View Full Version : Same ol' T-Rich

dtebbe
08-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Tearing the Raiders up in Minnesota ROFL

DT

Dammit Carl!!! :cuss:

kcxiv
08-14-2006, 07:25 PM
again, Carl has nothing to do with him leaving. He left on his own.

DMAC
08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
yeah, he looked good

Fish
08-14-2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.cjonline.com/images/121800/chief.main1.jpg

sigh........ I miss TRich......

Chieftain58
08-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Salary cap

Hammock Parties
08-14-2006, 07:52 PM
It is sad that he couldn't retire as a Chief...but we had to prepare for his loss sooner rather than later.

I will always remember him running over the Broncos on a cold December day.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9315/den12ue5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

KCBOSS1
08-14-2006, 09:35 PM
again, Carl has nothing to do with him leaving. He left on his own.

wrong. Everybody including the NFL network has reported that the chiefs played 'hardball' with TRich. He is a nice guy, great leader and multi-pro bowler. He left without a lot of hoorah because that is the way he is. they showed a lack of appreciation and even attention by not stepping up to the plate in his contract this year. That has seemed obvious to me. Did he say otherwise?

Ultra Peanut
08-14-2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.cjonline.com/images/121800/chief.main1.jpg

sigh........ I miss TRich......It's sad to realize we'll never get to see him in the ketchup and mustard ever again.

ChiefsFanatic
08-14-2006, 10:36 PM
wrong. Everybody including the NFL network has reported that the chiefs played 'hardball' with TRich. He is a nice guy, great leader and multi-pro bowler. He left without a lot of hoorah because that is the way he is. they showed a lack of appreciation and even attention by not stepping up to the plate in his contract this year. That has seemed obvious to me. Did he say otherwise?

Reminds me of Nick Lowery. And we all know how that turned out.
:mad:

Mecca
08-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Ugh another Tony Richardson thread........he's 35 and plays a position that is basically be phased out of the NFL. When someone can justify to me that he should be paid a million dollars a year, I'll listen but I don't think a FB should make that.

ChiefsFanatic
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Ugh another Tony Richardson thread........he's 35 and plays a position that is basically be phased out of the NFL. When someone can justify to me that he should be paid a million dollars a year, I'll listen but I don't think a FB should make that.

Weren't you the guy who said kickers are a dime-a-dozen?
ROFL

cmh6476
08-14-2006, 10:53 PM
ty law & ronnie cruz > t-rich & lenny walls

unfortunately that is the reality of the NFL. If this were MLB they would both be here.

noa
08-14-2006, 10:53 PM
We didn't want to overpay for a player who was only on the field 1/3rd of the time, and T-Rich wanted to get the most money possible. Both sides are completely reasonable and justifiable, so I see no reason to be upset about this decision. It was logical from both sides.

kregger
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
As much as I appreciate the game T-Rich brought week in and week out, I still am haunted by that dropped pass in Buffalo.

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Reminds me of Nick Lowery. And we all know how that turned out.
:mad:

You're joking right? Nick Lowery sucked. He could hit field goals all day long when the Chiefs were down 40-0, but with a game on the line, he sucked. Sucked.

And don't forget that Nick singlehandedly got in Lamar Hunt's ear and asked him to fire the first coach that lead them to the playoffs in 15 years. And the Chiefs were rewarded with 8-22-1 record for the following two seasons.

Mecca
08-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Weren't you the guy who said kickers are a dime-a-dozen?
ROFL

Nope that wasn't me.........even though about half the kickers in the league are a dime a dozen. Basically that phrase applies unless you happen to have a really good one.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 01:03 AM

unfortunately that is the reality of the NFL. If this were MLB they would both be here.

Actually if this were the MLB we'd have neither, being a small market club...

They'd probably both play for the giants.

Moooo

DaWolf
08-15-2006, 01:08 AM
We'll miss him more in the locker room than on the field. His injuries the past few years didn't help his cause. But I would have prefered he was back, he was a good Chief...

ARROW2
08-15-2006, 04:20 AM
As much as I appreciate the game T-Rich brought week in and week out, I still am haunted by that dropped pass in Buffalo.

That was Kimble Anders...............

jspchief
08-15-2006, 05:35 AM
The 1.25 million he's getting paid in Minnesota is a drop in the bucket in relation to today's NFL salaries. William f*cking Bartee is getting paid more. For a pro bowl caliber player.

Sure he was only in about 25% of the plays. But that 25% consisted of every short yardage and goalline situation we were in.

I pray that he'll turn out to be as replaceable as you guys claim. But I can't help but think we'll notice his absence in some critical short yardage situation this year. I know I wouldn't feel near as good about going for the win like we did in that Raider game.

DaWolf
08-15-2006, 05:45 AM
The fact of the matter is we wanted to become a younger football team, and TRich was at the end of his contract so there was one position to start at. I see nothing wrong with the direction we've decided to head in, slowly retooling this team. The worst thing to do is hold on to all the old vets until it is too late. That being said, again his presence in the locker room will be missed...

Skip Towne
08-15-2006, 05:53 AM
We didn't want to overpay for a player who was only on the field 1/3rd of the time, and T-Rich wanted to get the most money possible. Both sides are completely reasonable and justifiable, so I see no reason to be upset about this decision. It was logical from both sides.
Exactly right. I really liked T-Rich but he wasn't going to last much longer anyway.

redsurfer11
08-15-2006, 05:54 AM

If you're talking about the AFC Championship game. That was Kimbal Anders.

StcChief
08-15-2006, 07:03 AM
The 1.25 million he's getting paid in Minnesota is a drop in the bucket in relation to today's NFL salaries. William f*cking Bartee is getting paid more. For a pro bowl caliber player.

Sure he was only in about 25% of the plays. But that 25% consisted of every short yardage and goalline situation we were in.

I pray that he'll turn out to be as replaceable as you guys claim. But I can't help but think we'll notice his absence in some critical short yardage situation this year. I know I wouldn't feel near as good about going for the win like we did in that Raider game.

Absolutely. Hopefully the Chiefs will NOT have to realize the FB position's value.

It will take a couple of 3rd goal stuffs in critical situations because. R Cruz get's faked out, and they stop LJ short.

The head scratchin and finger pointing, would-a should-a could-a will start up.

Hydrae
08-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Hopefully over the course of the next couple of years we find that Cruz is a capable replacement.

sedated
08-15-2006, 09:10 AM

or neither

sedated
08-15-2006, 09:14 AM

I'd like to hear that after Cruz misses a blitz-pickup and Trent goes down.

that $1.25 is worth it to protect our $6 million QB and record-breaking RB

ChiefsOne
08-15-2006, 09:54 AM
1.25 a year, for a couple more years wasn't too much to pay for a guy like T-Rich. He will be missed more than not.

The Red Sea
08-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I've only been posting on this board a short time BUT long enough to know these T-Rich threads are getting old.

I love T-Rich I do but hes not here anymore I wish him well.
The scenario though it sounds cruel I most want to hear about T-Rich at the end of the yr is how he placed calls to Tony G,Trent & some of the others & said..

"Congrats guys but WTF?! I leave & a yr later you get your rings??"

jspchief
08-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I've only been posting on this board a short time BUT long enough to know these T-Rich threads are getting old.Yea, no kidding. Why are fans so attached to some guy that did nothing but play his ass off and represent himself and his team with class and dignity? He was only a rock on the field, and a great human off it. Big deal.

We needed that money for Ryan Sims, Eric Hicks, Greg Wesley, and William Bartee.

jynni
08-15-2006, 10:45 AM
The scenario though it sounds cruel I most want to hear about T-Rich at the end of the yr is how he placed calls to Tony G,Trent & some of the others & said..

"Congrats guys but WTF?! I leave & a yr later you get your rings??"

Nah - didn't you hear, the season is over!

Or, wait, is it back on again?

I can't remember - but if it is, we're Doomed!!!

StcChief
Yea, no kidding. Why are fans so attached to some guy that did nothing but play his ass off and represent himself and his team with class and dignity? He was only a rock on the field, and a great human off it. Big deal.

We needed that money for Ryan Sims, Eric Hicks, Greg Wesley, and William Bartee.

It's bad when Chiefs won't cut their losses with these guys...
Knowing full well Edwards was gonna get rid of some of them despite the cap position. Take the hit and move on.

T-Rich is class on/off the field and not asking for the world either.

ChiefsOne
[QUOTEWe needed that money for Ryan Sims, Eric Hicks, Greg Wesley, and William Bartee.[/QUOTE]

That's what chaps my ass and I am sure it does T-Rich as well.

The Red Sea
08-15-2006, 11:07 AM
T-Rich is a Tremendous loss for the Chiefs I'm not argueing that thats for Damn sure.
As many have already pointed out thats on & off the field.

Also as I said I'm going to wish him the best to be sure.
Carl shouldve found a way..but he did not.

We just have to hope someone will step up & prove to be worthy in preseason to fill the role.

cmh6476
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
we spend up to the cap every year. You'd have to think without a salary cap Lamar would let CP buy him his championship trophy.

We'd have Reggie Wayne, T-Rich, Law and a ProBowl DT :thumb: