PDA

View Full Version : *****Official "Game Day Dinner"******

R&GHomer
08-12-2006, 12:17 PM
So what is everyone making on this seasons first day of Chiefs football?

Me..

BBQ Ribs.... Slow smoked to perfection
Corn on the cob
Baked beans
Potatoe Salad
Jalapeno Poppers "jspchiefs recipe"

:drool:

May every Chiefs fan in the world have a wonderful day.

GO CHIEFS! :toast:

KcMizzou
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Jalapeno Poppers "jspchiefs recipe"
Could you post that? I'd like to try making some for Thursday night's game.

The food sounds great, what time should we be there?

R&GHomer
08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Could you post that? I'd like to try making some for Thursday night's game.

The food sounds great, what time should we be there?

JSP's jalapeno Armadillo Eggs

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by jspchief
Here's another Jalapeno Recipe.

Armadillo Eggs:

30 large fresh jalapenos
1 pound ground italian sausage (browned)
1-2 packages bacon, or approx 1 slice per pepper
1 package finely shredded colby jack
Toothpicks

Cut tops off of jalapenos and clean out seeds (a grapefruit knife works well). You can also make a slice down one side to get to the seeds, but I prefer to go in through the top (makes a cleaner package). Rinse out inside or peppers. If you get out all of the seeds, and rinse them well, it will remove a lot of the heat of the jalapeno, making them something that everyone can enjoy.

Brown and drain italian sausage, then cool. Once meat is cool enough to not melt the cheese mix in about 1/2-1 cup of the shredded colby jack.

Stuff peppers with meat and cheese mix, then wrap with a bacon slice, covering opening. Hold bacon on pepper with a toothpick.

Refrigate for later or toss on the grill.

These require a bit of prep time, but can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated. They are excellent snacks/appetizers because they grill quickly. They only have to cook long enough to cook the bacon.

KcMizzou
08-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Sweet. Thanks!

R&GHomer
08-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Sweet. Thanks!

My pleasure, Enjoy

Nzoner
08-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm going to let Original Pizza do the the work tonight and pick up a large pie on the way to a buddy's place to watch the game.Washing it down with 7 & 7's.

btw,if you didn't see the thread,the Diego tickets got here yesterday.

R&GHomer
08-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm going to let Original Pizza do the the work tonight and pick up a large pie on the way to a buddy's place to watch the game.Washing it down with 7 & 7's.

btw,if you didn't see the thread,the Diego tickets got here yesterday.

No I didn't see it, but cool. I would like to speak with you in person if that's ok, this is quit a bit off Jack. Send me an email and I'll give you a call. That's going to be a fun day!