PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy auction?????

mac58
08-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Im having my auction soon. . .We start with $250 and have to buy an entire team. ..anyone know about this, and how much percent wise a great player is worth. . .all my friends know I want LJ so I might keep bidding him up and when someone raises me too high just bow out. . .

shawnboy
08-12-2006, 03:48 PM
We've done auction drafts in our league for the last 2 years and have to say the amount of strategy that goes into auction drafts is huge. If you show up to the draft with just a magazine you don't stand a prayer. You need to decide if you're going to load up on 2nd tier players and win your league with depth or if you're gonna take a chance and go after 2 or 3 studs and hope you have some $1 players that pan out for ya. What you said in your post is the key. Spend as much as you can of the other team's salary cap. Bid up as many players as you can which will leave more money for you in the long run. It never fails that near the end of the draft there are 2 or 3 good players that you can't believe haven't been picked left and the guy with the most money will take them.

That all being said we have a 12 team league and $200 cap (16 roster spots) and the top 5 guys annually go for around $60-70.

Good luck! You'll love the different format!

mac58
08-12-2006, 03:52 PM
cool thanks for the adfvice. . .yeah im in NY and the only chief fan of my friends so they know i want johnson. . .im even gonna wear his Jersey. . .im gonna try to run him up to like $90 and let someone take him. . .i think the most ill pay for him is like $75 or $80. . .

mac58
08-12-2006, 04:03 PM
I have 12 teams in my league. . .and we have about 12 roster spots each. . .we are each starting with $250 . . .how much is too much to pay LJ?

shawnboy
08-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I would say he should go around $80-85. As far as too much money it will all depend on what you want the rest of your roster to look like. If you spend that much on one guy you have to settle for lesser players at the other positions. Personally I don't go after my favorite players as most people tend to overspend on their favs.

morphius
08-12-2006, 04:12 PM
The highest I have seen a player go in a league like that is 105 for Faulk a couple years back, boy did that team bomb out.

It is probably the best format for a FFL there is.

shawnboy
08-12-2006, 04:27 PM
The problem with that type of pick is your only 1 injury away from your team going down the drain. If I remember right that year the guy that took Faulk in our league paid almost $90 for him and he tanked also.

mac58
08-12-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah thats a good point. . .sometimes the fan in me takes over. . .last year I had priest, LJ, trent and eddie Kennison. . .I actually won my league. . .but i also had steve smith. . .i like having chiefs. . .something inside me has a hard time gettring excited if LT scores a TD even if he is on my fantasy team. . .im gonna try and play with my head and not my heart this year. . .

Dunit35
08-12-2006, 05:03 PM
This FF auction looks like a lot of fun compared to the norm.

morphius
08-12-2006, 05:05 PM
This FF auction looks like a lot of fun compared to the norm.
I like how it gives everyone a shot at a player, because drafting 8 in a 10 man draft is really limiting.

mac58
08-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I like how it gives everyone a shot at a player, because drafting 8 in a 10 man draft is really limiting.

yeah and if u want someone u get him. . .its not just luck of the draw. . .i think im gonna pay big for two good running backs and one reciever. . .than get a desent QB and a couple of good recievers. . .

morphius
08-12-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah and if u want someone u get him. . .its not just luck of the draw. . .i think im gonna pay big for two good running backs and one reciever. . .than get a desent QB and a couple of good recievers. . .
We play in a two keeper league with RFA's as well, which will make this year interesting. My RB situation has always been horrible over the years though, my guys are always getting injured. QB is where I have the worst luck though.

Psyko Tek
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
When I saw "fantasy auction" I was hoping I could bid on a threesome with a black girl and an Asian girl.

when I saw the title I had a similar idea,
then I saw who posted last and knew I was tooooo late