PDA

View Full Version : apparently there was a major injury last night

chiefsfans03
08-13-2006, 01:56 PM
apparently eric hicks pulled his hammy getting faked outta his jock every time they ran a bootleg also this looks like a reoccuring injury cause every time they play a team that bootlegs he does it. sorry guys had to do it!!!! but this guy seriously looks like he should be a third stringer he shoudnt even be close to starting he reminds me of a guy we had 2 years ago by the name of vonnie holliday. he has a 2-3 sack game then u dont even hear his name for 6 weeks. he looks like hes done i mean he should be okay has a back up but as a starter he stinks also we have to figure out a way to stop the bootleg. if we dont every team we play will use it on us!!!!!!!!!later go chiefs

Demonpenz
08-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Seriously that is a bad thing to say about hicks. I know you don't mean it.

melbar
08-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I pulled for him for a long time because of the situation with his daughter. He basically had to make the team to pay for her medical bills and good for him for lighting it up. But the past couple of years he has just seemed complacent. He's lost the fire.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Hicks is done. The only remaining question is whether KC keeps him for depth. I would cut him and use Hall and Wilkerson as the B-up ends. Assuming Hall and Wilkerson are healthy. Hall has got to get on the field.

Demonpenz
08-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Hali or Hall?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Hicks is done. The only remaining question is whether KC keeps him for depth. I would cut him and use Hall and Wilkerson as the B-up ends. Assuming Hall and Wilkerson are healthy. Hall has got to get on the field.

Hall is Jared Allen's backup. Unlikely to switch sides

Wilkerson plays DT. Very unlikely to switch positions.

Hicks will have to backup Hali with Browning's injury.

We must keep him.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Wilkerson was drafted as a DE. Hicks can't play the run effectively at all. He's like silly putty out there.

milkman
08-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Hall is Jared Allen's backup. Unlikely to switch sides

Wilkerson plays DT. Very unlikely to switch positions.

Hicks will have to backup Hali with Browning's injury.

We must keep him.

Hall didn't get onto many plays last season, but the majority of snaps he did play were in place of Hicks.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Hali or Hall?

Both actually but I meant Hall. Hali just has dinged ribs and will be back but Hall has been injured a lot since he came over from Tennessee.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Hall didn't get onto many plays last season, but the majority of snaps he did play were in place of Hicks.

Meaning Hall's role this year could be huge.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Wilkerson was drafted as a DE. Hicks can't play the run effectively at all. He's like silly putty out there.

I've said it before that I believe it's too late to switch a player's position this late.

Especially in a new scheme.

ChiefaRoo
08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Meaning Hall's role this year could be huge.

Yeah, if Hall can play a lot and Wilkerson can play some spot DE then KC can cut Hicks. It's a thought as I just don't see Hicks being effective even being fresh with limited snaps. He just can't move anymore.

beer bacon
08-13-2006, 02:48 PM

Hicks played the run pretty well last season. He just can't rush the passer and gets killed by the bootleg constantly.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah, if Hall can play a lot and Wilkerson can play some spot DE then KC can cut Hicks. It's a thought as I just don't see Hicks being effective even being fresh with limited snaps. He just can't move anymore.

He best days are obviously past him, but he can still help us.

Depth, in case of injury, and rotation of linemen is the only reason we keep him.

And I think we have to keep him.

Chieftain58
08-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Hicks has the size but he is way to slow..

hypersensitiveZO6
08-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Hicks has the size but he is way to slow..

I don't believe speed is that much of factor at all for a DT.

It's more about getting leverage and moving the pile backwards for other people to contribute and contribute yourself.

He doesn't do any of that.

Chan93lx50
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Move Hicks to DT, that way he does not have to worry about he bootleg

Halfcan
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I hope Hicks does not read this thread-his feelings would be hurt.

Hicks is the heart and Soul of this Defense and still has 4-5 years of good playing left in him.

not

ARROW2
08-13-2006, 09:17 PM
He sucks......period! Waaaay to s-l-o-w