PDA

View Full Version : Style of offense

chagrin
08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
So many threads on this game, from the first preseason game, what changes did you notice in the offensive style? Did it really go as conservative as I have read on other sites?

penguinz
08-14-2006, 10:30 AM
It was vanilla just like it always is in the preseason.

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 10:32 AM
i didn't notice any style in the offense.

is no style a style?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Vanilla like vanilla wafers.

JimNasium
08-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Vanilla like vanilla wafers.
Vanilla like Vanilla Thunder.

FringeNC
08-14-2006, 10:36 AM
What's the point of running a vanilla offense in the preseason? Other teams have seen your playbook from the previous year, and shouldn't you practice the type of plays you are going to run in a real game?

JimNasium
08-14-2006, 10:37 AM
What's the point of running a vanilla offense in the preseason? Other teams have seen your playbook from the previous year, and shouldn't you practice the type of plays you are going to run in a real game?
I think they do it to cause a ChiefsPlanet implosion.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Vanilla like Vanilla Thunder.
ROFL

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 10:42 AM
the starting O play calling remined me of text book Joe Gibbs.

chagrin
08-14-2006, 10:42 AM
"alrighty"

thanks zach

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
The first string offense was anything but conservative. They passed 3 straight times to start the game.

sedated
08-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't think much can be learned in terms of strategy in the preseason.

only individual performance

(except for the bungles, they showed us 2 trick plays in their 1st preseason game)

MOhillbilly
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think much can be learned in terms of strategy in the preseason.

only individual performance

did you watch the skins first ten plays on D?

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 11:33 AM
We didn't use any motion, but that was expected in the preseason.

Overall, I thought the balance was good.

Give Solari some credit.

BTW, I just speaking of the first team

Mr. Laz
08-14-2006, 11:36 AM
We didn't use any motion, but that was expected in the preseason.

Overall, I thought the balance was good.

Give Solari some credit.

BTW, I just speaking of the first team

i think it's just being lazy ... the coaches just don't wanna teach a bunch of players that won't make the team the full offense.

i also think it hurts the team ... because you don't know if a young player can handle the full offense if you don't try it. You also delay a young players development if you don't use the full offense.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-14-2006, 11:44 AM
i think it's just being lazy ... the coaches just don't wanna teach a bunch of players that won't make the team the full offense.

i also think it hurts the team ... because you don't know if a young player can handle the full offense if you don't try it. You also delay a young players development if you don't use the full offense.

Even though one of the mains keys IMO to our offense being so successful is the use of the motion, those things can be added later.

It's important to just learn the base offense, whatever that is, in the preseason.

I agree that it will hurt some of the younger players. I think the offense will still be fine. We may use more motion as the preseason progresses.