PDA

View Full Version : ERIC HICKs can't cover the bootleg.

chief2000
08-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Hali might.

810am postgame analysis.

kcxiv
08-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Well its usually a lnebackers job. Bootleg is meant to get outside of the DE. IF the DE if running a stunt or something, he i fooked. Eiher way Chiefs need alot of work

Bob Dole
08-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Well its usually a lnebackers job. Bootleg is meant to get outside of the DE. IF the DE if running a stunt or something, he i fooked. Eiher way Chiefs need alot of work

HWhile it may be the LBs job to make the tackle, the DE should stay home. Hicks has a horrible habit of crashing inside and being completely out of position.

Bwana
08-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Hicks needs to be second string or working at Mickey D's on opening day period.

Immaculate
08-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Breaking news!

Coach
08-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Same shit, different day.

I'm just appalled that the Chiefs still keep him around after all those years.

It's offensive.

ChiefsLV
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
From the postgame conference:

Herm - "The players knew it (the bootleg) was coming."

Hopefully Hali can do better than Hicks did.

morphius
08-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Hicks can't...

rush the passer
play the bootleg
make a play when it matters
etc
etc
etc

Sam Hall
08-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't have to tell you which one of our rivals is probably salivating at the chance to play our defense right now :rolleyes:

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Eric Hicks can't play defense period, had 1 good season, thats it. Dan Williams re-incarnate.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Eric Hicks basically isn't talented and he's dumb.......good combination for an NFL player.

Coach
08-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Too bad jwhit isn't online right now. It's a perfect article for him to rip Hicks on the Star.

Of course, if Whitlock has the balls to call him out anyways.

Rausch
08-12-2006, 09:57 PM
HWhile it may be the LBs job to make the tackle, the DE should stay home. Hicks has a horrible habit of crashing inside and being completely out of position.

I didn't see the game and just listened on the radio but they went on and on about Hicks ****ing up the contain and getting abused on the bootleg...

PastorMikH
08-12-2006, 10:10 PM

Oddly enough, the first bootleg got outside of Hicks, but not Jared Allen. And it was run to Hick's side of the field, not Allens. I couldn't believe it. Allen went all the way across the field to clean up Hick's mistake and Hicks was nowhere near it.

kcxiv
08-12-2006, 10:12 PM
what if his assignment wasnt to stay home? Maybe it wasnt Hicks that blew the assignement maybe it was the LB? i havent watched the game so i dont know. I will know more in the am, after i watch it on nfl network. Though i dont knwo if i even wanna watch it.lol

Halfcan
08-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't have to tell you which one of our rivals is probably salivating at the chance to play our defense right now :rolleyes:

All of them. :banghead:

Coach
Oddly enough, the first bootleg got outside of Hicks, but not Jared Allen. And it was run to Hick's side of the field, not Allens. I couldn't believe it. Allen went all the way across the field to clean up Hick's mistake and Hicks was nowhere near it.

That's pretty much what I been seeing as well.

It's disgraceful.

morphius
I didn't see the game and just listened on the radio but they went on and on about Hicks ****ing up the contain and getting abused on the bootleg...
A couple of them he didn't even keep an eye on the QB, it was pathetic. He just looked slow out there. As I said in the game thread, there was one bootleg to his side that Allen was closer to chasing him out of bounds and it was of course to Hicks side.

PastorMikH
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Thier first touchdown drive was almost all bootlegs to Hicks side.

dirk digler
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Maybe Hicks is dogging it so he can get cut because he is pissed that we drafted Tamba.

Sam Hall
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
I can't believe we couldn't stop the bootleg considering that (A) Kubiak is their head coach and (B) Herm even said they knew the bootleg was coming.

That's what makes it dumbfounding to me.

Valiant
08-12-2006, 10:29 PM
what if his assignment wasnt to stay home? Maybe it wasnt Hicks that blew the assignement maybe it was the LB? i havent watched the game so i dont know. I will know more in the am, after i watch it on nfl network. Though i dont knwo if i even wanna watch it.lol

That would be fine if HIcks could get at least some what decent pressure on the QB...

Hicks gets played lick a drum on four or five bootlegs, Hicks cannot even get close to smell Carr's jock with their below average Oline..

Valiant
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM
A couple of them he didn't even keep an eye on the QB, it was pathetic. He just looked slow out there. As I said in the game thread, there was one bootleg to his side that Allen was closer to chasing him out of bounds and it was of course to Hicks side.

Sitting here at the house I called four bootlegs perfect before the snap... I knew it was coming, Herm knew it was coming, HIcks for some reason didn't have a clue...

ChiefsLV
08-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I really think Hicks will be cut, possibly sooner than we expect. Herm mentioned a couple of times in the postgame about how the QB was faster than our DE, referencing Hicks slowness indirectly.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't think hicks will get cut.

We need him just for depth.

Iowanian
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
If you're going to do a blow by blow of what the genius that IS 810 say....it'd be fine to put it in 1 thread.

Hicks wasn't the only slow DE on the field tonight in Red.
Hopefully, They view Burton as a DT and he was filling an injury void tonight.

booger
08-12-2006, 11:08 PM
If you're going to do a blow by blow of what the genius that IS 810 say....it'd be fine to put it in 1 thread.

Hicks wasn't the only slow DE on the field tonight in Red.
Hopefully, They view Burton as a DT and he was filling an injury void tonight.

Burton is definatly a DT. Looked pretty bad at DE. I wish they would've played Zach Ville and Dixon at DE some. They saw limited snaps at DT in the fourth qt.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Maybe Hicks is dogging it so he can get cut because he is pissed that we drafted Tamba.

He's upset about all his "friends" that aren't around from the 2004 team.....

big nasty kcnut
08-12-2006, 11:32 PM
My dad said it was bad i was working today. Have the game right here on tape to watch it.

Rausch
08-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't think hicks will get cut.

We need him just for depth.

Why?...

Eleazar
08-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Depends on the play, but it seems like there should be some linebacker help.

Still no excuse for screwing up the containment.