PDA

View Full Version : What about Huard and Smoker?

TinyEvel
08-13-2006, 04:42 PM
What about Huard and Smoker?

Sorry if I missed something, I've been out of town, but is anybody talking about giving these guys some snaps? Did we release Huard?

You'd think if one of them were suited up yesterday, Herm would have put 'em in after Printers got sacked for the fourth or fifth time

Hammock Parties
08-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Huard has an ankle sprain. Smoker will probably be released this week is my thinking, if Huard can go Thursday.

TinyEvel
08-13-2006, 04:46 PM
CASEY PRINTERS, THE BOOK:

:banghead:

(I relaly don't want to throw the guy under the bus this early, but for humor's sake, f*** it)

Skip Towne
08-13-2006, 04:49 PM
While he was in the booth last night, Carl said Smoker would be released as soon as Croyle heals up.

chagrin
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
Why wouldn't they let Smoker play a little - that guy will be better than friggin Huard I can tell you that

BTAU
08-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Peterson said on the broadcast last night that Smoker was just insurance and would be let go when either Huard or Croyle is healthy.

BIG K
08-13-2006, 09:09 PM
While he was in the booth last night, Carl said Smoker would be released as soon as Croyle heals up.

Wow! That statement cannot bode well for Mr. Smokers' self esteem..Since my only evaluation of Printers' play last night was the 'game tracker' and all of your opionions that actually saw the game,(I could not see the game as I live in CA), I am curious after last nights performance by Printers signals the end of the possibility of carrying 4 QB's into the season.....

Sure wish I could have actually seen the game.... :banghead:

Nightwish
08-13-2006, 09:11 PM
What about Huard and Smoker?

Sorry if I missed something, I've been out of town, but is anybody talking about giving these guys some snaps? Did we release Huard?

You'd think if one of them were suited up yesterday, Herm would have put 'em in after Printers got sacked for the fourth or fifth time
Smoker was only signed as an emergency backup, when Huard got injured a few days ago.

Nightwish
08-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow! That statement cannot bode well for Mr. Smokers' self esteem..Since my only evaluation of Printers' play last night was the 'game tracker' and all of your opionions that actually saw the game,(I could not see the game as I live in CA), I am curious after last nights performance by Printers signals the end of the possibility of carrying 4 QB's into the season.....

It'll take more than one preseason game to determine the fate of most of these guys. Rookies, first time at elevated game play, first time in front of a regular-season-sized crowd, you're gonna have a lot of first day jitters. Preseason is mostly about weeding out the weak links, but it's also about giving them a chance to get over those butterflies before it really matters.

milkman
08-13-2006, 09:18 PM

NFL Network, K.

Nightwish
08-13-2006, 09:34 PM
NFL Network, K.
Don't you have to specifically subscribe to the NFL Network? I don't think it comes with basic cable, does it?

BIG K
08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
Don't you have to specifically subscribe to the NFL Network? I don't think it comes with basic cable, does it?

I have DirecTv, with one channel of NFL Network. It showed a different game last night. I will check on this though, thanks!

milkman
08-13-2006, 10:46 PM
I have DirecTv, with one channel of NFL Network. It showed a different game last night. I will check on this though, thanks!

The game was on in it's entirety this morning at 8.

I think it will replay another couple times this week, though that is only what I've heard.

whoman69
08-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Why wouldn't they let Smoker play a little - that guy will be better than friggin Huard I can tell you that
So would neanderthal man