a democrat so I can relate to what Pat Caddell says.

TGI<BR>

Snapper
12-13-2000, 01:01 PM
Amen Mark K.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Seahawk
12-13-2000, 02:41 PM
Thr Real voting standard...

http://www.pushback.com/justice/votefraud/instruct.gif

<BR>

Mosbonian
12-13-2000, 03:16 PM
Joe:

We used the very same system here in SC and everyone's vote was counted.

What is amazing there is the warning at the bottom of the ballot that very few people ever notice, until now.

BTW, did anyone see that story of the election that happened in that little town in Michigan(I think that was where it was at). The vote came up as a tie after recounts and the tie was settled by drawing a slip the read either "ELECTED" or "NOT ELECTED".

After the drawing both candidates shook hands and left with no ill feelings.

Don't you wish that they all happened that way.

mmaddog

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 12-13-2000).]

Pitt Gorilla
12-13-2000, 03:20 PM
My college algebra students would have understood THESE instructions. Remove the darn chips!!! It's that easy!!!

------------------
GO PITT!

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2000, 01:24 AM
For all of the morons holding up the "count the votes" signs, the votes WERE counted. You know, if the instructions were followed, there would be no reason for a recount. I mean, who ARE these people who can't understand? I hate to sound like an elitist, but, should their vote count if they can't follow SIMPLE instructions? I mean, they read like a Dick and Jane book.

------------------
GO PITT!