PDA

View Full Version : So I'm sitting here....

luv
08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm housesitting for dad, and I'm sitting here at his desk whenever I see a small photo album. I decide to check it out. It's full of pictures of my half brother who died 10 years ago. He'd be 12 years old today.

Sorry, not meant as a down thread. It was good to reminisce(sp?) for awhile.

greg63
08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Nostalgia is a good thing luv.

Moooo
08-13-2006, 11:49 PM
I don't know how people manage with that...

The whole thought of this is depressing, heart-warming, confusing, and yet clear all at the same time...

I don't know if that makes any sense at all or not.

Moooo

Bugeater
08-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Nobody has died in my family for over 20 years.

luv
08-13-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't know how people manage with that...

The whole thought of this is depressing, heart-warming, confusing, and yet clear all at the same time...

I don't know if that makes any sense at all or not.

Moooo
Not intended to depress anyone. Really, there are certain parts that I don't care to try to picture, but he was such a cutie. I was his one and only sissy (my two step brothers and my older brother).

Rausch
08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
The loss of someone you deeply care for strengthens your resolve. It tests your will.

Of course you could always decided to sit down at Denny's with Sims, max out the CC, and concentrate on how much it sucks to be where you are right now...

Moooo
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Not intended to depress anyone. Really, there are certain parts that I don't care to try to picture, but he was such a cutie. I was his one and only sissy (my two step brothers and my older brother).

I've never experienced anything like this, but just a gauntlet of emotions overcomes me. For a guy I'm fairly good at experiencing the whole rainbow of emotions (not a cry baby, but no brick wall), I'm just getting a lot from this. For the obvious its depressing, but its also heart-warming cause he's still alive in people's hearts and souls. And then its confusing that you would find it now after 10 years. But its clear as a bell, as in why not?

Sorry, I'm blabbering. Its definitely a thought-provoking find...

Moooo

luv
08-13-2006, 11:55 PM
The loss of someone you deeply care for strengthens your resolve. It tests your will.

Of course you could always decided to sit down at Denny's with Sims, max out the CC, and concentrate on how much it sucks to be where you are right now...
Everything happens for a reason, and, as you so eloquently pointed out, things can always be worse.

greg63
08-13-2006, 11:56 PM

...That would be a case of misery loving company.

greg63
08-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Everything happens for a reason, and, as you so eloquently pointed out, things can always be worse.

Yup.

Hootie
08-13-2006, 11:57 PM
I am HARD.

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
...That would be a case of misery loving company.

Which seems to be stage 1 of feeling like $3it.

Somone else you know willing to sink to your level while you bathe in self-pity...

greg63
08-14-2006, 12:00 AM
I've never experienced anything like this, but just a gauntlet of emotions overcomes me. For a guy I'm fairly good at experiencing the whole rainbow of emotions (not a cry baby, but no brick wall), I'm just getting a lot from this. For the obvious its depressing, but its also heart-warming cause he's still alive in people's hearts and souls. And then its confusing that you would find it now after 10 years. But its clear as a bell, as in why not?

Moooo

I understand what you're talking about. Our oldest son got away from us once when he was two. The full range a emotional spectrum is what I was feeling when we found him.

luv
08-14-2006, 12:01 AM

Moooo
I'll have to tell you about it sometime. I'm fine just thinking about it as long as I don't try to picture how he died. That part chokes me up every time.

greg63
08-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Which seems to be stage 1 of feeling like $3it.

Somone else you know willing to sink to your level while you bathe in self-pity...

Nicely put.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll have to tell you about it sometime. I'm fine just thinking about it as long as I don't try to picture how he died. That part chokes me up every time.

Without going into too much detail I have an incident from my much much younger days that haunts me to this day. Its one of the very first memories I have and its messed with me my whole life.

I'll be talking to people having a good time and it will pop into my head for no reason. And all the sudden it consumes me. The people around me are like, "WTF?" It gets in the way...

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Without going into too much detail I have an incident from my much much younger days that haunts me to this day. Its one of the very first memories I have and its messed with me my whole life.

I'll be talking to people having a good time and it will pop into my head for no reason. And all the sudden it consumes me. The people around me are like, "WTF?" It gets in the way...

Moooo
I'm sorry if I reminded you of something bad like that. Totally unintentional.

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:07 AM

Moooo

Because everything good can turn to $#it in an instant?...

Moooo
08-14-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm sorry if I reminded you of something bad like that. Totally unintentional.

Bad memories are a part of life. You can't run from them, cause wherever you go, there you are.

Moooo

Moooo
08-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Yep...

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Okay, you should be cheerier for someone who's getting married.

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Bad memories are a part of life. You can't run from them, cause wherever you go, there you are.

Moooo

http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Buckaroo_banzai.jpg

greg63
08-14-2006, 12:12 AM

Moooo

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome; great line. :D

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:13 AM
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome; great line. :D

Buckaroo Banzai mother****er!1! :cuss:

greg63
08-14-2006, 12:17 AM

ROFL :thumb:

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Okay, you should be cheerier for someone who's getting married.

It's exactly why I'm getting married.

Once you've found something to make you happy why avoid or fear it?

EVERYTHING will end.

Question is, will you enjoy it while it lasts?...

luv
08-14-2006, 12:23 AM

EVERYTHING will end.

Question is, will you enjoy it while it lasts?...
I'd be too busy trying to prevent it from ending.

greg63
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM

EVERYTHING will end.

Question is, will you enjoy it while it lasts?...Yep! I'll take quality over quantity, but if I had my "rathers"; I'd take both. :D

Nite Planet!

Rausch
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM
I'd be too busy trying to prevent it from ending.

Quit fearing the bad and start appreciating the good.

luv
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
I appreciate it. That's why I'd never want it to end. All good things are worth fighting for.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM

This reminds me of a quote I saw on my cousins MySpace page (strange source, I know).

"Pain is inevitbale, misery is optional."

Moooo

luv
08-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Boys, boys....

Don't go getting profound on me!

Moooo
08-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Boys, boys....

Don't go getting profound on me!

Okay, I'll go get all sleepy on you.

That didn't sound good... did it?

Moooo

Braincase
08-14-2006, 05:50 AM

There's an ongoing debate as to whether the expression first appeared in Buckaroo Banzai or Repo Man. The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension was released October 5, 1984... but Repo Man, featuring Emilio Estevez as Otto Maddox, was released March 2 of the same year.

So it's Repo Man, mother****er!

greg63
08-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Nice avatar luv! :thumb:

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Yep! I'll take quality over quantity, but if I had my rashers; I'd take both. :D

Nite Planet!

What the hell is a Rasher ? I don't think I'd want one of those!

greg63
08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
What the hell is a Rasher ? I don't think I'd want one of those!

ROFLROFLROFL

I was tired when I tried to type "rathers".