PDA

View Full Version : Should I still draft Portis???

Tatertot13
08-14-2006, 06:51 AM
So, one of my fantasy football drafts is this weekend and I drew the 4th overall pick. I was planning on taking Portis, but with his injury last night, I'm not so sure now. I know they haven't officially said how long he's going to be out, but even if he's ready for the opener, do I want a back with a nagging shoulder injury? I hate my other options after him and have even thought about taking Peyton Manning at this pick now. I don't want Barber b/c he's going to lose TD's to Jacobs. I don't want Edge b/c Arizona's O-Line blows. Thoughts? Suggestions?

ChiefsFan4Life
08-14-2006, 06:55 AM
So, one of my fantasy football drafts is this weekend and I drew the 4th overall pick. I was planning on taking Portis, but with his injury last night, I'm not so sure now. I know they haven't officially said how long he's going to be out, but even if he's ready for the opener, do I want a back with a nagging shoulder injury? I hate my other options after him and have even thought about taking Peyton Manning at this pick now. I don't want Barber b/c he's going to lose TD's to Jacobs. I don't want Edge b/c Arizona's O-Line blows. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'd personally take Edge over Portis at this point in time. Lingering shoulder injury isn't good for a RB - plus, with Fitzgerald and Boldin in Arizona, most defenses would be hardpressed to stack the box, so even if the O-Line isn't the greatest I'd still go with Edge.

cdcox
08-14-2006, 07:24 AM
I've had an AC sprain and that took about a month to heal. I'm sure the pros heal faster, but a full separation is going to take a while to be 100%.

I don't play fantasy football, but I heard the Fox Fantansy Nerds on the radio and they were really excited by Steven Jackson, slotting him at #5, ahead of Edge. With Portis dinged, I'd imagine Jackson slides up to the 4 position for them.

ct
08-14-2006, 07:28 AM
I just found out saturday that I get to pick last in a 12-team snake draft league. I was bummin hard, realizing with the very short list of top level RBs this year, I was gonna miss em all. Now I'm eyeing Portis big time!

Bootlegged
08-14-2006, 07:31 AM
I think Jackson has a monster year. My other 2 picks to break out to elite level this year are LaMont Jordan & Chester Taylor.

StcChief
08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
If your in my league...go ahead and draft him...
He'll be 100% by Nov. if your lucky. :p

King_Chief_Fan
08-14-2006, 08:26 AM

I have the 4th pick as well in my league. I was thinking about Portis. I am now thinking I will go with Barber instead. But, our draft doesn't happen until labor day weekend. I have got time to see if Portis heals.

MahiMike
08-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd try and trade down. 4th pick is the toughest pick this year - even before the injury. After the top 3, the talent level drops a tier. Trade down to #10/12 and get 3 picks in the 1st 14! If they won't bite on a trade, maybe go with Manning.

DJay23
08-14-2006, 08:43 AM
this news is upsetting to me. I had Portis rated very highly, in fact for a while I was considering taking him over Alexander if the opportunity arised. I am of the opinion that he will have a monster year in Saunder's offense.

after Portis I had Barber and then Jackson. I'm not sure how far I'd drop Portis either. Is he still a first rounder? Does he drop to a RB2 because the risk of his injury?

I wouldn't take Manning in this spot go with Jackson or even Barber. I had Barber last year and he's one of hte reasons I won my league.