PDA

View Full Version : Who would you axe?

NewChief
08-12-2006, 10:13 PM
I know that we don't have to make cuts, yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few examples made after tonight's "game." If you were King Chief, who would you axe after tonight and why?

Rausch
08-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Hicks
Bartee
Black

I know it's a radical approach but I figure we should cut players who've sucked azz for years, not just tonight...

dirk digler
08-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Hicks and Sims

NewChief
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Hicks
Bartee
Black

I know it's a radical approach but I figure we should cut players who've sucked azz for years, not just tonight...

Sims is working his way up my list. I'm with you on the others as well.

booger
08-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Not just because of tonight, but I just don't see him fitting anymore, Hicks.

He doesn't fit in a Cover 2 scheme because he has no speed. We could move him inside to tackle to compete.

I just don't know how he would handle it. He had every reason to play his ass off tonight and didn't with Tamba out. Looks to me he is pouty about losing his job and wouldn't mind getting cut.

IMO he should have had to play the whole first half if not some into the 3rd qt. He coulda used some more practice. Herm probably saved him the embarrassment though.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Sims and Hicks, but we can't cut Sims.

NewChief
08-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Sims and Hicks, but we can't cut Sims.

You are King Chief, damnit, you can cut anyone! :cuss:

booger
08-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Sims showed some pass rush a couple of plays but was not consistant at all. He should have dominated against the second stringers. Dalton didn't impress much either but he has been banged up and did come out and practice at the scrimmage against the vikings and is still working hard.

I heard the saints were looking for help at DT. I could see a Sims for Stallworth trade in the works if the cap allows it.

teedubya
08-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Was Bartee even on the field?

I would cut Siavii, Bartee, Hicks, Sims, and Interstate #65

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 10:25 PM
You are King Chief, damnit, you can cut anyone! :cuss:
wtf is king chief?? Wouldn't cutting sims **** with our cap space?

Rausch
Was Bartee even on the field?

If he was how would you know?...

hypersensitiveZO6
Siavii- lazy piece of shit, didn't play

John Browning- at the end of career, injured for 5 weeks, didn't play

That's all for me.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Sims showed some pass rush a couple of plays but was not consistant at all. He should have dominated against the second stringers. Dalton didn't impress much either but he has been banged up and did come out and practice at the scrimmage against the vikings and is still working hard.

I heard the saints were looking for help at DT. I could see a Sims for Stallworth trade in the works if the cap allows it.
I'd buy that for a dollar!

Sure-Oz
Seeing a WR burn him for a TD.

teedubya

Ah, yes Mr Forsythe... you have a point.

dirk digler
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
I forgot about Siavii. Cut his ass too

hypersensitiveZO6
08-12-2006, 10:28 PM
...you wouldn't.

....until you saw opposing team's highlights on mobile phones.

:shake:

keg in kc
08-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Hicks.

Pretty much anybody on the 3rd string defense.

I wouldn't cut Printers, but he's going to the practice squad. He's not anywhere close to ready for the NFL yet. What I've heard about him from practice reports was clear in the game. Strong but not particularly accurate arm, too prone to run, not ready.

booger
08-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar!
I actually think it's very possible.

When we were in talks for Bennett it was rumored they needed help at DT.

Player for player trades rarely happen, but they do happen maybe only once or twice a year.

Good DT's are hard to come by, but NO might be willing to take on Sims hoping a change of scenery would do him some good.

booger
08-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Hicks.

Pretty much anybody on the 3rd string defense.

I wouldn't cut Printers, but he's going to the practice squad. He's not anywhere close to ready for the NFL yet. What I've heard about him from practice reports was clear in the game. Strong but not particularly accurate arm, too prone to run, not ready.
Definatly agree on printers to the ps.

I wouldn't have much fear of him not clearing waivers.

Mecca
08-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Black, Hicks, Siavii, Sims, Bartee........I'd love to see all those guys gone to bad it won't happen.

Sure-Oz
08-12-2006, 10:35 PM
I actually think it's very possible.

When we were in talks for Bennett it was rumored they needed help at DT.

Player for player trades rarely happen, but they do happen maybe only once or twice a year.

Good DT's are hard to come by, but NO might be willing to take on Sims hoping a change of scenery would do him some good.
I'd definetly do the trade if NO is stupid enough to bite, but I hear they do want to get rid of Stallworth and he isn't happy there. This offense surely could use him.

milkman
08-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I didn't see the game, except for the few plays that NFL Network showed, but based on the fact he still hasn't figured out the bootleg;

Hicks, you're Herminated!

Sam Hall
08-12-2006, 10:41 PM
One of the tough things here is if we cut these guys, I don't know who would replace them. Another team's trash? Obviously, we need Roaf to replace Black. Let's hope Hali is good enough to play right away.

booger
08-12-2006, 10:50 PM
We need to give up on Black at LT. He could probably hold up at RT if need be, but should see plently of action at G imo. If he can't cut it there he really gives us no Value. Svitek looks like he is being counted on as the backup swing T at backing up both sides. Parquett doesn't get much time, i think they aren't confident in his pass blocking yet. Thomas Barnett isn't going to wow anyone but does a pretty good job and might sneak in there depending on Black.

We're stuck with Siavii until he can pass a physical so we can cut him. He might spend the year on PUP or IR, but I doubt he ever suits up again for us.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Hicks. Sims we need to keep for depth.

Psyko Tek
08-13-2006, 12:51 AM

somebody would have said turn your head asshle

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Gun

Logical
08-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Hicks and anyone who does not understand why really would get no more from my explanation.

Logical
08-13-2006, 01:10 AM
GunOoooh that is a great choice.

ChiefFan31
08-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Siavii
Browning
Bartee

Hicks
Sims

The last two I would love to have gone, but we really need to replace them first with somebody

I wouldnt cut Black, but by god he aint cutting it at the tackle position. Stick him at guard, which everyone says is his natural position. That is if we havent ruined him yet.

tk13
08-13-2006, 01:20 AM
I don't even know who we'd replace Hicks with. Well, Hall would be the first choice but he can't seem to stay on the field for two games at a time. Hali and Allen can't play every snap. I feel pretty good about this team except for that one area. I think our WR's and OL will find a way, but I'm not real confident about our D-line depth... and that's a biggie.