PDA

View Full Version : How Pissed if Cowher becomes unemployed?

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Okay how pissed are you going to be that we are stuck with this tard of a coach we have now, if Cowher comes available next season?

I will be sick, just sick if that is true! Please CP can Herm if Cowher comes on the market! Please!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2548813

DaKCMan AP
08-14-2006, 01:54 PM
mmm...parsely potatoes

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
ROFL

jAZ
08-14-2006, 01:55 PM
WTF???

cdcox
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
If Cowher leaves the Steelers, I doubt seriously he would go to another NFL team. Why would he do that? He's got a great deal in Pittsburgh with the Rooneys. They would give him any thing he wants. I see him either going to NC State, or just taking some time off, if he decides not to return to the Steelers.

greg63
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Eh.

RockChalk
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
did i really just read that? why would you post this and why is Herm a "tard" all of a sudden?

stevieray
08-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Because we all know that he only wants to coach in KC, and if he doesn't end up here, it's Carls fault.

I think I'll wait and let Herm coach a season before I claim we are stuck with him.

JimNasium
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
mmm...parsely potatoes
Biscuits and gravy.

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
It's probably too early to say, but I would ecstatic if Herm could develop a tenure with the Chiefs like that of Cowher with the Steelers.

He's a younger coach, has good energy, and I don't think he's bad at all.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but looking around, I can't imagine too many other coaches around that I would say that with.

Moooo

Iowanian
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
wtf is it with the influx of bleach drinkers and their threads lately?

DaFace
08-14-2006, 02:09 PM
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morphius
08-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Because we all know that he only wants to coach in KC, and if he doesn't end up here, it's Carls fault.

I think I'll wait and let Herm coach a season before I claim we are stuck with him.
Didn't you see the first preseason game? If you did you would know that the season was officially over... [/sarcasm]

RockChalk
08-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Okay how pissed are you going to be that we are stuck with this tard of a coach we have now, if Cowher comes available next season?

I will be sick, just sick if that is true! Please CP can Herm if Cowher comes on the market! Please!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2548813

A better question might be how pissed are we going to be if we have to read another thread started by you again?

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
did i really just read that? why would you post this and why is Herm a "tard" all of a sudden?

what do you mean all of a sudden?

this is nothing new about Herm "Clock Management" Edwards? What has he done other than take a Good Jets team and turn them into a 4-12 disaster?

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:20 PM
A better question might be how pissed are we going to be if we have to read another thread started by you again?

why you reading it agian and posting on it more that once?

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 02:23 PM

this is nothing new about Herm "Clock Management" Edwards? What has he done other than take a Good Jets team and turn them into a 4-12 disaster?

Cowher got THIRTEEN years to actually accomplish something.

Up until last year, Cowher was talked about much the same as Herm is - Martyball coach that beat himself more often than he beat the opponent.

JBucc
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
How pissed? HENRY ROLLINS PISSED!!!! Ayeyeeeeeee!~~!!

Moooo
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM

He was using his 5th QB. If that happened to KC, we would be using Smoker!

I would be amazed if we went 4-12 under those conditions.

Moooo

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2006, 02:25 PM
My thoughts exactly, the only thing that will piss me off is for you to continue posting this stupid shit. If you don't like the Chiefs then go away.

Rausch
08-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Cowher got THIRTEEN years to actually accomplish something.

Up until last year, Cowher was talked about much the same as Herm is - Martyball coach that beat himself more often than he beat the opponent.

And those who talked about him that way rarely watched more than 2 Steelers games a year...

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
My thoughts exactly, the only thing that will piss me off is for you to continue posting this stupid shit. If you don't like the Chiefs then go away.

Never said I didnt like the Chiefs did I? Where did I post that? You know I didnt post this subject, while worrying about your feelings. I posted this to see what others thought about being stuck with Herm when or IF Cowher comes avalible?

Yes stuck with Herm and dude seek some anger management classes....

Dartgod
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Didn't you see the first preseason game? If you did you would know that the season was officially over... [/sarcasm]
Bullshit. The season was over the months ago, when Roaf told Carl that he was retiring and Carl decided to do nothing about it. Or maybe it was after the draft. I can't keep track anymore...

htismaqe
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
And those who talked about him that way rarely watched more than 2 Steelers games a year...

Absolutely not true.

A great many Steeler fans wanted Cowher gone at the end of the last decade...

Predarat
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
The way I see it is if Cowher leaves the Steelers it will be to retire. He will want to be out of the NFL at least a year or two. So if its year two, three or four and Herm hasnt been a good coach and Cowher wants back the timing will be almost perfect. So Herm at least gets two years to show what he can do, probably three.

Rausch
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Absolutely not true.

A great many Steeler fans wanted Cowher gone at the end of the last decade...

True, I should have said most.

Definitely most on here.

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
The way I see it is if Cowher leaves the Steelers it will be to retire. He will want to be out of the NFL at least a year or two. So if its year two, three or four and Herm hasnt been a good coach and Cowher wants back the timing will be almost perfect. So Herm at least gets two years to show what he can do, probably three.

Nice to see some intelligence still left on the board. I never said the season was over, or we cant stop the BOOTLEG. What I was saying is and was. I would hate to see Cowher on the market next season while we are STUCK with Herm. Yes I feel hiring Herm will be as effective as hiring Greg Robinson a few years back.

I see your point. Bill might just hang it up for a few years before he comes back. But will he come to KC? Peterson is on his last contract with the club. So who knows?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Never said I didnt like the Chiefs did I? Where did I post that? You know I didnt post this subject, while worrying about your feelings. I posted this to see what others thought about being stuck with Herm when or IF Cowher comes avalible?

Yes stuck with Herm and dude seek some anger management classes....

Hey dumbass, I can assure you that at the end of the year we will all be wanting to have had the head coach that just won the Superbowl. Unless we already have him.:)

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Hey dumbass, I can assure you that at the end of the year we will all be wanting to have had the head coach that just won the Superbowl. Unless we already have him.:)

Dumbass? Man you dont even know me and you call me a dumbass? Nice!

Why do you say that? It seems to me we just had a coach that won the superbowl and where did that get us? A smoking ass offense and a defense that couldnt stop any local HS school team!

But now that I think about it, If he takes a couple of years off. Carl will/hopefully be gone and Bill might not have any incentive to come back to KC and coach.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2006, 02:47 PM
YOUR AND IDIOT!

morphius
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Bullshit. The season was over the months ago, when Roaf told Carl that he was retiring and Carl decided to do nothing about it. Or maybe it was after the draft. I can't keep track anymore...
Or was it over when Carl didn't leave with DV? Or was it over when we didn't sign Law the first day of FA? Damn you! Now I'm more confused!!!

JBucc
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Dumbass? Man you dont even know me and you call me a dumbass? Nice!

dumbass

Eleazar
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
,./

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:52 PM
YOUR AND IDIOT!

Your and Idiot? Is that like You and I, or Me and You?

Man your comebacks and whitty comments are just killing me...

Nice job!

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
dumbass

Thanks, dude.

Eleazar
08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
You should probably come back once you've examined the likelihood of Cowher hitting the market. Then you wouldn't look like you ate paint chips by the pound when you were a kid.

Reerun_KC
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
You should probably come back once you've examined the likelihood of Cowher hitting the market. Then you wouldn't look like you ate paint chips by the pound when you were a kid.

did you eat paint chips when you was a kid?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-14-2006, 03:06 PM
:homer: mmmmm...... paintchips........

BigRedChief
08-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Biscuits and gravy.
http://www.f5.dion.ne.jp/~hagisan/yum/yum.jpg

BigRedChief
08-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Or was it over when Carl didn't leave with DV? Or was it over when we didn't sign Law the first day of FA? Damn you!Over. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? It's not over till we say its over.
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/151/3101.jpg

greg63
08-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Your and Idiot? Is that like You and I, or Me and You?

Man your comebacks and whitty comments are just killing me...

Nice job!

No he means....

StcChief
08-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Cower would come back and follow up as analyst, talking head like the others....

then decide if he wanted to coach again.

Chief Faithful
08-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Cowher is Edwards.

big nasty kcnut
08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Cower got like a 5 year grace period for winning the super bowl so he'll be there awhile.

Adept Havelock
08-14-2006, 04:46 PM

Curse you and your voice of reason and common sense! ROFL

Yep, the man deserves at least a year, barring some horrific travesty.

blueballs
08-15-2006, 12:15 AM
meth baby

Inspector
08-15-2006, 05:22 AM
I've lost count.

How many times this season has the season been over???

alanm
08-15-2006, 07:41 AM
Nice to see some intelligence still left on the board. I never said the season was over, or we cant stop the BOOTLEG. What I was saying is and was. I would hate to see Cowher on the market next season while we are STUCK with Herm. Yes I feel hiring Herm will be as effective as hiring Greg Robinson a few years back.

I see your point. Bill might just hang it up for a few years before he comes back. But will he come to KC? Peterson is on his last contract with the club. So who knows?
It wouldn't of mattered if you said we can't stop the bootleg. I haven't seen the ability of being able to stop the bootleg in the last 5 yrs.
It's like watching Charlie Brown flying through the air and landing on his ass as Lucy jerks the ball away. You'd think Charlie Brown would learn after all these years. but noooooooooooooo. :banghead: :banghead:

Demonpenz
08-15-2006, 08:00 AM

no no no not take. He lead them to those 4 wins

Wallcrawler
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, and he had like what, ELEVEN of his starters go down over the course of the season?

Its stupidity like this that allowed us to get Herman Edwards, so I guess I cant totally hate it, but come ON.

You have starters for a reason. Because the guy riding the pine behind him is not at the talent level to be out there ahead of the starter. Even with every starter healthy its damn hard to win in the NFL. Now when youve got around half the starters on your whole team on the injured list and replaced with second string talent, its even harder to win in the league.

Playing with a 5th string QB, Id love to see the coach that could win under those circumstances.

Bottom line, Jets management f'ed up bigtime letting Herman Edwards go for just a 4th round pick. In every year save for the injury plagued 4-12 disaster, Herm had his guys in the playoffs.

This includes his FIRST year also, which is usually the year where some leeway is given when trying to implement the new philosophy. The Jets werent the greatest team in the league when Edwards took over either.

Jets fans are just hard to please anyway. They seem to forget the days when they sat in the stands with paper bags over their heads with J.E.T.S. written across it standing for "Just End The Season."

They get a guy who takes the team to the playoffs on a consistent basis, and they still bitch. They can blame Edwards all they like for the 4-12 disaster, but without talent on the field a coach really cant do a whole lot.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=WallcrawlerPlaying with a 5th string QB, Id love to see the coach that could win under those circumstances. [/QUOTE]

I think I said this either in this thread or another thread, but if the Chiefs did this, they'd be beyond starting Printers, and starting Smoker...

I personally would be very content with a 4-12 record under those conditions.

Moooo